Author Topic: What are the realistic impacts of a Trump presidency?  (Read 497924 times)

MrMonkeyMoustache

• Stubble
Re: What are the realistic impacts of a Trump presidency?
« Reply #3000 on: April 20, 2017, 08:14:56 PM »
It's not just the accusations by several women, it's also his own words of how he will just sexually assault a woman when he feels like it, because he can get away with it.  So Trump's message: if you can get away with it, go for it.
That's not what he said at all, and you know it. He wasn't saying he sexually assaults anyone, he was saying that gold digging women let rich guys do anything they want. And they do. They LET them.

MrMonkeyMoustache

• Stubble
« Reply #3001 on: April 20, 2017, 08:16:09 PM »

I wouldn't go so far as to call Trump a rapist, but his sexual improprieties have been extensively documented, not just by the lewd comments on the 'hot-mic' Hollywood Access video, but on air with Howard Stern, covered in the tabloids during his last two divorces, and on the set of The Apprentice.
So why dispute the point if you're not calling him a rapist? Many ARE calling him a rapist and predator, when he's not.

The point is that he's setting a terrible role model.   Now everyone sees that it's ok to sexually harass women because you can do this and still be the POTUS.
Trump didn't sexually harass anyone. He made a comment about golddiggers.

Oh that's a relief that you know that, I thought all these women claimed he harassed them.
Anyone can make a claim. Where's the evident? Guess that whole innocent until proven guilty thing doesn't apply to Trump?

Innocent until proven guilty applies to the justice system, not to public opinion. You yourself have specifically claimed that "Trump didn't sexually harass anyone."  That is highly suspect.

http://www.npr.org/2016/10/13/497799354/a-list-of-donald-trumps-accusers-of-inappropriate-sexual-conduct
Again, accusations don't mean anything at all. Obviously courts don't deal with public opinion, but saying or even implying someone is a sexual predator with ZERO evidence is ridiculous.

What if I and four others accuse you of sexual harassment right now? Would it be okay for all of America to then  hold that over your head?

It's just pretty ridiculous to use accusations as a point against Trump. Accusations are not proof.

It is equally ridiculous to dismiss a pattern of accusations because the alleged offender denies them. Are you aware that Trump has had multiple lawsuits claiming assault and/or sexual harassment beginning more than 20 years ago?
So as long as multiple people accuse you, it suddenly means it's somehow more valid?

Lagom

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3002 on: April 20, 2017, 08:16:51 PM »
It's not just the accusations by several women, it's also his own words of how he will just sexually assault a woman when he feels like it, because he can get away with it.  So Trump's message: if you can get away with it, go for it.
That's not what he said at all, and you know it. He wasn't saying he sexually assaults anyone, he was saying that gold digging women let rich guys do anything they want. And they do. They LET them.

Wow. Just wow. Let me guess, you're a MRA?

MrMonkeyMoustache

• Stubble
« Reply #3003 on: April 20, 2017, 08:19:52 PM »
Or...I simply listened to what he said. If you think he was saying that he'd touch women against their will, we listened to two very different tapes. What specifically did he say that makes you think he did so without consent?

Wow. Just wow. Let me guess, you're a MRA?

JLee

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3004 on: April 20, 2017, 08:21:36 PM »

I wouldn't go so far as to call Trump a rapist, but his sexual improprieties have been extensively documented, not just by the lewd comments on the 'hot-mic' Hollywood Access video, but on air with Howard Stern, covered in the tabloids during his last two divorces, and on the set of The Apprentice.
So why dispute the point if you're not calling him a rapist? Many ARE calling him a rapist and predator, when he's not.

The point is that he's setting a terrible role model.   Now everyone sees that it's ok to sexually harass women because you can do this and still be the POTUS.

Oh that's a relief that you know that, I thought all these women claimed he harassed them.
Anyone can make a claim. Where's the evident? Guess that whole innocent until proven guilty thing doesn't apply to Trump?

Innocent until proven guilty applies to the justice system, not to public opinion. You yourself have specifically claimed that "Trump didn't sexually harass anyone."  That is highly suspect.

http://www.npr.org/2016/10/13/497799354/a-list-of-donald-trumps-accusers-of-inappropriate-sexual-conduct
Again, accusations don't mean anything at all. Obviously courts don't deal with public opinion, but saying or even implying someone is a sexual predator with ZERO evidence is ridiculous.

