Author Topic: Trump outrage of the day  (Read 778929 times)

WhiteTrashCash

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Trump outrage of the day
« Reply #6500 on: January 07, 2021, 11:35:20 AM »
The terrorists were running through the Capitol screaming "Where's Mike Pence?" What do you think they were planning to do? Tickle the Vice President and give him a Fresca?

LennStar

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #6501 on: January 07, 2021, 11:37:10 AM »
A lot of police officers should be fired over this. If there is ever a situation that calls for shooting people, it's when a mob storms the U.S. Capitol. If the Secret Service hadn't protected the Senators, Representatives, and Vice President Pence, it could have been an absolute bloodbath. A huge portion of the US government was gathered there with a violent mob breaking into the building.

If the protesters were intent on spilling blood, they didn't seem very well prepared.  This is wild and dangerous speculation.  Also highly discredited by the fact that the protestors killed no one.

But hey, Mr. Minority Report over here has all the answers.
Fired guns, found explosives, dead people - looks quite dangerous to me.

They shot an unarmed woman in the chest.
So this MAGA idiot got what they always said should happen? Kill someone if they smash windows?
Hard to shead tears.

So your evidence for intent to murder legislators includes property destruction and social media posts?
Thats double of what Trump fans need for Blacks or black clothed people to want them lynched.

You say terrorist, I say vandal and miscreant.  But hey, I'm sure your precogs knew exactly what she was going to do.
A terrorist uses planned and directed violence and shock to forcefully change a political decision.
I think "electing a president" is about has much a "political decision" than you can get.

Just to clarify, you supported Trump when he said that?
So if you don't support that, it's okay to shoot at you if you loot, but if you support that, it is not to shoot at you if you loot?

It was not an attempted coup.
Using armed violence to change the political leader of a country.
How is that not a coup? Please explain! I am confused why all those cyclopedias in the world yould have got it wrong!

My initial impression is, other than being caught with their pants down, the police handled it admirably.
Since you like to compare to the BLM protests: Why does the police never act this way when those happen? What do you think?

MudPuppy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6502 on: January 07, 2021, 11:38:29 AM »
The person who was shot was crawling through a window that led to where the Vice President and the Speaker were. Number 2 and 3 in power in the country. She was told repeatedly to stop, to stand down.

WhiteTrashCash

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6503 on: January 07, 2021, 11:39:49 AM »
The person who was shot was crawling through a window that led to where the Vice President and the Speaker were. Number 2 and 3 in power in the country. She was told repeatedly to stop, to stand down.

She was attempting to harm government officials, so she was shot. It's sad that someone died but 100% completely justified.

Montecarlo

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #6504 on: January 07, 2021, 11:40:29 AM »
@LennStar
You are mixing me up with a different poster.  There is at least one quote in there not from me, and I never mention BLM.

Montecarlo

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #6505 on: January 07, 2021, 11:41:44 AM »

She was attempting to harm government officials, so she was shot. It's sad that someone died but 100% completely justified.

Wild speculation.  No weapons were found on her.

MudPuppy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6506 on: January 07, 2021, 11:44:22 AM »

Agree. I don’t like that a people were injured or died, but they didn’t do this on a random Wednesday. It’s quite clear that they were attempting, by means of violence, to circumvent constitutional processes and seize power for their dear leader, who did nothing but encourage them until much, much too late.

JLee

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #6507 on: January 07, 2021, 11:45:21 AM »

Don't fuck with the Secret Service protection detail.

She earned this one 100%.

NSFW video: https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreakout/comments/ks8gtj/clearest_view_of_a_terrorist_attempting_to_breach/

ixtap

• Magnum Stache
    • Our Sea Story
« Reply #6508 on: January 07, 2021, 11:46:22 AM »

Agree. I don’t like that a people were injured or died, but they didn’t do this on a random Wednesday. It’s quite clear that they were attempting, by means of violence, to circumvent constitutional processes and seize power for their dear leader, who did nothing but encourage them until much, much too late.

He was still pretty encouraging of them in his last two messages that I saw, using more time to cajole them and remind them why they should be outraged than to try to talk them down.

MudPuppy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6510 on: January 07, 2021, 11:49:33 AM »
@ixtap too little, too late, too lacking in sincerity

Montecarlo

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #6511 on: January 07, 2021, 11:54:03 AM »

NSFW video: https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreakout/comments/ks8gtj/clearest_view_of_a_terrorist_attempting_to_breach/

I think this one is a bit more clear in terms of her behavior: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZ9oThRuMVs&bpctr=1610041725

ender

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #6512 on: January 07, 2021, 11:58:45 AM »
The worst part is these people probably fully supported the police rounding up and arresting or using lethal force against all the BLM rioters in summer, too.

