Author Topic: Trump outrage of the day  (Read 779050 times)

Luke Warm

• Pencil Stache
Re: Trump outrage of the day
« Reply #5600 on: November 17, 2020, 10:00:05 AM »
Meanwhile, Trump's yes-man covid guy is giving patently bad advice. Yes, the isolation of the elderly is terrible, but this is not the solution.
https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/atlas-urges-people-to-spend-thanksgiving-with-elderly-despite-covid-because-they-may-die-soon

I swear their strategy is just to shake the magic 8 ball until it tells them something they like to hear.

It's a self fulfilling prophecy. 

The same way I urge all my motorcycle riding friends to drive drunk and not wear helmets.  I mean, you're gonna die very soon anyway, especially if you heed my advice.

yeah, and what's with all those seat belts? car crashes are a hoax.

Psychstache

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5601 on: November 17, 2020, 10:01:38 AM »
Meanwhile, Trump's yes-man covid guy is giving patently bad advice. Yes, the isolation of the elderly is terrible, but this is not the solution.
https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/atlas-urges-people-to-spend-thanksgiving-with-elderly-despite-covid-because-they-may-die-soon

I swear their strategy is just to shake the magic 8 ball until it tells them something they like to hear.

It's a self fulfilling prophecy. 

The same way I urge all my motorcycle riding friends to drive drunk and not wear helmets.  I mean, you're gonna die very soon anyway, especially if you heed my advice.

yeah, and what's with all those seat belts? car crashes are a hoax.

I was in a car accident once. small bruise on my arm, I was over it in a few days. Just like bumping into someone in a hallway. No big deal.

bacchi

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5602 on: November 17, 2020, 10:36:18 AM »
I can't keep my eyes away from the crazy.

Lin Wood, Trump attorney, is hinting that his phone is bugged (or maybe the left is controlling the signal?) because of the "truth missiles" he's about to deliver re: the election and fraudulent votes. No explanation about why he didn't tweet the truth or tell Fox or OAN or Breitbart.

Quote from: https://twitter.com/LLinWood/status/1328474078819344386
Call abruptly ended as I was about to fire another truth missile. Lots of odd events occurring with my cell service. Is anyone else noticing cell issues or is it just me?

Remember several-hour 911 outage a few weeks ago? Media did not report it or try to explain it.

Why not?

This search for a deep state conspiracy gives people meaning in their lives. It's a never-ending, very complex, LARP with a satisfying ending "2 weeks from now."*

* The latest "2 weeks" is from Scott Adams, https://mobile.twitter.com/ScottAdamsSays/status/1327935689405599744

nereo

• Senior Mustachian
    • Here's how you can support science today:
« Reply #5603 on: November 17, 2020, 10:41:28 AM »

Lin Wood, Trump attorney, is hinting that his phone is bugged (or maybe the left is controlling the signal?) because of the "truth missiles" he's about to deliver re: the election and fraudulent votes. No explanation about why he didn't tweet the truth or tell Fox or OAN or Breitbart.

Call abruptly ended as I was about to fire another truth missile. Lots of odd events occurring with my cell service. Is anyone else noticing cell issues or is it just me?

Remember several-hour 911 outage a few weeks ago? Media did not report it or try to explain it.

Why not?

This search for a deep state conspiracy gives people meaning in their lives. It's a never-ending, very complex, LARP with a satisfying ending "2 weeks from now."*

* The latest "2 weeks" is from Scott Adams, https://mobile.twitter.com/ScottAdamsSays/status/1327935689405599744

Well Trump is about to reveal his “beautiful” health care plan any day now, as well as all the evidence his private investigators have unearthed about Obama’s origin. Any day now...  it’s shocking, i tell you.

Glenstache

• Magnum Stache
  • FI(lean) working on the "RE"
« Reply #5604 on: November 17, 2020, 11:18:04 AM »

Why not?

Seems apropros:

Travis

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5605 on: November 17, 2020, 02:29:31 PM »

Why not?

His lawyers are something like 2 for 12 with these lawsuits and those two "wins" didn't change a single vote, but any day now a 'big' bombshell of a lawsuit will hit the streets.  The same guys over and over again telling the news "we're just ensuring a fair election/every vote is counted/the fraud is obvious" are getting just plain boring at this point. 

bacchi

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5606 on: November 17, 2020, 05:14:03 PM »
Chris Krebs is out, fired by tweet.

Krebs contradicted the President's claims about fraudulent votes.

OtherJen

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5607 on: November 17, 2020, 05:38:50 PM »
My vote still isn't certified. Fuck this shit and the cult of Trump.

Detroit Free Press: GOP members of Wayne County Board of Canvassers vote against certifying election results

On Tuesday, the two Republican members of the Wayne County Board of Canvassers cast an unprecedented vote against certifying the county's November election results for the county's 43 jurisdictions, including Detroit, Michigan's largest voting jurisdiction.

