Author Topic: What made your day?  (Read 263965 times)

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
Re: What made your day?
« Reply #500 on: August 22, 2016, 01:11:44 PM »
The temperature dropped to 13 this morning (55 F for people in the US, Bahamas, and Belize).  It was a very welcome change after several weeks of daytime temperatures in the 38 degree range (100 F - please join the rest of the world guys) with high humidity.

Papa Mustache

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #501 on: August 22, 2016, 02:38:55 PM »
The temps did the same here too. Made reporting for work very hard to do... Will power! (aka reality check!)

RetiredAt63

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #502 on: August 22, 2016, 02:40:50 PM »
The temperature dropped to 13 this morning (55 F for people in the US, Bahamas, and Belize).  It was a very welcome change after several weeks of daytime temperatures in the 38 degree range (100 F - please join the rest of the world guys) with high humidity.
So energizing - but it means winter is coming (well, we know winter is always coming, except when it is here).

G-dog

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #503 on: August 22, 2016, 03:59:32 PM »
So energizing - but it means winter is coming (well, we know winter is always coming, except when it is here).

Yeah, I love the cooler mornings, but it does mean the eventual loss of warm days. It was dark before 9pm last night! Horrors (I hate the short day lengths).

RetiredAt63

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #504 on: August 24, 2016, 09:08:04 AM »

Yeah, I love the cooler mornings, but it does mean the eventual loss of warm days. It was dark before 9pm last night! Horrors (I hate the short day lengths).

Yes.  I was driving home last night and realized it was dark, and the car clock said 8:55.  Those long cold winter nights are coming   :-(    Time to stock up on winter supplies (fleece for spinning, yarn for knitting, books, what else?).

G-dog

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #505 on: August 24, 2016, 09:43:55 AM »

Yes.  I was driving home last night and realized it was dark, and the car clock said 8:55.  Those long cold winter nights are coming   :-(    Time to stock up on winter supplies (fleece for spinning, yarn for knitting, books, what else?).
Popcorn, tea/coffee/cocoa/hot buttered rum, movies/Netflix, board games, candles, slippers, flannel sheets, puzzles....

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #506 on: August 24, 2016, 09:50:55 AM »

Popcorn, tea/coffee/cocoa/hot buttered rum, movies/Netflix, board games, candles, slippers, flannel sheets, puzzles....

A warmed bottle of sake and a good book, while reclining on your couch under a blanket with your dog on your lap and absentmindedly glancing at the snow falling out your window . . . is a great joy of winter.

RetiredAt63

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian

Squirrel away

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #509 on: August 24, 2016, 01:51:16 PM »

A warmed bottle of sake and a good book, while reclining on your couch under a blanket with your dog on your lap and absentmindedly glancing at the snow falling out your window . . . is a great joy of winter.

That sounds almost perfect.:) I've never tried sake.

Squirrel away

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #510 on: August 24, 2016, 01:52:27 PM »
I'm also looking forward to winter, it's the hottest day of the year so far today here I think!

1967mama

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #511 on: August 24, 2016, 01:59:03 PM »
Time by myself made my day. Love my husband and children to bits but WOW is it ever nice to be alone sometimes.

Freckles

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #512 on: August 27, 2016, 12:18:19 AM »
I wore a concert T-shirt to the dentist today.  It's the only concert T-shirt I have anymore as I sort of feel like that part of my life has passed (maybe not?) but it's my absolute favorite musician who I only got to see live for the first time a few months ago.  Anyway, the dentist's wife who was making my next appointment saw it and commented delightedly and told me she and Mr. dentist are big fans and we bonded over that because most people have never even heard of her. Meeting a fellow fan is rare and exciting and we started gabbing about songs and lyrics and how much we love her music and artistry and have for years and years and the newest album and tour and it was all just lovely.

mrpercentage

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #513 on: August 27, 2016, 12:26:25 AM »
I wore a concert T-shirt to the dentist today.  It's the only concert T-shirt I have anymore as I sort of feel like that part of my life has passed (maybe not?) but it's my absolute favorite musician who I only got to see live for the first time a few months ago.  Anyway, the dentist's wife who was making my next appointment saw it and commented delightedly and told me she and Mr. dentist are big fans and we bonded over that because most people have never even heard of her. Meeting a fellow fan is rare and exciting and we started gabbing about songs and lyrics and how much we love her music and artistry and have for years and years and the newest album and tour and it was all just lovely.

Nirvana I hope,,,

Freckles

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #514 on: August 29, 2016, 12:12:44 AM »
Nirvana has a new album??  :o

Heather Nova, actually.  But you never heard of her, right?  Because you're not my awesome dentist!  ;-)

marty998

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #515 on: August 29, 2016, 03:07:37 AM »
Spent time with a friend who I don't get to see as often as I would like.

