Author Topic: Watcha making for dinner tonight!?  (Read 957030 times)

brooklynmoney

• Pencil Stache
Re: Watcha making for dinner tonight!?
« Reply #2800 on: November 15, 2020, 02:53:18 PM »
My husband is making Persian beef/lamb kebabs with rice & a yogurt sauce

In cooking a Persian dish for the first time tonight Zereshk Polo. It sounds delish but a decent amount of work.

WhiteTrashCash

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2801 on: November 15, 2020, 03:31:26 PM »
I made a bean soup with Roman beans, garlic, crushed tomatoes, and my special homemade spice mix with a loaf of homemade French bread. It takes about four hours to cook it so I save this for weekend days when I have nothing going on and I can spend the afternoon in the kitchen.

horsepoor

• Magnum Stache
  • That old chestnut.
« Reply #2802 on: November 16, 2020, 09:50:48 AM »
Ginger coconut tomato soup from the last of the garden tomatoes, and stirfried chicken thighs with lots of curry powder served over cauliflower rice.

Tomorrow we're having steak, asparagus and roasted butternut squash.

And I'm going to have to make some split pea soup on Wednesday or Thursday after all the talk of it in this thread. I have some smoked pork jowl and leeks to bring that party.

Kmp2

• Bristles
« Reply #2803 on: November 16, 2020, 04:30:45 PM »
Last night we did slow cooker beef short ribs (in cherry juice!) with mashed potatoes.

Tonight we are using the rest of the meat and making a lasagna.

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #2804 on: November 16, 2020, 07:55:52 PM »
I used leftover roasted chicken from Saturday & mixed it with a marinara sauce, served with ravioli. It wasn't the fanciest, but it worked. We had that with salad, and pomegranate for dessert

couponvan

• Walrus Stache
    • My journal
« Reply #2805 on: November 17, 2020, 06:49:08 AM »
Creamed cauliflower soup with garlic bread baguette.  It was a kit improvisation made vegan with almond milk and vegetable broth.  I used two kinds of frozen riced cauliflower (one garlic and one Asian). So tasty!

NotJen

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2806 on: November 17, 2020, 07:00:35 AM »
It's chicken enchilada time again!  With roasted zucchini on the side.

jeninco

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #2807 on: November 17, 2020, 01:09:26 PM »
It's in the 60s today, so we'll be having sticky sesame sriracha chicken salad: https://www.splendidtable.org/story/2017/03/29/sticky-sesame-and-sriracha-chicken-with-chopped-salad

With, I dunno, leftover rice, or maybe rice noodles for the carb-hungry.

couponvan

• Walrus Stache
    • My journal
« Reply #2808 on: November 17, 2020, 01:20:13 PM »
I am making a charcuterie chalet with a friend this afternoon. That and wine will be dinner!
https://www.instagram.com/p/CHb0UEZBAKF/

sui generis

• Magnum Stache
  • she/her
« Reply #2809 on: November 17, 2020, 01:45:34 PM »
Cute!

We're having fish tacos. Fish counter at our fave store had been shut down for a while for some remodeling, and they had limited prepackaged or frozen fish for the duration. It's open again and we're celebrating with one of my favorite meals!

couponvan

• Walrus Stache
    • My journal
« Reply #2810 on: November 17, 2020, 05:47:54 PM »
It was good!

OtherJen

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2811 on: November 17, 2020, 05:55:59 PM »

sui generis

• Magnum Stache
  • she/her
« Reply #2812 on: November 17, 2020, 05:57:27 PM »
Yes, nicely done!  Beauties.

alsoknownasDean

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #2813 on: November 17, 2020, 11:28:37 PM »
I've got some leftover carnitas I made yesterday (and a bunch of tortillas) or a big piece of steak and some salad. Tomorrow's going to be very warm and reheating the carnitas is going to heat the place up less than cooking a steak, so steak and salad it is!

I really should get to organising a BBQ and area for said BBQ, especially as summer is nearly here.

jeninco

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #2814 on: November 20, 2020, 04:25:55 PM »
@couponvan, I love the meat house!