Inaya

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6513 on: January 07, 2021, 11:58:59 AM »
Apparently, existing while back is probable cause for deadly force, but attempting to gain access to the Vice President by forcing your way through defenses while wearing a backpack is not (as long as you're white).

WhiteTrashCash

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6514 on: January 07, 2021, 11:59:50 AM »

Dude, please. Everyone has seen the video where she broke the window and then tried to climb into the chamber where Secret Service was protecting the Vice President and Members of Congress. She did this to herself.

HPstache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #6515 on: January 07, 2021, 12:00:17 PM »
I bet the secret service were told to hold that line with deadly force if necessary as the VP and SoH (?) were behind it.  Poor woman did not know exactly what she was doing, but she deserved what she got.

Barbaebigode

• Stubble
« Reply #6516 on: January 07, 2021, 12:01:33 PM »

I think this one is a bit more clear in terms of her behavior: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZ9oThRuMVs&bpctr=1610041725

I don't get what your point is. Yes, she should have been stopped outside the capitol without lethal force. But once she's inside, nearing the last line of defense, with a mob behind her, then what?

I blame whoever planned (?) the security ahead of this event.

dividendman

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6517 on: January 07, 2021, 12:01:54 PM »

Wow, that reddit video is brutal.

former player

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #6518 on: January 07, 2021, 12:02:03 PM »

If she was ex-military she was very possibly trained to kill without weapons.  Would you want to chance the VP's life that she wasn't?

Montecarlo

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #6519 on: January 07, 2021, 12:02:15 PM »

Dude, please. Everyone has seen the video where she broke the window and then tried to climb into the chamber where Secret Service was protecting the Vice President and Members of Congress. She did this to herself.

I didn't say anything to the contrary, did I?

ender

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #6520 on: January 07, 2021, 12:03:32 PM »
I bet the secret service were told to hold that line with deadly force if necessary as the VP and SoH (?) were behind it.  Poor woman did not know exactly what she was doing, but she deserved what she got.

She might have not expected to get shot (white privilege?) but I'm not sure that there's any chance someone literally breaking into the Capitol of the United States of America while congress was there in an attempt to undermine the election results has any excuse.

It's absolutely batshit insane to not expect deadly force to be used in situations like this.

I think it's a miracle more people didn't die.

Montecarlo

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #6521 on: January 07, 2021, 12:03:44 PM »
If she was ex-military she was very possibly trained to kill without weapons.  Would you want to chance the VP's life that she wasn't?

rofl.  okay, you guys got me.  She was definitely trying to kill Pence with her bare hands, solo, taking on the Capitol Police and the Secret Service.  You guys got me, I was just trolling.

WhiteTrashCash

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6522 on: January 07, 2021, 12:03:50 PM »

Do you think she was breaking windows and trying to climb into the room with the Vice President to give him a hug and a cookie?

Aelias

• Bristles
« Reply #6523 on: January 07, 2021, 12:04:24 PM »
In hindsight, after watching the live footage on TV here, the most surprising is problaby how little surprised I was yesterday. Not saying I expected to see some dude sitting in Pelosis' chair in her office or anything like that, but I have over the last years learnt that pretty much anything is possible. Also republican politicians contesting and dragging out the confirmation after all the mayhem happened. That's a whole different league of sad, I mean at least those should in theory be responsible adults.

I admit being quite surprised that they actually got into the building (apparantly) so easily, but the rest I guess is just the culimination of these 4 years of seer madness.

This is where I am.  I had a bunch of coworkers emailing about this yesterday, and I was just uncharacteristically quiet.  Because what is there to say?  The people who crowed for months about a stolen election -- what did they think was going to happen?

And, if I've learned anything in the past four years, it's that you still have to do your shit even when the world is crumbling around you.  No matter what else is going on in the world, I have to take care of my family and I have to do my job.  And those obligations don't go away just because I'm terrified or outraged or heartbroken. Where was I when the Capitol was mobbed? Stuck at home because of the pandemic, watching my kids, and working.  Same as every day!

Am I angry that these people desecrated The People's House in an attempt to overturn the result of a free and fair democratic election?  Sure.  But not as angry as I was about Breonna Taylor getting murdered in her house.  Or migrant kids being separated from their parents. Or, hell, even going to war in Iraq on bad evidence.  Was I scared? Maybe a little, but not as much as I am scared of dying of Covid.  Or the climate crisis. 

All of which is to say, yesterday proved to me that my outrage is fully maxed out.  I have nothing left.  This is sad, but anyone claiming to be shocked hasn't been paying attention.

WhiteTrashCash

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6524 on: January 07, 2021, 12:05:03 PM »

rofl.  okay, you guys got me.  She was definitely trying to kill Pence with her bare hands, solo, taking on the Capitol Police and the Secret Service.  You guys got me, I was just trolling.

