Author Topic: Trump outrage of the day  (Read 500422 times)

Roadrunner53

• Magnum Stache
Re: Trump outrage of the day
« Reply #6200 on: December 27, 2020, 09:10:59 AM »
Anyone think Bernie Madoff will be pardoned?

Just Joe

• Magnum Stache
  • Here to learn.
« Reply #6201 on: December 27, 2020, 09:21:31 AM »
I really expected the communications network to be more capable of re-routing around problems like the Nashville bombing. I called someone in the affected region yesterday and got a "all circuits are busy" message. Its more than just Nashville, its many counties around it as well. Friend says the 911 system is down in multiple counties miles away from Nashville.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2020, 09:23:06 AM by Just Joe »

OtherJen

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #6202 on: December 27, 2020, 09:44:53 AM »
So, Trump refused to sign the relief bill, which cuts off unemployment benefits. He was more or less MIA during the long and contentious negotiations to get the bill through Congress and then issues ultimatums on content at the last minute and after bites have been cast. This wasn't a negotiation, it was a petulant temper tantrum with total disregard for the impacts to Americans. See also the veto if the defense bill.

It is as deranged as the asshole who would throw acid on a lover of they couldn't have them.  I feel like we don't so much need him out if office so much as we need a restraining order.

Yep. Also, a bomb went off in a major US city on Friday morning and he hasn't issued a statement. Plus, we're facing a partial government shutdown on Tuesday. Crickets from the White House.

See below for his choice of Twitter rant this morning. I'm super glad that this, golfing, and employing his ethically deficient children are how he's using his US taxpayer-funded salary and housing:

MudPuppy

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #6203 on: December 27, 2020, 10:01:05 AM »
I really expected the communications network to be more capable of re-routing around problems like the Nashville bombing. I called someone in the affected region yesterday and got a "all circuits are busy" message. Its more than just Nashville, its many counties around it as well. Friend says the 911 system is down in multiple counties miles away from Nashville.

Yep. The outages are felt down into Alabama and up into Kentucky. I’m really surprised that there hasn’t been some sort of reroute that can restore all but the areas closest to the site. I’m in the middle of several days off and I have food at home and plenty of books to read so my only problem is that I can’t binge The Mandalorian like I had planned and I don’t have any cash to go get bananas.

OtherJen

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #6204 on: December 27, 2020, 10:19:17 AM »

Yep. The outages are felt down into Alabama and up into Kentucky. I’m really surprised that there hasn’t been some sort of reroute that can restore all but the areas closest to the site. I’m in the middle of several days off and I have food at home and plenty of books to read so my only problem is that I can’t binge The Mandalorian like I had planned and I don’t have any cash to go get bananas.

You would think the POTUS would be concerned about a multistate outage that affects first responders, especially since some of his most ardent supporters are from those states.

But it doesn't affect his ability to tweet or watch OAN so all is well, I guess.

nereo

• Senior Mustachian
    • Here's how you can support science today:
« Reply #6205 on: December 27, 2020, 11:16:06 AM »
Initial signs point to a white guy for the Nashville bombing (i.e. ‘Person of Interest’ #1). Since there’s no one wearing a turban Or speaking ‘mexican there’s little for Trump to get upset about (I guess).

I’m also cynical that Trump *wants* the economy to tank next month, or at least doesn’t care if it does. After all, then he can talk about how ‘great’ it was when he was POTUS and how horrible it was the minute Biden took office (even if the free-fall starts a few weeks early - hey, that’s everyone expecting Biden, amiright?!)

Just Joe

• Magnum Stache
  • Here to learn.
« Reply #6206 on: December 27, 2020, 02:21:48 PM »
Saw this one: https://youtu.be/VgtsSXbH7lE

Seems reasonable to ensure future presidents might have spending limitations when it comes to entertainment perhaps?

The cost to keep the big baby entertained is utterly ridiculous!

Give future presidents an expense account. Limit how and where they can spend it. If they want to go to the beach every weekend let them pay for it out of pocket! All of it out of pocket. If they want to weekend at Camp David or some other government facility - then pick up the tab.

Geez, government employees have to account for nickels and dimes and this guy is spending hundreds of millions of tax dollars to go to Florida every weekend - much of which he pockets. Should NEVER work like that. 