What if I and four others accuse you of sexual harassment right now? Would it be okay for all of America to then  hold that over your head?

It's just pretty ridiculous to use accusations as a point against Trump. Accusations are not proof.

It is equally ridiculous to dismiss a pattern of accusations because the alleged offender denies them. Are you aware that Trump has had multiple lawsuits claiming assault and/or sexual harassment beginning more than 20 years ago?
So as long as multiple people accuse you, it suddenly means it's somehow more valid?

Are you claiming that there has been a pattern of people working together for the last 28 years in an attempt to falsely discredit Donald Trump?

MrMonkeyMoustache

• Stubble
« Reply #3005 on: April 20, 2017, 08:25:04 PM »

Are you claiming that there has been a pattern of people working together for the last 28 years in an attempt to falsely discredit Donald Trump?
No, I'm saying that regardless of how many accusers there are, he hasn't been found guilty of anything. So holding it over his head is ridiculous at best.

JLee

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3006 on: April 20, 2017, 08:26:01 PM »

No, I'm saying that regardless of how many accusers there are, he hasn't been found guilty of anything. So holding it over his head is ridiculous at best.

He hasn't been criminally charged, so it's impossible for him to have been found guilty OR INNOCENT.

Wrap your head around that one.

MrMonkeyMoustache

• Stubble
« Reply #3007 on: April 20, 2017, 08:28:30 PM »

He hasn't been criminally charged, so it's impossible for him to have been found guilty OR INNOCENT.

I'm not even sure what to say about that. Are you kidding me? Again, innocent until proven guilty. You sexually assaulted me. You haven't been found innocent yet, therefore you're guilty.

JLee

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3008 on: April 20, 2017, 08:31:44 PM »

I'm not even sure what to say about that. Are you kidding me? Again, innocent until proven guilty. You sexually assaulted me. You haven't been found innocent yet, therefore you're guilty.

I already explained how the presumption of innocence works in a criminal trial.  This does not mean that someone IS innocent.  Look it up.

MrMonkeyMoustache

• Stubble
« Reply #3009 on: April 20, 2017, 08:35:11 PM »

I already explained how the presumption of innocence works in a criminal trial.  This does not mean that someone IS innocent.  Look it up.
Well duh. No one said it was proven he was innocent. But holding against him unsubstantiated claims is stupid. Much like how it's stupid to bring up the Clinton accusations.

JLee

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3010 on: April 20, 2017, 08:38:41 PM »

Well duh. No one said it was proven he was innocent. But holding against him unsubstantiated claims is stupid. Much like how it's stupid to bring up the Clinton accusations.
Quote from: MrMonkeyMoustache
Trump didn't sexually harass anyone.

MrMonkeyMoustache

• Stubble
« Reply #3011 on: April 20, 2017, 08:44:54 PM »

Quote from: MrMonkeyMoustache
Trump didn't sexually harass anyone.
[bquote] I never said it was proven that he was innocent, but generally, people are considered innocent until proven otherwise. So as of now, he should be considered innocent. Obviously not proven, but it doesn't need to be.

JLee

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3012 on: April 20, 2017, 08:45:51 PM »
You're claiming that your words mean something other than what they specifically say.

This explains a lot - thanks for the clarification!

MrMonkeyMoustache

• Stubble
« Reply #3013 on: April 20, 2017, 08:59:19 PM »
You're claiming that your words mean something other than what they specifically say.

Or, I realize that it's literally impossible to prove a negative. You know that, right?

former player

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3014 on: April 21, 2017, 01:33:41 AM »

Or, I realize that it's literally impossible to prove a negative. You know that, right?
Oh please, scientists and courts of law prove negatives all the time.

MasterStache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3015 on: April 21, 2017, 05:33:09 AM »

Of course it's not impossible. You sentence itself is a negative and thus, by your own logic, not provable.

You are doing a fantastic job trolling. 

