Author Topic: What made your day?  (Read 263989 times)

Zaga

• Magnum Stache
    • A Wall of Hats
Re: What made your day?
« Reply #850 on: January 13, 2018, 07:14:52 PM »
We cleaned out the garage after some woodworking of the past few weeks, the 1 foot of snow we got last night is melting off my car now :-)

Cookie78

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #851 on: January 13, 2018, 07:17:43 PM »
The temperature!!! It's 21 C this morning and the cool breeze is bliss. (yesterday it got up to 34C in the shade and the late afternoon thunderstorm just made it really humid, aka yuk)

Mine is similar. It got up to -20C today. Up from a high of -34C the last couple days. Warm enough to go for a big walk with the dogs. They were thrilled after feeling stuck in the house for so long. Also me too.

MrUpwardlyMobile

• Pencil Stache
    • The Upwardly Mobile Life
« Reply #852 on: January 13, 2018, 07:23:06 PM »
Realized we forgot to convert a bunch of foreign currency after vacations last year, converting the foreign currency to dollars, and making a $1400 student loan payment made my day today.
http://upwardlymobile.life/using-a-windfall-wisely-kill-debt/

Aelias

• Bristles
« Reply #853 on: January 15, 2018, 08:11:19 AM »
Hearing my two boys (5 and 2) playing nicely together downstairs without my direct supervision.

NinetyFour

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #854 on: January 15, 2018, 04:25:09 PM »
All the nice folks who posted in my journal today.  Made my week!!  :)

clarkai

• Stubble
« Reply #855 on: January 15, 2018, 04:45:37 PM »
My spouse doesn't usually like gardening, but he joined me today, and he enjoyed it!

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #856 on: January 17, 2018, 03:56:10 AM »
Great feedback from my boss (who is technically on leave and shouldn't be checking her email).

HappierAtHome

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #857 on: January 17, 2018, 04:07:39 AM »
Realized we forgot to convert a bunch of foreign currency after vacations last year, converting the foreign currency to dollars, and making a $1400 student loan payment made my day today.

Heads up: including your blog link like that comes across a bit spammy. Linking to your blog in your posts on this forum is one of those things where discretion is the better part of valour :-)

HappierAtHome

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #858 on: January 17, 2018, 04:09:31 AM »
Standing in front of a giant photo of our family, I pointed to me and the baby said "Mama!"; I pointed to my husband and he said "Dada!" :D :D :D he is clearly an amazing genius baby.

saving_dutchman

• Stubble
« Reply #859 on: January 17, 2018, 05:14:44 AM »
It's snowing here. I'm not done with winter just yet. :D

MrUpwardlyMobile

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #860 on: January 17, 2018, 05:45:09 AM »

Heads up: including your blog link like that comes across a bit spammy. Linking to your blog in your posts on this forum is one of those things where discretion is the better part of valour :-)

I’m not sure it comes across like that since I routinely post without links. It’s just entirely on point since that was what made my day on that day.  I wrote a super abbreviated version in the post. If someone wants to read more, they can. If not, it’s just as well.  Spam generally tends to be devoid of relevance.  In this case, it’s most certainly relevant.

Rural

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #861 on: January 17, 2018, 07:20:42 AM »

I’m not sure it comes across like that since I routinely post without links. It’s just entirely on point since that was what made my day on that day.  I wrote a super abbreviated version in the post. If someone wants to read more, they can. If not, it’s just as well.  Spam generally tends to be devoid of relevance.  In this case, it’s most certainly relevant.

It definitely comes across as spam. If you want to promote your blog, put it in your sig file.

MrUpwardlyMobile

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #862 on: January 17, 2018, 05:51:50 PM »

It definitely comes across as spam. If you want to promote your blog, put it in your sig file.
it’s not a promotion, it’s literally a direct post addressing the very topic of this thread.  It would make no sense to put something responsive to a single thread in my sig.

deborah

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #863 on: January 17, 2018, 05:57:26 PM »

it’s not a promotion, it’s literally a direct post addressing the very topic of this thread.  It would make no sense to put something responsive to a single thread in my sig.
Well, I'll make a third who says it comes across as spam, and is probably breaking forum rules.

MrUpwardlyMobile

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #864 on: January 17, 2018, 06:56:53 PM »

Well, I'll make a third who says it comes across as spam, and is probably breaking forum rules.
alright, you guys are clearly trolling me. I’m not going to engage this. Thanks. Bye.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 06:59:04 PM by MrUpwardlyMobile »

HappierAtHome

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #865 on: January 17, 2018, 08:50:35 PM »
After YEARS on this forum, I have just been called a troll for the very first time :-P that is what made my day today.

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #866 on: January 17, 2018, 10:16:19 PM »
After YEARS on this forum, I have just been called a troll for the very first time :-P that is what made my day today.