BussoV6

• Stubble
« Reply #6207 on: December 28, 2020, 04:49:04 AM »
Anyone think Bernie Madoff will be pardoned?

Only if he is related to or expressed support (dollars) for Trump.

nereo

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #6208 on: December 28, 2020, 08:09:00 AM »
Amid rampant speculation that Trump will run again in 2024 I found this fairly interesting:

The majority of US Presidents have severed less than 2 full terms.  Only one (Grover Cleveland) has lost as the incumbent and gone on to win a second (non-consecutive) term.

I had always been under the impression that the two-term president was the norm.  It's not. It's not even common in the 'modern' (i.e. post-WWII) era: just five have managed to serve two full terms (Eisenhower, Reagan, G.W Bush, Clinton and Obama) - 7 served less than two terms.*  Including all presidents, just 14 have served at least two full terms (FDR was elected 4x and died in office).

Grover Cleveland is the only elected president to serve non-consecutive terms, and it's worth noting that all prior to Eisenhower (the 34th President) were not limited by term limits (though eight died in office, thereby making them ineligible to run for re-election); 31 have served less than two full terms.

None of this is to say that Trump WON'T run for election or even that he won't win if he does, but eliminating those who died in office and served two full terms (a norm before it was a restriction) there were 24 could have run for re-election after losing the previous cycle, and only one succeeded.  Most simply decided not to run again, though Teddy Roosevelt notably tried (and failed) in a 3rd-party bid. 

*Kennedy was assasinated, LBJ served out the rest of his term plus one full term. Ditto for Truman (who replaced FDR). Nixon resigned leaving Ford to serve just under a term (he was the only president never elected to Prez or VP). Carter, Bush Sr, and Trump (so far) all served just one term.

brandon1827

• Stubble
« Reply #6209 on: December 28, 2020, 09:24:22 AM »
Initial signs point to a white guy for the Nashville bombing (i.e. ‘Person of Interest’ #1). Since there’s no one wearing a turban Or speaking ‘mexican there’s little for Trump to get upset about (I guess).

I’m also cynical that Trump *wants* the economy to tank next month, or at least doesn’t care if it does. After all, then he can talk about how ‘great’ it was when he was POTUS and how horrible it was the minute Biden took office (even if the free-fall starts a few weeks early - hey, that’s everyone expecting Biden, amiright?!)

It was a 63-year old white man with an IT background who was reportedly near retirement. The buzz around here in middle TN is that he was a Q-anon conspiracy believer and specifically subcribed to the '5G' conspiracy. He lived near downtown and had knowledge of how to cripple the communications infrastructure. Internet and phone service has been down here since Christmas morning; including 911 services for many surrounding counties in TN and KY. I live 40 miles northwest of Nashville and I got limited cell service back last night...but it still isn't working properly. From what I'm reading and hearing around here, they won't call it "terrorism" until they can link his motive to a particular ideaology...which is bullshit. He was a domestic terrorist...but because he's a white dude named Anthony, they won't call it that...and of course not a peep from Trump.

We're getting to a point where this unchecked feeding of conspiracy theories by "news" outlets need to be addressed somehow. I fear that the closer we get to January 6th and/or January 20th, the more of this sort of thing may happen.

Glenstache

• Magnum Stache
  • Target FI date 2027 (maybe?)
« Reply #6210 on: December 28, 2020, 09:33:03 AM »

It was a 63-year old white man with an IT background who was reportedly near retirement. The buzz around here in middle TN is that he was a Q-anon conspiracy believer and specifically subcribed to the '5G' conspiracy. He lived near downtown and had knowledge of how to cripple the communications infrastructure. Internet and phone service has been down here since Christmas morning; including 911 services for many surrounding counties in TN and KY. I live 40 miles northwest of Nashville and I got limited cell service back last night...but it still isn't working properly. From what I'm reading and hearing around here, they won't call it "terrorism" until they can link his motive to a particular ideaology...which is bullshit. He was a domestic terrorist...but because he's a white dude named Anthony, they won't call it that...and of course not a peep from Trump.

We're getting to a point where this unchecked feeding of conspiracy theories by "news" outlets need to be addressed somehow. I fear that the closer we get to January 6th and/or January 20th, the more of this sort of thing may happen.
Trump is openly calling his supporters to support him in person in DC on Jan 6 in opposition to the final process of the electoral college process in Congress. The GOP is either complicit in this or so lacking in backbone as to avoid openly speaking out against the actions of Trump out of fear of his retribution through his base. But Trump's power is illusory and only exists through the consent of those willing to avoid upsetting him.

