Author Topic: Trump outrage of the day  (Read 779238 times)

bacchi

• Walrus Stache
Re: Trump outrage of the day
« Reply #5400 on: November 09, 2020, 10:14:19 AM »
Yeah, I've read the same Trump cultist comments ^^^ on thedonald and kiwifarms.

It's difficult to tell whether these people are all talk or whether they're on the verge and waiting for someone else to make the first move.

A lot are repeating the Frederick Douglas Four Boxes of Liberty phrase, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_boxes_of_liberty.

[T]he liberties of the American people were dependent upon the ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box; that without these no class of people could live and flourish in this country...

The fascinating part is that these posters truly believe that the Democrats are stealing the election. Their facts are wrong, and telling them otherwise is ignored or dismissed*, but they believe that they're the true patriots.

* For example, the "90% of people voted in Wisconsin!" myth.

ixtap

• Magnum Stache
    • Our Sea Story
« Reply #5401 on: November 09, 2020, 10:16:53 AM »
A friend of a friend passed along a story. Someone in their family was a contractor from NY and did work for Trump. Everything went smoothly until payment was due. Then suddenly the job was shabby and substandard. Contractor took Trump to court and fought until he couldn't afford to fight any more. Trump walked away with a free project. Contractor lost his business and his home. Of course I can't vouch for the quality of his work but Trump's part sounds about right...

This is why most folks who have actually worked with Trump end up hating him after a while. Come over to Atlantic City and take a poll of the contractors there- you'll hear many similar stories. He isn't a business genius, he's a grifter.

https://www.northjersey.com/story/news/columnists/mike-kelly/2020/01/24/donald-trump-still-owes-money-to-contractors-who-built-taj-mahal-atlantic-city/4547037002/

Yes. He also owes how many millions of dollars to cities all over the country for his rallies? Not paying his bills is his MO. It amazes me that anyone is willing to do business with him at this point.

And his followers view this as the proper way to run a business (and a government).

wenchsenior

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5402 on: November 09, 2020, 10:27:17 AM »

It's difficult to tell whether these people are all talk or whether they're on the verge and waiting for someone else to make the first move.

A lot are repeating the Frederick Douglas Four Boxes of Liberty phrase, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_boxes_of_liberty.

[T]he liberties of the American people were dependent upon the ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box; that without these no class of people could live and flourish in this country...

The fascinating part is that these posters truly believe that the Democrats are stealing the election. Their facts are wrong, and telling them otherwise is ignored or dismissed*, but they believe that they're the true patriots.

It's also interesting that over the last few weeks, they've turned on more and more of their own, deeming them 'commie traitors/deepstaters'.  Most of them have now disowned Fox as being a bunch of liberals (except Carlson and Hannity).  And they believe AG Barr is conspiring against Trump as well.  It's absolute lunacy.

OtherJen

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5403 on: November 09, 2020, 10:29:13 AM »

These people terrify me. I can only hope that they're just talking tough and are too inept and/or cowardly to follow through.

OtherJen

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5404 on: November 09, 2020, 10:30:52 AM »
I've been cautiously pleased at the lack of violence related to the election SO FAR, but I think if Trump starts holding rallies again, things could potentially go south in a big hurry. 

Here are some examples of the type of comment sprouting up among his base supporters (in this case, from RedState.com) in the past couple of days, as Trump's attempts to bring lawsuits start to be dismissed:

oldairman2000 • 3 hours ago

I think you hit the nail on the head. For months the opposition has telegraphed their intent. And it was in your face all the way. This election was the line in sand. And if we don't nip this in the bud now, we become the derided 'banana republic' of the many political cartoons l have read in my lifetime. The shear dangerousness of letting this stand by the institutions of our state, which the Founders designed to check usurpation of power, portends a bleak future for our republic. However, I am sad to say; I don't think the people in the Supreme Court, or the Republican dominated legislatures across the country have the strength of character to do the job that is necessary to nip this usurpation in the bud. It will probably take the spilling of blood some day to right course this republic is taking. And it will be ugly.

Chuck M Lowe • 3 hours ago

Excelent article.

let me just say, out loud, what many here are saying, without actually coming out and saying it.