We will bow to your obvious psychology training, because you are right that enraged mobs always act rationally and they are never ever dangerous. /s

Montecarlo

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #6525 on: January 07, 2021, 12:05:24 PM »
Do you think she was breaking windows and trying to climb into the room with the Vice President to give him a hug and a cookie?

Okay, so the ONLY alternative to baseless speculation about homicide intentions is baseless speculation about cookies?

I actually forgot to do my vulcan mind meld with her that morning.

ixtap

• Magnum Stache
    • Our Sea Story
« Reply #6526 on: January 07, 2021, 12:05:32 PM »

The capitol police were supposed to know that she just had a teddy bear in her backpack when attempting to break into the chamber where they were holding the last line of defense!

My initial thought was that she was probably someone caught up and may not have known precisely where she was entering, but her social media suggests that she was much more intentional than I wanted to give her credit for.

Montecarlo

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #6527 on: January 07, 2021, 12:06:11 PM »
I've said my piece, it's now just getting repetitive.  Cheers!

dividendman

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6528 on: January 07, 2021, 12:09:49 PM »

Watched it again, I don't know what's more sad, her dying, or a bunch of dudes just recording it on their selfie sticks.

JLee

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #6529 on: January 07, 2021, 12:12:56 PM »

The capitol police were supposed to know that she just had a teddy bear in her backpack when attempting to break into the chamber where they were holding the last line of defense!

My initial thought was that she was probably someone caught up and may not have known precisely where she was entering, but her social media suggests that she was much more intentional than I wanted to give her credit for.

Remember, the typical super-right-wing person who'd be likely to be present for this event is the exact same type of person who would be looking for an excuse to shoot someone trespassing on their property.  The cognitive dissonance must be deafening.

JLee

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #6530 on: January 07, 2021, 12:14:16 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ehnpwH_0b8

Yeah, no cause for alarm...can't imagine how this "baseless speculation" about people intending to harm the Vice President came about.  WE'LL NEVER KNOW!
« Last Edit: January 07, 2021, 12:17:35 PM by JLee »

ender

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #6531 on: January 07, 2021, 12:14:31 PM »

Okay, so the ONLY alternative to baseless speculation about homicide intentions is baseless speculation about cookies?

I actually forgot to do my vulcan mind meld with her that morning.

What do you think should have happened here?

A woman who was warned multiple times, presented with an obviously barricaded door where there are people with guns drawn standing right behind it jumps up and tries to charge over the barricade.

I mean... what do you think should happen.

There are people who are breaking property (look at the windows there) and forcibly attempting entry to the second most important person in American government. They are trying to force themselves past an obvious barrier.

Maybe she lived her whole life in a bubble where actions don't have consequences, but that's just not how reality works. This isn't a video game where you can replay if you fuck up.

frugalnacho

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #6532 on: January 07, 2021, 12:18:03 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ehnpwH_0b8

Yeah, no cause for alarm...

No no, they are chanting "boo urns".

OtherJen

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #6533 on: January 07, 2021, 12:30:45 PM »
The president won't address the nation but will take the time to call in and receive adulation from the Republican National Convention.

Anyone who still had any question about the loyalty of the GOP to cult leader over country, here's your answer.

OtherJen

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #6534 on: January 07, 2021, 12:36:04 PM »

What exactly are you trying to argue, then?

bacchi

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #6535 on: January 07, 2021, 12:38:40 PM »

There are very fine people on both sides.

Montecarlo

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #6536 on: January 07, 2021, 12:52:22 PM »

What do you think should have happened here?

A woman who was warned multiple times, presented with an obviously barricaded door where there are people with guns drawn standing right behind it jumps up and tries to charge over the barricade.

I mean... what do you think should happen.

Asked and answered.  I supported the police response.

Montecarlo

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #6537 on: January 07, 2021, 12:53:57 PM »

It's been very clear what I've been arguing, against speculation and for calmer rhetoric.  With Trump about to be purged it's time.  You guys seem to have taken that to mean I support these fools.  What can I do?

Glenstache

• Magnum Stache
  • FI(lean) working on the "RE"
« Reply #6538 on: January 07, 2021, 12:57:06 PM »
Pelosi has told Pence that if he doesn't invoke the 25th in a day, she is prepared to move forward with impeachment. 25th is clearly the cleanest option for all involved, sycophants aside.

bacchi

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #6539 on: January 07, 2021, 12:59:58 PM »
Pelosi has told Pence that if he doesn't invoke the 25th in a day, she is prepared to move forward with impeachment. 25th is clearly the cleanest option for all involved, sycophants aside.

Unfortunately, the 25th requires a majority of the Cabinet. If the more patriotic Cabinet members resign, that leaves the loyalists behind.