Unique User

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3016 on: April 21, 2017, 05:51:01 AM »

Of course it's not impossible. You sentence itself is a negative and thus, by your own logic, not provable.

Troll, or could be he actually believes the nonsense.  Trump has settled sexual harassment lawsuits, fraud lawsuits and discrimination lawsuits, but of course he isn't guilty of anything, it's a liberal hit job.  He's associated with mobsters, took dirty money in Azerbaijan, Tampa, NY, etc, but of course he is squeaky clean because he denies any wrongdoing.  He lied on his FEC filings, but of course he is transparent and as for his tax returns, nothing to see here people, just move on.  It's amazing to me the lengths people will go to defend the indefensible.  I can't wait to see how the Trumpsters will spin Exxon asking for a sanctions waiver to work with Rosneft. 

cerat0n1a

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3017 on: April 21, 2017, 06:45:24 AM »
Good to see that the US has finally seen the error of its ways and opted for a royal family. The "first daughter" will make an "official" visit to Germany.

MrMonkeyMoustache

• Stubble
« Reply #3018 on: April 21, 2017, 06:48:23 AM »

Troll, or could be he actually believes the nonsense.  Trump has settled sexual harassment lawsuits, fraud lawsuits and discrimination lawsuits, but of course he isn't guilty of anything, it's a liberal hit job.  He's associated with mobsters, took dirty money in Azerbaijan, Tampa, NY, etc, but of course he is squeaky clean because he denies any wrongdoing.  He lied on his FEC filings, but of course he is transparent and as for his tax returns, nothing to see here people, just move on.  It's amazing to me the lengths people will go to defend the indefensible.  I can't wait to see how the Trumpsters will spin Exxon asking for a sanctions waiver to work with Rosneft.
Oh, after the tax return comment, I see what's going on here now. Even when there's not a single shred of evidence of any wrongdoing, you still hold it against Trump. What about his tax returns?

GilbertB

• Stubble
    • Sci-fi Meandering
« Reply #3019 on: April 21, 2017, 06:49:55 AM »
Good to see that the US has finally seen the error of its ways and opted for a royal family. The "first daughter" will make an "official" visit to Germany.
A Royal Family of German stock, as in any proper Royal Familly.

MasterStache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3020 on: April 21, 2017, 06:54:42 AM »

Troll, or could be he actually believes the nonsense.

I don't think the two are mutually exclusive ( :

FrugalToque

• Global Moderator
  • Pencil Stache
« Reply #3021 on: April 21, 2017, 07:16:37 AM »
Well, this is all pretty irritating.  You guys going at it like this and I get the moderation requests.

Look
a) It is possible to prove a negative:
You: "I accuse you of punching me in the face on May 25, 1965."
Me:  "Here's my birth certificate.  I was born in 1976."

b) Courts of law do not prove negatives.  They only find you "not guilty".  In some countries, there are also verdicts like "not proven"
"Actual innocence" is a different thing you can read about here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Actual_innocence

Donald Trump is a special case, not just because he's president, but because he literally bragged about his ability to sexual assault women and get away with it, then declared that he'd never really done that ... and then women came forward to say, "Yeah, that's basically exactly what he did to me."  It's like having a confession, but one not specific to each individual criminal accusation.

Now, if the bunch of you aren't going to stop all this trolling, name-calling and assorted bullshit, I'm going to can the whole lot of you.

Toque.

MrMonkeyMoustache

• Stubble
« Reply #3022 on: April 21, 2017, 07:22:51 AM »
Well, this is all pretty irritating.  You guys going at it like this and I get the moderation requests.

Look

b) Courts of law do not prove negatives.  They only find you "not guilty".  In some countries, there are also verdicts like "not proven"
"Actual innocence" is a different thing you can read about here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Actual_innocence

Donald Trump is a special case, not just because he's president, but because he literally bragged about his ability to sexual assault women and get away with it, then declared that he'd never really done that ... and then women came forward to say, "Yeah, that's basically exactly what he did to me."  It's like having a confession, but one not specific to each individual criminal accusation.

Now, if the bunch of you aren't going to stop all this trolling, name-calling and assorted bullshit, I'm going to can the whole lot of you.

