Author Topic: Trump outrage of the day  (Read 500425 times)

Just Joe

• Magnum Stache
  • Here to learn.
Re: Trump outrage of the day
« Reply #6100 on: December 18, 2020, 07:40:20 AM »
curiously, lots of Trump supporters believe that the SCOTUS is in on the steal as well.

“It’s clear the election has been stolen,” said Mark Paul Jones of Delaware Water Gap, Pennsylvania, who sported a tricorner Revolutionary War hat as he walked toward the Supreme Court with his wife.

Trump “is being railroaded out of office,” he said, adding that Biden won with the complicity of the Supreme Court, FBI, Department of Justice and CIA. The Supreme Court “didn’t even take the time to hear the case,” Jones said.

I've have to wonder if the US will split in half somehow.    As long as the smaller population in rural states can enable control of the senate for the Republicans the US seems to be stuck in this gridlock.

If the mid-Atlantic, New England, and West Coast seceded, the US would once again become the best country in the world. You could donate the remaining states to Mexico. Allow free movement for 30 days before the secession so that people can cross to their preferred areas first.

That would make homeowners really happy. Tied down and 30 days until a national reorganization? That fictional situation ought to make anyone with a job twitchy too. How would you know that you'd have a job on the "other side"?

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #6101 on: December 18, 2020, 08:39:40 AM »
curiously, lots of Trump supporters believe that the SCOTUS is in on the steal as well.

“It’s clear the election has been stolen,” said Mark Paul Jones of Delaware Water Gap, Pennsylvania, who sported a tricorner Revolutionary War hat as he walked toward the Supreme Court with his wife.

Trump “is being railroaded out of office,” he said, adding that Biden won with the complicity of the Supreme Court, FBI, Department of Justice and CIA. The Supreme Court “didn’t even take the time to hear the case,” Jones said.

I've have to wonder if the US will split in half somehow.    As long as the smaller population in rural states can enable control of the senate for the Republicans the US seems to be stuck in this gridlock.

If the mid-Atlantic, New England, and West Coast seceded, the US would once again become the best country in the world. You could donate the remaining states to Mexico. Allow free movement for 30 days before the secession so that people can cross to their preferred areas first.

That would make homeowners really happy. Tied down and 30 days until a national reorganization? That fictional situation ought to make anyone with a job twitchy too. How would you know that you'd have a job on the "other side"?

It's a pretty harsh idea altogether.

Mid-Atlantic, New England, and the West coast . . . that's the most productive area in America.  The rest of the US would rapidly devolve into a third world country.

Just Joe

• Magnum Stache
  • Here to learn.
« Reply #6102 on: December 18, 2020, 09:05:28 AM »
All these Russian hacking attacks - maybe this is Trump's equivalent to breaking all the furniture and dishes on his way out.

I'm 50/50 on whether he is a Russian operative or has some obligations to the Russians.

I'm not a conspiracy nut and I'm perfectly patient to wait 10-15 years for Trump to get old and die, and see if the rest of the story will come out.   

bacchi

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #6103 on: December 18, 2020, 09:51:52 AM »
All these Russian hacking attacks - maybe this is Trump's equivalent to breaking all the furniture and dishes on his way out.

I'm 50/50 on whether he is a Russian operative or has some obligations to the Russians.

I'm not a conspiracy nut and I'm perfectly patient to wait 10-15 years for Trump to get old and die, and see if the rest of the story will come out.

Putin is a dictator who doesn't take shit from anyone and makes decisions without the pesky courts interfering. He enriches himself and his friends. He's feared around the world.

The simplest explanation is that Putin is everything that Trump wants to be.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2020, 10:04:06 AM by bacchi »

partgypsy

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #6104 on: December 18, 2020, 09:56:46 AM »
They forgot to mention that Trump is being railroaded out of office with the complicity of the American public. Basically there are millions in on this conspiracy, all the people who voted trump out. The rest of the "complicity" is simply gov arms letting the will of the public prevail, and not intervene by propping up the losing incumbent prez. Maybe that's not as exciting to say...
« Last Edit: December 18, 2020, 10:16:38 AM by partgypsy »

bbqbonelesswing

• Bristles
« Reply #6105 on: December 18, 2020, 10:39:30 AM »
Maybe Trump should have appointed someone to head the DOE who didn't advocate for it to be abolished.

I think very little of the blame can be allocated to Trump or his appointees in this case. Supply-chain attacks are incredibly difficult for the end user to defend against or detect, and this sounds like a very sophisticated one.

A supply-chain attack is when a legitimate company that you buy software from is compromised, and then they ship something to you to that lets the hacker into your system too. Imagine Microsoft was hacked and then one of the Windows Updates included the hacker's code that let them in to your computer. How would you even know anything was wrong? You were doing everything right, even keeping your system up to date with security updates.