OtherJen

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5608 on: November 17, 2020, 05:55:29 PM »
Also, WaPo: Trump campaign challenges Nevada results

The Trump campaign said it is challenging Nevada’s election results under a state law that lets candidates contest an election based on allegedly fraudulent votes and other grounds.

In a document filed Tuesday, Republicans asked a state court in Carson City to declare Trump the winner of Nevada’s six presidential electors or to annul the election entirely, meaning no winner would be certified from Nevada. The document promises evidence of fraud but does not provide it.

bacchi

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5609 on: November 17, 2020, 05:58:54 PM »

The Trump campaign said it is challenging Nevada’s election results under a state law that lets candidates contest an election based on allegedly fraudulent votes and other grounds.

In a document filed Tuesday, Republicans asked a state court in Carson City to declare Trump the winner of Nevada’s six presidential electors or to annul the election entirely, meaning no winner would be certified from Nevada. The document promises evidence of fraud but does not provide it.

That seems to be the current strategy -- delay certification long enough through frivolous lawsuits so that certification is impossible, tossing the election to the House, which would elect Trump.

the_fixer

• Handlebar Stache
  • mind on my money money on my mind
Trump outrage of the day
« Reply #5610 on: November 17, 2020, 07:20:29 PM »

Detroit Free Press: GOP members of Wayne County Board of Canvassers vote against certifying election results

On Tuesday, the two Republican members of the Wayne County Board of Canvassers cast an unprecedented vote against certifying the county's November election results for the county's 43 jurisdictions, including Detroit, Michigan's largest voting jurisdiction.
Sounds like they just change the vote and certified it.

Sounds like time to have a nice cup of your favorite beverage and sleep well tonight :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OtherJen

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5611 on: November 17, 2020, 07:52:28 PM »

Sounds like they just change the vote and certified it.

Sounds like time to have a nice cup of your favorite beverage and sleep well tonight :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes! Thank you.

Travis

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5612 on: November 17, 2020, 07:55:31 PM »

That seems to be the current strategy -- delay certification long enough through frivolous lawsuits so that certification is impossible, tossing the election to the House, which would elect Trump.

They better hope they get a different judge than the last couple cases. Those folks are as fed up with the crap lawsuits as the rest of us.

PDXTabs

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5613 on: November 17, 2020, 08:27:07 PM »

Trump Fires Election Security Director Who Corrected Voter Fraud Disinformation

I think that this might be his single largest attack on democracy and the normal functioning of our country.

Abe

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5614 on: November 17, 2020, 08:28:58 PM »
Do you think he will fire the entire executive branch by January ?

OtherJen

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5615 on: November 17, 2020, 08:38:17 PM »

They better hope they get a different judge than the last couple cases. Those folks are as fed up with the crap lawsuits as the rest of us.

This one seems particularly unhinged. "Give us the win or throw out all the ballots statewide" is not a sane campaign strategy. It's the Veruca Salt tactic.

Travis

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5616 on: November 17, 2020, 09:19:46 PM »
Do you think he will fire the entire executive branch by January ?

Somebody needs to buy him a windmill to poke at.

Trump Fires Election Security Director Who Corrected Voter Fraud Disinformation

I think that this might be his single largest attack on democracy and the normal functioning of our country.

At least the judiciary is earning its keep thus far.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2020, 09:22:32 PM by Travis »

MilesTeg

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5617 on: November 17, 2020, 11:03:36 PM »

This one seems particularly unhinged. "Give us the win or throw out all the ballots statewide" is not a sane campaign strategy. It's the Veruca Salt tactic.

Red meat for the cult to keep up hope and toss more money into that pit.

ministashy

• Stubble
« Reply #5618 on: November 18, 2020, 02:38:00 AM »
This article about QAnon and game theory is both eye-opening and pretty scary--I'd wondered why QAnon has gotten so much traction in the political and social media spheres, and this article is very thorough in explaining why:  https://medium.com/curiouserinstitute/a-game-designers-analysis-of-qanon-580972548be5

marty998

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5619 on: November 18, 2020, 03:23:44 AM »

Red meat for the cult to keep up hope and toss more money into that pit.

I did love the exchange between the judge and Guliani where the judge asks “and what scrutiny shall I apply?”, scrutiny in this context being a defined word applicable to constitutional law, and Rudi responded with “the normal kind”.

Failing his high school law classes there...

Travis

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5620 on: November 18, 2020, 04:46:53 AM »
He made just as much of a fool of himself as we thought he would. Some analysts were wondering if he even read the suit before showing up. He was a little light on basic procedures, lingo, and once again anything more substantial than wild accusations. You're not on Fox News anymore Rudy.