I WANT TO KILL THESE PEOPLE AND I WILL HAVE NO TROUBLE PULLING THE TRIGGER AND RISKING MY LIFE TO DO IT. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM.

zman37 Chuck M Lowe • 13 minutes ago • edited

Dude... you need to exercise a wee bit more discreetness and savvy.

littlehouse18 Chuck M Lowe • 21 minutes ago

Chuck, respectfully, please re-examine what you are saying publicly. You might want modify it.

csg40 Chuck M Lowe • 3 hours ago

I believe they want you to respond with violence and then Joe will send out the national guard and declare Marshall Law because he doesn't have any compunction about NOT following the law. If they let looting, murder, and destruction go on without stopping it, they have a plan for all out revolution. This is right out of the Marxist playbook.

CurtTX53 csg40 • 2 hours ago

But, will that help to wake the rest, our bodies laid out on the mall, the water red with our blood, will that do IT ? Or, will they just choose to not cover it. Whatever it is, it needs to be akin to the “shot heard around the world” ! Our call to action needs to be heard everywhere, world wide, not just heard while wandering here in RS, or in the wilderness.

Garciaszoo • 12 hours ago

Many many Patriots are ready but how to communicate, coordinate? I feel we should give the president into this coming week. I definitely see that Trump has the desire and ability to rain down enough legal hell to at least make sure the legal votes are counted. Past this timeframe, without some kind of definite positive communication from the president I'm not sure America can wait much longer before giving up/being absorbed into the evil. Many of us would rather die than cave but maybe many more will just give up. We don't have the luxury of time.

colonelflagg • 13 hours ago

Starting to run out of available boxes. If "ballot" is gone we only have the hard choice left.

riderdan • 13 hours ago

This article is spot on.

The question I keep repeatedly asking though is: what are we going to do about it? Are we going to trade two years of peace in our time for the death of the republic, or are we going to actually do something. And what might that something be?

One problem is that the citizenry is (possibly) willing to stand up against this blatant theft, but they need a rallying point. I'd be happy to drive to DC (or one of the places where this theft occurred) and stand in solidarity with Trump and Trump supporters. I'd (likely) be willing to show up with the appropriate implements to make our point as sharply as necessary. Indeed, I think it's likely that I'd be illing to put my body between my beloved home and the left's desolation. After all, I'm one of those who wrote a blank check to Uncle Sam for any amount, up to and including my life... though I was younger and more foolish then.

But one guy on the National Mall (or in Pennsylvania or wherever) isn't going to make any difference at all.

My hope is that President Trump is allowing the legal options to play out before calling for the armed citizenry to stand up against tyranny. Because he seems to be the only one with the stature to rally actual Americans to the cause of freedom.

EARNIT riderdan • 12 hours ago

enjoyed your post riderdan and my sentiments exactly...what are we going to do about it? Let’s hope the legal options expose to the nation the insurrection taking place before our very eyes. Otherwise...things will get ugly.

CurtTX53 EARNIT • 3 hours ago

“Otherwise...things will get ugly”

To all things there is a season, it is the ugly season, no doubt. Before the Dark Winter sets in, after all Joe, told us a Dark Winter is coming. But before we do the count and finish it, then expose the frauds, get the attorneys to do there jobs and then, if need be...

We go to those like riverdan and you, and on to the rally point, to be determined and to be announced. By the way, my vehicle is old and won’t make it, but I’m a good navigator and I can still shoot, but I cannot run, duck and roll, I do a pretty good, brief run, duck, drop and splat, as long as nothing breaks still good to go. So please count me in, do not leave me hanging on.

joeyf55 riderdan • 13 hours ago

I'm in. My health ain't great but I'm locked and loaded. Tell me where and when.

Last night there was also a comment (which must have been prudently removed since) listing several kinds of ammo, and noting how pretty the lamp-posts, bridges, and overpasses would look with 'new decorations' hanging from them.

I'm a little concerned, depending on what Trump does in the next month.

These people are inciting sedition. How ironic that they call themselves "real Americans." Hopefully the FBI is as successful at stopping them as they were at stopping the plot to kidnap my state's governor.

bacchi

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5405 on: November 09, 2020, 10:36:26 AM »

It's also interesting that over the last few weeks, they've turned on more and more of their own, deeming them 'commie traitors/deepstaters'.  Most of them have now disowned Fox as being a bunch of liberals (except Carlson and Hannity).  And they believe AG Barr is conspiring against Trump as well.  It's absolute lunacy.

A sure sign of a failed philosophy and an imploding movement.

StarBright

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5406 on: November 09, 2020, 10:42:27 AM »

These people terrify me. I can only hope that they're just talking tough and are too inept and/or cowardly to follow through.

