Author Topic: Trump Voters.... why?  (Read 296907 times)

Midwest

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Trump Voters.... why?
« Reply #700 on: October 08, 2016, 12:27:17 PM »
Why are you talking about Bill Clinton?

Bill Clinton has done worse things to women. 

I find it hilarious that you responded to this question with the exact same argument that prompted the question in the first place.

I might see the logic in it, if Bill Clinton was actually running for something.

Read the rest of the post, I don't like Trump.  At some point, Hillary becomes complicit in Bills activities by staying with him.  If Trumps wife had the kind of baggage Bill does, I would have issues with it as well.  You are welcome to vote for someone other than Trump as he is a buffoon, but Hillary attacking Trump on his treatment of women is laughable.

boy_bye

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #701 on: October 08, 2016, 12:38:44 PM »
To my knowledge, Trump hasn't been accused of rape and/or taking advantage of a 22 year old subordinate. 

He has been accused of raping a 13-year-old girl, though:

http://www.snopes.com/2016/10/03/rape-lawsuit-refiled-against-donald-trump/

sol

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #702 on: October 08, 2016, 12:39:39 PM »
To my knowledge, Trump hasn't been accused of rape and/or taking advantage of a 22 year old subordinate.

Oh my, I'm so sorry you don't read the news. 

Trump rape case hearing is scheduled for December 16th.  That will be fun, if he's the President-elect by then.

http://lawnewz.com/high-profile/federal-judge-orders-hearing-in-donald-trump-rape-lawsuit-case/

Midwest

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #703 on: October 08, 2016, 12:46:12 PM »

Trump rape case hearing is scheduled for December 16th.  That will be fun, if he's the President-elect by then.

http://lawnewz.com/high-profile/federal-judge-orders-hearing-in-donald-trump-rape-lawsuit-case/

I wasn't aware of that.  Guess it depends it there is any truth to it.  Given the timing of it and the fact it's been filed 3 times previously, I would tend to think it's frivolous but who knows.

Ironic that it was an Epstein party given the Clinton's relationship with him. - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3589628/Report-Bill-Clinton-jumped-aboard-disgraced-sex-offender-Jeffrey-Epstein-s-Lolita-Express-plane-junkets-26-TIMES-just-three-years.html

sol

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #704 on: October 08, 2016, 12:57:52 PM »
I wasn't aware of that.  Guess it depends it there is any truth to it. 

Whether or not there was any truth to it didn't seem too important to you ten minutes ago when you tried to discredit Hillary Clinton by attacking someone other than Hillary Clinton with the exact same line you're now saying might not matter:

Bill Clinton... has been accused of rape

Roland of Gilead

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #705 on: October 08, 2016, 01:05:09 PM »

It sounds about as real as Hillary having Vince Foster killed though.   Third time the lawsuit has been filed?

Midwest

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #706 on: October 08, 2016, 01:11:08 PM »

I wasn't aware of that.  Guess it depends it there is any truth to it. 

Whether or not there was any truth to it didn't seem too important to you ten minutes ago when you tried to discredit Hillary Clinton by attacking someone other than Hillary Clinton with the exact same line you're now saying might not matter:

Bill Clinton... has been accused of rape

Bill Clinton has been accused of sexual misconduct by multiple women.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Clinton_sexual_misconduct_allegations

In addition, Bill Cinton took advantage of a young intern.

With Trump (regarding women), we have a) stupid comments regarding groping a woman and b) 1 lawsuit filed 3x already that has suddenly come out of the woodwork c) a ton of stupid comments about women

If Trump had been accused of the things Bill Clinton has as many times as he has, I'd be equally concerned.

Note - I excluded cheating from the comparison because both Bill and Trump have been accused and/or done it.
[/quote]
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 01:13:34 PM by Midwest »

sol

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #707 on: October 08, 2016, 01:27:24 PM »
Bill Clinton has been accused of sexual misconduct by multiple women.

You keep coming back to this, without answering the original question.  Why are you talking about Bill Clinton, who is not running for anything? 

Is this sort of behavior offensive to you, or not?  You seem pretty upset about someone else (long since out of office) doing it, but you're apparently okay with Trump doing it?

So let's just take a quick poll here, shall we?  How many people believe that we should elect a serial philanderer, sexual predator, and accused rapist to be POTUS?  Let's just leave names out of it for a second.

Because one of the two people on next month's ballot is all of those things, and the other one is not.