LennStar

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5621 on: November 18, 2020, 05:00:59 AM »
This article about QAnon and game theory is both eye-opening and pretty scary--I'd wondered why QAnon has gotten so much traction in the political and social media spheres, and this article is very thorough in explaining why:  https://medium.com/curiouserinstitute/a-game-designers-analysis-of-qanon-580972548be5
So in the words of a writer, QAnon is a Plot Bunny Factory.

But do they really think there is a person named Q telling them "search for X to find the answer"? I always thought that Q was a reference to Q from 007.

talltexan

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5622 on: November 18, 2020, 06:12:22 AM »
In the era before Trump, Giuliana had already built an eight-figure international security consulting firm. It's not clear to me Trump pays him. So why do you think he's sacrificing his reputation for this?

OtherJen

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5623 on: November 18, 2020, 06:16:33 AM »
In the era before Trump, Giuliana had already built an eight-figure international security consulting firm. It's not clear to me Trump pays him. So why do you think he's sacrificing his reputation for this?

Tit for tat. I suspect that either Trump is covering up something, or that Giuliani will be a central figure in any lawsuits opened against Trump after January 20.

I’m starting to suspect that the same is true of Lindsey Graham.

Travis

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5624 on: November 18, 2020, 06:41:28 AM »

Tit for tat. I suspect that either Trump is covering up something, or that Giuliani will be a central figure in any lawsuits opened against Trump after January 20.

I’m starting to suspect that the same is true of Lindsey Graham.

Rudy has been Trump's hype man for months.  My uneducated guess would be he was hoping to cash in as the man behind the man for the next four years and this is what he's left with.

sherr

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5625 on: November 18, 2020, 07:35:33 AM »
But do they really think there is a person named Q telling them "search for X to find the answer"? I always thought that Q was a reference to Q from 007.

No I think Q is a reference to Q Clearance in the Department of Energy, which this anonymous person supposedly has, which is why he knows about all of Trump's secret plans to take down the "pedophile Democrats" and how everything that happens is supposedly "just part of the plan".

nereo

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #5626 on: November 18, 2020, 07:50:16 AM »

Rudy is up to his eyeballs in debt - mostly the result of several marriages gone bad (IIRC he cheated).

frugalnacho

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5627 on: November 18, 2020, 07:59:13 AM »

Rudy is up to his eyeballs in debt - mostly the result of several marriages gone bad (IIRC he cheated).

Davnasty

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5628 on: November 18, 2020, 08:11:03 AM »
Giuliani may be the only person whose relationship with Trump is more damaging to Trump's reputation than it is to his own.

Roadrunner53

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5629 on: November 18, 2020, 08:52:03 AM »
So I want to know if Trump will pardon the Thanksgiving turkey this year?

talltexan

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5630 on: November 18, 2020, 08:52:51 AM »
I Imagine that he will do actual pardons of people. Why not?

frugalnacho

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5631 on: November 18, 2020, 09:12:54 AM »

Trump has more respect for a turkey than he does for women.

Montecarlo

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #5632 on: November 18, 2020, 10:25:44 AM »

Thanks for sharing.  I have a close family member, I don't know how he feels about QAnon, but he is very distraught about the election results and sees election rigging and media collusion everywhere.  It's been hard to watch.

Sugaree

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5633 on: November 18, 2020, 10:28:29 AM »

There is a podcast called Trashy Divorces.  The first one is about Rudy.

geekette

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5634 on: November 18, 2020, 10:45:46 AM »
From the latest spam email requesting money for his PAC, er "Election Defense Fund", T**** is claiming credit for SpaceX's launch to the space station.  Really?

frugalnacho

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5635 on: November 18, 2020, 12:07:33 PM »
He also claimed electoral victories in pennsylvania, georgia, north carolina, and michigan on November 4th.  He's also lied tens of thousands of other times.  It's absolutely insane the amount of lies that come out of him.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veracity_of_statements_by_Donald_Trump

bacchi

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5636 on: November 18, 2020, 12:14:34 PM »
The Trump campaign is now 1 for 27 in election lawsuits. Anyone know what the 1 win is? Is it the PA case where provisional ballots were tossed because of a lack of ID by the deadline?

Edit: Yes, it was the PA case. The Trump campaign shortened the ballot cure time to 3 days, disqualifying about 3,000 ballots.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2020, 12:22:34 PM by bacchi »

Montecarlo

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #5637 on: November 18, 2020, 12:54:12 PM »
The Trump campaign is now 1 for 27 in election lawsuits. Anyone know what the 1 win is? Is it the PA case where provisional ballots were tossed because of a lack of ID by the deadline?

Edit: Yes, it was the PA case. The Trump campaign shortened the ballot cure time to 3 days, disqualifying about 3,000 ballots.

