Author Topic: Trump outrage of the day  (Read 778998 times)

Samuel

• Pencil Stache
Re: Trump outrage of the day
« Reply #3600 on: August 20, 2020, 08:56:51 AM »
Well, shit. Might be a good day after all.

Former Trump advisor Steve Bannon arrested on charges of defrauding donors in fundraising scheme (Source: CNBC)

Former White House chief strategist Steve Bannon has been arrested after being charged with defrauding hundreds of thousands of donors through their campaign “We Build the Wall.”

Interesting. This is out of the Southern District of New York, where Michael Cohen and Giuliani's Ukraine "lobbyist" crew were prosecuted. Where Giuliani (and Trump) are likely still under investigation. And where back in June Barr announced the U.S. Attorney was stepping down, only to have the U.S. Attorney say "uh, no I'm not. At least not until the Senate confirms a replacement". He did resign (or was fired, depending on who you ask) once Trump and Barr allowed his deputy to become acting U.S. Attorney and abandoned their legally dubious attempt to bring in a hand picked interim U.S. Attorney instead. I have to wonder if these charges would have been announced had they gotten their way.

In 2020 you can hear our institutions creaking and cracking like a ship caught in an ice flow...

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #3601 on: August 20, 2020, 08:57:31 AM »
Hahaha, each charge carries a 20 year prison term! Each person is charged with two counts!

https://nypost.com/2020/08/20/former-white-house-advisor-steve-bannon-indicted/

The prison term is only as long as it takes Trump to pardon them.

OtherJen

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3602 on: August 20, 2020, 08:59:39 AM »
Hahaha, each charge carries a 20 year prison term! Each person is charged with two counts!

Pretty much.

nereo

• Senior Mustachian
    • Here's how you can support science today:
« Reply #3603 on: August 20, 2020, 09:21:48 AM »
Hmmm, let's see:

• Arpaio walks free
  • Stone walks free
  • Flynn walks free*
  • Manafort is serving his time at home (and it's a very nice home)
  • Stone had his sentence commuted
  • Michael Cohen--who's testified before Congress about the flaws of this President--has returned to incarceration
  • And Bannon?

*Subject to en banc review of the Federal court, if I have this right

something something Swamp...

Glenstache

• Magnum Stache
  • FI(lean) working on the "RE"
« Reply #3604 on: August 20, 2020, 10:01:31 AM »
Trump is pretty openly playing to the Qanon crowd as well. This conspiracy theory group is pretty wacky and somehow growing in numbers and is effectively a pizzagate 2.0 at this point. Qanon has been identified by the FBI as having a high potential to be a source of domestic terrorism.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/19/us/politics/trump-qanon-conspiracy-theories.html

Also, McEnany refused to say if Trump would leave office if he loses. This should be a softball question in which the response is a reference to the long tradition of blah blah blah. Nope.
https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/press-briefing-press-secretary-kayleigh-mcenany-8-19-2020/

Q Kayleigh, the President said this week: The only way we “lose this election is if the election is rigged.” It begs the question: Does the President believe there’s any circumstance under which he could lose the election fairly?

MS. MCENANY: The President believes he’s done a great job for the American people, and he believes that will show in November. He believes that voter fraud is real, in line with what we see all across the country, particularly with mail-in ballots, which are prone to fraud.

Yes.

Q Thank you very much, Kayleigh. Two questions for you. Firstly, given the President’s tweet on Goodyear and lashing out at them, is the Beast still going to be using Goodyear tires?

MS. MCENANY: I’m not going to comment on security matters.

Q Okay. And then I want to follow up with a question that I asked the President last week but he didn’t answer. I asked him about QAnon. So I wanted to know: Have you ever heard the President talk about QAnon? And what does he think of the conspiracy theory?

MS. MCENANY: No, I’ve never heard of that. There’s a lot of media focus on that, but certainly never heard of that from the President.

Yes.

Q Kayleigh, just a follow-up on what my colleague said over there. With regard to the President saying make sure to get out and vote because “the only way we’re going to lose this election is if the election is rigged,” does the President — is the President saying if he doesn’t win this election, that he will not accept the results unless he wins?