We're making vegetable-heavy lasagne this evening, with eggplant, mushrooms and spinach, along with a small amount of hot italian sausage, which I will probably put into the (tomato-based) sauce, to get it better dispersed.

I imagine I could make a salad with that, but honestly I'm probably not going to.  Hope you all have a great weekend!

Linea_Norway

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2815 on: November 21, 2020, 08:04:38 AM »
Fish (self caught pollock) with cherry tomatoes and fresh herb sauce. A salad with butternut squash, almonds, feta cheese, white beans and mint. And I made borek with cheese fill. Not sure when to eat that.

BZB

• Bristles
« Reply #2816 on: November 21, 2020, 06:34:59 PM »
I did NOT feel like cooking tonight, but the no-cook options I had on hand - popcorn, apples, and pb&j - didn't sound appealing, so I forced myself to get over it and cook. Spaghetti noodles with crispy bacon, green peas, french green beans, diced hard-boiled eggs, shaved asiago, freshly cracked pepper, kosher flaked salt, tossed with plenty of extra virgin olive oil

NotJen

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2817 on: November 21, 2020, 06:55:23 PM »
I was supposed to make meatloaf tonight, but plans changed, and I'll make that for lunch tomorrow.

Tonight I made some individual pizzas, but froze them all.  I had a breakfast burrito (and side salad) for dinner to use up my last tortilla, but conveniently forgot to add the three baby potatoes I had saved to have in said burrito.  Oops!  I'll try to remember to bake them up to mix in tomorrow's dinner salad.

OtherJen

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2818 on: November 21, 2020, 08:09:56 PM »
Husband made diner-style smashed burgers with cheese and onions. I think we'll need to eat vegetarian for the next couple of nights to balance those out, but they were a nice treat.

Last night, we did onigirazu (sushi sandwiches) with smoked salmon and vegetables.

sui generis

• Magnum Stache
  • she/her
« Reply #2819 on: November 21, 2020, 08:33:51 PM »
We made a mediocre roasted cauliflower leek soup. So disappointing. I lost my favorite creamy cauliflower leek soup recipe (apparently the website shut down, and I've been remiss in not saving more than links to some of my fave recipes) so lost it and tried something random. I think I'll be able to pull together something adequate based on other creamy cauliflower leek soup recipes I see online, but I'm sad I lost that previous one.

Served it with reliable sweet potato fries, dipped in mayo.

jeninco

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #2820 on: November 22, 2020, 06:47:49 PM »
@sui generis , we had absolutely delicious cauliflower and black bean tacos. The kid and MrInCO were in the nearby town with the fantastic tortillaria, so they picked up fresh corn tortillas (and homemade salsa), I roasted the cauliflower and warmed up some black beans from the freezer, and we grated a little jack cheese, sliced up some pickled jalapeños, and fast-pickled some red onion. A little "mexican slaw" (aka grated carrots and red cabbage, with just a bit of rice vinegar) on the side, and we were golden!

sui generis

• Magnum Stache
  • she/her
« Reply #2821 on: November 22, 2020, 09:27:27 PM »
@sui generis , we had absolutely delicious cauliflower and black bean tacos. The kid and MrInCO were in the nearby town with the fantastic tortillaria, so they picked up fresh corn tortillas (and homemade salsa), I roasted the cauliflower and warmed up some black beans from the freezer, and we grated a little jack cheese, sliced up some pickled jalapeños, and fast-pickled some red onion. A little "mexican slaw" (aka grated carrots and red cabbage, with just a bit of rice vinegar) on the side, and we were golden!

I love this.  I actually got a cauliflower and lentil taco recipe from someone here years ago and we still make it all the time.  One of my favorite meals.

couponvan

• Walrus Stache
    • My journal
« Reply #2822 on: November 23, 2020, 07:15:22 AM »
@sui generis please post the cauliflower lentil taco recipe! Yummy sounding.

sui generis

• Magnum Stache
  • she/her
« Reply #2823 on: November 23, 2020, 08:14:56 AM »

Here you go: https://cookieandkate.com/roasted-cauliflower-and-lentil-tacos/. We usually add some shredded cabbage as a topping as well, for a little more crunch and healthy bulk.