Toque.
I'm not trolling. For what it's worth, despite many being spewed towards me, I have yet to name call a single time on this website.

Anyways, his comments didn't describe sexual assault, it described women LETTING him do it. He literally said, "they let you do it." A far-cry from sexual assault, and clearly implying consent.

With that being said, I think everyone here, myself included, would at least appreciate if people would cut down the quotes on quotes on quotes. Getting hard to track, and makes the page longer.

FrugalToque

• Global Moderator
  • Pencil Stache
« Reply #3023 on: April 21, 2017, 07:45:08 AM »

Look

Toque.
I'm not trolling. For what it's worth, despite many being spewed towards me, I have yet to name call a single time on this website.

Anyways, his comments didn't describe sexual assault, it described women LETTING him do it. He literally said, "they let you do it." A far-cry from sexual assault, and clearly implying consent.

"I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. 
And when you’re a star they let you do it. You can do anything…
Grab them by the pussy. You can do anything."

This does not describe a consensual situation.  At best, it's consent obtained after the fact, which is not a thing.  It's just sexual assault - but with the victim too scared to do anything about it.  If someone goes through his life behaving this way, he's an asshole and he belongs in jail.

You won't do well defending such a person.

Toque.

MrMonkeyMoustache

• Stubble
« Reply #3024 on: April 21, 2017, 07:51:35 AM »

Look

Toque.

This does not describe a consensual situation.  At best, it's consent obtained after the fact, which is not a thing.  It's just sexual assault - but with the victim too scared to do anything about it.  If someone goes through his life behaving this way, he's an asshole and he belongs in jail.

Toque.

Well, to be completely honest, with things like these, we see his words very differently. If we can't agree on what was even said, we'll never be able to agree on premises drawn from that.

Regarding not asking, plenty of people don't ask. When I have sex with my girlfriend, I don't ask, I just do it. Trump is saying that women are letting him, not because they're scared, but because he's rich. He's essentially saying that some women are gold diggers, which I think is pretty accurate.

FrugalToque

• Global Moderator
  • Pencil Stache
« Reply #3025 on: April 21, 2017, 07:58:37 AM »

Toque.

Well, to be completely honest, with things like these, we see his words very differently. If we can't agree on what was even said, we'll never be able to agree on premises drawn from that.

Regarding not asking, plenty of people don't ask. When I have sex with my girlfriend, I don't ask, I just do it. Trump is saying that women are letting him, not because they're scared, but because he's rich. He's essentially saying that some women are gold diggers, which I think is pretty accurate.

We don't see his words differently.  I see the words he's using, and you're pretending he said something else.
He is describing kissing and groping women he does not know, on a regular basis, without permission, or any other indications that his touch might be welcome or invited.
At best, it's sexual assault with permission after the fact.
At worst, he's saying he can get away with what he knows is wrong because he's famous and powerful.

There's nothing else there.  He said he gropes strange women and believes that either "they" (the women) or "they" (courts) will let him get away with it.

Don't bother trying to defend sexual assault any further.

Toque.

MrMonkeyMoustache

• Stubble
« Reply #3026 on: April 21, 2017, 08:01:29 AM »

Toque.

We don't see his words differently.  I see the words he's using, and you're pretending he said something else.
He is describing kissing and groping women he does not know, on a regular basis, without permission, or any other indications that his touch might be welcome or invited.
At worst, he's saying he can get away with what he knows is wrong because he's famous and powerful.

There's nothing else there.  He said he gropes strange women and believes that either "they" (the women) or "they" (courts) will let him get away with it.

Toque.
When did he say he touches women without permission? If I go in for a kiss, and a woman happily let's me, I didn't ask for permission, but I certainly received it.

Gin1984

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3027 on: April 21, 2017, 08:04:58 AM »

Toque.

Toque.
When did he say he touches women without permission? If I go in for a kiss, and a woman happily let's me, I didn't ask for permission, but I certainly received it.
You are adding in a word he did not.  Happily.  And women (and men for that matter) have been known to freeze when assaulted.  Letting because you did not stop them, is not consent. 

MrMonkeyMoustache

• Stubble
« Reply #3028 on: April 21, 2017, 08:09:11 AM »

Toque.