MS. MCENANY: The President has always said he’ll see what happens and make a determination in the aftermath. It’s the same thing he said last November. He wants a free election, a fair election, and he wants confidence in the results of the election, particularly when you have states like Nevada doing mass mail-out voting to their voting rolls. And when they tried this in the primary, it was a massive failure. Ballots were piled up in trash cans. Ballots were pinned to apartment dartboards. And with that being the system, the President wants to take a hard look at this and make sure that these are fair election results and not subject to fraud.

Yes.

Q So will he accept the results, Kayleigh?

There was no response noted after the last question and the questioning moved on to other topics...

nereo

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #3605 on: August 20, 2020, 10:13:33 AM »
McEaney got the job because she is good at gaslighting and fits an 'image' that Trump wants.  Every single press conference under her has involved some sort of gaslighting or some sort of attack on the reporter.  "The President has never said that" and "That's a horrible thing to ask" are two staple responses from her.

OtherJen

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3606 on: August 20, 2020, 10:52:57 AM »

Glenstache

• Magnum Stache
  • FI(lean) working on the "RE"
« Reply #3607 on: August 20, 2020, 10:54:56 AM »
McEaney got the job because she is good at gaslighting and fits an 'image' that Trump wants.  Every single press conference under her has involved some sort of gaslighting or some sort of attack on the reporter.  "The President has never said that" and "That's a horrible thing to ask" are two staple responses from her.
Well, I'm sure Fox News or ONN will welcome her if/when she leaves the Trump admin.

Vertical Mode

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3608 on: August 20, 2020, 02:58:48 PM »
Hmmm, let's see:

• Arpaio walks free
  • Stone walks free
  • Flynn walks free*
  • Michael Cohen--who's testified before Congress about the flaws of this President--has returned to incarceration
  • And Bannon?

If we look hard enough for the silver lining in this, the Trump administration is revealing what fen creatures have infested the Swamp...so that when order and competent leadership are eventually restored, someone else can do what Trump promised but was too incompetent or unwilling to do.

OtherJen

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3609 on: August 20, 2020, 03:24:57 PM »
Hmmm, let's see:

• Arpaio walks free
  • Stone walks free
  • Flynn walks free*
  • And Bannon?

If we look hard enough for the silver lining in this, the Trump administration is revealing what fen creatures have infested the Swamp...so that when order and competent leadership are eventually restored, someone else can do what Trump promised but was too incompetent or unwilling to do.

Well, he brought all the people in the above list into the swamp (after firing most of the competent personnel and refusing to fill their positions), so it's more like he created the swamp.

Travis

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3610 on: August 20, 2020, 05:04:49 PM »
Well, shit. Might be a good day after all.

Former Trump advisor Steve Bannon arrested on charges of defrauding donors in fundraising scheme (Source: CNBC)

Former White House chief strategist Steve Bannon has been arrested after being charged with defrauding hundreds of thousands of donors through their campaign “We Build the Wall.”

Trump will say he doesn't know him or hardly knew him!

Or will pardon him.

c) All of the above.

Only if the case points in his direction. He's already declared Bannon persona non grata (typical of his former officials)

Abe

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3611 on: August 20, 2020, 10:33:40 PM »
Can't pardon someone who hasn't been convicted yet. The trial will take a while, and probably won't have a conviction (if guilty) until Jan 21st, 2021.

Moonwaves

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3612 on: August 20, 2020, 11:55:39 PM »
I thought pardons could only be granted for federal convictions. So if this is a state case, there's nothing Trump can do as far as pardons go. Best case scenario where Bannon does little to no time is because he cooperates fully and spills the beans on everything and anything he has been involved with or had knowledge of. He seems to be far more of an idealogue than your average person, though, so maybe he won't want to betray his pet beliefs.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2020, 06:50:00 AM by Moonwaves »

Roadrunner53

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3613 on: August 21, 2020, 04:22:09 AM »
"Trump has a pattern of downplaying his relationships with people who were close to him once they become politically inconvenient."