These folks are definitely making me nervous. I have a BIL who has gone down the Qanon rabbit hole, has a full arsenal, has been training with militia types for a while, blames me for introducing a liberal element to his family, and he disappeared a month ago. We know he's alive, but he's told my inlaws that he needs to be off grid for a while.

I've had nightmares that he is coming to kill me at least twice.

John Galt incarnate!

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5407 on: November 09, 2020, 10:48:23 AM »

My biggest worry for the next 10 weeks?  The virus.

We're in an exponential growth phase in at least 19 different states. Trump has shown no signs that he's taking it seriously - and his flurry of rallies may well be super-spreader events. It seems likely we'll hit 200k cases/day by the end of this week and 2k deaths/day.  With his defiant supporters (91% of those polled who said the virus was "completely" or "mostly" under control voted for him), no coordinated federal response and quarantine fatigue, December could be the worst month of this pandemic by far.

Nero played his fiddle as Rome burned - Trump seems resigned to let this virus rage while he plays golf.

Pfizer's announcement  of a Covid-19 vaccine  that is 90% effective is reason for great happiness and celebration.

My happiness though, is tempered by last night's segment on 60 Minutes that covered Operation Warp Speed.

>60% of doctors and ~40% of nurses say they will get the vaccine.

These percentages seem alarmingly low to me.

What's worse is that they send a message that is sure to be used by anti-vaxxers to rationalize their refusal to get vaccinated.

I'm REALLY WORRIED about this.

General in charge of COVID vaccine distribution ... - CBS News

cbsnews › 60 Minutes

3 days ago — "My worst nightmare is that we get vaccines to the American people and they ... other information from the CBS family of companies & our partners. ... that over 60% of the physicians said that they would get the vaccine. We know that about 40% of the nurses said that they would line up to get the vaccines," ...

nereo

• Senior Mustachian
    • Here's how you can support science today:
« Reply #5408 on: November 09, 2020, 10:50:19 AM »
Honestly curious - what would be the pretense for holding a rally now, long after voting has ended?  Would he get as many diehard supporters to turn out post-election, or would it be more like Tulsa?

sherr

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5409 on: November 09, 2020, 10:52:33 AM »
These folks are definitely making me nervous. I have a BIL who has gone down the Qanon rabbit hole, has a full arsenal, has been training with militia types for a while, blames me for introducing a liberal element to his family, and he disappeared a month ago. We know he's alive, but he's told my inlaws that he needs to be off grid for a while.

"A month ago" is when the FBI arrested the Wolverine Watchmen boogaloo/militia members for their plot to kidnap/kill Governor Whitmer. It is not at all normal to suddenly "need to go off grid", the only reason I can think of is that he is plotting something similar and is trying to fly under the FBI's radar. You should absolutely report your concerns to the FBI and at least let them make their own determination on what to do about it. You might very literally be saving lives by doing so.

OtherJen

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5410 on: November 09, 2020, 10:56:22 AM »

"A month ago" is when the FBI arrested the Wolverine Watchmen boogaloo/militia members for their plot to kidnap/kill Governor Whitmer. It is not at all normal to suddenly "need to go off grid", the only reason I can think of is that he is plotting something similar and is trying to fly under the FBI's radar. You should absolutely report your concerns to the FBI and at least let them make their own determination on what to do about it. You might very literally be saving lives by doing so.

Yes. Those are all huge red flags.

ixtap

• Magnum Stache
    • Our Sea Story
« Reply #5411 on: November 09, 2020, 11:00:54 AM »
Honestly curious - what would be the pretense for holding a rally now, long after voting has ended?  Would he get as many diehard supporters to turn out post-election, or would it be more like Tulsa?

It is a spectacle, either way!

Look at the mileage they are getting out of holding a press conference at a landscaping company.

MUST STAY IN LIMELIGHT. MUST CONVINCE SUPPORTERS THAT LIFE IS A HOAX.

jrhampt

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5412 on: November 09, 2020, 11:06:34 AM »

Look at the mileage they are getting out of holding a press conference at a landscaping company.

The obvious answer here is to overturn the election results.  I think continuing to hold rallies could be very dangerous right now.

talltexan

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5413 on: November 09, 2020, 11:12:02 AM »
The rallies are useful for demonstrating and shaping public opinion. Presidents aren't the only people who are supposed to do this in our system.

Al Gore didn't retire from public life after the 2000 election was stolen from him, why should Trump?

The question would be--now that Trump won't be President--what would be interesting about these rallies that would draw large crowds? He only drew 6,000 in Tulsa after all.