Midwest

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #708 on: October 08, 2016, 01:47:34 PM »
Bill Clinton has been accused of sexual misconduct by multiple women.

You keep coming back to this, without answering the original question.  Why are you talking about Bill Clinton, who is not running for anything? 

Is this sort of behavior offensive to you, or not?  You seem pretty upset about someone else (long since out of office) doing it, but you're apparently okay with Trump doing it?

So let's just take a quick poll here, shall we?  How many people believe that we should elect a serial philanderer, sexual predator, and accused rapist to be POTUS?  Let's just leave names out of it for a second.

Because one of the two people on next month's ballot is all of those things, and the other one is not.

Let's amend the poll slightly - How many people believe that we should elect a serial philanderer, documented sexual predator , and accused rapist by witnesses who seem somewhat credible  or someone who through their silence and association enables those exact activitiesto be POTUS ?  Let's just leave names out of it for a second.

Midwest

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #709 on: October 08, 2016, 01:52:48 PM »

I am disturbed by your willingness to pass off his history of continuous sexist, aggressive comments as "stupid." I am also disturbed by your dismissal of a case that has been filed more than once as probably frivolous on solely that basis. It is very difficult to win a case like that, and even more difficult to win against a rich, powerful man.

I'm not passing off anything.  Donald is a buffoonish jerk.  I'm amazed by the willingness to ignore Hillary's complicity and silence of Bill's proven history as a sexual predator and philanderer.  Bill's history as a sexual predator is more than just accusations while Trump's at this point consists of stupid comments and allegations. 
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 01:54:56 PM by Midwest »

Kris

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #710 on: October 08, 2016, 01:54:21 PM »
Just imagine if Trump's wife had messed around with a subordinate(s), lied about it and Trump had called them all sorts of unflattering things in defense of his lying cheating wife.

Trump doesn't get a free pass on this.  It's awful.  Society doesn't accept this sort of behavior, that's why Trump is getting hammered on it.  The only reason I'm considering voting for him is because, among other things, Bill Clinton has done worse things to women.  No excuses for Trump and no defense of him by me or many Trump supporters. 

If the democrats had put up another candidate, I might be voting for a democrat.  I won't be voting for Hillary.

So you're considering voting for Trump because someone not on the ballot close to Clinton did worse things to women? Interesting.

Close to Bill Clinton?  This isn't her campaign manager, this is her husband who took advantage of at least one intern, has been accused of rape, and cheated multiple times on her.  At some point, you become complicit in his misdeeds by failing to move away from him and call him out.  She is way past that point.

To my knowledge, Trump hasn't been accused of rape and/or taking advantage of a 22 year old subordinate.  That doesn't make him a good candidate or person, but may make him less bad than the alternative.  Most Clinton supporters I know view her as the less bad alternative to Trump.

Hopefully Trump will quit (probably not) and we can elect a decent human being for president.  Yes, I'm aware Gary Johnson is on the ballot.

So.... You're considering voting for Trump because Hillary got cheated on?

Midwest

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #711 on: October 08, 2016, 01:56:11 PM »
Just imagine if Trump's wife had messed around with a subordinate(s), lied about it and Trump had called them all sorts of unflattering things in defense of his lying cheating wife.

Trump doesn't get a free pass on this.  It's awful.  Society doesn't accept this sort of behavior, that's why Trump is getting hammered on it.  The only reason I'm considering voting for him is because, among other things, Bill Clinton has done worse things to women.  No excuses for Trump and no defense of him by me or many Trump supporters. 

If the democrats had put up another candidate, I might be voting for a democrat.  I won't be voting for Hillary.

So you're considering voting for Trump because someone not on the ballot close to Clinton did worse things to women? Interesting.

Close to Bill Clinton?  This isn't her campaign manager, this is her husband who took advantage of at least one intern, has been accused of rape, and cheated multiple times on her.  At some point, you become complicit in his misdeeds by failing to move away from him and call him out.  She is way past that point.

To my knowledge, Trump hasn't been accused of rape and/or taking advantage of a 22 year old subordinate.  That doesn't make him a good candidate or person, but may make him less bad than the alternative.  Most Clinton supporters I know view her as the less bad alternative to Trump.

Hopefully Trump will quit (probably not) and we can elect a decent human being for president.  Yes, I'm aware Gary Johnson is on the ballot.

So.... You're considering voting for Trump because Hillary got cheated on?