Now that's a milestone, @HappierAtHome. :D

Davnasty

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #867 on: January 17, 2018, 11:49:53 PM »

alright, you guys are clearly trolling me. I’m not going to engage this. Thanks. Bye.

https://forum.mrmoneymustache.com/forum-information-faqs/forum-rules/

5/21/14 Edit:
"Spam" in rule number 5 ("No spam.") includes linking to your own blog.  You may add a link to your blog in your signature, and it will show up under every post you make.  Please do not start a new thread just to link to a post you wrote.  If the content is good enough, others will do that for you.  If your blog post is relevant to another thread that is ongoing, feel free to add the link, but do not abuse this - if too many of your posts are direct links to your own content, that is spammy.  Enforcement will be at the moderators' sole discretion.  If you are not sure, please contact a moderator before posting.

Astatine

• Magnum Stache
  • Pronouns: they/them
« Reply #868 on: January 18, 2018, 12:28:09 AM »

Gold star for you HAH!

(I notice deborah and Rural were also accused of trolling. Which also made me giggle.)

HappierAtHome

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #869 on: January 18, 2018, 01:15:01 AM »

Gold star for you HAH!

(I notice deborah and Rural were also accused of trolling. Which also made me giggle.)

I could not ask for better company ;-)

Rural

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #870 on: January 18, 2018, 05:32:39 AM »

Gold star for you HAH!

I could not ask for better company ;-)

Heh. I think it's a first for me, too. Shame, I was going for five years on the forums without, and I seem to have missed it by a month. :)

Anon in Alaska

• Stubble
« Reply #871 on: January 18, 2018, 06:13:26 AM »
Flex time and a key to the office. Slept all day, got to work after 6 pm, went home early. (I will need to come in on Saturday to make up that time, but it's still worth it.) Did not have to speak to anyone, except for one phone call, could set the office temperature as I liked, and I worked efficiently in a quiet room.

JLee

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #872 on: January 18, 2018, 03:10:50 PM »
I walked into the kitchen to find that my roommate had left a birthday cake and a note for me (we work opposite schedules and I won't see her til Saturday). :)

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #873 on: January 18, 2018, 03:11:14 PM »
We got above freezing and lots of sunshine!

Astatine

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #874 on: January 19, 2018, 02:46:10 AM »
We (and by we, I mean DH) are feeding neighbour's cat while neighbour is away. Cat needs two meals per day because of twice daily medicine. Cat hadn't appeared to eaten last night's dinner when DH took around this morning's meal. Cat is elderly and we're in a heatwave, so we were quite worried about her.

We got home from work and saw kitty wandering around outside her house. Phew! The sense of relief made my day.

I walked into the kitchen to find that my roommate had left a birthday cake and a note for me (we work opposite schedules and I won't see her til Saturday). :)

Awww, that's really sweet :)

HappierAtHome

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #875 on: January 19, 2018, 05:49:48 AM »
Celebrating with Mr Happier that his request to work part-time has been approved (YAY SEMI-FIRE!!), and that as of this week our variable rate mortgage* is completely offset.

*It's an Australian thing.

Linea_Norway

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #876 on: January 20, 2018, 12:14:44 PM »
Seeing in total 7 mooses today.

Astatine

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #877 on: January 20, 2018, 03:26:01 PM »
Overnight temperature got down to 12C!! Free house cooling, tyvm. (we're in the middle of a yukky heatwave)

Seeing in total 7 mooses today.

Cool!

Linea_Norway

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #878 on: January 21, 2018, 12:34:04 PM »
Today's temperature -18C. That is very cold, but the sun was shining. Therefore we went cross country skiing in an easy trail in quiet tempo. What a beautiful day with gorgeous light it was. Skiing through snowy landscape with a low January sun is a very special thing.
Also 2 more mooses in  front of the window when we ate breakfast.
And a beautiful sunset when driving home.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 11:57:25 PM by Linda_Norway »

Rural

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #879 on: January 21, 2018, 01:28:05 PM »
Whereas here today it is 72f and I'm sitting on the porch in a sunbeam.

deborah

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #880 on: January 21, 2018, 01:36:03 PM »
And here it is +17C or 63F (7:30 am - expected top 38C) and I can bring in my washing, and water my garden while it is still cool!

Linea_Norway

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #881 on: January 21, 2018, 11:58:20 PM »
Today's temperature -18C. That is very cold, but the sun was shining. Therefore we went cross country skiing in an easy trail in quiet tempo. What a beautiful day with gorgeous light it was. Skiing through snowy landscape with a low January sun is a very special thing.
Also 2 more mooses in  front of the window when we ate breakfast.
And a beautiful sunset when driving home.

I added a picture in the attachment.

Trifle

• Walrus Stache
    • In The Garden
« Reply #882 on: January 22, 2018, 03:14:14 AM »
Your picture made MY day Linda! 

We moved south a couple of years ago, and I miss cross country skiing so much.

