Author Topic: What are you EATING right now?  (Read 534639 times)

HappierAtHome

• Walrus Stache
Re: What are you EATING right now?
« Reply #800 on: January 19, 2015, 08:33:28 PM »
Roast eggplant, zucchini and carrot, with tofu baked in the oven with garam masala sprinkled on it. Tofu tastes really good if you bake it so it goes all crispy at the edges, and use some seasoning including plenty of salt.

horsepoor

• Magnum Stache
  • That old chestnut.
« Reply #801 on: January 19, 2015, 08:50:47 PM »
Dinner was roast chicken with carrots and beets under the chicken,and a giant pan of braised kale.

Doing Whole30 but wanted something dessert-like, so whirled up a frozen banana, some pineapple chunks, vanilla and coconut milk in the blender to make sort of a tropical sorbet, and topped it with macadamia nuts and a little maple syrup (small cheat). 

grantmeaname

• CM*MW 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
  • Cast me away from yesterday's things
« Reply #802 on: January 19, 2015, 10:24:04 PM »
I had take-out style tofu and fried rice for lunch and then rice and beans for dinner. I've been pretty vegetarianish lately which is good. But I got a beef craving and had a cheeseburger tonight. What can you do?

1967mama

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #803 on: January 19, 2015, 11:59:56 PM »
Made taco salads for dinner. In laws came for a meal and had never had these before but loved them :-) I made TONS of food, hoping for leftovers tomorrow for lunch for myself and the kids but there was NOTHING left.

GardenFun

• Bristles
« Reply #804 on: January 20, 2015, 07:54:34 AM »
Roast eggplant, zucchini and carrot, with tofu baked in the oven with garam masala sprinkled on it. Tofu tastes really good if you bake it so it goes all crispy at the edges, and use some seasoning including plenty of salt.

This sounds really interesting.  How long do you bake it and at what temp?

Fodder

• Stubble
« Reply #805 on: January 20, 2015, 09:38:50 AM »
I had avocado on toast for breakfast.

Lunch is a sandwich with leftover turkey (roasted on Sunday), cheddar, vegetables and dijon mustard.

Dinner is turkey fried rice.

Snacks today - strawberries, chopped peppers and cucumbers, mini babybel cheese and an instant miso soup.

HappierAtHome

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #806 on: January 20, 2015, 03:43:06 PM »

About half an hour at 180 Celsius. Depending on how small you slice it.

1967mama

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #807 on: January 20, 2015, 11:11:06 PM »
I made a recipe from a real estate flyer today! hahahah! It was a Salmon Potato Broccoli Gratin. It was really good!

Astatine

• Magnum Stache
  • Pronouns: they/them
« Reply #808 on: January 21, 2015, 04:03:17 AM »
Baked zucchini & sour cream frittata for dinner. I'll have the leftovers for lunch tomorrow and Friday at work. Trying to eat a bit less carbs during the day. The sour cream was an aberration - impulse buy from Aldi. It was actually a few days past its use by (been sitting in the fridge for a month), so I put a third in the fritatta and experimented freezing the rest in 2 batches. If we use it in a stew or quiche or the like, any weirdness from freezing should be well disguised.

About half an hour at 180 Celsius. Depending on how small you slice it.

Oooh. That had never occurred to me. If we both like roast tofu, I forsee that being a frequent replacement for haloumi in our quick and tasty roast haloumi, eggplant and red capsicum meal (we have that for dinner at least once a fortnight if not weekly).

HappierAtHome

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #809 on: January 26, 2015, 06:47:19 PM »
Homemade moussaka for lunch today :D

1967mama

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #810 on: January 26, 2015, 11:29:14 PM »
Cross-rib roast done in the crockpot, homemade buns, beef broth (beef dip) and coleslaw on the side.

Zaga

• Magnum Stache
    • A Wall of Hats
« Reply #811 on: January 27, 2015, 07:47:33 AM »
Someone gave me a small can of pate.  Anyone have any good ideas?  I've never even tasted pate and have no idea what to use it for!

Adventine

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #812 on: January 27, 2015, 08:53:23 AM »
Someone gave me a small can of pate.  Anyone have any good ideas?  I've never even tasted pate and have no idea what to use it for!

Pate as in liver spread? Great on crusty toasted bread, with cream cheese and sliced black olives.

Zaga

• Magnum Stache
    • A Wall of Hats
« Reply #813 on: January 27, 2015, 02:31:01 PM »

Pate as in liver spread? Great on crusty toasted bread, with cream cheese and sliced black olives.
Is that what it is?  Huh, didn't know.

Do you think it would be good without the cream cheese?  I'm allergic to all dairy.