I'm not voting for Clinton because she is married to a documented sexual predator and continues to be married to him. 

ender

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #712 on: October 08, 2016, 01:56:47 PM »
I'm not voting for Clinton because she is married to a documented sexual predator.

I most assuredly hope you aren't voting for Trump then.

Midwest

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #713 on: October 08, 2016, 01:57:54 PM »
I'm not voting for Clinton because she is married to a documented sexual predator.

I most assuredly hope you aren't voting for Trump then.

I'm still weighing the latest allegations against Trump and haven't seen the video yet.

To add - If some of the allegations are true, I may simply withhold my vote.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 02:08:58 PM by Midwest »

sol

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #714 on: October 08, 2016, 02:42:32 PM »
haven't seen the video yet.

How is that possible?  It's already been linked in this very thread...

Here, have a gander:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKB92ohXn20

Midwest

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #715 on: October 08, 2016, 02:59:36 PM »
haven't seen the video yet.

How is that possible?  It's already been linked in this very thread...

Here, have a gander:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKB92ohXn20

Work (vids blocked)/kids sports/outside time.  I'll watch it later.

sol

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #716 on: October 08, 2016, 03:35:46 PM »
The news coverage today, for anyone else on a low-information diet, is mostly centered around what the RNC rules are for replacing Trump on the ballot, if he drops out of the race as a result of recent revelations.

Trump was "uninvited" from a public event with Speaker Paul Ryan today, and Mike Pence was supposed to replace him.  Then Pence decided he couldn't represent Trump anymore, and said he "cannot defend" Trumps comments.  Melania called them offensive and unacceptable.  A whole host of republicans have officially withdrawn support, including (for the first time) Republicans who have long congressional careers in front of them.  They're actively calling for him to drop out, so the RNC can nominate Pence in his place.  He's refusing, of course.

A quick excerpt from:  http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/08/politics/donald-trump-gop-chaos/index.html

Republicans steadily began cutting Trump loose Saturday.

New Hampshire Sen. Kelly Ayotte, locked in a tight re-election race, helped trigger an avalanche of top GOP figures away from Trump.
"I'm a mom and an American first, and I cannot and will not support a candidate for president who brags about degrading and assaulting women," Ayotte said in a statement, adding she would write Pence's name in on her ballot.

Nevada GOP Senate candidate Joe Heck, competing in another competitive race, said he could no longer support Trump, though would not vote for Clinton. "I believe our only option is to formally ask Mr. Trump to step down and allow Republicans the opportunity to elect someone who will provide us with the strong leadership so desperately needed and one that Americans deserve," Heck said, appearing with former GOP nominee Mitt Romney Saturday.

Republican Rep. Scott Garrett, who is also in a tight election in his New Jersey district, said Trump's comments were "inexcusable."
"I believe that Mike Pence would be the best nominee for the Republican Party to defeat Hillary Clinton."

Rep. Bradley Byrne, a Republican from Arizona, said Trump's comments were "disgraceful and appalling."
"It is now clear Donald Trump is not fit to be President of the United States and cannot defeat Hillary Clinton," he said. "I believe he should step aside and allow Governor Pence to lead the Republican ticket."

It sure looks like this election is over, all of the sudden.  I think Monday's debate will be his last chance to make the case that he's still a viable candidate.  At this point, I'm pretty sure the GOP could nominate a turtle and get more votes, as long as that turtle was a Republican and pro-life.  Trump is a terrible messenger for the policies that ~40% of the country supports.

Of course, there's apparently a raucous crowd of supporters outside Trump Tower right now cheering him on, so what do I know?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 03:39:09 PM by sol »

ransom132

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #717 on: October 08, 2016, 03:37:53 PM »
Didn't Ivanka get raped by Donald Trump and the only reason she kept it quiet without going to court was because he paid her off?

ransom132

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #718 on: October 08, 2016, 03:39:02 PM »
Of course, there's apparently a raucous crowd of supporters outside Drumpf Tower right now cheering him on, so what do I know?
The deplorables are at it again :P

thd7t

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #719 on: October 08, 2016, 03:53:10 PM »
Didn't Ivanka get raped by Donald Trump and the only reason she kept it quiet without going to court was because he paid her off?
That was Ivana.

thd7t

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #720 on: October 08, 2016, 03:55:11 PM »
Trump's infidelity is documented extensively. He cheated on his first two wives was and was caught.

sirdoug007

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #721 on: October 08, 2016, 04:02:33 PM »
Watch out when the Donald reaches for the tic tacs...