Toque.
You are adding in a word he did not.  Happily.  And women (and men for that matter) have been known to freeze when assaulted.  Letting because you did not stop them, is not consent.
I wasn't directly quoting him, I was using my own example where permission wasn't verbally given, but clearly consent was there.

And are you not doing the same, by saying that these women were not consenting? How can you say that? Especially when he's not even talking about any specific situation.

People are getting on his case as well about the pussy grabbing comments. But which actual women did he do that to? And when did he ever suggest that it was meant to be taken as against their consent?

Sure, there's no way right now for me to prove he didn't mean without consent. But the opposite is also true.

Kris

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3029 on: April 21, 2017, 08:11:53 AM »

Toque.

Toque.

Agreed. I have been accosted before by a man who has pulled me in and kissed me before I had time to react. Or in Trump's terms, they "just kiss. They don't even wait."

I can assure you, I did NOT give my consent. And frankly, they deserved a good kick in the balls, which I was too shocked to give, unfortunately.

I imagine Trump (probably correctly) assumes the women he assaults will not kick him in the balls because he's rich and they're too afraid to give him what he deserves. That seems to be his vision of "consent" -- or, in his terms, "letting him." Not because they want him to. But in his own words, because he's a star. He knows he can do what he wants because he has power.

He's a pig. And let's not forget he was saying he does this while he was already married to Melania.

MrMonkeyMoustache

• Stubble
« Reply #3030 on: April 21, 2017, 08:15:21 AM »

Agreed. I have been accosted before by a man who has pulled me in and kissed me before I had time to react. Or in Trump's terms, they "just kiss. They don't even wait."

I can assure you, I did NOT give my consent. And frankly, they deserved a good kick in the balls, which I was too shocked to give, unfortunately.

I imagine Trump (probably correctly) assumes the women he assaults will not kick him in the balls because he's rich and they're too afraid to give him what he deserves. That seems to be his vision of "consent" -- or, in his terms, "letting him." Not because they want him to. But in his own words, because he's a star. He knows he can do what he wants because he has power.

He's a pig. And let's not forget he was saying he does this while he was already married to Melania.
Those guys are definitely in the wrong. But what did Trump say that suggested he does that, knowing that they won't tell because they fear him?

At best, people are reaching. At worst, they're defaming him by accusing him of being a sexual predator.

Kris

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3031 on: April 21, 2017, 08:18:48 AM »

Those guys are definitely in the wrong. But what did Trump say that suggested he does that, knowing that they won't tell because they fear him?

At best, people are reaching. At worst, they're defaming him by accusing him of being a sexual predator.

He said: "I don't wait" (for consent). "They let me." Not "They want me to." They LET him.

It's about what he can get away with, MrMonkeyMoustache. Not what the women want. He does not care about that. This is explicit in his words.

I'd say I can't believe you don't see this. But I think instead you're trying really, really hard not to see it.

Miskatonic

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3032 on: April 21, 2017, 08:19:06 AM »

Ho-ly shit.

MrMonkeyMoustache

• Stubble
« Reply #3033 on: April 21, 2017, 08:22:39 AM »

He said: "I don't wait" (for consent). "They let me." Not "They want me to." They LET him.

It's about what he can get away with, MrMonkeyMoustache. Not what the women want. He does not care about that. This is explicit in his words.

I'd say I can't believe you don't see this. But I think instead you're trying really, really hard not to see it.
But you just added in "for consent". He didn't say that. Adding that in implies that he purposely ignores lack of consent, and knowingly does these things against their will. At best, you can say that he may have done it against a woman's consent without intention. What women, we have no idea, since this was just a general statement. That's all that can be certain. Anything else is pure speculation.

I just think it was a poor choice of words. Nothing he said in that indicates to me that he knowingly sexually assaults women. I think saying that is a huge reach.

Gin1984

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3034 on: April 21, 2017, 08:26:13 AM »

Toque.

Toque.
I wasn't directly quoting him, I was using my own example where permission wasn't verbally given, but clearly consent was there.

And are you not doing the same, by saying that these women were not consenting? How can you say that? Especially when he's not even talking about any specific situation.