Adventine

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #814 on: January 27, 2015, 09:43:34 PM »

Do you think it would be good without the cream cheese?  I'm allergic to all dairy.
If it's a mushy beige spread, yup, it is. Yeah, doesn't necessarily need cream cheese.

grantmeaname

• CM*MW 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #815 on: January 28, 2015, 10:03:13 AM »
Slimp flied lice!

Daisy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #816 on: January 28, 2015, 07:21:59 PM »
Thanksgiving in January. Yep, pulled that leftover turkey out of the freezer for a delicious meal.

I'm a red panda

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #817 on: January 29, 2015, 06:53:38 AM »
Just plain hard boiled eggs.  Super easy to eat on the go!

Adventine

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #818 on: January 29, 2015, 07:28:26 AM »
Slimp flied lice!

Grant, for a second I thought you were talking about actual bugs. My Chinese blood has failed me.

grantmeaname

• CM*MW 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #819 on: January 29, 2015, 07:50:08 AM »
Grant, for a second I thought you were talking about actual bugs. My Chinese blood has failed me.
Hah, I don't know why I started saying that or where it came from - maybe South Park or something similar.

I'm back in my once-a-year oatmeal eating phase. It's not too boring with brown sugar, pecans, and coconut. Give it a week and I'll be sick of it.

By the way, Alton Brown's granola is the tops.

Robert85

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #820 on: January 29, 2015, 08:01:35 AM »
The tastiest pizza in the world

boy_bye

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #821 on: January 29, 2015, 08:28:09 AM »
leftover skin from half a potato. put some bacon and cheese on it and baked for a bit. very nice breakfast!

Adventine

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #822 on: January 29, 2015, 12:15:09 PM »
Hah, I don't know why I started saying that or where it came from - maybe South Park or something similar.

I'm back in my once-a-year oatmeal eating phase. It's not too boring with brown sugar, pecans, and coconut. Give it a week and I'll be sick of it.

By the way, Alton Brown's granola is the tops.
I'll have to try those recipes! I've been trying to eat oatmeal/granola more often, but for some reason I get really, really hangry when I do. It's like my brain refuses to accept that the stuff is supposed to be a meal.

10dollarsatatime

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #823 on: January 29, 2015, 12:45:24 PM »
Homemade whole wheat sourdough schmeared with goat cheese and homemade ginger pear jelly.

Zaga

• Magnum Stache
    • A Wall of Hats
« Reply #824 on: January 29, 2015, 02:02:04 PM »

If it's a mushy beige spread, yup, it is. Yeah, doesn't necessarily need cream cheese.
And now I'm sad.  I spent some time with google translate on the ingredients on the can, and it contains milk!  Boo!

Well I'll serve it like you suggested on crackers with olives and cream cheese to my guests next month on game night.

4alpacas

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #825 on: January 29, 2015, 02:20:06 PM »

Adventine

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #826 on: January 29, 2015, 10:23:47 PM »

And now I'm sad.  I spent some time with google translate on the ingredients on the can, and it contains milk!  Boo!

Well I'll serve it like you suggested on crackers with olives and cream cheese to my guests next month on game night.
Awww!

Adventine

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #827 on: January 29, 2015, 10:24:02 PM »

Awww!

grantmeaname

• CM*MW 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #828 on: February 02, 2015, 07:50:55 PM »
We're having falafel tonight. GF Pita, Alton Brown's mind-blowing hummus, and falafel. Excited to see how it all turns out!

Everything turned out phenomenally except the pita was really thick. I'll definitely be making this again. For fixings I've got yogurt, hummus, tomatoes, onions, feta, chili sauce and pickles.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 07:54:04 PM by grantmeaname »

Zaga

• Magnum Stache
    • A Wall of Hats
« Reply #829 on: February 03, 2015, 06:27:11 AM »
Not food specifically, but I just have to cheer about my kitchen.  I have an oven - in my kitchen again!  It's been so long!  For the past 8 years I've been using an oven in the basement, I'm feeling so spoiled today to be able to put my bread in the oven without running to the basement 3 times.

grantmeaname

• CM*MW 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #830 on: February 03, 2015, 12:43:37 PM »
That's a huge improvement.

Zaga

• Magnum Stache
    • A Wall of Hats
« Reply #831 on: February 03, 2015, 02:04:02 PM »
I guess I hedonically adapted to using the basement oven.  But this is so much better!  It's still not a full sized oven, but it will handle up to 2 12" pizzas or 2 loaves of bread at once.  That's good enough for 90% or more of my baking!

SingleMomDebt

« Reply #832 on: February 12, 2015, 09:56:49 PM »
Beef smoked sausage (half moons), pan roasted broccoli and tri color bell peppers slices, and onion all cooked in the cast iron pan; par-boiled yukon gold potatoes, diced and fried; add to a big bowl and top with one egg perfectly cooked over medium. Mmmm... yummy.