I'm pretty sure the Tramp campaign does not have that authority?

ixtap

• Magnum Stache
    • Our Sea Story
« Reply #5638 on: November 18, 2020, 12:56:40 PM »

I'm pretty sure the Tramp campaign does not have that authority?

Local officials tried to extend the deadline shortly before the election and it was ruled that they couldn't do that. In other words, the Trump campaign's lawsuit was successful in resetting the shorter deadline. In (somewhat misleading, but nonetheless common usage) shorthand, the Trump campaign shortened the deadline

LennStar

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5639 on: November 18, 2020, 01:13:03 PM »

Thanks for sharing.  I have a close family member, I don't know how he feels about QAnon, but he is very distraught about the election results and sees election rigging and media collusion everywhere.  It's been hard to watch.
There is an easy way to decide if something is likely true, possible, unlikely or just a conspiracy theory.
It's called math.

You need
A) the number of people needed to pull it off
B) the number of people in the position to (relativly easy) see it and not saying anything (or shooting photos)
B) amount of public interest
D) time

Then you just 1/(A*B*C*D)= likelyhood of true (of course not a definite number, it's a rule of thumb)

For example, the Nazis were fairly informed about the atomic bomb, even though it was the most secret project ever and 2/3 of the budget went into hiding it. There were people working on the other side of a wall from the bomb not knowing what was done there, just delivering strange stuff.
But it involved so many people there were leaks.

If we take the election we have
A) thousands. At least.
B) possibly hundreds of thousands
C) Extreme
D) low

If you put the number together you come to the conclusion that a election with a rigging for Democrats that is bigger than the rigging already in place for Republicans is very very unlikely.

And if you look really really close, trust your eyes and don't take their words, you can see it is all the solar cell industry having bought all the media outlets so that they can take over the place of fracking, which is in trouble because of solar and because of low oil prices that are based on the fake Coronavirus!

Roadrunner53

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5640 on: November 18, 2020, 01:23:43 PM »
Wasn't the fake Corona virus supposed to disappear right after the election?

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #5641 on: November 18, 2020, 01:51:26 PM »

Is the election over?  I don't remember a concession speech from the current president.

Just Joe

• Walrus Stache
  • Teach me something.
« Reply #5642 on: November 18, 2020, 01:52:24 PM »
He made just as much of a fool of himself as we thought he would. Some analysts were wondering if he even read the suit before showing up. He was a little light on basic procedures, lingo, and once again anything more substantial than wild accusations. You're not on Fox News anymore Rudy.

One of yesterday's headlines said he's getting paid $20,000 a day to be Trump's legal counsel. Wonder if Trump would dare not pay him?

Kris

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5643 on: November 18, 2020, 01:53:01 PM »

Is the election over?  I don't remember a concession speech from the current president.

Here you go, courtesy of Jimmy Fallon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ao8pGE1V1sI&t=5m45s

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #5644 on: November 18, 2020, 01:53:41 PM »

Fake News!

frugalnacho

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5645 on: November 18, 2020, 01:58:58 PM »

Fake News!

“These are Dr. Fauci’s Trump's own words,” Tim Murtaugh, a campaign spokesman, said in an emailed statement. “The video is from a multiple nationally broadcast television interviews in which Dr. Fauci Trump was praising the work of the Trump administration Joe Biden. The words spoken are accurate and directly from Dr. Fauci’s Trump's mouth.”

ixtap

• Magnum Stache
    • Our Sea Story
« Reply #5646 on: November 18, 2020, 02:04:41 PM »

Fake News!

Has Trump ever uttered the word "humbly'???

Kris

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5647 on: November 18, 2020, 02:24:41 PM »

Fake News!

Has Trump ever uttered the word "humbly'???

I know, right? When I watched that video, my first reaction was, "Whoa, what speech was that from?!"

Edit: Aha. Of course. When he accepted the nomination in 2016. Reading, of course, from a speech written for him.

https://www.cnbc.com/video/2016/07/21/trump-i-humbly-and-gratefully-accept-the-nomination.html

scottish

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5648 on: November 18, 2020, 03:11:47 PM »
So in the words of a writer, QAnon is a Plot Bunny Factory.

Huh, I thought it was a reference to the Q-continuum.      (Another case of apophenia?)

nereo

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #5649 on: November 18, 2020, 03:41:35 PM »
I Imagine that he will do actual pardons of people. Why not?

I'm guessing they will be a surprise pardon(s) snuck onto the traditional pardoning of the White House turkeys.

"...  And in the spirit of Thanksgiving, and with the full authority of the office of the President of the United States, I bestow a FULL and ABSOLUTE pardon on these two FANTASTIC turkeys, and also Rudy Giuliani and Michael Flynn.  Thank you and god bless.  No questions."