OtherJen

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #6211 on: December 28, 2020, 11:20:27 AM »
Yep.

nereo

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #6212 on: December 28, 2020, 11:57:35 AM »

Can you briefly summarize the "5G Conspiracy" so that I don't have to dive down another internet hell-hole?

ixtap

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #6213 on: December 28, 2020, 12:31:25 PM »

Can you briefly summarize the "5G Conspiracy" so that I don't have to dive down another internet hell-hole?

5G is mind control AND causing the COVID symptoms/deaths.

nereo

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #6214 on: December 28, 2020, 12:34:06 PM »

Bejezuss.... that’s worse than I thought.  I was expecting something along the lines of “it’s a Trojan Horse for China and will lead to a communist takeover”.  That at least would be based a teeny-tiny amount on reality (e.g. security).

I give the conspiracy theorists too much credit.

Glenstache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #6215 on: December 28, 2020, 01:13:29 PM »

Bejezuss.... that’s worse than I thought.  I was expecting something along the lines of “it’s a Trojan Horse for China and will lead to a communist takeover”.  That at least would be based a teeny-tiny amount on reality (e.g. security).

I give the conspiracy theorists too much credit.
Ironically, Qanon appears to exert some sort of mass mind control/hysteria and encourages actions that result in covid deaths...

Sugaree

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #6216 on: December 28, 2020, 01:19:51 PM »

The Troubles:  US Edition

SunnyDays

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6217 on: December 28, 2020, 02:32:58 PM »
Wait, I thought the Covid vaccine was the mind control vehicle!

It will be hard for Trump to run in 2024 from prison.

MudPuppy

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #6218 on: December 28, 2020, 02:34:01 PM »
The vaccine has the trackers, the 5G has the mind control!

SunnyDays

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6219 on: December 28, 2020, 03:16:17 PM »
Scarily, that makes sense!

Glenstache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #6220 on: December 28, 2020, 03:26:19 PM »
Given all of the paranoia about deep state and tracking, I wonder what the cookie policy is on Parler.

OtherJen

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #6221 on: December 28, 2020, 03:47:38 PM »
Given all of the paranoia about deep state and tracking, I wonder what the cookie policy is on Parler.

https://legal.parler.com/documents/privacypolicy.pdf

Glenstache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #6222 on: December 28, 2020, 04:15:27 PM »

https://legal.parler.com/documents/privacypolicy.pdf
Well, THAT was an interesting read. "Nothing more than what would be on your W-9" really stuck out.

Just Joe

• Magnum Stache
  • Here to learn.
« Reply #6223 on: December 28, 2020, 04:17:45 PM »
Ironically, Qanon appears to exert some sort of mass mind control/hysteria and encourages actions that result in covid deaths...

Kind of describes so much about the past 10+ years. Especially Trump's years. Project, project, project...

Just Joe

• Magnum Stache
  • Here to learn.
« Reply #6224 on: December 29, 2020, 09:44:00 AM »
So when Trump is gone - will there be a thread for calling out conservative BS?

https://healthfeedback.org/claimreview/prageru-video-contains-misleading-claims-about-covid-19-deaths-falsely-claims-94-of-covid-19-deaths-had-pre-existing-conditions/

Maybe I'm not paying attention but is there a liberal equivalent to the conservative misinformation machine demonstrated for the past 20+ years that is as dangerous?

Travis

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #6225 on: December 29, 2020, 05:58:13 PM »

https://healthfeedback.org/claimreview/prageru-video-contains-misleading-claims-about-covid-19-deaths-falsely-claims-94-of-covid-19-deaths-had-pre-existing-conditions/

Maybe I'm not paying attention but is there a liberal equivalent to the conservative misinformation machine demonstrated for the past 20+ years that is as dangerous?

The entire media establishment according to Fox, OANN, and Newsmax. They're on an island of truth under siege by the fake news left. 

