Author Topic: Trump outrage of the day  (Read 779197 times)

nereo

• Senior Mustachian
    • Here's how you can support science today:
Re: Trump outrage of the day
« Reply #7600 on: March 04, 2021, 10:59:44 AM »
Early in 2017, I heard someone compare Trump's ability to move and shape public opinion on twitter to FDR's fireside chats on the nascent medium of radio. It occurred to me then that we might be seeing the start of a 9+ year Presidency. I wondered how I would go about pulling together the resources to write a book arguing that Trump would run for and win a third term.

A combination of my own laziness and horror at his policies meant I never really explored this. It's easy for me to view the activity on this thread and believe I could have pulled together $30,000 or more via a GoFundMe for such a book.

Are you still envisioning a 9+ year presidency?

talltexan

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #7601 on: March 04, 2021, 11:23:37 AM »
Donald Trump--whether he plans to run in 2024 or not--will go around acting like he is for the next two years. He is drawn to attention like a moth to a flame, and acting like you're running for President is the single best way to get attention. So we cannot look to his own choices/actions/statements and discern anything meaningful.

The landscape can shift a lot in two years. We'll see whether the Republican party is able to win a House majority in 2022 by following the Trumpism playbook.

I acknowledge that Trump winning three terms looks out of reach, but if he pulls a Grover Cleveland and runs/wins in 2024, he will go around claiming he won three times.

mm1970

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #7602 on: March 04, 2021, 01:33:46 PM »
So my conspiracy-minded in-laws tell me today is “Inauguration Day” for Trump.

Meanwhile, the house has decided not to be in session today for fear of another attack.  The Senate will be, though...

sorry but LOL. I can't believe people believe this one
The qanon nutjob on my FB feed keeps saying "keep the faith, it's happening SOON".  That was five days ago.

I wonder what she'll be saying five days from now.

bacchi

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #7603 on: March 04, 2021, 02:14:37 PM »

Meanwhile, the house has decided not to be in session today for fear of another attack.  The Senate will be, though...

The qanon nutjob on my FB feed keeps saying "keep the faith, it's happening SOON".  That was five days ago.

Speaking of religions...

Trump is old. He's gonna die sooner rather than later. Will Qanon believe that he's going to return through some age-defying tech (or that he never died in the first place)?

It seems far-fetched but this is the same group that believes in a worldwide cabal of Satan worshiping cannibals.

scottish

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #7604 on: March 04, 2021, 03:45:30 PM »
Donald Trump--whether he plans to run in 2024 or not--will go around acting like he is for the next two years. He is drawn to attention like a moth to a flame, and acting like you're running for President is the single best way to get attention. So we cannot look to his own choices/actions/statements and discern anything meaningful.

The landscape can shift a lot in two years. We'll see whether the Republican party is able to win a House majority in 2022 by following the Trumpism playbook.

I acknowledge that Trump winning three terms looks out of reach, but if he pulls a Grover Cleveland and runs/wins in 2024, he will go around claiming he won three times.

Three terms means he would run and win 2024 and then run again in 2028 and win?   But a prez can only serve 2 terms, correct?

Psychstache

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #7605 on: March 04, 2021, 04:06:15 PM »

Three terms means he would run and win 2024 and then run again in 2028 and win?   But a prez can only serve 2 terms, correct?

Only if you are following the law. But when has Trump let that stop him from doing something he wants to do?

OtherJen

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #7606 on: March 04, 2021, 06:18:50 PM »

Speaking of religions...

Trump is old. He's gonna die sooner rather than later. Will Qanon believe that he's going to return through some age-defying tech (or that he never died in the first place)?

It seems far-fetched but this is the same group that believes in a worldwide cabal of Satan worshiping cannibals.

Sounds a bit like Scientology. Maybe Qanon will become the next predatory religious cult. They're nearly there.

LennStar

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #7607 on: March 05, 2021, 04:48:56 AM »
Ted Cruz was born in Canada, but he seems to be getting along just fine in American politics. Re-elected to US Senate and runner-up in 2016 Republican primary.