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_57f83edce4b0b6a430326776

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MDM

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #722 on: October 08, 2016, 05:38:49 PM »
Finally... I need a Trump voter to just explain to me, especially those with sisters, daughters, wives, how you tell them that you're voting for someone who thinks he can grab them "by the pussy" because he is a star?
Can't help you there.  Of course, I couldn't explain how one could vote for Bill Clinton given what he did with a young intern.

I suspect both Trump's and (Bill) Clinton's supporters just figure "I like his politics better than the alternative, so I'll just overlook those annoying personal foibles."
I thought it might be helpful to Democrats who can't imagine anyone voting for Trump, to imagine what it must have been like for Republicans who couldn't imagine anyone voting for Bill Clinton.  Just as Democrats were able to ignore Clinton's transgressions, we should expect there will be Republicans who ignore Trump's.  Pot, meet kettle.

thd7t

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #723 on: October 08, 2016, 05:42:47 PM »
Finally... I need a Trump voter to just explain to me, especially those with sisters, daughters, wives, how you tell them that you're voting for someone who thinks he can grab them "by the pussy" because he is a star?
Can't help you there.  Of course, I couldn't explain how one could vote for Bill Clinton given what he did with a young intern.

I suspect both Trump's and (Bill) Clinton's supporters just figure "I like his politics better than the alternative, so I'll just overlook those annoying personal foibles."
I thought it might be helpful to Democrats who can't imagine anyone voting for Trump, to imagine what it must have been like for Republicans who couldn't imagine anyone voting for Bill Clinton.  Just as Democrats were able to ignore Clinton's transgressions, we should expect there will be Republicans who ignore Trump's.  Pot, meet kettle.
Well, Clinton hadn't done anything with Lewinsky (the intern that you keep referencing) when he sought office. It's a false equivalency.

MDM

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #724 on: October 08, 2016, 06:20:37 PM »
Well, Clinton hadn't done anything with Lewinsky (the intern that you keep referencing) when he sought office. It's a false equivalency.
Actually he had, it just hadn't been publicized yet.  So yes, it wasn't public knowledge when he ran for president but it was when the impeachment trial occurred.  Do you see no comparison whatsoever?

sol

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #725 on: October 08, 2016, 06:23:00 PM »
Just imagine the outcry if Hillary Clinton (or Sarah Palin) were to go on TV and say she liked to "grab men by the dick".

Quoting myself here, because earlier today I made this comment and now Samantha Bee made a decent gag out of it.  Content warning: explicit language in the service of comedy.

https://twitter.com/FullFrontalSamB/status/784557197799796736

nobodyspecial

• Handlebar Stache

thd7t

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #727 on: October 08, 2016, 07:19:26 PM »
Actually he had, it just hadn't been publicized yet.  So yes, it wasn't public knowledge when he ran for president but it was when the impeachment trial occurred.  Do you see no comparison whatsoever?
You are referring to the '96 election. However, as you said, the public didn't know about this affair. However, I disagree that Hillary staying with Bill is complicity. It is virtue.

Metric Mouse

• Walrus Stache
  • FU @ 22. F.I.R.E before 23
« Reply #728 on: October 08, 2016, 07:25:16 PM »
You are referring to the '96 election. However, as you said, the public didn't know about this affair. However, I disagree that Hillary staying with Bill is complicity. It is virtue.

I can just imagine it being called virtue if Melania had defended Trump the way Hillary defended her husband...

MDM

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #729 on: October 08, 2016, 07:57:18 PM »
However, I disagree that Hillary staying with Bill is complicity. It is virtue.
Hillary staying with Bill has nothing to do with the point I am making.  You may be referring to something else...?

GoConfidently

• Stubble
« Reply #730 on: October 08, 2016, 08:01:59 PM »
Bill and Monica had a consensual affair. Trump bragged about kissing women without their consent and grabbing them by the pussy. There is a huge difference there. One is infidelity. The other is assault. And again, Bill Clinton isn't running for any office which makes this discussion pointless.

MDM

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #731 on: October 08, 2016, 08:55:00 PM »
Bill and Monica had a consensual affair.
Maybe yes, maybe no.  You might want to familiarize yourself with how power relates to Sexual Harassment: In the Workplace.

Trump bragged about kissing women without their consent and grabbing them by the pussy. There is a huge difference there. One is infidelity. The other is assault.
You do understand that I'm not saying Trump isn't a jerk, don't you?