People are getting on his case as well about the pussy grabbing comments. But which actual women did he do that to? And when did he ever suggest that it was meant to be taken as against their consent?

Sure, there's no way right now for me to prove he didn't mean without consent. But the opposite is also true.
Given that multiple women have come out to say he assumed them, no I am not.  Nor would I be otherwise because "letting" does not imply consent. 

Miskatonic

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3035 on: April 21, 2017, 08:27:02 AM »

But you just added in "for consent". He didn't say that. Adding that in implies that he purposely ignores lack of consent, and knowingly does these things against their will. At best, you can say that he may have done it against a woman's consent without intention. What women, we have no idea, since this was just a general statement. That's all that can be certain. Anything else is pure speculation.

I just think it was a poor choice of words. Nothing he said in that indicates to me that he knowingly sexually assaults women. I think saying that is a huge reach.

If you don't wait, there can be no consent. Therefore, he does it without consent, regardless of whether or not they give consent "after the fact" (which is technically impossible). It doesn't matter that you think it was a poor choice of words - his words, taken at face value, clearly say that he does things against the woman's consent. You do the same, apparently.

caracarn

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3036 on: April 21, 2017, 08:31:17 AM »
WOW.  Not seen this thread until now.  Just reading the exchange between The Monkey and others I now further understand how this goof got elected.

MrMonkeyMoustache

• Stubble
« Reply #3037 on: April 21, 2017, 08:32:08 AM »

If you don't wait, there can be no consent. Therefore, he does it without consent, regardless of whether or not they give consent "after the fact" (which is technically impossible). It doesn't matter that you think it was a poor choice of words - his words, taken at face value, clearly say that he does things against the woman's consent. You do the same, apparently.

So does that mean you believe you have to give verbal consent for it to exist? If I have sex with my GF, but she didn't verbally say yes, can she then come back and say I raped her? Just curious, not assuming you believe that.

@Gin Being accused of something doesn't make it any more or less real than it actually is. Maybe those claims are right. Maybe they're not. But there's absolutely zero evidence, so stating for a fact that he IS a predator is reactionary and ridiculous.

Now, I'm not saying it's the case, but do you think it's even possible that a few women jumped on an opportunity for a pay day when those comments came out? Do you think it's possible that those rape claims the night before the election were timed to prevent him from being elected?

OurTown

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3038 on: April 21, 2017, 08:36:58 AM »
Are you asking a legal or a moral question? 

Miskatonic

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3039 on: April 21, 2017, 08:41:54 AM »

So does that mean you believe you have to give verbal consent for it to exist? If I have sex with my GF, but she didn't verbally say yes, can she then come back and say I raped her? Just curious, not assuming you believe that.

@Gin Being accused of something doesn't make it any more or less real than it actually is. Maybe those claims are right. Maybe they're not. But there's absolutely zero evidence, so stating for a fact that he IS a predator is reactionary and ridiculous.

Now, I'm not saying it's the case, but do you think it's even possible that a few women jumped on an opportunity for a pay day when those comments came out? Do you think it's possible that those rape claims the night before the election were timed to prevent him from being elected?

1. Yes.
2. Yes, that's a possibility.
2a. I'm not saying you need a notarized letter giving consent, but a verbal acknowledgement of what is happening and that it is indeed wanted from both parties is totally natural.
3. You don't know for a fact that there's zero evidence. He's made plenty of settlements.
4. Yes, that's a possibility, but sexual assault is extremely serious and we must take such claims extremely seriously.
5. Do you really want to go down the "dubious claims made right before the election" rabbit hole?

caracarn

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3040 on: April 21, 2017, 08:42:51 AM »

I'm just trying to understand, do you just grab her and start going at it without any conversation?  You may not mean to come across as such an aggressive person, but man these posts sure seem to point to the fact that because she is your GF you just think it's open season whenever you are ready to go.

MrMonkeyMoustache

• Stubble
« Reply #3041 on: April 21, 2017, 08:44:49 AM »
Okay, that's all I needed to hear. I don't think we're going to get anywhere with this conversation.

acroy

• Handlebar Stache
    • SWAMI
« Reply #3042 on: April 21, 2017, 08:45:38 AM »
Did anyone watch the tape, and think it was anything but Trump buffooning around, blowing smoke up the young guy's ass? C'mon.