Astatine

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #883 on: January 22, 2018, 03:24:10 AM »
@Linda_Norway that's a beautiful photo!! (same, @Trifele ETA I mean the photo making my day, not the missing cross country skiing. I've never done cross country skiing :) )

dandypandys

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #884 on: January 27, 2018, 01:53:17 PM »
just did our taxes and enjoyed seing our rebate double as i entered our IRA vangard contributions :)

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #885 on: January 27, 2018, 04:16:57 PM »
I use Choice's CluckAR app to scan cartons to make sure I'm buying free-range eggs.

A woman stopped me this morning to ask what I was doing.

She was really friendly and curious, and I got to explain how it worked and why I was using it.

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #886 on: February 01, 2018, 03:09:22 AM »
A year ago tonight I landed myself in the emergency department and ended up being admitted for a week.

The hospital stay and weeks of recovery meant no running for a month. Even when I'd recovered, I was gun shy, too scared of running myself back into infections and fevers.

Eventually the niggle of not running outweighed the anxiety of something going wrong.

After holding my hand in hospital, @marty998 listened patiently to my concerns and then made me get back out there, for which I'm forever grateful.

I went for a run after work tonight. That made my day.

Astatine

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #887 on: February 01, 2018, 03:14:33 AM »
:) wow mpgh

Trifle

• Walrus Stache
    • In The Garden
« Reply #888 on: February 01, 2018, 03:58:41 AM »
Yesterday at work I was so busy I did not have time to eat my lunch.  I then found myself rushing off to a meeting that was scheduled to last from 1:00 to 5:00 (blargh).  I was resigned to being hungry all day, but when I got there a coworker of mine had gotten me a sandwich.   :)  I sat in the back row and surreptitiously ate it.  She made my day and then some. 

marty998

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #889 on: February 01, 2018, 04:21:16 AM »
A year ago tonight I landed myself in the emergency department and ended up being admitted for a week.

The hospital stay and weeks of recovery meant no running for a month. Even when I'd recovered, I was gun shy, too scared of running myself back into infections and fevers.

Eventually the niggle of not running outweighed the anxiety of something going wrong.

After holding my hand in hospital, @marty998 listened patiently to my concerns and then made me get back out there, for which I'm forever grateful.

I went for a run after work tonight. That made my day.

I remember that was a rough time for you. Happy to have helped ☺️

Cookie78

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #890 on: February 01, 2018, 12:12:58 PM »
I'm refinishing the top of my moms kitchen table while she is on vacation and it's turning out SO nice I grin every time I walk by. It looked TERRIBLE before and now I really wish I'd taken a before photo.

Linea_Norway

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #891 on: February 02, 2018, 03:41:11 AM »
I'm refinishing the top of my moms kitchen table while she is on vacation and it's turning out SO nice I grin every time I walk by. It looked TERRIBLE before and now I really wish I'd taken a before photo.

Nice of you to do that. She'll get a nice surprise.

We have also refinished to tops of 2 tables. At one we scraped away the badly applied paint and got the original colour back. Both look so much better now.

TheWifeHalf

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #892 on: February 02, 2018, 01:32:46 PM »
TheHusbandHalf called and said the place that I've been going to for years, is part of the vision insurance at work. We had just decided last night to switch to somewhere that took part.

deborah

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #893 on: February 06, 2018, 12:52:35 AM »
Yes, sitting on the deck watching sunrise today

kei te pai

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #894 on: February 06, 2018, 01:18:20 AM »
Our lovely (and pregnant) prime minister celebrating our national day at Waitangi. Sunshine, good humour and goodwill all round.

mahuhay

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #895 on: February 06, 2018, 01:28:42 AM »
Ka pai.   Spending our National Day swimming and then having a bbque of lamb (plus a few spuds and greens...) and a fine NZ Pinor Noir.

Linea_Norway

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #896 on: February 06, 2018, 01:28:56 AM »
The fact that our 17 year old Suzuki has passed the EU control without comments. I bought it 5 years ago. Since then it has cost us a tightening of the handbrake, the repair of one light and a minor fix of a leaking gearbox. Plus 2 oil changes that we did ourselves. That was all maintenance we've ever done. The car is only minimum insured. This is the cheapest car we ever owned.

Zaga

• Magnum Stache
    • A Wall of Hats
« Reply #897 on: February 08, 2018, 05:39:52 PM »
We adopted an older kitty 5 days ago, today when I got home he ran to greet me as soon as I came in the house, then napped on my lap for an hour.  He's such a sweet kitty!

jordanread

« Reply #898 on: February 08, 2018, 07:33:50 PM »
My hens started laying again! Finally.

Just Joe

• Walrus Stache
  • Teach me something.
« Reply #899 on: February 09, 2018, 08:32:33 AM »
Listening to our kids giggle and wrestle. Siblings that get along and are friends! My sibling and I did/do not.