Irishtache

• Stubble
« Reply #516 on: August 29, 2016, 03:20:08 AM »
Woke up 5 mins before the alarm this morning. Head a little sore from the extra bourbon I drank last night. Sun is shining, an uncommon start to the day here. Diary is light today. Back/leg (sciatica) is not too sore this a.m. so may be coming out of the latest bout and able to do some exercise to fend off reoccurrence. Only 26 days to our cruise! Life is good.

FLA

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #517 on: August 29, 2016, 10:40:16 AM »
the dogs, one of whom is fairly small, only 25 lbs, eating their entire large dental bones before I could finish putting away the package. They're sleeping it off now

horsepoor

• Magnum Stache
  • That old chestnut.
« Reply #518 on: August 29, 2016, 09:29:16 PM »
First day back in the saddle this morning after taking a fall and spraining my ankle about 10 days ago.  Also did a little workout and walked three miles this evening.  Rewarding myself with a glass of wine.  Nice to be back at it; I don't convalesce well.

marty998

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #519 on: August 30, 2016, 03:07:55 AM »
Gave a presentation at work on an aspect of the group financials that is oft' overlooked.

CFO was pleased, everyone learned something (including me).

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #520 on: August 30, 2016, 04:15:25 AM »
Gave a presentation at work on an aspect of the group financials that is oft' overlooked.

CFO was pleased, everyone learned something (including me).

Killing it!

Well done.

KMMK

• Handlebar Stache
    • Meena Kestirke Insurance
« Reply #521 on: August 30, 2016, 08:13:06 PM »
Satisfied the purchase conditions for our forever (I hope) home.

marty998

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #522 on: August 31, 2016, 05:01:54 AM »
Just saw the Paralympics ad in full (the UK Channel 4 "YES I CAN" one).

It is absolutely brilliant. Well done to the guys who came up with it.

Freckles

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #523 on: August 31, 2016, 09:32:54 PM »
I saw it yesterday at work.  It is inspiring!

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #524 on: September 01, 2016, 02:31:30 AM »
Got to work today and was asked to attend a conference. Today. (Thanks for the warning, guys, go team.)

I went, and caught up with a heap of work contacts who didn't know I was coming (ahem, nor did I). Anyway, lots of (genuine) "it's great to see you!" which always surprises me.

Also, a guy tapped me on the shoulder and called me by another girl's name. When I turned around he was mortified, and apologised. Wrong person. Later I was introduced to the girl he mistook me for. She's cute! :D

marty998

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #525 on: September 01, 2016, 03:19:57 AM »
I worked 11 hours straight today from 7:45am to 6:45pm, at my desk in front of a laptop & screens. Head down bum up crunching a lot of numbers.

Got through an enormous amount of work, felt like I genuinely achieved a few things.

I get paid well in comparison to the average punter. If it means working some longer than normal hours at times I don't mind.

(Posting here once a day.... part of a personal commitment to be grateful for something everyday).

HappierAtHome

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #526 on: September 01, 2016, 04:54:01 AM »
Tired out, can't be fucked cooking, and oh look! Past Happier made lasagne and left it in the freezer for me. Yay :-)

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #527 on: September 01, 2016, 06:28:53 AM »
I worked 11 hours straight today from 7:45am to 6:45pm, at my desk in front of a laptop & screens. Head down bum up crunching a lot of numbers.

This may be a cultural difference, but from my understanding of chairs . . . you were probably using yours wrong.  :P

jordanread

« Reply #528 on: September 01, 2016, 08:23:26 AM »

This may be a cultural difference, but from my understanding of chairs . . . you were probably using yours wrong.  :P

This comment made my day.

Lunasol

• Bristles
« Reply #529 on: September 01, 2016, 08:30:05 AM »

Heather Nova, actually.  But you never heard of her, right?  Because you're not my awesome dentist!  ;-)

I like "Like Lovers Do"! That's about as much as I know about her, but I follow her facebook page heh heh

I don't really have anything that great to post here, but I'm glad to read everyone's replies

Rogue

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #530 on: September 01, 2016, 09:36:02 AM »
This made my (yester)day - My boss messaged me to come to the conference room she's in; I'm going "I don't think I did anything wrong... [gasp!] maybe they've noticed how often I'm reading the MMM forums!"

Boss says, "Rogue, you're doing great work and want to let you know that I really appreciate it and I'm glad to have you on the team. Also, here's $1,500."

After taxes and 401k, I get a $541.50 check.  Fortunately, I don't need lower my 401k contribution as a result, so I narrowly avoided the Mustachian People Problems thread.

