Author Topic: Trump outrage of the day  (Read 779122 times)

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
Re: Trump outrage of the day
« Reply #5900 on: December 06, 2020, 07:33:52 AM »
Trump has been threatening Brian Kemp to overturn the election in Georgia. How is that not tampering with the election? Isn't Trump trying to rig the election? If so, why doesn't he get arrested for this? If you or I threatened a Governor and tried to sway an election a certain way, wouldn't they put us in jail?

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/georgia-gov-brian-kemp-trump_n_5fcbebf8c5b6636e0925c594

As we've learned from Trump, a president in office is above the law of the land and cannot be held accountable like a regular citizen.  He is an untouchable king.

Omy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5901 on: December 06, 2020, 07:49:29 AM »
He is an untouchable king if the Senate supports him.

OtherJen

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5903 on: December 06, 2020, 02:01:08 PM »
Well, shit. Does this mean we won't have to listen to his flatulence for the next 10 days? Conveniently, this will put Giuliani in quarantine until after the Electoral College meets.

Rudy Giuliani Tests Positive For Coronavirus, Trump Says

meghan88

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #5904 on: December 06, 2020, 03:26:17 PM »
Well, shit. Does this mean we won't have to listen to his flatulence for the next 10 days? Conveniently, this will put Giuliani in quarantine until after the Electoral College meets.

Wow, COVID jumped species again ... back to bat.

Glenstache

• Magnum Stache
  • FI(lean) working on the "RE"
« Reply #5905 on: December 06, 2020, 05:26:50 PM »

I mean, technically, Trump said he tested positive for the China Virus.

Abe

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5906 on: December 06, 2020, 07:33:28 PM »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/survey-who-won-election-republicans-congress/2020/12/04/1a1011f6-3650-11eb-8d38-6aea1adb3839_story.html

To be fair, the article could equally accurately have a headline of "Republicans don't immediately respond to hastily arranged survey within the minimal response time provided".

Or "90% of Republicans who responded to hastily arranged survey within the minimal response time provided acknowledge Biden won".

Clickbait nonsense articles are not helping. That's why I stopped subscribing to WaPo after Bezos bought them.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2020, 07:35:03 PM by Abe »

JLee

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5907 on: December 06, 2020, 11:17:56 PM »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/survey-who-won-election-republicans-congress/2020/12/04/1a1011f6-3650-11eb-8d38-6aea1adb3839_story.html

To be fair, the article could equally accurately have a headline of "Republicans don't immediately respond to hastily arranged survey within the minimal response time provided".

Or "90% of Republicans who responded to hastily arranged survey within the minimal response time provided acknowledge Biden won".

Clickbait nonsense articles are not helping. That's why I stopped subscribing to WaPo after Bezos bought them.

How much response time do you consider sufficient to state which person won the election?  If someone asked you Thursday morning, do you think you'd be able to answer by the end of the day on Friday?

The alleged hastiness you claim is irrelevant to the question.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2020, 11:22:17 PM by JLee »

jim555

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5908 on: December 07, 2020, 01:53:08 AM »
Wow, COVID jumped species again ... back to bat.
Now we know where COVID-21 will come from - Rudy.

partgypsy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5909 on: December 07, 2020, 06:02:01 AM »
When I heard the news about Rudy, this song popped in my head https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YuS698b0ess

Roadrunner53

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5910 on: December 07, 2020, 07:52:34 AM »
Barr may plan to bail out before Trump leaves office. This could be really bad if Trump puts in one of his yes men to investigate and claim there was fraudulent activity.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/06/politics/william-barr-considering-leaving-office/index.html

partgypsy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5911 on: December 07, 2020, 08:13:55 AM »
I thought Barr WAS his yes man?

talltexan

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5912 on: December 07, 2020, 08:18:00 AM »
LOL, yeah, imagine what could happen if Trump was able to appoint an attorney general who *checks notes* believed in the unitary executive theory of government.

Just Joe

• Walrus Stache
  • Teach me something.
« Reply #5913 on: December 07, 2020, 08:48:50 AM »
https://twitter.com/ryanjreilly/status/1334344279305695232?s=20

This clip just keeps getting funnier every time I watch it.

What a legacy to be proud of for Rudy...

Has anyone ELSE reviewed that evidence than the Trump team? Is it published on the web somewhere? Or is Rudy just waving around a three ring binder with a bunch of paper in it?