Enjoy!

couponvan

• Walrus Stache
    • My journal
« Reply #2824 on: November 23, 2020, 09:12:02 AM »

Here you go: https://cookieandkate.com/roasted-cauliflower-and-lentil-tacos/. We usually add some shredded cabbage as a topping as well, for a little more crunch and healthy bulk.

Enjoy!
Thank you! I have a head of cauliflower I want to use up tomorrow. Taco Tuesday it is!

Last night was Weight Loss Wonder Soup Vegan with Brussel Sprouts instead of cabbage. 
https://divascancook.com/wonder-soup-recipe-weight-loss-soup-7-day-diet-cabbage-soup/
I froze 2/3 of the original recipe, and then we added 1/2 cup of pearled couscous and 2 cups of vegetable broth at the end and had a "pasta soup". I'm tired of eating leftovers the next day, so I'm trying to serve a meal and then freeze portions for later to have a rotation of foods.

Tonight will be Asian dinner - Pad tai with bean sprouts, vegetable potstickers, General Tso's cauliflower, and veggie fried rice.  I'm going to freeze a bunch of the leftovers for later.  The turkey is taking up a lot of refrigerator space!

NotJen

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2825 on: November 23, 2020, 12:17:41 PM »
I've got a loaf of Rosemary French Bread in the bread machine so that I can have a leftover meatloaf sandwich (and side salad) for dinner --- smells delicious!

Speaking of lentils, does anyone have a favorite recipe specifically for black lentils?  I made Smitten Kitchen's punjabi-style black lentils, but it didn't make it on the make-again list.

jeninco

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #2826 on: November 23, 2020, 01:13:47 PM »
I've got a loaf of Rosemary French Bread in the bread machine so that I can have a leftover meatloaf sandwich (and side salad) for dinner --- smells delicious!

Speaking of lentils, does anyone have a favorite recipe specifically for black lentils?  I made Smitten Kitchen's punjabi-style black lentils, but it didn't make it on the make-again list.

Don't have a recipe, but I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who "auditions" recipes, and then decides if they get promoted to "permanent" or "kill a tree" status.

I'm also curious about recipe ideas -- we're trying to find more things to do with beans, and although we have a number of delicious recipes, I'm starting to get bored with the texture.

NotJen

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2827 on: November 23, 2020, 03:30:20 PM »
I'm also curious about recipe ideas -- we're trying to find more things to do with beans, and although we have a number of delicious recipes, I'm starting to get bored with the texture.

Any specific kind of bean?  Most of these probably won't give you a different texture, but here are some of my favorites that aren't chili.

When I have a bunch piling up in my freezer, I make Five Bean Soup, using whatever mix of beans I have on hand.

A lot of my favorites involve chickpeas:
I like to make chickpea "chicken salad" for sandwiches - chickpeas (mashed), celery, mayo, garlic powder, salt, and pepper (all pretty much to-taste)
A new favorite is Paprika Chicken with Chickpeas
Chickpea Tikka Masala - I've used this recipe, but there might be better ones
Lamb Chili (okay, it's a chili, but it's soo good)

Butternut Black Bean Burgers
My favorite burritos ever (I'm not vegan, so I use Cotija)

I'll also throw some in to a potato hash or egg scramble (when I'm using up veggies in the fridge and there happen to be extra beans around).

jeninco

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #2828 on: November 23, 2020, 06:21:33 PM »
@NotJen, thanks! I'll have a look, and maybe we'll try one or more of those out next week!

Tonight, we're having Fidget Casserole, from the Frugal Queen (now in France, formerly elsewhere). I get a bunch of pinterest hits googling that, and don't have an account, but it's sautéed onions, leeks, and ham (we used a kielbasa), with sage and a cheddar cream sauce, baked with potatoes and applies mixed in until everything's cooked, and crusty and gooey. We'll have a salad on the side.

OtherJen

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2829 on: November 23, 2020, 06:25:33 PM »
We're having an entirely sheet pan dinner. Chicken thighs roasted in Penzey's Northwoods seasoning, roasted Brussels sprouts, baked potatoes, and (hopefully) warm roasted beet salad with orange balsamic vinaigrette, goat cheese, and pecans.