There's plenty of left-leaning bullshit news out there, but tends to be a little more fringe and less organized. Think of where the anti-vaxxer movement gets its info or where MLMs circulate their claims.  If I had to pick a liberal version of Fox News it would be MSNBC, but I've never seen Rachel Maddow or her guests demand that the audience gear up to storm the Bastille.

moneypitfeeder

• Stubble
« Reply #6226 on: December 29, 2020, 06:09:31 PM »
I just wish the big baby would get the vaccine, I just got to listen to my sister, of all people, tell my 70-ish mother that the Covid vaccine is known to cause death, horrible side effects, and HIV. Yes, she believes that it can cause HIV. Maybe if our illustrious leader would get the shot it would persuade the general public it is safe.

nereo

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #6227 on: December 29, 2020, 06:11:52 PM »

The entire media establishment according to Fox, OANN, and Newsmax. They're on an island of truth under siege by the fake news left. 

I’ve never understood how people can believe there’s a universal left-wing bias in news media, but in my very GOP-leaning district that’s an “accepted truth”.  Somehow they ignore that FoxNews is the most-watched news program, that Hannity is the most-watched news pundit (or whatever he calls himself), and that Limbaugh is the most-listened to syndicated political talk-show.  So they’ve got the top news network, tv program and radio, not to mention they seem to dominate many dark corners of the internet (e.g. QAnon) and a number of large-circulation newspapers (e.g. WSJ and NY Post)... yet somehow they all believe that it’s all liberal propagada, all the time, everywhere.

Travis

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #6228 on: December 29, 2020, 06:31:31 PM »

I’ve never understood how people can believe there’s a universal left-wing bias in news media, but in my very GOP-leaning district that’s an “accepted truth”.  Somehow they ignore that FoxNews is the most-watched news program, that Hannity is the most-watched news pundit (or whatever he calls himself), and that Limbaugh is the most-listened to syndicated political talk-show.  So they’ve got the top news network, tv program and radio, not to mention they seem to dominate many dark corners of the internet (e.g. QAnon) and a number of large-circulation newspapers (e.g. WSJ and NY Post)... yet somehow they all believe that it’s all liberal propagada, all the time, everywhere.

More ironic is that Tucker Carlson had to explicitly state that he's not a reputable journalist in order to get out of a defamation lawsuit earlier this year. His lawyer argued that basically he's just some asshole with an opinion and a TV show.

nereo

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #6229 on: December 29, 2020, 07:19:31 PM »
Tucker!  That’s the one I was forgetting.  Rush, Tucker and Hannity are all at the top in terms of viewership of their respective shows.  Yet “all news is left-wing” ...?

Tucker certainly plays the “I’m not a journalist’ card frequently... usually right before he claims to reveal some news story.  The sad thing is - he was actually a decent journalist and writer before he went down that white-power, xenophobic, right-wing rabbit whole.
...and somehow Rivera - the guy that got hit in the face by a white supremist on live TV - is now the journalist with [some] integrity.  Weird.

ixtap

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #6230 on: December 29, 2020, 08:14:38 PM »

More ironic is that Tucker Carlson had to explicitly state that he's not a reputable journalist in order to get out of a defamation lawsuit earlier this year. His lawyer argued that basically he's just some asshole with an opinion and a TV show.

Next thing you know, he will be running for US President.

Travis

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #6231 on: December 29, 2020, 08:23:25 PM »
Tucker!  That’s the one I was forgetting.  Rush, Tucker and Hannity are all at the top in terms of viewership of their respective shows.  Yet “all news is left-wing” ...?

Tucker certainly plays the “I’m not a journalist’ card frequently... usually right before he claims to reveal some news story.  The sad thing is - he was actually a decent journalist and writer before he went down that white-power, xenophobic, right-wing rabbit whole.
...and somehow Rivera - the guy that got hit in the face by a white supremist on live TV - is now the journalist with [some] integrity.  Weird.

Rivera is just good a smelling the favorable winds. Just two months ago he was right there with Hannity and Lindsay Graham about the election. Now he's yelling at his peers to get over it while at the same time having the gall to say the vaccines were something Trump forced the drug companies to produce.

caracarn

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6232 on: December 30, 2020, 10:36:36 AM »
I just wish the big baby would get the vaccine, I just got to listen to my sister, of all people, tell my 70-ish mother that the Covid vaccine is known to cause death, horrible side effects, and HIV. Yes, she believes that it can cause HIV. Maybe if our illustrious leader would get the shot it would persuade the general public it is safe.
My brother is a first responder in IL and told the same thing to my mother who now is refusing to get it as well as authorize it to be given to her 97 year old mother in a nursing home.  So it is not just our leader, it is people who should know better.  It is a mess.  So upset with my brother.

scottish

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6233 on: December 30, 2020, 04:47:15 PM »
My brother is a first responder in IL and told the same thing to my mother who now is refusing to get it as well as authorize it to be given to her 97 year old mother in a nursing home.  So it is not just our leader, it is people who should know better.  It is a mess.  So upset with my brother.