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/donald-trump-steve-bannon_n_5f3ea6d9c5b697824f95caf1

nereo

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #3614 on: August 21, 2020, 05:02:44 AM »
Trump gave a speech in Pennsylvania yesterday where he told people that if Biden was elected there would be all the apocalyptic things he claims (and grossly exaggerates) have happened under his watch, like riots in Portland and Chicago.

Basically - what he says is happening under his watch is Biden’s fault.  It’s a perverse sort of logic that requires one to absolve Trump of all responsibility while assigning blame for things which happened under his watch to his opponent who was not in office during any of these events.

Quote from: Trump
“If you want a vision of your life under [a] Biden presidency, think of the smoldering ruins in Minneapolis, the violent anarchy of Portland, the bloodstained sidewalks of Chicago, and imagine the mayhem coming to your town and every single town in America

OtherJen

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3615 on: August 21, 2020, 05:11:53 AM »
Trump gave a speech in Pennsylvania yesterday where he told people that if Biden was elected there would be all the apocalyptic things he claims (and grossly exaggerates) have happened under his watch, like riots in Portland and Chicago.

Basically - what he says is happening under his watch is Biden’s fault.  It’s a perverse sort of logic that requires one to absolve Trump of all responsibility while assigning blame for things which happened under his watch to his opponent who was not in office during any of these events.

Quote from: Trump
“If you want a vision of your life under [a] Biden presidency, think of the smoldering ruins in Minneapolis, the violent anarchy of Portland, the bloodstained sidewalks of Chicago, and imagine the mayhem coming to your town and every single town in America

Ugh. He’s the master of projection.

No, Orange Foolius, you’re describing the USA under your own watch. I’ll take my chances with the candidate who 1) has relevant experience, 2) has an actual work ethic, 3) seems to care about people other than himself, and 4) doesn’t think my non-white family members are inferior.

Roadrunner53

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3616 on: August 21, 2020, 05:20:47 AM »
Biden was born in Scranton. He left Scranton at age 13 with his family to move to another state. Therefore, according to Trump, Biden was not born in Scranton. Mmmm, that makes perfect sense to Trump. Seems Trump was born in NY and now Florida is his official residence, so I guess he was not born in NY.

I was born in Manhattan, NY but moved to CT at age 5. So, I was not born in NY? Hehehehehe!

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump-birther-conspiracy-joe-biden-pennsylvania_n_5f3f0e27c5b6305f32555891

talltexan

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3617 on: August 21, 2020, 06:15:08 AM »
I thought pardons could only be carried out for federal convictions. So if this is a state case, there's nothing Trump can do as far as pardons go. Best case scenario where Bannon does little to no time is because he cooperates fully and spills the beans on everything and anything he has been involved with or had knowledge of. He seems to be far more of an idealogue than your average person, though, so maybe he won't want to betray his pet beliefs.

Bannon is an ideologue, but his ideology is not Trumpism. I haven't seen any evidence that he was anything other than candid with Mueller, however, so he probably cannot spill more. I'm not sure what Trump would gain from a pardon here.

nereo

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #3618 on: August 21, 2020, 06:31:56 AM »
Biden was born in Scranton. He left Scranton at age 13 with his family to move to another state. Therefore, according to Trump, Biden was not born in Scranton. Mmmm, that makes perfect sense to Trump. Seems Trump was born in NY and now Florida is his official residence, so I guess he was not born in NY.

I was born in Manhattan, NY but moved to CT at age 5. So, I was not born in NY? Hehehehehe!

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump-birther-conspiracy-joe-biden-pennsylvania_n_5f3f0e27c5b6305f32555891

Trump also accused Biden  of "abandoning Pennsylvania" by moving to Delaware with his parents when he was still a minor (believe it was at age 10, but certainly pre-high school). That doesn't even make sense.

Right now Trump's strategy seems to be throw any outlandish accusation and hope a few of them stick.  They don't even need to make logical sense. 

talltexan

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3619 on: August 21, 2020, 06:46:51 AM »

Trump also accused Biden  of "abandoning Pennsylvania" by moving to Delaware with his parents when he was still a minor (believe it was at age 10, but certainly pre-high school). That doesn't even make sense.

Right now Trump's strategy seems to be throw any outlandish accusation and hope a few of them stick.  They don't even need to make logical sense.