Trifle

• Walrus Stache
    • In The Garden
« Reply #2830 on: November 24, 2020, 03:42:06 AM »
We're making coconut fish curry with mango and sugar snap peas.  We enjoyed this recipe so much last week we're going back for round 2.

https://oldwayspt.org/recipes/coconut-fish-curry-mango-and-sugar-snap-peas

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #2831 on: November 24, 2020, 09:57:00 AM »
We've had some delicious dinners (pulled pork fiesta bowls, chicken with cranberry sauce & couscous, & bahn mi tacos), but tonight it will be leftover beef/lamb kebabs, rice & yogurt sauce

jeninco

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #2832 on: November 24, 2020, 04:55:47 PM »
The family asked for a break from bean-based meatless meals, so we're having mac-n-cheese, which seems (to me) to contain rather a lot of butter and cheese. But should be delicious. The salad will balance things out.

OtherJen

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2833 on: November 24, 2020, 06:08:20 PM »
Pasta with a simple ground turkey-tomato sauce. I had intended to make black beans for taco Tuesday, but forgot to soak the beans so here we are.

BZB

• Bristles
« Reply #2834 on: November 24, 2020, 08:15:17 PM »
BBQ chicken tenders, coleslaw, home fries, and lemon cake

sui generis

• Magnum Stache
  • she/her
« Reply #2835 on: November 24, 2020, 08:47:34 PM »
Leftover ethiopian takeout. Which isn't really on topic, since I didn't make it... but, what should I do with leftover injera? This has been a dilemma for us since the pandemic. All our local restaurants are VERY generous with the amount of injera they provide for takeout. We made chips out of them last time, but they were pretty sour.

Other than making a fresh ethiopian dish, any great uses for leftover injera? Or has anyone found it freezes well? It seems like it wouldn't...

OtherJen

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2836 on: November 24, 2020, 08:51:48 PM »
Leftover ethiopian takeout. Which isn't really on topic, since I didn't make it... but, what should I do with leftover injera? This has been a dilemma for us since the pandemic. All our local restaurants are VERY generous with the amount of injera they provide for takeout. We made chips out of them last time, but they were pretty sour.

Other than making a fresh ethiopian dish, any great uses for leftover injera? Or has anyone found it freezes well? It seems like it wouldn't...

I'd think it would go well with stews in general, or maybe Indian-style foods (instead of naan). Basically anything you'd want to eat with a bread dipper. I wonder how it would be with hummus or baba ganoush.

Ethiopian food sounds so good, and I haven't had it in ages.

jeninco

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #2837 on: November 25, 2020, 09:30:07 AM »

I'd think it would go well with stews in general, or maybe Indian-style foods (instead of naan). Basically anything you'd want to eat with a bread dipper. I wonder how it would be with hummus or baba ganoush.

There are chalaquiles-style things you can make with leftover injera, which probably start by frying it in a pan, then adding some spicy bean and/or tomato mixture, and then you could top with a fried egg. I'd probably freeze the injera if I wasn't going to get around to making such a thing soon, but I bet it'd be a fantastic breakfast.

(I googled -- look for "firfir")

NotJen

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2838 on: November 25, 2020, 11:47:23 AM »
I'm eating leftovers today to clear out some of the "good containers" from my freezer.

In preparation for tomorrow, I've made a loaf of bread to use in stuffing, cranberry sauce, and pecan pie cookies.

OtherJen

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2839 on: November 25, 2020, 12:06:30 PM »
I'm waffling back and forth between putting a pot of bean soup in the pressure cooker and pulling the leftover pulled pork out of the freezer. I still have to bake a pie (and make the pie crust) and prep everything for stuffing, so probably the pork will win. We can eat it with tortillas, topped with shredded cabbage, radishes, queso fresco, and Tapatio sauce.

jeninco

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #2840 on: November 25, 2020, 12:21:16 PM »
We're also likely to be having chili and sides (lovely corn tortillas, slaw, fresh salsa that needs using up. etc) for dinner tonight.