Edit: Of course, the fact that the White House seems to be completely uninterested in doing anything about it can be blamed on Trump. "Stunning", according to Mitt Romney.

I think this attack was probably years in the making, so nothing Perry could have done to prevent it, even if he had been doing his job. It also seems to be quite widespread. The lack of reaction though, as Romney put it, is stunning.

I imagine the Trump administration's stance on Russia over the past few years has also made them more comfortable with carrying out such attacks. We have a president who openly sides with Putin against his fellow countrymen, dismissing reports and warnings and basically displaying a total lack of any balls whatsoever.

This aged well:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/817748207694467072
Having a good relationship with Russia is a good thing, not a bad thing. Only "stupid" people, or fools, would think that it is bad!

bbqbonelesswing

• Bristles
« Reply #6106 on: December 18, 2020, 11:31:25 AM »
This is quite the report. I might pay for BI to read the whole thing:

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/12/bombshell-report-jared-kushner-set-up-shell-company-that-diverted-campaign-cash-to-trump-family-members/

Jared Kushner helped set up a shell company that secretly paid President Donald Trump’s family members and spent nearly half of his 2020 campaign’s funds.

The president’s son-in-law and White House senior adviser directed his sister-in-law Lara Trump, Vice President Mike Pence’s nephew John Pence and Trump campaign CFO Sean Dollman to sit on the shell company’s board, a source familiar with the operation told Business Insider.

The company, which was incorporated as American Made Media Consultants Corporation and American Made Media Consultants LLC, spent $617 million of the campaign’s $1.26 billion war chest, according to campaign finance records.

sherr

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6107 on: December 18, 2020, 12:30:49 PM »
This is quite the report. I might pay for BI to read the whole thing:

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/12/bombshell-report-jared-kushner-set-up-shell-company-that-diverted-campaign-cash-to-trump-family-members/

Jared Kushner helped set up a shell company that secretly paid President Donald Trump’s family members and spent nearly half of his 2020 campaign’s funds.

The president’s son-in-law and White House senior adviser directed his sister-in-law Lara Trump, Vice President Mike Pence’s nephew John Pence and Trump campaign CFO Sean Dollman to sit on the shell company’s board, a source familiar with the operation told Business Insider.

The company, which was incorporated as American Made Media Consultants Corporation and American Made Media Consultants LLC, spent $617 million of the campaign’s $1.26 billion war chest, according to campaign finance records.

Holy cow, half of their campaign funds? Advertising and rallies and such may not be able to buy many votes, but they can probably buy some. Given how close the election was in the tipping point state I'd wager that would have almost certainly pushed them over the edge.

But maybe not, maybe literally everyone already had their opinions set on Trump and nothing would convince them otherwise. Besides, the point of the Presidency has always been to put as much money in Trump Family pockets as possible, so who's to say that a second term would have been more profitable for them than $600 mil?

talltexan

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #6108 on: December 18, 2020, 01:29:02 PM »
Isn't there quite a bit of evidence that campaign spending doesn't do much to change the outcome of an election because more viable candidates tend to raise more money than crappy ones?

Glenstache

• Magnum Stache
  • Target FI date 2027 (maybe?)
« Reply #6109 on: December 18, 2020, 03:01:33 PM »
Just as a reminder of exactly how long this last year has been, today is the one year anniversary of Trump's impeachment in the House. It seems like an eternity ago.
https://www.congress.gov/116/bills/hres755/BILLS-116hres755enr.pdf

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #6110 on: December 19, 2020, 09:30:23 AM »
Just as a reminder of exactly how long this last year has been, today is the one year anniversary of Trump's impeachment in the House. It seems like an eternity ago.

I feel like the time would have gone quicker if there had been any consequence or repercussion at all for the impeachment.

nereo

• Senior Mustachian
    • Here's how you can support science today:
« Reply #6111 on: December 19, 2020, 12:10:15 PM »

I feel like the time would have gone quicker if there had been any consequence or repercussion at all for the impeachment.
But he learned his lesson!  - Sen Susan Collins

ysette9

• Walrus Stache
    • The Best Is Yet To Come
« Reply #6112 on: December 19, 2020, 03:28:06 PM »
I read a reasonably crappy book (Total Power by Kyle Mills) a few weeks ago about this guy who hacked the US electric grid and tried to sell it around, eventually partnering with some middle eastern terrorists to actually bring down the grid. Chaos ensues, violence, looting, government on the verge of collapse, the usual fiction stuff. The premise seemed plausible and then the rest of the book went downhill.

In any case the author had a note at the end in which he commented that he was surprised how vulnerable our grid is as part of the research he did for his writing.