Remarkably similar to his defense strategy in the Senate impeachment trial.

You might recall it was successful.

nereo

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #3620 on: August 21, 2020, 06:57:53 AM »

If by "successful" you mean he was not removed from office.  However he was still impeached and didn't get the 'poll-bump' that many had predicted, a-la-Clinton.

I hesitate to call that a "win".  At best it seems like a draw. He wasn't removed, but he certainly wasn't exonerated, and one could argue his conduct and evidence turned many independent voters against him.

OtherJen

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3621 on: August 21, 2020, 06:58:50 AM »

It was successful because he could have walked into this Senate and directly announced that he had used the withheld military funds to put out a hit on Zelensky, and McConnell and Co. still would have acquitted.

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #3622 on: August 21, 2020, 07:03:07 AM »

This is just staying on brand, and shouldn't warrant even an eyebrow raise at this point.

He's been doing this since before his presidency started (Central Park 5, Muslims cheering from rooftops around New York on 9/11, Obama birther stuff, etc.) and has only ramped up since then.

NorthernBlitz

• Bristles
« Reply #3623 on: August 21, 2020, 10:57:29 AM »
I generally think both candidates suck.

But, I thought Biden's speech yesterday was good. I think this is usually the case with things like this where the actual thing is better than the biased coverage you'd get from main stream or "new" media.

Hope he can live up to it if / when he becomes president.

MasterStache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3624 on: August 21, 2020, 01:02:35 PM »

But, I thought Biden's speech yesterday was good. I think this is usually the case with things like this where the actual thing is better than the biased coverage you'd get from main stream or "new" media.

I avoid watching politics on TV as much as possible. In fact I can't wait for all the political ads to just go away.  I don't think Biden is a fantastic candidate by any means. However, I heard a little bit of his speech last night and have to admit I was hooked and finished listening to it. I was very impressed by his presence, passion and speaking ability in front of the camera. In fact if anything, this was a huge blow to Trump's insistence that Joe is old and senile. It really was a great speech.   

nereo

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #3625 on: August 21, 2020, 01:08:03 PM »

I avoid watching politics on TV as much as possible. In fact I can't wait for all the political ads to just go away.  I don't think Biden is a fantastic candidate by any means. However, I heard a little bit of his speech last night and have to admit I was hooked and finished listening to it. I was very impressed by his presence, passion and speaking ability in front of the camera. In fact if anything, this was a huge blow to Trump's insistence that Joe is old and senile. It really was a great speech.

I was impressed by the speech as well.  He appeared focused, on-message and relatable. I don't think any number of takes could make an individual suffering from advanced cognitive decline sound that coherent.  As I believe the executive branch *should* spend considerable time thinking through their actions before announcing them to the country I'm glad to see such coherent scripted remarks.  One of my biggest critisisms with Trump's governing style is how policy is seemingly made 'off the cuff' and without proper input from those who's job it is to do the very things policy is being made on.  Give me thought-out and polished over ad-lib and reactionary every time.

OtherJen

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3626 on: August 21, 2020, 01:14:26 PM »

It really was. I had no intention of watching Biden's entire speech when I tuned in last night. Glad I did, though. I hope enough old-school Republicans and undecided voters are sick of having the country run into the ground by a sociopathic toddler and liked what they heard last night.

After hearing the very effective endorsement of the young man with the stutter, I wonder if Biden's own history of stutter is the inspiration for Trump's tweets about his slowness and senility. I'd imagine that one never fully stops trying to overcome such a severe speech impediment. And we all know that Trump has no qualms about mocking people with disabilities.

RetiredAt63

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #3627 on: August 21, 2020, 02:14:37 PM »

It really was. I had no intention of watching Biden's entire speech when I tuned in last night. Glad I did, though. I hope enough old-school Republicans and undecided voters are sick of having the country run into the ground by a sociopathic toddler and liked what they heard last night.

After hearing the very effective endorsement of the young man with the stutter, I wonder if Biden's own history of stutter is the inspiration for Trump's tweets about his slowness and senility. I'd imagine that one never fully stops trying to overcome such a severe speech impediment. And we all know that Trump has no qualms about mocking people with disabilities.