And, like the other Jen, we'll be making cranberry sauce and many pies this afternoon. (We aren't having guests, but we're dropping off pie slices all over town tomorrow with friends.) I bought the bread for stuffing, though, so I'll take it out of the freezer this afternoon, cut it into cubes this evening, and leave them out to go a little stale before we start assembling dressing tomorrow.  I guess I also need to pull the neck and giblets out of the turkey and start making stock...

sui generis

• Magnum Stache
  • she/her
« Reply #2841 on: November 25, 2020, 09:37:32 PM »

There are chalaquiles-style things you can make with leftover injera, which probably start by frying it in a pan, then adding some spicy bean and/or tomato mixture, and then you could top with a fried egg. I'd probably freeze the injera if I wasn't going to get around to making such a thing soon, but I bet it'd be a fantastic breakfast.

Lovely ideas, thanks!

Tonight, we were ambitious (considering the amount of cooking for tomorrow) and made something so delicious, I just have to really encourage everyone to consider bookmarking or trying this soon.  It's a little bit of work, but worth it.  And the picture is really misleading and not appetizing at all, but trust me it is so tasty with bright basil and just enough cheesiness and the roasted tomato/bell pepper/garlic sauce....fun to make and tasty to eat!

https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1021548-giant-couscous-cake-with-roasted-pepper-sauce

Trifle

• Walrus Stache
    • In The Garden
« Reply #2842 on: November 26, 2020, 03:13:29 AM »

Lovely ideas, thanks!

Tonight, we were ambitious (considering the amount of cooking for tomorrow) and made something so delicious, I just have to really encourage everyone to consider bookmarking or trying this soon.  It's a little bit of work, but worth it.  And the picture is really misleading and not appetizing at all, but trust me it is so tasty with bright basil and just enough cheesiness and the roasted tomato/bell pepper/garlic sauce....fun to make and tasty to eat!

https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1021548-giant-couscous-cake-with-roasted-pepper-sauce

Hi @sui generis -- the recipe sounds great but it's behind a pay wall.  (I already have a subscription to NYT, but the wall requires me to upgrade to include 'Cooking')

OtherJen

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2843 on: November 26, 2020, 07:31:57 AM »
Tonight will be chile-rubbed roast turkey, gravy, bread dressing (mom's recipe), sauteed Brussels sprouts with bacon and shallots, and cranberry relish.

I baked a pumpkin pie, too, but it will probably become breakfast.

Linea_Norway

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2844 on: November 26, 2020, 08:42:02 AM »
Turkish musakka with rice.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2020, 11:53:32 AM by Linea_Norway »

horsepoor

• Magnum Stache
  • That old chestnut.
« Reply #2845 on: November 26, 2020, 09:09:11 AM »
We just got a lamb from a friend, so instead of turkey, we'll be having roasted leg of lamb tonight with freshly dug horseradish. Sides will be asparagus, mashed potatoes, and if I'm feeling ambitious, a leek/parsnip gratin and/or some sort of apple dessert with the last of my little stash of homegrown apples.

OzzieandHarriet

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2846 on: November 26, 2020, 10:32:49 AM »

Lovely ideas, thanks!

Hi @sui generis -- the recipe sounds great but it's behind a pay wall.  (I already have a subscription to NYT, but the wall requires me to upgrade to include 'Cooking')

I was able to find it (I don’t have a cooking subscription either) so here it is for anyone interested. Some of the reader comments said they had problems with various points of the recipe, just FYI.

INGREDIENTS

FOR THE PEPPER SAUCE:
2  small red bell peppers (about 12 ounces/340 grams), seeds and stems removed, quartered
1  small tomato, halved
4  tablespoons/60 milliliters olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
 Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
2  large heads garlic, tops trimmed just enough to expose the cloves
1 ½  tablespoons red wine vinegar
1  teaspoon maple syrup
FOR THE COUSCOUS CAKE:
1 ½  cups/250 grams pearl couscous
 Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 ⅓  cups/320 milliliters boiling water
10  scallions (spring onions), trimmed
7  tablespoons/105 milliliters olive oil
5  ounces/140 grams baby spinach (about 4 packed cups)
1  scant cup/220 grams Greek-style yogurt
1  scant cup/100 grams coarsely grated low-moisture mozzarella
½  cup/50 grams finely grated pecorino, plus extra for serving
⅓  cup plus 1 tablespoon/50 grams all-purpose (plain) flour
2  large eggs
2  garlic cloves, minced
1  tablespoon coriander seeds, toasted and roughly crushed in a mortar and pestle
⅓  cup/15 grams roughly torn fresh basil leaves, plus more for serving
Add to Your Grocery List
Ingredient Substitution Guide
PREPARATION