Kris

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5414 on: November 09, 2020, 11:15:53 AM »

The obvious answer here is to overturn the election results.  I think continuing to hold rallies could be very dangerous right now.

Yep. He has to hold the rallies to keep alive the idea that the election results were faked. And he will do this all the way to January 20. He will never concede, never admit Biden won, never willingly exit the White House. And that means that his supporters never will, either. Going forward, we will have about a third of the population of the US who belong to a treasonous cult, who can't be deprogrammed. That is the legacy of the Trump administration and the GOP office-holders and media outlets who uphold his lies.

OtherJen

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5415 on: November 09, 2020, 11:18:14 AM »

Yep. He has to hold the rallies to keep alive the idea that the election results were faked. And he will do this all the way to January 20. He will never concede, never admit Biden won, never willingly exit the White House. And that means that his supporters never will, either. Going forward, we will have about a third of the population of the US who belong to a treasonous cult, who can't be deprogrammed. That is the legacy of the Trump administration and the GOP office-holders and media outlets who uphold his lies.

He's teetering on the edge of inciting sedition.

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #5416 on: November 09, 2020, 11:19:05 AM »
Maybe Russia's trying to get their money's worth while he's still worth using.

nereo

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #5417 on: November 09, 2020, 11:26:17 AM »
New Outrage:

Sec. of Defense Mark Esper was just fired, via tweet (Trump's favorite medium).

In what world is it acceptable to be fired via public tweet?  Only Trump-world.

OtherJen

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5418 on: November 09, 2020, 11:26:37 AM »
So his lawyers are about as competent as expected.

OtherJen

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5419 on: November 09, 2020, 11:28:11 AM »
New Outrage:

Jesus. Whoever he appoints will be completely loyal. He might be starting the scorched earth.

ixtap

• Magnum Stache
    • Our Sea Story
« Reply #5420 on: November 09, 2020, 11:30:08 AM »
New Outrage:

Jesus. Whoever he appoints will be completely loyal. He might be starting the scorched earth.

It seems he an Esper fell out over Esper's refusal to send active duty troops to US cities...

nereo

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #5421 on: November 09, 2020, 11:31:33 AM »
New Outrage:

Esper was acting (non confirmed).  He replaced Shanahan, who was also acting.  Before him, he had Mattis (whom he also fired), and he inherited Carter, whom he replaced (fired... though that's hardly unusual with a new administration).

Four Sec of Defense in four years - soon to be five.

I'm guessing Gina Haspel will get the ax this week today.  Maybe Deborah Birx as well.  He'd like to fire Fauci, biut as I understand it he can't (at least not directly).

Might fire the bald eagle and Uncle Sam while he's at it.

sherr

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5422 on: November 09, 2020, 11:42:20 AM »
Might fire the bald eagle while he's at it.

Well it's not like the two get along.

If I had a quarter for every time a bald eagle has attacked Trump I'd have fifty cents. Which is not a lot of money, but it's weird that it has happened twice.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2020, 11:46:02 AM by sherr »

nereo

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #5423 on: November 09, 2020, 11:44:31 AM »
Seems like this is going to be a high Trump news day:
  • Trump fires Sec Defense Mark Esper via Tweet
  • HUD sec. Ben Carson has Covid
  • WH Chief of Staff did not inform his own staff he had contracted the virus
  • US cases pass 10MM as virus surges in almost every state

Roadrunner53

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5424 on: November 09, 2020, 11:50:52 AM »
Why are we not seeing the results for AZ, Georgia, North Carolina and Alaska? Are they done counting or what? I would just like to see the final results to see how many more states Biden gets. I am assuming AZ and Georgia.

wenchsenior

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5425 on: November 09, 2020, 11:54:31 AM »
Why are we not seeing the results for AZ, Georgia, North Carolina and Alaska? Are they done counting or what? I would just like to see the final results to see how many more states Biden gets. I am assuming AZ and Georgia.

They are not done counting. NC will definitely be a while b/c they accept ballots several days after election day.

talltexan

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5426 on: November 09, 2020, 12:01:16 PM »
New Outrage:

Esper was acting (non confirmed).  He replaced Shanahan, who was also acting.  Before him, he had Mattis (whom he also fired), and he inherited Carter, whom he replaced (fired... though that's hardly unusual with a new administration).

I'm guessing Gina Haspel will get the ax this week today.  Maybe Deborah Birx as well.  He'd like to fire Fauci, biut as I understand it he can't (at least not directly).