Miskatonic

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3043 on: April 21, 2017, 08:47:25 AM »
Okay, that's all I needed to hear. I don't think we're going to get anywhere with this conversation.

I knew this probably wasn't going anywhere the moment you said you have sex with your girlfriend without asking, but I hoped some sense could be talked into you. Good luck.

caracarn

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3044 on: April 21, 2017, 08:48:16 AM »
Did anyone watch the tape, and think it was anything but Trump buffooning around, blowing smoke up the young guy's ass? C'mon.
I "buffoon around" all the time with guys, but never in my wildest reality would I ever consider those types of comments appropriate.  So yes, I watched that tape and saw a very clear portrayal of his character and what and how he considers appropriate things to discuss with anyone.

acroy

• Handlebar Stache
    • SWAMI
« Reply #3045 on: April 21, 2017, 08:51:08 AM »
I "buffoon around" all the time with guys, but never in my wildest reality would I ever consider those types of comments appropriate.  So yes, I watched that tape and saw a very clear portrayal of his character and what and how he considers appropriate things to discuss with anyone.
So, it was inappropriate. Well said.

radram

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3046 on: April 21, 2017, 08:52:46 AM »
Nothing he said in that indicates to me that he knowingly sexually assaults women. I think saying that is a huge reach.

In this comment I am reminded of Adrian Peterson and his child abuse case. He did to his child what was done to him. I believe that he truly believed he did nothing wrong. Society disagrees with him, and charged him with a crime. He pleaded no contest to a lesser charge. There are no reports of doing the same action.

It is possible Trump believed he did nothing wrong. It is also possible he was wrong and he committed a crime. My opinion is that he knew what he was saying was not a societal norm and not for everyone's ears.

I don't wait. They let me.

Those 6 words turning into an action, in my opinion, should be a crime. Some parts of society agree with me. In California, those 6 words followed by a grab are clearly a crime with the yes means yes law.

MrMonkeyMoustache

• Stubble
« Reply #3047 on: April 21, 2017, 08:54:07 AM »

I knew this probably wasn't going anywhere the moment you said you have sex with your girlfriend without asking, but I hoped some sense could be talked into you. Good luck.
I do not rape my girlfriend, if that's what you are implying. Saying that you need verbal consent is absolutely ridiculous and not at all sexy. If my girlfriend gives me a sexy look, and then runs upstairs and lays on the bed naked, do you suggest that it could be rape unless I say, "wait a minute, sweetie, are you sure you want to do this"?

C'mon, that's not reality. And it more than a bit ridiculous.

MrMonkeyMoustache

• Stubble
« Reply #3048 on: April 21, 2017, 08:59:14 AM »

It is possible Trump believed he did nothing wrong. It is also possible he was wrong and he committed a crime.
Okay, it's possible, but there's no evidence we've seen that says a crime was committed.

My opinion is that he knew what he was saying was not a societal norm and not for everyone's ears.
Okay, and he didn't say it for everybody to hear. He said it in private. Besides, it's not a crime to not follow norms.

I don't wait. They let me.

Those 6 words turning into an action, in my opinion, should be a crime. Some parts of society agree with me. In California, those 6 words followed by a grab are clearly a crime with the yes means yes law.
Well, what action those 6 words would turn into is ambiguous at best.

As for the law, I don't agree with it, for the very premise that "ongoing consent" is also very ambiguous. Unless you suggest that every 30 seconds or so you need to say, "STOP! Girlfriend, is it okay if we continue to have sex?"

Miskatonic

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3049 on: April 21, 2017, 09:01:52 AM »

I do not rape my girlfriend, if that's what you are implying. Saying that you need verbal consent is absolutely ridiculous and not at all sexy. If my girlfriend gives me a sexy look, and then runs upstairs and lays on the bed naked, do you suggest that it could be rape unless I say, "wait a minute, sweetie, are you sure you want to do this"?

C'mon, that's not reality. And it more than a bit ridiculous.

Not ridiculous at all, and if the only way you can imagine getting consent is by asking like an awkward weirdo, well....I can't improve your social skills for you.