I'll talk to someone here and add him to the list.

Canada officially apologizes for:
- Celine Dion
- Nickelback
- Ted Cruz
Sorry world, our bad.

Don't forget Justin Bieber. ;)
But I tried so hard! And you ruined it!

I am sure the Repugs will soon all have a miniature golden Trump statues on their desks and maybe they will have golden Trump statue necklaces too. The mini version of the statues will most likely be sold as MAGA merch at his rallies. Hahaha! Pez dispencers?

might be a good business opportunity.
Idea: MAGA OS
Replaces Windows for double the cost. Only let's you communicate with real citizens and blocks CNN, NBC and whatever it is. After 4 years it deletes all your files if you don't donate the same sum again into an anti-hostage fund.

jehovasfitness23

• Bristles
« Reply #7608 on: March 05, 2021, 05:34:12 AM »

Speaking of religions...

don't hold your breath. His dad lived to like 92, his mom lived a long time too. Covid didn't kill him, we won't get so lucky any time soon with that bag of shit

OtherJen

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #7609 on: March 05, 2021, 05:38:01 AM »
Ted Cruz was born in Canada, but he seems to be getting along just fine in American politics. Re-elected to US Senate and runner-up in 2016 Republican primary.

I'll talk to someone here and add him to the list.

Canada officially apologizes for:
- Celine Dion
- Nickelback
- Ted Cruz
Sorry world, our bad.

Don't forget Justin Bieber. ;)
But I tried so hard! And you ruined it!

I am sure the Repugs will soon all have a miniature golden Trump statues on their desks and maybe they will have golden Trump statue necklaces too. The mini version of the statues will most likely be sold as MAGA merch at his rallies. Hahaha! Pez dispencers?

might be a good business opportunity.
Replaces Windows for double the cost. Only let's you communicate with real citizens and blocks CNN, NBC and whatever it is. After 4 years it deletes all your files if you don't donate the same sum again into an anti-hostage fund.

Genius. Give it a name like “Super Eagle Patriot OS” and name all of the upgrades after Confederate Army generals and/or Trump family members. The desktop icon can be the snake from the Gadsden flag. You’ll make a fortune.

talltexan

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #7610 on: March 05, 2021, 06:17:09 AM »

People who have been fine with Trump's approach to so many other laws and norms seemed convinced that he would never violate the Washingtonian custom of retiring from public life after a second term. You may wish to reread the entire thread here.

talltexan

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #7611 on: March 05, 2021, 06:19:48 AM »
Those people who have Canada apologizing for Celine Dion: no need to apologize. Great voice, a couple of truly fantastic songs. Do not put her in with Biebs or Ted Cruz.

Of course, I grew up in Texas, where the favorite Canadian is Shania Twain.

Just Joe

• Walrus Stache
  • Teach me something.
« Reply #7612 on: March 05, 2021, 07:37:17 AM »

Maybe they can source that from North Korean, Russia, Myanmar, or China - and then just rebrand it.

An authoritarian is an authoritarian is an authoritarian.Maybe I should add corrupt three times as well.

Love OtherJen's marketing plan!

Can't believe that the freedom/democracy/law and order crowd supports this guy so hard.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2021, 07:39:00 AM by Just Joe »

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #7613 on: March 05, 2021, 07:44:24 AM »
Can't believe that the freedom/democracy/law and order crowd supports this guy so hard.

Maybe we should just be a little more pointed about calling out liars when they appear.

Nobody who supports democracy can be a Trump supporter.  He has proven himself to be pretty radically anti-democratic by his actions and the actions of his supporters.

The 'law and order' crowd isn't really a 'law and order' crowd . . . or they would be more upset about the laws that Trump and his family have broken.

JLee

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #7614 on: March 05, 2021, 09:40:53 AM »

Maybe we should just be a little more pointed about calling out liars when they appear.

Nobody who supports democracy can be a Trump supporter.  He has proven himself to be pretty radically anti-democratic by his actions and the actions of his supporters.

The 'law and order' crowd isn't really a 'law and order' crowd . . . or they would be more upset about the laws that Trump and his family have broken.