I cannot blame you for forgetting this happened, but Esper was Senate confirmed:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/senate-votes-to-confirm-mark-esper-as-defense-secretary/2019/07/23/694b18a0-acb4-11e9-a0c9-6d2d7818f3da_story.html

Glenstache

• Magnum Stache
  • FI(lean) working on the "RE"
« Reply #5427 on: November 09, 2020, 12:23:52 PM »

We're in an exponential growth phase in at least 19 different states. Trump has shown no signs that he's taking it seriously - and his flurry of rallies may well be super-spreader events. It seems likely we'll hit 200k cases/day by the end of this week and 2k deaths/day.  With his defiant supporters (91% of those polled who said the virus was "completely" or "mostly" under control voted for him), no coordinated federal response and quarantine fatigue, December could be the worst month of this pandemic by far.

Nero played his fiddle as Rome burned - Trump seems resigned to let this virus rage while he plays golf.

Pfizer's announcement  of a Covid-19 vaccine  that is 90% effective is reason for great happiness and celebration.

My happiness though, is tempered by last night's segment on 60 Minutes that covered Operation Warp Speed.

What's worse is that they send a message that is sure to be used by anti-vaxxers to rationalize their refusal to get vaccinated.

cbsnews › 60 Minutes

3 days ago — "My worst nightmare is that we get vaccines to the American people and they ... other information from the CBS family of companies & our partners. ... that over 60% of the physicians said that they would get the vaccine. We know that about 40% of the nurses said that they would line up to get the vaccines," ...

I agree. The possibility of getting a vaccine and then having a significant enough portion of the population not take it is scary. Given the resistance even to masks, and rise of anti-science/anti-vax sentiment, this seems like a very real possibility. Nereo is likely right that Trump will not be proactive on the pandemic over the next two months, consistent with the last 10 months. It is a heartbreaking enough tragedy as-is, and so much worse because it is within our means to have it be less-bad.

Prairie Gal

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5428 on: November 09, 2020, 12:44:00 PM »

cbsnews › 60 Minutes

I agree. The possibility of getting a vaccine and then having a significant enough portion of the population not take it is scary. Given the resistance even to masks, and rise of anti-science/anti-vax sentiment, this seems like a very real possibility. Nereo is likely right that Trump will not be proactive on the pandemic over the next two months, consistent with the last 10 months. It is a heartbreaking enough tragedy as-is, and so much worse because it is within our means to have it be less-bad.

I saw the 60 Minutes piece also. I was pretty surprised to hear that production was already in full swing, even without FDA approval. And the staggering amounts of money being spent. Maybe the relative reluctance on the part of the doctors and nurses is because this vaccine has been fast tracked so much. They said it usually takes five years to get a vaccine approved. It does give my little vaccine loving heart pause. So, yah, it might be a tough sell at first. You go first ... no, you go first.

marty998

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5429 on: November 09, 2020, 01:08:55 PM »

I’m disappointed the judge “regrets” to inform Trump his case is being thrown out.

Why should she feel obligated to express any regret at all? Politeness? Legal niceties?

OtherJen

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5430 on: November 09, 2020, 01:10:40 PM »

I’m disappointed the judge “regrets” to inform Trump his case is being thrown out.

Why should she feel obligated to express any regret at all? Politeness? Legal niceties?

Business language.

OtherJen

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5431 on: November 09, 2020, 01:16:08 PM »
Gee, who could have seen this coming? I thought COVID was supposed to disappear on Nov. 4. I mean, if they don't test, no one gets sick, right? That's totally how it works.

PBS News Hour: Ben Carson tests positive for COVID-19

WASHINGTON (AP) — It was supposed to be a scene of celebration.

Instead, the Trump campaign’s election night watch party in the White House East Room — with few masks and no social distancing — is being eyed as a potential coronavirus super-spreading event and yet another symbol of President Donald Trump’s cavalier attitude toward a virus that is ripping across the nation and infecting more than 100,000 people a day.

Ben Carson, the secretary for Housing and Urban Development, is the latest attendee to test positive, a department spokesman confirmed. The event has been under scrutiny since another attendee, the president’s chief of staff, Mark Meadows, contracted the virus, which has now killed more than 237,000 people in the U.S. alone.

---------------

The White House has repeatedly refused to say who else has tested positive, even as the virus continues to spread. The latest White House cluster, coming just a month after Trump’s own diagnosis and hospitalization, includes a top Trump campaign official as well as a handful of undisclosed White House staff, officials said.

marty998

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5432 on: November 09, 2020, 01:18:20 PM »

Business language.