Worsted Skeins

• Bristles
« Reply #833 on: February 13, 2015, 06:22:53 AM »
Not eating but prepping....butternut squash chunks, shallots, ginger roasting in the oven to be made into soup for dinner tonight.  But get this--those chunks are roasting in goose fat!  Last Sunday we cooked a goose on the rotisserie unit of our outdoor grill, rendering several cups of fat in the process to be used for purposes like the one described above. 

KD

• Stubble
  • "Waste is a resource out of place."-Coors Mfg.
« Reply #834 on: February 13, 2015, 06:57:16 AM »
Bacon and eggs fried in butter with a cup of joe that's stevia sweetened & has a big dollop of real whipped cream on top...lusciously good eats!  Nom nom nom...wiping cream mustache up & licks fingers!!  Wish you were here...um, if you are stopping by bring your own bacon!!!

Adventine

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #835 on: February 13, 2015, 07:14:21 AM »
Not eating but prepping....butternut squash chunks, shallots, ginger roasting in the oven to be made into soup for dinner tonight.  But get this--those chunks are roasting in goose fat!  Last Sunday we cooked a goose on the rotisserie unit of our outdoor grill, rendering several cups of fat in the process to be used for purposes like the one described above.

GOOSE FAT

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #836 on: February 13, 2015, 08:15:09 AM »
The goose fat sounds amazing. Fries in duck fat are the best thing I've ever made, so I can imagine goose is great. Domestic or wild? Very different tastes.

I'm starting my day with my usual- sausage and a fried egg.

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #837 on: February 13, 2015, 10:20:00 AM »

Worsted Skeins

• Bristles
« Reply #838 on: February 13, 2015, 01:19:20 PM »
The goose fat sounds amazing. Fries in duck fat are the best thing I've ever made, so I can imagine goose is great. Domestic or wild? Very different tastes.

I'm starting my day with my usual- sausage and a fried egg.

Domestic goose.  In Mustachian fashion, I bought a frozen goose for half price after the Christmas holidays. 

I have a feeling that we may have a new post-holiday tradition.

grantmeaname

• CM*MW 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #839 on: February 15, 2015, 09:59:46 PM »

Great film, or greatest film?

PatStab

• Stubble
« Reply #840 on: February 16, 2015, 11:12:25 AM »
I had oatmeal for breakfast, hubby had corn flakes and banana, DD had a home made egg McMuffin.

Right now I'm cooking black beans and sausage, never made it before.  Use red beans most of the time.

Then cooking rice and fried potatoes so we can choose which one.

Need to look and see if I have dough for a blue berry or blackberry cobbler for hubby.

1967mama

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #841 on: February 16, 2015, 11:58:09 AM »
Oatmeal with yogurt, ground flax and chia seeds. Mug of tea with stevia and milk.

PatStab

• Stubble
« Reply #842 on: February 17, 2015, 07:41:57 AM »
I had a can of grapefruit in its own juice.  Now its almost 10 and I'm having a diet soda.

getgoing

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #843 on: February 22, 2015, 11:57:57 AM »
A trial version of red velvet oatmeal. Surprisingly good, but not chocolaty enough.

1967mama

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #844 on: February 22, 2015, 08:13:12 PM »
Blueberry muffins that my daughter made. Trying to use up frozen berries from the farm last summer.

Dmoneyzzz

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
  • Life's either a daring adventure or nothing at all
« Reply #845 on: February 28, 2015, 07:49:18 PM »
Hopefully I will be chilling with some family members and eating some barbecue in a bit.  I am extremely excited because I can eat and read the forum.

Ready2Go

• Stubble
« Reply #846 on: February 28, 2015, 07:58:54 PM »
Just made a swiss roll filled with lemon curd.  Still a bit warm, topped with ice cream and whipped cream.  Decadence.

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #847 on: February 28, 2015, 08:12:38 PM »
Sunflower seeds, my favorite very cheap salty snack.

SingleMomDebt

« Reply #848 on: February 28, 2015, 09:10:29 PM »
Jalapeno-Cheddar cornbread, raw kale salad dressed with avocado and topped w/ toasted pinenuts & cranberries. Greek olives, good cheese, homemade pinto beans and a chili - enchilada casserole. Homemade tortillas. It's a potluck. Red wine. Oh my. So good. Carrot Cake with pineapple - cream cheese frosting. Mmmm

Jon_Snow

• Magnum Stache
  • I am no man’s chair.
« Reply #849 on: February 28, 2015, 09:20:18 PM »
Jalapeno-Cheddar cornbread, raw kale salad dressed with avocado and topped w/ toasted pinenuts & cranberries. Greek olives, good cheese, homemade pinto beans and a chili - enchilada casserole. Homemade tortillas. It's a potluck. Red wine. Oh my. So good. Carrot Cake with pineapple - cream cheese frosting. Mmmm

*DROOLS*