Stutterers are so useless, like King George VI, right?  /S

marty998

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3628 on: August 21, 2020, 02:38:48 PM »

And the actor Samuel L Jackson. He has a very funny way of managing his stutter ;)

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #3629 on: August 21, 2020, 02:44:10 PM »

And the actor Samuel L Jackson. He has a very funny way of managing his stutter ;)

'Muthafucka' is an incredible panacea.

:P

Kris

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3630 on: August 21, 2020, 03:25:07 PM »

Churchill, as well. He seemed to manage.

MasterStache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3631 on: August 21, 2020, 04:32:03 PM »

Trump was impeached, therefore he cannot pardon anyone. He can only commute a sentence. Important to understand that commuting a sentence, unlike a pardon, does not absolve one of their crime(s).
« Last Edit: August 21, 2020, 04:33:51 PM by MasterStache »

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #3632 on: August 21, 2020, 04:36:52 PM »

Trump was impeached, therefore he cannot pardon anyone. He can only commute a sentence. Important to understand that commuting a sentence, unlike a pardon, does not absolve one of their crime(s).

Oh.  So it doesn't remove their crime, just the consequences of their crime?

Freedom2016

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3633 on: August 21, 2020, 05:15:17 PM »
Trump was impeached, therefore he cannot pardon anyone. He can only commute a sentence.

Source? I've never heard this.

nereo

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #3634 on: August 21, 2020, 05:22:23 PM »

I believe you misunderstand. A president cannot circumvent a federal impeachment by issuing a pardon. As far as I know Trumps power to otherwise pardon people has not and cannot be curtailed while he is in office.

Steve Brannon is a private citizen, and therefore impervious to impeachment, so Trump can pardon him for federal (but not State) crimes.

bacchi

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3635 on: August 21, 2020, 05:24:24 PM »
Trump was impeached, therefore he cannot pardon anyone. He can only commute a sentence.

Source? I've never heard this.

He can't pardon anyone related to his impeachment trial. He can pardon other people.

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2020/02/27/trump-pardon-roger-stone-constitution-117757
https://politicalwire.com/2020/02/27/why-trump-cant-pardon-roger-stone/

However, Mother Jones think it was because a pardoned person can no longer plead the 5th.

https://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2020/07/why-did-trump-commute-roger-stones-sentence-instead-of-pardoning-him/

But wait! An early report had Mueller putting limits on Stone's pardon by setting up deferred state charges in NY.

https://www.palmerreport.com/analysis/pardon-roger-stone-mueller-trump-cant/15521/

MasterStache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3636 on: August 21, 2020, 06:43:23 PM »

I believe you misunderstand. A president cannot circumvent a federal impeachment by issuing a pardon. As far as I know Trumps power to otherwise pardon people has not and cannot be curtailed while he is in office.

Steve Brannon is a private citizen, and therefore impervious to impeachment, so Trump can pardon him for federal (but not State) crimes.

Yes, my bad. I was way to broad with my statement. Thanks for the correction.

Kyle Schuant

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3637 on: August 21, 2020, 09:46:22 PM »
"Highlighting what’s wrong with him is futile; his supporters didn’t elect him because they mistook him for a competent administrator or a decent man. They’re angry, not stupid.  Trump is an agent of disruption — indeed, of revenge."

https://blog.usejournal.com/why-trump-is-likely-to-win-again-23e56ccff95b

Travis

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3638 on: August 22, 2020, 06:42:13 AM »

If by "successful" you mean he was not removed from office.  However he was still impeached and didn't get the 'poll-bump' that many had predicted, a-la-Clinton.

I hesitate to call that a "win".  At best it seems like a draw. He wasn't removed, but he certainly wasn't exonerated, and one could argue his conduct and evidence turned many independent voters against him.

He stayed in office and is still putting up a fight for reelection. That's all the win that he needs. Polls aren't the same thing as votes. If he wins with how badly his numbers have been that'll just be more fuel for his "genius" and how the media has been out to get him.