That's crazy.    People think a vaccine will cause HIV?   I suppose this is the same bunch that won't use condoms...
« Last Edit: December 30, 2020, 04:50:13 PM by scottish »

marty998

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #6234 on: December 30, 2020, 08:25:32 PM »

That's crazy.    People think a vaccine will cause HIV?   I suppose this is the same bunch that won't use condoms...

I suspect this conspiracy theory is Australian in origin. The (now abandoned) vaccine that was being developed here by the University of Queensland used strands of the HIV DNA in its development. Because of that DNA within the vaccine, all trial participants tested ‘positive’ to HIV during the clinical trials.

Of course, the participants didn’t actually have HIV, but such a result no doubt has the potential to stir mass panic, and renders useless subsequent routine blood tests people may need because of the guaranteed false positive.

Despite the venture turning out to be a “failure”, the science behind using HIV in this manner is remarkably promising.

Science is like that sometimes, but the nuance is lost of many people.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2020, 08:27:29 PM by marty998 »

nereo

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #6235 on: December 31, 2020, 05:16:14 AM »
Trump sent out a tweet: “Jan 6th, SEE YOU IN DC!!”

For context, that’s when Congress meets to certify the election - the one that saw Biden win 306 electoral votes, that has been upheld in over 60 court challenges and about a dozen recounts (three in Georgia alone!). A bunch of his supporters are planning numerous protests in DC, including the right-wing domestic terrorists group Proud Boys, who are talking of “an armed insurrection”.

Roger Stone, Michael Flynn and George Papadopoulos (all convicted while working for Trump - and recently pardoned) are scheduled as headline speakers.

moneypitfeeder

• Stubble
« Reply #6236 on: December 31, 2020, 09:10:36 AM »
Thank you @marty998 at least now I may have a chance at convincing my sis to get the shot when we finally become eligible with that info about the abandoned trial vaccine.

GreenEggs

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6237 on: December 31, 2020, 08:18:13 PM »
So, Trump and Pence have abruptly left their planned New Year's eve planned events to return to DC.  Does anyone know what they're up to? 

FIPurpose

• Handlebar Stache
    • FI With Purpose
« Reply #6238 on: December 31, 2020, 09:21:42 PM »
So, Trump and Pence have abruptly left their planned New Year's eve planned events to return to DC.  Does anyone know what they're up to?

Well Pence at least has to be there for the electoral confirmation on Wednesday.

Travis

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #6239 on: December 31, 2020, 11:10:00 PM »
Just about every world leader with a microphone today: "2020 was rough, but community/fortitude/hope/cooperation/etc."

Trump: "It's been a couple weeks since I mentioned how awesome I am."

OtherJen

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #6240 on: January 01, 2021, 06:11:19 AM »
Just about every world leader with a microphone today: "2020 was rough, but community/fortitude/hope/cooperation/etc."

Trump: "It's been a couple weeks since I mentioned how awesome I am."

I would expect nothing more of him. He isn't capable of more, not even when it would help him politically.

Trump’s Focus as the Pandemic Raged: What Would It Mean for Him? (NY Times)

Throughout late summer and fall, in the heat of a re-election campaign that he would go on to lose, and in the face of mounting evidence of a surge in infections and deaths far worse than in the spring, Mr. Trump’s management of the crisis — unsteady, unscientific and colored by politics all year — was in effect reduced to a single question: What would it mean for him?

The result, according to interviews with more than two dozen current and former administration officials and others in contact with the White House, was a lose-lose situation. Mr. Trump not only ended up soundly defeated by Joseph R. Biden Jr., but missed his chance to show that he could rise to the moment in the final chapter of his presidency and meet the defining challenge of his tenure.

bacchi

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #6241 on: January 01, 2021, 11:17:11 AM »
Trump sent out a tweet: “Jan 6th, SEE YOU IN DC!!”