Seen enough of those in my life. We regret to inform you your [job] application has been unsuccessful...

nereo

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #5434 on: November 09, 2020, 02:01:19 PM »
New Outrage:

I cannot blame you for forgetting this happened, but Esper was Senate confirmed:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/senate-votes-to-confirm-mark-esper-as-defense-secretary/2019/07/23/694b18a0-acb4-11e9-a0c9-6d2d7818f3da_story.html

So he was.  Hard to keep track with all the 'acting' heads under Trump.

Regardless, no one deserves to be fired publicly via tweet.

nereo

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #5435 on: November 09, 2020, 02:09:27 PM »
The Trump Campaign set up a "Donald Trump War Room Election Fraud Hotline" for people to report voter fraud.

...it's been overrun by prank callers and TikTok influencers.  Reminds me of when Trump's rally "sold over a hundred-thousand tickets" yet only 6k showed up... all driven by a TikTok campaign.

In case anyone wants to know, here's the number:
(800) 895-4152

caracarn

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5436 on: November 09, 2020, 02:10:59 PM »
The Trump Campaign set up a "Donald Trump War Room Election Fraud Hotline" for people to report voter fraud.

...it's been overrun by prank callers and TikTok influencers.  Reminds me of when Trump's rally "sold over a hundred-thousand tickets" yet only 6k showed up... all driven by a TikTok campaign.

(800) 895-4152
Oooh!  I was looking for something fun to do today!  Thanks!

bacchi

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5437 on: November 09, 2020, 02:11:21 PM »
How long before there are active-duty troops in Portland and Philly? Posse Comitatus still applies but will it matter?

bacchi

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5438 on: November 09, 2020, 02:18:47 PM »

(800) 895-4152

You can leave a VERY long and detailed message. I'm at 3 minutes and counting.

Update: At around 3:15, you have to hit '3' to save the message or it will be deleted.

caracarn

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5439 on: November 09, 2020, 02:35:54 PM »

(800) 895-4152

You can leave a VERY long and detailed message. I'm at 3 minutes and counting.

Update: At around 3:15, you have to hit '3' to save the message or it will be deleted.
High level summary of what you said?  Would love to hear the stories!

OtherJen

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5440 on: November 09, 2020, 02:44:38 PM »
How long before there are active-duty troops in Portland and Philly? Posse Comitatus still applies but will it matter?

I doubt it. I think he knows he's got nothing to lose and is keeping up the ruse long enough to fleece his supporters to pay his own debts. He's angry, embarrassed, and unhinged, and now surrounded by Yes men, including the sitting Senate. Things could get very ugly for a while.

Plina

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #5441 on: November 09, 2020, 02:45:47 PM »
I've been cautiously pleased at the lack of violence related to the election SO FAR, but I think if Trump starts holding rallies again, things could potentially go south in a big hurry. 

Here are some examples of the type of comment sprouting up among his base supporters (in this case, from RedState.com) in the past couple of days, as Trump's attempts to bring lawsuits start to be dismissed:

oldairman2000 • 3 hours ago

I think you hit the nail on the head. For months the opposition has telegraphed their intent. And it was in your face all the way. This election was the line in sand. And if we don't nip this in the bud now, we become the derided 'banana republic' of the many political cartoons l have read in my lifetime. The shear dangerousness of letting this stand by the institutions of our state, which the Founders designed to check usurpation of power, portends a bleak future for our republic. However, I am sad to say; I don't think the people in the Supreme Court, or the Republican dominated legislatures across the country have the strength of character to do the job that is necessary to nip this usurpation in the bud. It will probably take the spilling of blood some day to right course this republic is taking. And it will be ugly.

Chuck M Lowe • 3 hours ago

Excelent article.

let me just say, out loud, what many here are saying, without actually coming out and saying it.

I WANT TO KILL THESE PEOPLE AND I WILL HAVE NO TROUBLE PULLING THE TRIGGER AND RISKING MY LIFE TO DO IT. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM.

zman37 Chuck M Lowe • 13 minutes ago • edited

Dude... you need to exercise a wee bit more discreetness and savvy.

littlehouse18 Chuck M Lowe • 21 minutes ago

Chuck, respectfully, please re-examine what you are saying publicly. You might want modify it.

csg40 Chuck M Lowe • 3 hours ago

I believe they want you to respond with violence and then Joe will send out the national guard and declare Marshall Law because he doesn't have any compunction about NOT following the law. If they let looting, murder, and destruction go on without stopping it, they have a plan for all out revolution. This is right out of the Marxist playbook.