And again, Bill Clinton isn't running for any office which makes this discussion pointless.
I must admit that you are missing the point, or perhaps the point is missing you, but there really is a point.

GoConfidently

• Stubble
« Reply #732 on: October 08, 2016, 09:27:09 PM »
Bill and Monica had a consensual affair.
Maybe yes, maybe no.  You might want to familiarize yourself with how power relates to Sexual Harassment: In the Workplace.

Trump bragged about kissing women without their consent and grabbing them by the pussy. There is a huge difference there. One is infidelity. The other is assault.
You do understand that I'm not saying Trump isn't a jerk, don't you?

And again, Bill Clinton isn't running for any office which makes this discussion pointless.
I must admit that you are missing the point, or perhaps the point is missing you, but there really is a point.

She continues to assert that the affair was consensual even many years later and after all the media scrutiny she endured. She was an adult. She entered into the relationship willingly. That is not harassment. Perhaps you need to read the link you provided.

i know the point you're trying to make. I don't agree with it. I think most of the voting public thinks that assault (and bragging about the assaults you've committed) is a much bigger problem for a presidential candidate than marital infidelity. I don't think you can fairly make a comparison between the two.

MDM

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #733 on: October 08, 2016, 09:42:36 PM »
Perhaps you need to read the link you provided.
What a novel concept!  You may, however, safely assume it was read, particularly the part about "Because of the workplace hierarchy, the sexually harassed woman is unlikely to complain." 

i know the point you're trying to make. I don't agree with it. I think most of the voting public thinks that assault (and bragging about the assaults you've committed) is a much bigger problem for a presidential candidate than marital infidelity. I don't think you can fairly make a comparison between the two.
Now that's reasonable.  It would be a boring world if everyone agreed with everyone else.

To be clear, the point is that political parties tend to turn a blind eye to their own candidates' shortcomings while highlighting those of the opposition.  E.g., "how can you vote for Reagan/Dole when he is so old?"  "How can you vote for Obama when he is so inexperienced?"  "How can you vote for Trump/Clinton when he/she is such a liar?"

So, to the thread title, people will tend to excuse personal foibles if the candidate's political views are "acceptable".  This goes for either party.

sol

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #734 on: October 08, 2016, 10:08:43 PM »
For the next week, I'll be counting the number of Republicans who address Trump's claims of sexual assault without uttering the words "Bill Clinton".

It's been about a day since the footage leaked, and so far my count is at zero.

MDM

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #735 on: October 08, 2016, 10:23:25 PM »
For the next week, I'll be counting the number of Republicans who address Trump's claims of sexual assault without uttering the words "Bill Clinton".

It's been about a day since the footage leaked, and so far my count is at zero.
I'm guessing you could extrapolate that trend and have high accuracy for at least that week....

thd7t

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #736 on: October 09, 2016, 05:14:39 AM »

I can just imagine it being called virtue if Melania had defended Trump the way Hillary defended her husband...
She has already defended him. That's part of their personal relationship.

thd7t

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #737 on: October 09, 2016, 05:18:21 AM »
However, I disagree that Hillary staying with Bill is complicity. It is virtue.
Hillary staying with Bill has nothing to do with the point I am making.  You may be referring to something else...?
Then your point has lost me. Bill Clinton's inappropriate relationship was not known publicly at the time of his election. However, that incident speaks to weakness in Trump and strength in H. Clinton.

MDM

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #738 on: October 09, 2016, 09:43:48 AM »
Then your point has lost me. Bill Clinton's inappropriate relationship was not known publicly at the time of his election.
It was very much known at the time of the impeachment trial.  Many of his supporters, who would freely castigate someone else in an analogous situation, chose to overlook his inappropriate actions because they liked his political views.  Today, you have Trump supporters who may choose to overlook his inappropriate actions because they like his political views.

Glenstache

• Magnum Stache
  • FI(lean) working on the "RE"
« Reply #739 on: October 09, 2016, 10:33:28 AM »
On the theme of Sol's posts, the NYT has put this nice timeline together:
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/08/29/us/politics/at-least-110-republican-leaders-wont-vote-for-donald-trump-heres-when-they-reached-their-breaking-point.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=b-lede-package-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news

The focus on Bill has been somewhat confusing to me as well, because he is not going to be elected, is not going to be the one with the launch codes, or the signing pen in the oval office. He will be a supporting character as first gentleman of the US. I think for a certain segment of the Trump supporters, there is a strongly misogynistic thread in this in which a woman is supposed to be subservient to her husband. Viewed through this lens, the emphasis on Bill makes more sense. Otherwise we would certainly see a lot more emphasis from conservatives on the things in Melania Trump's past which would have been considered scandalous by their societal norms and unbecoming of a FLOTUS. 