For context, that’s when Congress meets to certify the election - the one that saw Biden win 306 electoral votes, that has been upheld in over 60 court challenges and about a dozen recounts (three in Georgia alone!). A bunch of his supporters are planning numerous protests in DC, including the right-wing domestic terrorists group Proud Boys, who are talking of “an armed insurrection”.

Roger Stone, Michael Flynn and George Papadopoulos (all convicted while working for Trump - and recently pardoned) are scheduled as headline speakers.

Yeah, the alt-right boards have talk about taking over the pedestrian tunnels to stop Congresslings from leaving the building that way. There's a lot of posturing on those boards but their ilk did attempt to storm the Michigan capitol building and kidnap the governor.

Antifa is trying to get counter-protestors to not show up to avoid confrontation. Let the Boys show traitorous they truly are.

OtherJen

• Magnum Stache

bacchi

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #6243 on: January 02, 2021, 07:04:48 PM »
Presented without comment: Pro-Trump lawyer Lin Wood insists he is not insane after tweeting that Mike Pence should face execution by firing squad (Business Insider)

There's a reason his former law partners dissolved the partnership. Besides claiming that Roberts is a pedophile, he also claimed that Roberts was involved in Scalia's death. Oh, and Epstein is alive and has flipped.

He's a loon.

Just Joe

• Magnum Stache
  • Here to learn.
« Reply #6244 on: January 02, 2021, 07:07:03 PM »
Has any other presidency revealed so many loons so close to the president?

OzzieandHarriet

• Bristles
« Last Edit: January 02, 2021, 10:12:46 PM by OzzieandHarriet »

bacchi

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #6246 on: January 02, 2021, 10:44:07 PM »
Not sure what else they can do unless some Dems flip in the House.

The good news is that there's a limit on this -- 2 hours x states won by Biden. (Maybe the Dems should oppose the Texas electors?)

Eta: This is disturbing. Another glaring hole in the power of the US President and the election process. https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/530306-no-biden-hasnt-won-yet-one-more-nightmare-scenario.

Though, if it comes down to a major delay, the Dems can oppose the R states/electors and run out the clock, giving us...President Nancy Pelosi. She serves until the House chooses a Prez by state and the new Senate chooses a VP by majority (it always does; the old Senate doesn't pick the VP). If the Senate is 50-50 and there is no acting VP to split the tie, then what happens? And can the House majority just not take up a vote?

What a (admittedly far-fetched) shit show.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2021, 11:21:09 PM by bacchi »

MilesTeg

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6247 on: January 03, 2021, 06:46:50 AM »
Not sure what else they can do unless some Dems flip in the House.

The good news is that there's a limit on this -- 2 hours x states won by Biden. (Maybe the Dems should oppose the Texas electors?)

Eta: This is disturbing. Another glaring hole in the power of the US President and the election process. https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/530306-no-biden-hasnt-won-yet-one-more-nightmare-scenario.

Though, if it comes down to a major delay, the Dems can oppose the R states/electors and run out the clock, giving us...President Nancy Pelosi. She serves until the House chooses a Prez by state and the new Senate chooses a VP by majority (it always does; the old Senate doesn't pick the VP). If the Senate is 50-50 and there is no acting VP to split the tie, then what happens? And can the House majority just not take up a vote?

What a (admittedly far-fetched) shit show.

This won't happen. In order to force a contingent vote in the house you have to finish the electoral vote counting first as the only way to get to a contingent vote is if no candidate gets a majority of votes. Biden has the majority of votes and the Democrat House will never allow Trump to swindle his way into a second term.

The Hill is a right wing rag.

wenchsenior

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #6248 on: January 03, 2021, 10:29:59 AM »
Presented without comment: Pro-Trump lawyer Lin Wood insists he is not insane after tweeting that Mike Pence should face execution by firing squad (Business Insider)

There's a reason his former law partners dissolved the partnership. Besides claiming that Roberts is a pedophile, he also claimed that Roberts was involved in Scalia's death. Oh, and Epstein is alive and has flipped.

He's a loon.

This is a commonly held belief among a big subset of Trump supporters, apparently.

Just Joe

• Magnum Stache
  • Here to learn.
« Reply #6249 on: January 03, 2021, 10:51:29 AM »
I hope what we are witnessing is the Republicans playing their own supporters to maximize political contributions. Also, it is easier to be a GOP critic than a Dem leader.