CurtTX53 csg40 • 2 hours ago

But, will that help to wake the rest, our bodies laid out on the mall, the water red with our blood, will that do IT ? Or, will they just choose to not cover it. Whatever it is, it needs to be akin to the “shot heard around the world” ! Our call to action needs to be heard everywhere, world wide, not just heard while wandering here in RS, or in the wilderness.

Garciaszoo • 12 hours ago

Many many Patriots are ready but how to communicate, coordinate? I feel we should give the president into this coming week. I definitely see that Trump has the desire and ability to rain down enough legal hell to at least make sure the legal votes are counted. Past this timeframe, without some kind of definite positive communication from the president I'm not sure America can wait much longer before giving up/being absorbed into the evil. Many of us would rather die than cave but maybe many more will just give up. We don't have the luxury of time.

colonelflagg • 13 hours ago

Starting to run out of available boxes. If "ballot" is gone we only have the hard choice left.

riderdan • 13 hours ago

This article is spot on.

The question I keep repeatedly asking though is: what are we going to do about it? Are we going to trade two years of peace in our time for the death of the republic, or are we going to actually do something. And what might that something be?

One problem is that the citizenry is (possibly) willing to stand up against this blatant theft, but they need a rallying point. I'd be happy to drive to DC (or one of the places where this theft occurred) and stand in solidarity with Trump and Trump supporters. I'd (likely) be willing to show up with the appropriate implements to make our point as sharply as necessary. Indeed, I think it's likely that I'd be illing to put my body between my beloved home and the left's desolation. After all, I'm one of those who wrote a blank check to Uncle Sam for any amount, up to and including my life... though I was younger and more foolish then.

But one guy on the National Mall (or in Pennsylvania or wherever) isn't going to make any difference at all.

My hope is that President Trump is allowing the legal options to play out before calling for the armed citizenry to stand up against tyranny. Because he seems to be the only one with the stature to rally actual Americans to the cause of freedom.

EARNIT riderdan • 12 hours ago

enjoyed your post riderdan and my sentiments exactly...what are we going to do about it? Let’s hope the legal options expose to the nation the insurrection taking place before our very eyes. Otherwise...things will get ugly.

CurtTX53 EARNIT • 3 hours ago

“Otherwise...things will get ugly”

To all things there is a season, it is the ugly season, no doubt. Before the Dark Winter sets in, after all Joe, told us a Dark Winter is coming. But before we do the count and finish it, then expose the frauds, get the attorneys to do there jobs and then, if need be...

We go to those like riverdan and you, and on to the rally point, to be determined and to be announced. By the way, my vehicle is old and won’t make it, but I’m a good navigator and I can still shoot, but I cannot run, duck and roll, I do a pretty good, brief run, duck, drop and splat, as long as nothing breaks still good to go. So please count me in, do not leave me hanging on.

joeyf55 riderdan • 13 hours ago

I'm in. My health ain't great but I'm locked and loaded. Tell me where and when.

Last night there was also a comment (which must have been prudently removed since) listing several kinds of ammo, and noting how pretty the lamp-posts, bridges, and overpasses would look with 'new decorations' hanging from them.

I'm a little concerned, depending on what Trump does in the next month.

I think it is funny that one of the guys are worried that US will become the derided banans republic. I would say many outside of US think you have lived the last 4 years in a banana republic.

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #5442 on: November 09, 2020, 03:07:53 PM »

Business language.

Seen enough of those in my life. We regret to inform you your [job] application has been unsuccessful...

It's marginally nicer than the old "We are thrilled to inform you that your job application has been unsuccessful!"

I seem to recall getting some of those in my past.  Probably after having walked uphill (both ways) to get the interview.

Roadrunner53

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5443 on: November 09, 2020, 03:20:06 PM »
What is even worse is going to a job interview twice and not ever hearing from them again. What a slap in the face. Not even a one liner saying thanks for your time, but we have hired another person. Best wishes for your future. Is that so hard?

The Hub went for a second interview and when he got there, was told the guy who was to interview him, (owner of the company), was out on his boat!  Needless to say the Hub's head exploded! He took time off from work for the interview! People suck!