Leisured

• Pencil Stache
  • Retired, and loving it.
« Reply #3639 on: August 23, 2020, 01:31:19 AM »
"Highlighting what’s wrong with him is futile; his supporters didn’t elect him because they mistook him for a competent administrator or a decent man. They’re angry, not stupid.  Trump is an agent of disruption — indeed, of revenge."

Thank you for the article, Kyle.

Roadrunner53

• Magnum Stache

OzzieandHarriet

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3641 on: August 23, 2020, 07:37:25 AM »

One could go through that piece and point out everything that’s incorrect, overblown, and badly argued but I don’t have the time or energy. It’s another self-indulgent emotional whine that ignores basic facts.

former player

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3642 on: August 23, 2020, 08:19:54 AM »

One could go through that piece and point out everything that’s incorrect, overblown, and badly argued but I don’t have the time or energy. It’s another self-indulgent emotional whine that ignores basic facts.
I think the point of the article is that Trump has never been about basic facts and that his self-indulgent emotional whining speaks to a lot of people.

waltworks

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3643 on: August 23, 2020, 09:18:02 AM »
Yeah, Kyle is right. I've never understood why people love to gleefully point out Trump's incompetence/failings/etc, thinking that Trump supporters will change their minds.

They are nihilists at this point, folks. Those Trump shortcomings are a *feature*, not a bug. There are a lot of people that truly think that the whole system is broken/corrupt and cannot be saved and if they can't vote for someone they think will fix it, they'll at least vote for someone who will break it into a thousand pieces.

It's entirely logical from their point of view. Median incomes have been stagnant for what, 45 years now? If you're reading MMM, you're experiencing a completely different reality.

-W

OtherJen

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3644 on: August 23, 2020, 09:43:23 AM »
Yeah, Kyle is right. I've never understood why people love to gleefully point out Trump's incompetence/failings/etc, thinking that Trump supporters will change their minds.

They are nihilists at this point, folks. Those Trump shortcomings are a *feature*, not a bug. There are a lot of people that truly think that the whole system is broken/corrupt and cannot be saved and if they can't vote for someone they think will fix it, they'll at least vote for someone who will break it into a thousand pieces.

It's entirely logical from their point of view. Median incomes have been stagnant for what, 45 years now? If you're reading MMM, you're experiencing a completely different reality.

-W

Yes, we get that. I still think he’s probably going to win. Doesn’t mean I have to like it or even be okay with it, and doesn’t mean we shouldn’t still be able to vent. I mean, the very first post from the OP, talltexan, states clearly that “I'm starting this new thread to be a landing point for people who want to say they were right about Trump all along.”

I’m Mexican-American and work in science publishing (after more than a decade in immunology research). I’m angry at Trump and everyone who just wants to see him blow shit up, and for good reason.

OzzieandHarriet

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3645 on: August 23, 2020, 09:57:52 AM »

I think the point of the article is that Trump has never been about basic facts and that his self-indulgent emotional whining speaks to a lot of people.

I meant the author’s emotional whining and disregard of basic facts.

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #3646 on: August 23, 2020, 11:38:19 AM »

I meant the author’s emotional whining and disregard of basic facts.

Can you elaborate as to exactly which facts are being disregarded in the article?

MasterStache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3647 on: August 23, 2020, 07:04:11 PM »

Anger often results in very poor decision making. Knowing why one voted for Trump does not mean the reasoning itself isn’t stupid. Revenge sure is stupid. I mean we aren’t talking about letting your dog shit in the neighbors yard. We are talking about electing an incompetent moron who tells people to inject bleach and hates brown skin people so much he likes to lock their kids in cages. How many Covid deaths are we up to? That revenge is working out real well.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2020, 05:10:07 AM by MasterStache »

sixwings

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3648 on: August 23, 2020, 09:33:49 PM »
I doubt that people who just want to blow everything up is a majority of the electorate. Or even that big of a segment.

Lews Therin

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Magnum Stache
  • Fee-only Financial Planner
« Reply #3649 on: August 23, 2020, 09:47:12 PM »
I doubt that people who just want to blow everything up is a majority of the electorate. Or even that big of a segment.

But what if 40% is democrat no matter what, and 40% is republican no matter what... then you are playing with just tiny portions of the electorate.

But bonus sadness fun, 10% doesn't vote.