Author Topic: Valentine's Day  (Read 1986 times)

Mickijune

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Valentine's Day
« on: February 14, 2013, 02:44:07 PM »
I have to admit I have gotten a twinge of jealousy for a split second several times today as several of my co-workers received huge vases full of pretty flowers from the husbands.

But then I think about the $50-$100 it must have cost, plus shipping. And I'm glad my husband didn't buy me something that will die in a few days...even if they are pretty.

Meh....

tooqk4u22

• Magnum Stache
Re: Valentine's Day
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2013, 03:20:56 PM »
I gave my DW a nice arrangement this morning that I picked up last night from Trader Joes for $5 - they looked as good as the $25+ ones that I saw when passing the flower shop.

AntiMMM spending, maybe - happy DW, definitely. And even being a dude, there is something nice about flowers in winter - oh baby, spring is coming.

aclarridge

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2013, 10:42:46 AM »
I bought a single rose, it still cost $5 but she really liked the colour and was happy with it, and that I didn't blow $30 like I have in the past. So mission accomplished!
Although we did go out for a $115 dinner... :|

BlueMR2

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2013, 12:22:00 PM »
Barely even saw my wife.  She was out the door first thing in the morning to work and then she spent the evening flying around getting flight training.  Got home in time to go to bed so we could both get up for work today.  :-)

Spartana

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2013, 12:34:45 PM »
BF got me daisys (my favorite) and we had a long bike ride on the beach bike path and a picnic on the beach afterwards. Tres romantic...and cheap!! My kind of Valentines date!

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!