Now we have proof that we have been hacked and much more than what the book imagined, and I’m thinking back to what the author had imagined happening to our society should do one actually choose to pull the plug.

Can someone give me reasons why I shouldn’t think we could have things collapse around us should whoever holds the keys to the kingdom now think it would be fun to watch us struggle?

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6113 on: December 19, 2020, 04:17:32 PM »
I read a reasonably crappy book (Total Power by Kyle Mills) a few weeks ago about this guy who hacked the US electric grid and tried to sell it around, eventually partnering with some middle eastern terrorists to actually bring down the grid. Chaos ensues, violence, looting, government on the verge of collapse, the usual fiction stuff. The premise seemed plausible and then the rest of the book went downhill.

In any case the author had a note at the end in which he commented that he was surprised how vulnerable our grid is as part of the research he did for his writing.

Now we have proof that we have been hacked and much more than what the book imagined, and I’m thinking back to what the author had imagined happening to our society should do one actually choose to pull the plug.

Can someone give me reasons why I shouldn’t think we could have things collapse around us should whoever holds the keys to the kingdom now think it would be fun to watch us struggle?

Someone more knowledgeable will likely chime in...  but I know enough to know that our electrical grid is very vulnerable and in need of hardening.  It is a significant amount of money but we would be DOA without the grid.

the_fixer

• Handlebar Stache
  • mind on my money money on my mind
« Reply #6114 on: December 19, 2020, 04:19:38 PM »

This is the sector I work in and a few weeks into the job I came home and told my wife that we need to buy a generator. We all go around fat dumb and happy when we flip the switch and the light comes on but few people realize how insecure and how quick it could change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the_fixer

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6115 on: December 19, 2020, 04:34:17 PM »

Someone more knowledgeable will likely chime in...  but I know enough to know that our electrical grid is very vulnerable and in need of hardening.  It is a significant amount of money but we would be DOA without the grid.
I can say we have made great progress in the last ~ 5 years, I was appalled when I first started some of the most simple security considerations were not even in place but it has been a fast and furious transformation where I am but it has been a bunch of hard work and a complete change in culture.

Lots of attention being paid to the ICS cyber security side of things now days and expect that it will take an even bigger role after last week.

CISA has some great training that is free. The ones for managers are a great general overview of cyber security and ICS.

https://us-cert.cisa.gov/ics/Training-Available-Through-ICS-CERT

marty998

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #6116 on: December 19, 2020, 04:39:54 PM »

This is the sector I work in and a few weeks into the job I came home and told my wife that we need to buy a generator. We all go around fat dumb and happy when we flip the switch and the light comes on but few people realize how insecure and how quick it could change.

On the occasional time where the grid does go down in Australia, much of the usual right-wing suspects blames renewables. Even when you can quite clearly point to photos of downed transmission towers that have been knocked over in the storm, the pro-coal lobby will come out and say "See! Wind power is bunkum".

The past decade our state governments have been selling off the generation assets to private operators. A certain oriental country was up in arms about being knocked back from buying them.

I have few issues selling to a private consortium of investors. Most of us draw a line when that investor has links to a foreign authoritarian government.

But heaven help us if a cyber attack does occur ... everyone will shout at governments to "do something" but what can they do when they don't own any of the assets?

Having off-grid solar with battery backup sounds like a necessity as time goes on.

the_fixer

• Handlebar Stache
Trump outrage of the day
« Reply #6117 on: December 19, 2020, 04:46:46 PM »

On the occasional time where the grid does go down in Australia, much of the usual right-wing suspects blames renewables. Even when you can quite clearly point to photos of downed transmission towers that have been knocked over in the storm, the pro-coal lobby will come out and say "See! Wind power is bunkum".

The past decade our state governments have been selling off the generation assets to private operators. A certain oriental country was up in arms about being knocked back from buying them.

I have few issues selling to a private consortium of investors. Most of us draw a line when that investor has links to a foreign authoritarian government.

But heaven help us if a cyber attack does occur ... everyone will shout at governments to "do something" but what can they do when they don't own any of the assets?

Having off-grid solar with battery backup sounds like a necessity as time goes on.

Here in the US most of it is owned by companies or cooperatives so while the government does not own the assets they provide regulation (EPA, NERC, FERC and CIP compliance for example) as well as education, monitor for threats at various agencies, provide early alerts and assistance in dealing with cyber and other threats so they do have a role here.

OtherJen

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #6118 on: December 19, 2020, 06:38:32 PM »
I hope the power grid has improved since the 2003 blackout, but I'm not hugely optimistic.

Alfred J Quack

• Bristles
« Reply #6119 on: December 20, 2020, 01:54:42 AM »
I'd think that the biggest issue is that the sellers want a specific price which is often the limiting factor for who is willing to buy.