"Law and order"*

*if they're brown

PKFFW

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #7615 on: March 05, 2021, 06:52:34 PM »
[Three terms means he would run and win 2024 and then run again in 2028 and win?   But a prez can only serve 2 terms, correct?
I'm no expert, so someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is that a person can only serve two consecutive terms as President.  I don't believe there is anything stopping someone from serving more terms in total.

WhiteTrashCash

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #7616 on: March 05, 2021, 07:21:08 PM »

Trump supporters are proudly and openly anti-democracy. They say we live in a republic not a democracy so it doesn’t really matter what the majority of Americans want. They are very, very open about this opinion and talk about it a lot. It’s central to their politics.

Taran Wanderer

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #7617 on: March 05, 2021, 07:42:39 PM »
[Three terms means he would run and win 2024 and then run again in 2028 and win?   But a prez can only serve 2 terms, correct?
I'm no expert, so someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is that a person can only serve two consecutive terms as President.  I don't believe there is anything stopping someone from serving more terms in total.

22nd Amendment:  No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of President more than once.

There’s more, but that’s the important part.

bacchi

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #7618 on: March 05, 2021, 08:06:17 PM »

22nd Amendment:  No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of President more than once.

I think the plan is:

The Repubs will win the Senate
The Repubs will win the House
Trump will win a House seat and become the Speaker
The House and Senate will impeach and convict the President AND the VP

This will make Trump the President for the remainder of Biden's term. He can then run again in 2024 for a total of 9+ years.

FIPurpose

• Handlebar Stache
    • FI With Purpose
« Reply #7619 on: March 05, 2021, 10:40:23 PM »

I think the plan is:

This will make Trump the President for the remainder of Biden's term. He can then run again in 2024 for a total of 9+ years.

Unless the GOP can magically flip 17 Senate Seats ( and they don't even have 17 even open to flip in 2022) they won't be removing Biden from the Presidency even in that doomsday scenario.

frugalnacho

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #7620 on: March 05, 2021, 10:41:32 PM »
Trump: It says you can only be ELECTED twice, it doesn't say anything about seizing power via an insurrection.

FIPurpose

• Handlebar Stache
    • FI With Purpose
« Reply #7621 on: March 05, 2021, 10:47:25 PM »
Beyond the basic 2 terms, the only theorized way of being President longer than the 10 year limit (An Acting president can still run for 2 terms if they've served less than 2 years) is by filling the vacancy of the presidency in some other manner. Technically, an ex-President could run as VP and the elected president could step down, but that would take a very loyal puppet of a presidential candidate who would be so weak in character as to almost be impossible to win an election. And everyone would recognize it as a sham candidacy making it even more of a long-shot.

Trump winning a House seat I guess is more likely, but Trump doesn't know how to run a legislative body and has no interest in doing so. He'd rather just control the money than running for office again.

PKFFW

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #7622 on: March 06, 2021, 12:47:43 AM »

Thanks, I had quite obviously missed that.

Alfred J Quack

• Bristles
« Reply #7623 on: March 06, 2021, 02:16:30 AM »
In the ad it will say lifetime support, never need for a new version!

And then when a new version comes out, zero-day security flaws for the old release are sold by the maker to the highest bidder, and the users who get infected by them are blamed as being socialist by not upgrading?

Need support because of the infection? Yes, of course but you'll have to pay for it. After paying, please upgrade to the latest version because this product is end of life and therefore no longer elligable for lifetime support.

Is it noticable that I work in IT? :D

LennStar

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #7624 on: March 06, 2021, 03:55:00 AM »
Is it noticable that I work in IT? :D
I was wondering if you speak from experience. Now I know.

bacchi

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #7625 on: March 06, 2021, 07:08:56 AM »
Trump: It says you can only be ELECTED twice, it doesn't say anything about seizing power via an insurrection.