Just Joe

• Walrus Stache
  • Teach me something.
« Reply #5914 on: December 07, 2020, 08:51:52 AM »

And that is scary as hell. Checks and balances they taught us in school.

Like everything else in this country - it all sounds good. Reality is a little different.

We have a great "PR department" in this country. All these great words like freedom (for who?), free markets (for who?), etc etc.

OtherJen

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5915 on: December 07, 2020, 08:55:16 AM »

Has anyone ELSE reviewed that evidence than the Trump team? Is it published on the web somewhere? Or is Rudy just waving around a three ring binder with a bunch of paper in it?

Which evidence? Trump's team has been booted out of dozens of courts because the judges reviewed the cases and found no credible evidence.

Here in Michigan, they submitted (among other things) data from Minnesota, data from MI municipalities that they misreported and for which the correct data are publicly available, and even made-up data from a non-existent county.

talltexan

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5916 on: December 07, 2020, 09:01:36 AM »
Will they give Rudy the monoclonal therapy (like they did for the President)?

Or will they withhold it from him (like they did for Herman Caine)?

Just Joe

• Walrus Stache
  • Teach me something.
« Reply #5917 on: December 07, 2020, 09:02:21 AM »
Good point. I assumed it was a binder of heresay and rumor. More or less what my most outspoken coworkers are parroting. Just witnessed another watercooler type conversation in support of the Trump rumors.

The treatment: interesting question! I'll bet he gets routine care, not Trump special care. Imagine if Rudy passes away from COVID.

the_fixer

• Handlebar Stache
  • mind on my money money on my mind
« Reply #5918 on: December 07, 2020, 09:09:13 AM »
They authorized it for Ben Carson when he was sick.

When I heard Rudy went to the hospital I assumed it was so he could get the treatment ASAP and get back on the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

talltexan

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5919 on: December 07, 2020, 09:12:29 AM »
Carson holds a cabinet position. Rudy has never held a cabinet position.

frugalnacho

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5920 on: December 07, 2020, 09:19:14 AM »

Pretty sure they are just gas lighting us.  Claiming we (anyone) simply won't review the evidence and waving a binder around, when the reality is there is no evidence. None credible.

nereo

• Senior Mustachian
    • Here's how you can support science today:
« Reply #5921 on: December 07, 2020, 09:32:30 AM »
Consider:

• Trump is on the hook for about $421MM in debt that he's personally guaranteed, most of which is due in the next few years
  • Trump has raised over $210MM since election day for his Super PAC to "legal challenges to this RIGGED election"
  • Less than $9MM of that money raised has actually gone towards legal challenges to the election.
  • Donations to Trump's super PAC can be used "to offset debt".
Obvious conclusion:  Trump is leveraging this "Stop The Steal" nonsense for the express purpose of paying off his debt before leaving office.  I personally question whether he truly believes the election was rigged against him, but instead think he's just using it as another convenient con to line his own pockets.

ixtap

• Magnum Stache
    • Our Sea Story
« Reply #5922 on: December 07, 2020, 09:40:14 AM »
Consider:

• Trump is on the hook for about $421MM in debt that he's personally guaranteed, most of which is due in the next few years
  • Trump has raised over $210MM since election day for his Super PAC to "legal challenges to this RIGGED election"
  • Less than $9MM of that money raised has actually gone towards legal challenges to the election.
Obvious conclusion:  Trump is leveraging this "Stop The Steal" nonsense for the express purpose of paying off his debt before leaving office.  I personally question whether he truly believes the election was rigged against him, but instead think he's just using it as another convenient con to line his own pockets.

I think the difference between a pathological liar and a sociopath is that neither actually has a believe/ don't believe switch, but the sociopath is fascinated by those who do and is just pushing buttons to see what they can get other people to believe.

Roadrunner53

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5923 on: December 07, 2020, 09:42:43 AM »
Yes, this is an obvious conclusion that he will keep promoting till the day he leaves to rake in more and more money.

Psychstache

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5924 on: December 07, 2020, 09:46:08 AM »
Yes, this is an obvious conclusion that he will keep promoting till the day he leaves to rake in more and more money.

That's ridiculous. He will keep promoting long after he has left office.