Impeachment is gonna happen.

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #6540 on: January 07, 2021, 01:01:09 PM »
Who gives a fuck about impeachment?  Not Trump.

American GenX

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #6541 on: January 07, 2021, 01:02:14 PM »

The shooting was unjustified.   I also notice there's an extreme bias in the media about this.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/mainstream-lawlessness-trump-dc-riots-inexcusable-unrest-police

The media went out of its way in 2020 to paint sometimes-violent protests across the nation as mostly "peaceful," but finally came around on Wednesday to the notion that mayhem and anarchy is always unacceptable – all it took was Trump supporters causing the chaos to spark a swift change of heart.

Anyway, glad Trump's days in office are dwindling.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2021, 01:04:05 PM by American GenX »

FIPurpose

• Handlebar Stache
    • FI With Purpose
« Reply #6542 on: January 07, 2021, 01:02:55 PM »
How is that precog? It's just regular cog. She is actively breaching the capital during a full session with a backpack on and was warned to stop.  That in and of itself warrants deadly force.

Hold on, do you know the rules of engagement for the Capitol Police?  I sure as hell don't.  I don't know if it was a good shooting or not.  I made no claims about the shooting.  You say terrorist, but I see no evidence she was going to harm anyone.  (I certainly see evidence she was fucking nuts).

I'm confused, you thought all these people stormed the capitol to what? Have a picnic?

I don't know, to do exactly what they did???  Stop the session, destroy property, make fools of themselves, get on TV, express support for Trump, express outrage about the election results.  Those are things they DID.  So, that's what I think they stormed the Capitol to do.  How is that crazy?

Ok what if they were able to successfully steal the elector ballot boxes that stored the certified votes? What if they managed to kidnap or murder a member of congress?  What if someone simply went into a member's office and stole state secrets that then led to the endangerment of Americans' lives at home or abroad?

Breaking and entering of this magnitude is a felony. Breaking and entering the Capitol Building in an unlawful manner is a felony. I wouldn't be surprised if 50-100 people from this riot are sent to jail. But they may be trying to keep the names under wrap in order to prevent Trump from pardoning them.

ixtap

• Magnum Stache
    • Our Sea Story
« Reply #6543 on: January 07, 2021, 01:04:31 PM »

Why do you think the 25th is cleaner?

On the surface, I prefer barring him from future office with impeach and remove, but I admit I am not familiar with the finer points.

bacchi

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #6544 on: January 07, 2021, 01:05:30 PM »
Who gives a fuck about impeachment?  Not Trump.

There's an assumption that there's a greater than average chance that he would get the boot. There's a new Senate and some of the Republicans with a spine, like Romney, would vote to remove from office.

John Galt incarnate!

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6545 on: January 07, 2021, 01:07:29 PM »

If I were on duty "possible suicide bomber" would come to mind the instant I saw she was wearing a backpack.

Montecarlo

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #6546 on: January 07, 2021, 01:07:42 PM »

The shooting was unjustified.   I also notice there's an extreme bias in the media about this.

I don't necessarily agree with this.  I was on the fence, but someone mentioned the backpack, and I agree.  The police do have an obligation to protect, and no telling what she had in that backpack.  Normally I would advocate the police giving the citizenry the benefit of the doubt, like don't shoot lawfully armed homeowners.  But this is a much different scenario.  None of us know what the guidelines are for deadly force for the Capitol Police, so it's all speculation really.

FIPurpose

• Handlebar Stache
    • FI With Purpose
« Reply #6547 on: January 07, 2021, 01:08:06 PM »

Why do you think the 25th is cleaner?

On the surface, I prefer barring him from future office with impeach and remove, but I admit I am not familiar with the finer points.

The 25th amendment doesn't require a trial, gathering of evidence, and committee hearings for deposition by the House and Senate which would run multiple days very likely. The 25th amendment instead only requires a written note from the VP and Cabinet to depose the President. The President can challenge it and then congress can override the challenge with a 2/3 vote.

Montecarlo

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #6548 on: January 07, 2021, 01:09:08 PM »
Ok what if they were able to successfully steal the elector ballot boxes that stored the certified votes? What if they managed to kidnap or murder a member of congress?  What if someone simply went into a member's office and stole state secrets that then led to the endangerment of Americans' lives at home or abroad?

Breaking and entering of this magnitude is a felony. Breaking and entering the Capitol Building in an unlawful manner is a felony. I wouldn't be surprised if 50-100 people from this riot are sent to jail. But they may be trying to keep the names under wrap in order to prevent Trump from pardoning them.

I'm not sure why you think I would disagree with any of that, but the tone of your voice suggests you expect me to.

Kris

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #6549 on: January 07, 2021, 01:09:56 PM »

No kidding.

She deserved it, though. RIP.