MDM

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #740 on: October 09, 2016, 11:48:11 AM »
The focus on Bill has been somewhat confusing to me as well....
Often analogies are helpful when explaining things.  In this case, at least for some, apparently not. 

Let's try an analogy-free version: some people support Trump because, despite what he does in his personal life, they agree with his political views.

dividendman

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #741 on: October 09, 2016, 11:55:45 AM »

Let's try an analogy-free version: some people support Trump because, despite what he does in his personal life, they agree with his political views.

That I get. Except that he has changed his political views so many times in the last 1, 2, 5, 10, years it's hard to know if he actually believes them, or is just saying what he thinks people want to hear. Every politician is guilty of this to some degree, he just seems to be waaaaaaaay on the bad end of the spectrum (routinely switching his positions back and forth within hours of making statements).

I really am expecting Donald Trump, at some point in the future, to say "If you voted for me you're a loser. A reality TV star? You got tricked. Dumb. Bad."

I expect this ~10 years after the election (win or lose).

Glenstache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #742 on: October 09, 2016, 12:16:32 PM »
Often analogies are helpful when explaining things.  In this case, at least for some, apparently not. 

Not buying it as an analogy. The argument was simply that people would not vote for Hillary because of what Bill did. Period. That is not the same as your second statement. And, quite frankly, much of the opposition to Trump regarding racism, misogyny, etc can be supported by his public statements and therefore cannot be swept under the rug of "personal life."

If people want to discuss his political views, then they should also be able to clearly connect those dots. Quite frankly, I'm not convinced that Trump can connect those dots based on his lack of understanding of most foreign affairs issues (why can't we use nukes? Russia will no go into Ukraine [after already in Ukraine and having annexed Crimea], etc). Policy is not his strong point, even if you agree with whatever the most recent draft of his views is... which may be different by the end of the sentence he is incoherently speaking.

thd7t

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #743 on: October 09, 2016, 12:38:47 PM »

Yeah, if you disagree on policy, it's more straight forward to just say that. The Bill stuff sounds like obfuscation.

nobodyspecial

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #744 on: October 09, 2016, 12:50:03 PM »
He sounds EXACTLY like Obama, the liberals' beloved Lying Messiah, that way, though.

And if other politicians don't want to be Trump's friend or have anything to do with him except if it benefits them, then Trump and I at least have that in common.

I'm not voting for Trump, I'm voting against the putrid, utterly corrupt self serving mafiosa Slick Hitlery Rotten Clinton. The only other viable option is Trump. That's why he gets my vote.
And people complain that the standard of political discourse has declined during this campaign

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #745 on: October 09, 2016, 01:02:15 PM »
Slick Hitlery Rotten Clinton

Regardless of whether you're a huge fan of Hilary Clinton or Donald Trump . . . do you think childish name calling helps people to listen to the ideas you have, or hinders this?

Glenstache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #746 on: October 09, 2016, 01:07:19 PM »
I believe this thread has officially become lock-worthy.

ender

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #747 on: October 09, 2016, 01:16:05 PM »
I believe this thread has officially become lock-worthy.

Don't let the troll win. It's annoying to me when single users can go off the deep end and single-handedly shut down threads.

Northwestie

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #748 on: October 09, 2016, 01:32:52 PM »
Back on topic - I'm quite stunned that folks would consider voting for this clown give the several implosions just in the last couple weeks.

Like I've been saying from the start - Clinton will bury him and then we can, hopefully, move on to more adult conversations about policy, budgets, and foreign affairs rather than this tripe.

Unfortunately we'll have to see him first wade through the sewer in his debate dialog two more times. 

Come November 4th -- good riddance.

nobodyspecial

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #749 on: October 09, 2016, 01:43:08 PM »
Like I've been saying from the start - Clinton will bury him and then we can, hopefully, move on to more adult conversations about policy, budgets, and foreign affairs rather than this tripe.
Come November 4th -- good riddance.
Isn't that the real problem?
Trump has effectively cancelled the 2016 presidential contest, it is exactly as if President Obama had abolished the election and handed over to his anointed successor.

Strangely this doesn't seem to be the thing that people are most angry about.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 01:44:43 PM by nobodyspecial »