Heat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit/220 degrees Celsius.
Prepare the pepper sauce: Add the bell peppers and tomato to a baking sheet (tray) and toss with 1 tablespoon oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt and a good grind of pepper. Drizzle the garlic heads with a little oil, wrap tightly in foil and place them to one side of the baking sheet. Roast for 35 minutes or until the pepper skins are well charred and the garlic has softened.
When cool enough to handle, peel and discard the pepper and tomato skins. (Don’t worry if you can’t remove all the skin.) Add the peeled vegetables to a food processor. Squeeze the garlic cloves out of their papery skins (discarding the skins) and add them to the blender along with the vinegar, maple syrup, 1/4 teaspoon salt and a good grind of pepper. Blitz for a few seconds, then, with the machine running, slowly drizzle in the remaining 3 tablespoons oil until incorporated and the sauce is smooth. Set aside pepper sauce.
Meanwhile, prepare the couscous cake: Add the couscous, 1/2 teaspoon salt and boiling water to a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a simmer, then cover with a lid and turn the heat to medium-low. Cook for 10 minutes, then set aside to cool.
Place a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Toss the scallions (spring onions) with 1/2 tablespoon oil, then add to the pan and fry until softened and charred, turning halfway through, about 4 minutes. Set the scallions aside.
Turn the heat down to medium-high, then add another 1/2 tablespoon oil and the spinach to the pan. Cook until wilted, about 90 seconds, then transfer to a large bowl. Roughly chop the scallions and add two-thirds to the bowl with the spinach. Add the couscous, yogurt, both cheeses, flour, eggs, garlic, coriander, basil, 1/2 teaspoon salt and a good grind of pepper to the bowl and mix everything to combine.
Wipe out the skillet and heat 5 tablespoons oil over medium-high. Once hot, add the couscous mixture, and use a spoon to evenly distribute and smooth out the top. Turn the heat down to medium-low and cook for 20 minutes; the edges will be golden, the cake will start to set in the center and you should be able to loosen the cake from the base.
Use a spatula to gently separate the cake from the sides of the pan, running it under the cake as well to try to loosen it from the bottom. Remove the pan from the heat and, very gently, invert the whole thing onto a large plate. Return the pan to the heat and slide the cake back into it, crispy-side up, to brown the other side. Cook for 8 minutes over medium heat, then transfer the cake to a large wooden board or serving platter.
In a small bowl, combine the remaining scallions with the extra basil leaves and the remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Sprinkle the cake all over with the extra pecorino and top with the scallion mixture. Serve with the pepper sauce in a bowl alongside.

John Galt incarnate!

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2847 on: November 26, 2020, 11:24:05 AM »
Right now, beloved SO is in my kitchen preparing a dinner of roasted  turkey, mashed potatoes w/ gravy, yams, peas, and butterflake rolls.

I'll drink cider, she champagne.

Dessert = vanilla ice cream w/ pumpkin pie/peach pie.

sui generis

• Magnum Stache
  • she/her
« Reply #2848 on: November 26, 2020, 11:55:19 AM »

Lovely ideas, thanks!

I was able to find it (I don’t have a cooking subscription either) so here it is for anyone interested. Some of the reader comments said they had problems with various points of the recipe, just FYI.

Thanks for posting! The only change we thought we'd try for future is cookig 1-2 minutes less per side, to make the outside a bit less crunchy/chewy.

Tonight, we're having baked chicken with a mediterranean garlic spice rub, generic mashed potatoes with gravy, sambal roasted brussels with fish sauce vinaigrette, apple bacon stuffing and roasted cashew pudding for dessert.

Trifle

• Walrus Stache
    • In The Garden
« Reply #2849 on: November 27, 2020, 01:56:50 AM »
Thanks @sui generis !

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!