OtherJen

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5925 on: December 07, 2020, 10:04:44 AM »

Of course he will. Somebody's got to pay his debts. Now he has a cult of true-believers who will do whatever he asks. Of course he'll continue to exploit them. He's already back to holding rallies (under the guise of supporting GOP senatorial candidates because of course that's a great use of his presidential duties during major public health and economic crises).

nereo

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #5926 on: December 07, 2020, 10:48:29 AM »

Of course he will. Somebody's got to pay his debts. Now he has a cult of true-believers who will do whatever he asks. Of course he'll continue to exploit them. He's already back to holding rallies (under the guise of supporting GOP senatorial candidates because of course that's a great use of his presidential duties during major public health and economic crises).

Speaking of rallies - did anyone hear the latest one?  He was ostensibly there to promote the two GOP candidates in the Georgia run-off election.  He spent about 10 minutes total talking about the candidates and the race, and over an hour and a half on himself and his own list of grievances.
...of course his followers lapped it all up, but I can help by wonder how dangerously effective he could be if he could manage to stay on script and on message.

LennStar

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5927 on: December 07, 2020, 10:48:42 AM »

I wonder if there are already ghostwriters typing down his books. For the Church of Trumpology. Get THE TRUTH in 25 levels for just $500 starting, doubling each level.

OtherJen

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5928 on: December 07, 2020, 11:22:24 AM »
Michigan, yet again.

Michigan Secretary Of State Says Armed Protesters Descended On Her Home Saturday (NPR)

Michigan Secretary of State Jocelyn Benson says "dozens" of armed protesters descended on her home Saturday night, using megaphones to disrupt what had been a quiet evening with her young son. It was meant to intimidate her, Benson said — adding that it didn't work.

The crowd was made up of people angry over President Trump's election loss. They shouted and chanted slogans outside Benson's house in a Detroit neighborhood, echoing conspiracy theories about the Nov. 3 voting process.

Remember, this is after the militia plot to kidnap our governor.

Also, the state reps present at last week's now infamous Giuliani kangaroo court are getting threatening messages. Rep. Johnson from Detroit, a black woman, has been threatened with lynching. Black Michigan lawmaker posts voicemails saying she should be lynched (Detroit Free Press)

Trump and his campaign are fueling domestic terrorism and what increasingly appears to be sedition.

OzzieandHarriet

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5929 on: December 07, 2020, 02:28:43 PM »
Will he go through with this or is he just yanking our chains (yet again)?

https://www.axios.com/trump-biden-inauguration-florida-rally-78b56134-54ae-4113-ad0a-ae29cd5c7be1.html

partgypsy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5930 on: December 07, 2020, 02:52:14 PM »
Consider:

Some want their money back, because the money did not go towards what they said it was going for. 
https://www.wral.com/nc-businessman-wants-his-money-back-after-donating-millions-to-pro-trump-group-to-investigate-voter-fraud/19408939/

I think the difference between a pathological liar and a sociopath is that neither actually has a believe/ don't believe switch, but the sociopath is fascinated by those who do and is just pushing buttons to see what they can get other people to believe.

partgypsy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5931 on: December 07, 2020, 02:54:11 PM »
And some of those donors want their money back, after they realized the money is not going towards what they thought it was going towards. Um, good luck with that?

https://www.wral.com/nc-businessman-wants-his-money-back-after-donating-millions-to-pro-trump-group-to-investigate-voter-fraud/19408939/

partgypsy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5932 on: December 07, 2020, 02:57:11 PM »
Will he go through with this or is he just yanking our chains (yet again)?

https://www.axios.com/trump-biden-inauguration-florida-rally-78b56134-54ae-4113-ad0a-ae29cd5c7be1.html

what an amazing BABY he is. Wah wah no one is paying attention to me

Glenstache

• Magnum Stache
  • FI(lean) working on the "RE"
« Reply #5933 on: December 07, 2020, 03:34:45 PM »
And some of those donors want their money back, after they realized the money is not going towards what they thought it was going towards. Um, good luck with that?

Boy, that was an expensive lesson in how to identify fraud.

scottish

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5934 on: December 07, 2020, 05:16:22 PM »
Lesson #1 in business.

Never give a Trump money up front.

dandarc

• Walrus Stache
  • Pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #5935 on: December 07, 2020, 05:43:12 PM »
Lesson #1 in business.

Never give a Trump money up front.
Corellary: if you are doing business with a Trump, demand your payment, in full, up front

OzzieandHarriet

• Handlebar Stache

Travis

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5937 on: December 07, 2020, 09:59:18 PM »

talltexan

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5938 on: December 08, 2020, 07:02:43 AM »
The thing with Trump is...it will never stop.