Inaya

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5444 on: November 09, 2020, 03:50:46 PM »
As part of a hiring process recently, my hubs disclosed his medical marijuana use. He was told repeatedly, during multiple interviews, that his it would not be problematic at all. They gave him a job offer, had him come in and fill out all the new-hire paperwork, and take a drug test ("Oh, it's just a formality, it doesn't mean anything."). Then they rescinded the offer because he tested positive for marijuana use. I was livid, but he was just, "Eh, they wasted their own money."

Back on the topic-ish: I'm not sure if I'd trust a COVID vaccine that has been fast tracked with less rigorous testing and trials than vaccines usually get. Especially knowing that even doctors seem less-than-confident in its efficacy and/or safety. I would be surprised if a large chunk of the population didn't have a similar stance. And imagine what would happen if it is less effective than advertised or have to recall it--anti-vaxxers would have a field day.

nereo

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #5445 on: November 09, 2020, 03:56:08 PM »
What is even worse is going to a job interview twice and not ever hearing from them again. What a slap in the face. Not even a one liner saying thanks for your time, but we have hired another person. Best wishes for your future. Is that so hard?

The Hub went for a second interview and when he got there, was told the guy who was to interview him, (owner of the company), was out on his boat!  Needless to say the Hub's head exploded! He took time off from work for the interview! People suck!

Yeah, I have gone through  that.
Two rounds of interviews and a full presentation, followed by a “we will let you know”. Months later the system still says “application open” but I know they are training their new hire.

Half the jobs I applied for never bothered to even me I had not been selected. About a quarter never even acknowledged I had applied.

OtherJen

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5446 on: November 09, 2020, 05:11:00 PM »

Yep. A few years ago, I flew out to San Diego at 5:30 am Detroit time for a second job interview (first one was by phone). Fortunately the flight was on their dime because there were no visible clocks in the building, they kept me waiting so long that I missed my shuttle back to the airport, and I had to track down and pay for a cab out of my own pocket. I only made my flight back because of an airport delay. And of course, they never called me or responded to my inquiry whether the position had been filled. Fuck 'em.

Travis

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5447 on: November 09, 2020, 06:06:05 PM »
How do you all think this transition is going to pan out. Trump seems to be unhinged, more than normal. Will he have any success fighting this election in the courts. It seems like a witch hunt and there is nothing to find. I wish Biden could kick Trump to the curb and start working. I am thrilled with how he is already putting together a team to battle the Corona Virus! This is what should have been done way back in the beginning of the year!
I think his Republican allies are all going to abandon him. Even a partisan Supreme Court isn't going to overturn the results of a democratic election without a valid reason, which there doesn't seem to be.

After that...I'm not sure. The best case scenario is that he just spends all his time golfing, and does the bare minimum of Presidential business (including signing a new CR to fund the government - the current one expires in December).
At this point, while I do worry about what Trump will try to do in the next two months, I am more worried about what other nations will try and squeeze through. Those who were into election interference will continue to benefit from *anything* that casts doubt on the credibility of the 2020 election. Internal disunity is their goal. Also, this is a narrow window of opportunity for China to exert more overt control in the South China Sea and Hong Kong while Trump will be "low energy" and Americans are distracted. Same goes for the Taliban (whom apparently we are now allies with against ISIS), Russia in Ukraine, etc, etc. The list is long and we will likely have more of a leadership vacuum than normal. Mike Pompeo doesn't really feel like he's going to be a check on those things in any meaningful way unless it impacts economic concerns (as he has pretty much explicitly stated in the past).

In the counties where Trump had his highest voting success they also have the highest COVID infection rates. Those locales seem to be enthusiastic about both.

LennStar

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5448 on: November 10, 2020, 04:10:20 AM »

Business language.
The judge regrets the time wasted.

I'm not sure if I'd trust a COVID vaccine that has been fast tracked with less rigorous testing and trials than vaccines usually get. Especially knowing that even doctors seem less-than-confident in its efficacy and/or safety.

Of course it's a bit riskier than normal procedure, but we don't habe 5 year's time.
An dif you talk about that only 60% of doctors and 40% of nurses would want to get it - I would wager this number is because the rest already have gotten the real thing and don't need the vaccine.

JLee

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5449 on: November 10, 2020, 12:00:02 PM »
Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, when asked if the state department is preparing to coordinate with the Biden transition team, responded: “There will be a smooth transition to a second Trump administration”.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/11/10/biden-trump-in-transition-standoff-live-news

https://twitter.com/andrewrsorkin/status/1326231714994278400?fbclid=IwAR3VQ34oesx2jGX4MzJuB1qfnfkph061eElGzmLCvE644q3w82bPVFxLWug