This is the real answer.

scottish

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #7626 on: March 06, 2021, 08:21:53 AM »

I think the plan is:

Unless the GOP can magically flip 17 Senate Seats ( and they don't even have 17 even open to flip in 2022) they won't be removing Biden from the Presidency even in that doomsday scenario.

thank you for this!   Have a beer (or other delicious beverage) on me.

jim555

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #7627 on: March 06, 2021, 12:08:55 PM »
March 4th, oh I mean March 20th now...  LOL    Qtards.

Psychstache

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #7628 on: March 06, 2021, 12:44:04 PM »

They're just stealing from the playbook of the preachers who have used the bible to 'identify' the exact date of the rapture. Then the date passes, and they realize the 'misinterpreteted' a small passage and the REAL date of the rapture is...

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #7629 on: March 06, 2021, 12:49:09 PM »

They're just stealing from the playbook of the preachers who have used the bible to 'identify' the exact date of the rapture. Then the date passes, and they realize the 'misinterpreteted' a small passage and the REAL date of the rapture is...

Predicting the end of the world is a lose-lose game for chumps.  Either you're wrong and you look like an idiot, or you're right and you have nobody to brag to.

nereo

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #7630 on: March 06, 2021, 05:38:26 PM »

Yeah, cause that worked out so well for them the last time, when Trump was still actually in charge.

nereo

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #7631 on: March 06, 2021, 05:46:20 PM »

I think the plan is:

There is even more wrong with this crack pot theory. Removal by impeachment expecting to get to the Speaker is akin to playing ‘whack-a-mole’: when a President of VP is removed, a successor is appointed by the new president. In other words, when the vice president becomes president, the speaker does not move into the office of vice president.

bacchi

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #7632 on: March 06, 2021, 05:53:32 PM »

I think the plan is:

There is even more wrong with this crack pot theory. Removal by impeachment expecting to get to the Speaker is akin to playing ‘whack-a-mole’: when a President of VP is removed, a successor is appointed by the new president. In other words, when the vice president becomes president, the speaker does not move into the office of vice president.

"Mumble-mumble wait and see what happens in 2 weeks!"

FIPurpose

• Handlebar Stache
    • FI With Purpose
« Reply #7633 on: March 06, 2021, 07:05:15 PM »

I think the plan is:

Well, in this theory, we're talking about a Senate that is looking to overthrow the current administration. The Senate could just refuse to seat a new VP while going through the process of also removing the new acting president.

frugalnacho

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #7634 on: March 06, 2021, 09:26:15 PM »

Yeah, cause that worked out so well for them the last time, when Trump was still actually in charge.

Also it does very explicitly forbid seizing power via an insurrection.

LennStar

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #7635 on: March 07, 2021, 04:44:02 AM »

Also it does very explicitly forbid seizing power via an insurrection.

Wehre does it say that? Where? I have enver seen it. It is a LIE! Als I never did any insurrection. That's Fake News! I would never do that. It's a lie, a lie! I don't need to, because I am the lawfully elected president, it's only the Fake News that say I have lost.

Somehow it's funny to write like that.

Glenstache

• Magnum Stache
  • FI(lean) working on the "RE"
« Reply #7636 on: March 09, 2021, 10:11:09 AM »
I mean, who could have possibly predicted that Trump would try to funnel money to himself even if it hurt his supposed party?
https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/trump-urges-supporters-to-send-money-to-him-instead-of-rinos-amid-war-on-top-gop-fundraising-orgs

Shocking! It's almost like, out of nowhere, he only cares about himself! /s

talltexan

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #7637 on: March 09, 2021, 10:50:37 AM »
Even back when it was still possible to think Trump was sincerely seeking public service, I didn't understand why people gave him money. The man was a billionaire, but he wants you to contribute to his campaign to spend perhaps $150 million to win a job.

The man donates his annual salary of $400,000/year. But the government rents space from him and covers security costs for four adult children and their families to the tune of eight figures/year. And on and on

LennStar

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #7638 on: March 11, 2021, 04:31:27 AM »
Even back when it was still possible to think Trump was sincerely seeking public service, I didn't understand why people gave him money. The man was a billionaire, but he wants you to contribute to his campaign to spend perhaps $150 million to win a job.
Because that patriotic. Saying you want fucking rich people to pay for their own stuff is socialism!

nereo

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #7639 on: March 11, 2021, 04:42:28 AM »
Hypocrisy, but not surprising. 