Even after the electoral college votes, he'll still be filing lawsuits, holding rallies, tweeting. He's going to take a position as a "shadow President", threatening to unleash his influence against any Republicans who make a move to compromise with Pres. Biden, holding the conservative line against any meaningful progress that could be made in the public sector. And all of these moves will generate additional fund-raising. You cannot put the toothpaste back in the tube.

Travis

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5939 on: December 08, 2020, 07:28:01 AM »
The thing with Trump is...it will never stop.

Even after the electoral college votes, he'll still be filing lawsuits, holding rallies, tweeting. He's going to take a position as a "shadow President", threatening to unleash his influence against any Republicans who make a move to compromise with Pres. Biden, holding the conservative line against any meaningful progress that could be made in the public sector. And all of these moves will generate additional fund-raising. You cannot put the toothpaste back in the tube.

He spends most of his speeches talking about himself. It doesn't matter the topic. He gave a Presidential Medal of Freedom to a famous athlete today and in talking about the guy's wrestling record, threw in a quip about his "wins." His Georgia rally was supposed to be to help the two Senate candidates. Most of it was him talking about his lawsuits.  Moderate Republicans won't want to be associated with him, but if he's intent on becoming some new standard-bearer for the party, then he'll be backing the Qanon types and probably do well getting them elected.

Roadrunner53

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5940 on: December 08, 2020, 09:52:22 AM »
Do you think Donald could keep keep his mouth shut if this was true?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/former-israeli-space-security-chief-135211193.html

sherr

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5941 on: December 08, 2020, 09:58:57 AM »
Do you think Donald could keep keep his mouth shut if this was true?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/former-israeli-space-security-chief-135211193.html

While probably a bad fit for this thread, this is such a crazy thing that I just don't even know where to begin. Obviously Trump would not keep his mouth shut about something like that. It's also obviously just plain bonkers to start with. But it's also weird that someone this bonkers managed to make it to the rank of Generals and head up a space agency. If he's not bonkers, what's the angle? I guess getting paid to speak at conspiracy-theorist conventions is one way to spend a retirement...

talltexan

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5942 on: December 08, 2020, 11:34:34 AM »
Contact from extra-terrestrial beings represents the sort of massive threat that Trump could downplay quickly and easily. Source: winter 2019-2020 re: the corona virus.

frugalnacho

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5943 on: December 08, 2020, 11:38:18 AM »
You guys say there is no way he could keep something like that secret, but he is the president and is privy to a ton of classified information, and to my knowledge I'm not aware of massive leaks of this classified information. 

sherr

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5944 on: December 08, 2020, 11:44:54 AM »
You guys say there is no way he could keep something like that secret, but he is the president and is privy to a ton of classified information, and to my knowledge I'm not aware of massive leaks of this classified information.

Can you imagine being the president who announces the existence of extraterrestrial life? And not just microbial life, but the existence of some grand interstellar Federation, that are present here in the solar system? That one thing would single-handedly rewrite Trump's page in the history books, along with altering everything that comes after. There's no way he would turn that down.

Also, ha ha, very funny.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2020, 11:49:08 AM by sherr »

nereo

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #5945 on: December 08, 2020, 11:50:21 AM »
no?  I mean, it was pretty public when he leaked a bunch of classified information to a Russian foreign minister.
Or that time when he talked about classified info to Abe in earshot of a bunch of other diners at Lago?

Roadrunner53

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5946 on: December 08, 2020, 11:57:37 AM »
I wonder if the extraterrestrial beings wrote beautiful love letters to Trump?

What nicknames has he given them? 

frugalnacho

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5947 on: December 08, 2020, 11:58:18 AM »
Alright I guess he does leak classified information, and it just got lost in the mix of the terrible things he's done.  Shame on me for giving him the benefit of the doubt.  You'd think I'd have learned how deplorable he is by now. 

ixtap

• Magnum Stache
    • Our Sea Story
« Reply #5948 on: December 08, 2020, 12:01:58 PM »
Alright I guess he does leak classified information, and it just got lost in the mix of the terrible things he's done.  Shame on me for giving him the benefit of the doubt.  You'd think I'd have learned how deplorable he is by now.

I was more worried about your assumption that he reads most of the classified information that crosses his desk.

frugalnacho

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5949 on: December 08, 2020, 12:10:55 PM »
Not all, but he's immersed in it all day.  Even my 3 year old is picking up a lot of information from the ambient noise around him.