Freckles

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #531 on: September 01, 2016, 01:11:39 PM »

I like "Like Lovers Do"! That's about as much as I know about her, but I follow her facebook page heh heh

I don't really have anything that great to post here, but I'm glad to read everyone's replies

But *this* made my day!  I'm always so happy to meet anyone who has even heard of her!  So thank you!  :)  I was just listening to the album South yesterday, which is the one Like Lovers Do is on.  It's not her best album by a long shot, honestly, but you know.  Like pizza and sex, right?  ;)

marty998

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #532 on: September 02, 2016, 03:48:55 AM »
Last one out of the office tonight on a Friday. I raided the beer fridge and had one while sending off the last 3 or 4 emails for the day. The beer made my day, even if there wasn't anyone left to enjoy it with.

This comment made my day.

The guy who runs around with ergonomic risk assessment forms always has a go at me for this.

1967mama

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #533 on: September 02, 2016, 08:40:41 PM »
Son is going off to university tomorrow and we are moving him into the dorm. Bittersweet day today, spending time as a family.

HappierAtHome

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #534 on: September 02, 2016, 09:48:46 PM »
Husband did the grocery shopping and cleaned the house while I slept in.

marty998

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #535 on: September 03, 2016, 04:54:42 AM »
Swam 800m today without stopping. No gold medal - Katie Ledecky would have beaten me by 9 minutes but I finished :D

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #536 on: September 03, 2016, 05:45:29 AM »
Son is going off to university tomorrow and we are moving him into the dorm. Bittersweet day today, spending time as a family.

Look after yourself.

I still remember my dad telling me how Mum cried the whole drive home after they first moved me into my dorm room. That was 2005. And then I blinked.

marty998

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #537 on: September 04, 2016, 04:57:22 AM »

How did that go? Did you take the chance to embarrass him in front of all the cute girls there?? :P

Today was Father's day here in Oz. It made my day to see him happy and healthy. I washed both the parents cars and further cleaned out their garage as my gift.

They then asked why aren't I a father yet...

HappierAtHome

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #538 on: September 04, 2016, 05:16:32 AM »
Wonderful afternoon with my Dad (as Marty pointed out: it is his day!) and siblings, nieces and nephews. Lots of laughter, dodgy jokes, too much food, and hugs.

marty998

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #539 on: September 04, 2016, 05:22:32 AM »
Wonderful afternoon with my Dad (as Marty pointed out: it is his day!) and siblings, nieces and nephews. Lots of laughter, dodgy jokes, too much food, and hugs.

My dad never made "dad jokes"... but my boss makes them all the time. Drives me nuts because whenever he is away I have to fill in and insert one into the weekly team update   :D

Lunasol

• Bristles
« Reply #540 on: September 05, 2016, 04:16:41 PM »

But *this* made my day!  I'm always so happy to meet anyone who has even heard of her!  So thank you!  :)  I was just listening to the album South yesterday, which is the one Like Lovers Do is on.  It's not her best album by a long shot, honestly, but you know.  Like pizza and sex, right?  ;)
Yay! I'm glad my reply became a positive thing for you! :)

MoneyCat

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #541 on: September 05, 2016, 04:47:20 PM »
I read a book and watched a movie on TV because I had the day off due to the holiday. Made me feel fancy.

HappierAtHome

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #542 on: September 06, 2016, 06:28:50 AM »
Friend called (okay, texted) in her hour of need - her car had been towed - and I was able to rescue her AND bring her a bag of chips. Pretty sure if your car breaks down and gets towed, you need chips.

choppingwood

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #543 on: September 07, 2016, 11:09:16 AM »
Friend called (okay, texted) in her hour of need - her car had been towed - and I was able to rescue her AND bring her a bag of chips. Pretty sure if your car breaks down and gets towed, you need chips.

You're a good friend, especially if you know about the chips.

NinetyFour

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #544 on: September 07, 2016, 12:33:33 PM »
That lhamo and Exhale dropped everything and helped out Sailor Scooter--in real life!!  How awesome is that!!??  :)  :)

jordanread

« Reply #545 on: September 07, 2016, 01:57:23 PM »
That lhamo and Exhale dropped everything and helped out Sailor Scooter--in real life!!  How awesome is that!!??  :)  :)

Fucking awesome. Us imaginary folks are awesome!!

G-dog

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #546 on: September 07, 2016, 02:01:10 PM »

I was thinking this belonged here too - also a "who made your day". Kindness, compassion, generosity - such good people.
Good to see you had already posted it!

NinetyFour

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #547 on: September 07, 2016, 03:45:10 PM »

Fucking awesome. Us imaginary folks are awesome!!

:)

NinetyFour

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #548 on: September 07, 2016, 03:47:02 PM »

I was thinking this belonged here too - also a "who made your day". Kindness, compassion, generosity - such good people.

Our great minds think alike.  :)

G-dog

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #549 on: September 07, 2016, 03:56:05 PM »

Our great minds think alike.  :)

Greater minds think faster and act on it!