WaPo Reports today:
Former president Donald Trump recently requested a mail-in ballot for a municipal election in South Florida, according to Palm Beach County records, voting again by mail despite months of repeatedly promoting false claims of election fraud without evidence.

talltexan

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #7640 on: March 11, 2021, 06:30:59 AM »
I'm glad you guys are still sharing on here, but I had a moment yesterday, when I looked at this thread's title--saw that no one had posted for the entire day--and thought, "Man, that's nice to not have to think or read about that man."

brandon1827

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #7641 on: March 12, 2021, 07:28:20 AM »
Exactly...it's soooooooo nice to not have to hear about him and his shenanigans 40 times per day. Now, the only things I've been hearing about sporadically are all the investigations and court cases being brought against him and his cabal....and his "statements" (on Presidential letterhead) about how he alone is to thank for the success the Biden administration has had in getting vaccines out and finally slowing the spread of covid. Every success the Biden team has makes Trump look that much more pathetic and inept.

Dancin'Dog

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #7642 on: March 12, 2021, 08:33:55 AM »
I just keep hoping that he gets everything that he deserves, or at least as much as legally possible. 

Just Joe

• Walrus Stache
  • Teach me something.
« Reply #7643 on: March 12, 2021, 08:35:17 AM »
Remember it was Trump that invented the vaccine... ;)

Heck,. if I had enough money that I didn't need to work - like Trump - I'd be out there assisting with COVID vaccinations. Sort of how Jimmy Carter has helped with Habitat for Humanity over the years.

Dollar Slice

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #7644 on: March 12, 2021, 09:01:42 AM »
Remember it was Trump that invented the vaccine... ;)

Heck,. if I had enough money that I didn't need to work - like Trump - I'd be out there assisting with COVID vaccinations.

There's some nightmare fodder for you. Imagine walking into your vaccine appointment, they show you into the little cubicle where you're getting your shot, and the person turns around... it's Trump, with a syringe and a big grin. "I MADE IT ALL BY MYSELF!"

Taran Wanderer

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #7645 on: March 12, 2021, 09:02:21 AM »
Heck,. if I had enough money that I didn't need to work - like Trump - I'd be out there assisting with COVID vaccinations. Sort of how Jimmy Carter has helped with Habitat for Humanity over the years.

But then you’d have to be around people. Ew. And those people might make you sick, even though you already had the disease and received the best medical care money can buy and then secretly got vaccinated in a way that abdicated your leadership responsibilities to the less than majority number of people who elected you...

Alfred J Quack

• Bristles
« Reply #7646 on: March 13, 2021, 03:48:52 AM »

WaPo Reports today:
Former president Donald Trump recently requested a mail-in ballot for a municipal election in South Florida, according to Palm Beach County records, voting again by mail despite months of repeatedly promoting false claims of election fraud without evidence.
It's only fraud when the Dems do it, right?

I recall that he voted by mail-in for years even before he called it fraud.

nereo

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #7647 on: March 13, 2021, 05:05:26 AM »

WaPo Reports today:
It's only fraud when the Dems do it, right?

I recall that he voted by mail-in for years even before he called it fraud.

There are at least TEN civil suits proceeding into discovery where DJT is named as a dependent.  Depositions are being ordered. Trump has a long, documented history of saying “you only plead the fifth when you are guilty” - anyone wish to give the over/under on whether Trump pleads the fifth over and over?

...of course his base will just loudly complain about ‘judicial persecution’ and miss the irony.

talltexan

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #7648 on: March 15, 2021, 06:58:38 AM »
For all you people who are hopeful that a conviction on one of these things will prevent Trump from influencing politics in the future, let's check on how things are going in other countries:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-56326389

scottish

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #7649 on: March 15, 2021, 03:21:55 PM »
I'm hoping he's sequestered in a low security correctional facility during the 2024 presidential campaign.   

Everyone has to have *something* to hope for.    A high security facility would be too much though!