In my country there were a lot of chinese family restaurants who kept really low prices, basically killing each other in competition. Nowadays those families are buying out another market where basically the same thing is happening. Prices are set really low because half their income isn't reported to the tax department, and they also save a ton for their offspring to go to college and keep loans and such to a minimum. Then other businesses from non chinese families take a hit because they can't match the price and put their shop up for sale. With an asking price far above what any sane businessperson would want to pay because the loan would be a huge drag on the business.
Then comes the next Chinese family that doesn't need a bank loan and the cycle continues.

Chinese families have a sort of mustachianism ingrained in them when they go to another country, this usually gets less pronounced with 2nd and 3rd generation. One of the core standpoints is that saved money is for the family. When you get married there is often a big party with lots of family donating money with the understanding that you buy a house with little or no mortgage and start saving to return the favour for their children.
Basically it's a family bank like construction built on trust.

To be fair, I'm married into a Chinese family and can see the inner workings a bit ;)

OzzieandHarriet

• Bristles

ysette9

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #6122 on: December 20, 2020, 01:04:42 PM »
And this:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/politics/trump-covid-pandemic-dark-winter/?itid=hp-top-table-main
Maybe it isn’t clear to everyone but the glaring lack of leadership at the federal level, particularly from the president is stunning. When I worked at a large government contractor I participated in a few failure investigations when things went really wrong with hardware we were building. Something broke or didn’t pass tests, paint peeled off, whatever, with big financial and schedule implications. Clearly these situations were orders of magnitude less grave than a pandemic with people dying, and yet the response teams seemed more coherent.

I saw conference rooms commandeered and set up as war rooms, multiple daily standing meetings, often seven days a week, to bring the entire team together to communicate updates, set priorities, share progress, and make sure everyone had a shared vision for what to do that day. Experts were divided up, failure fishbones were done to explore every possible cause and then work on mitigations, the person in charge kept track of resources, cost, schedule, and balanced competing priorities for those resources. That person critically made tough decisions with imperfect information and accepted the consequences of them because sitting around dithering was often worse than making a decision with best info available. That head person kept the team informed and also kept the head leadership of the company informed, while protecting the worker bees from the higher ups do they could stay focused.

Imagine if we had leadership like that from the start of the pandemic? One thing I learned from working these crises is that when SHTF, one strong leader is critically important. Unfortunately for us hundreds of thousands of people in the US are dying heedlessly due to the lack of such leadership.

OzzieandHarriet

• Bristles
« Reply #6123 on: December 20, 2020, 03:07:26 PM »
And this:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/politics/trump-covid-pandemic-dark-winter/?itid=hp-top-table-main
Maybe it isn’t clear to everyone but the glaring lack of leadership at the federal level, particularly from the president is stunning. When I worked at a large government contractor I participated in a few failure investigations when things went really wrong with hardware we were building. Something broke or didn’t pass tests, paint peeled off, whatever, with big financial and schedule implications. Clearly these situations were orders of magnitude less grave than a pandemic with people dying, and yet the response teams seemed more coherent.

I saw conference rooms commandeered and set up as war rooms, multiple daily standing meetings, often seven days a week, to bring the entire team together to communicate updates, set priorities, share progress, and make sure everyone had a shared vision for what to do that day. Experts were divided up, failure fishbones were done to explore every possible cause and then work on mitigations, the person in charge kept track of resources, cost, schedule, and balanced competing priorities for those resources. That person critically made tough decisions with imperfect information and accepted the consequences of them because sitting around dithering was often worse than making a decision with best info available. That head person kept the team informed and also kept the head leadership of the company informed, while protecting the worker bees from the higher ups do they could stay focused.

Imagine if we had leadership like that from the start of the pandemic? One thing I learned from working these crises is that when SHTF, one strong leader is critically important. Unfortunately for us hundreds of thousands of people in the US are dying heedlessly due to the lack of such leadership.

There are too many people who don’t consider this when deciding whom to vote for.

former player

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #6124 on: December 20, 2020, 03:37:58 PM »
And this:

There are too many people who don’t consider this when deciding whom to vote for.
A lot of people did see Trump as "strong" because they believed the rhetoric and saw him as a competent manager because they saw him on The Apprentice.  The problem is not necessarily what people want, it's being able to judge when they are being lied to.

PKFFW

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #6125 on: December 20, 2020, 04:49:13 PM »
A lot of people did see Trump as "strong" because they believed the rhetoric and saw him as a competent manager because they saw him on The Apprentice.  The problem is not necessarily what people want, it's being able to judge when they are being lied to.
I think most people knew they were being lied to.  It was just that it was a lie they wanted to hear and were willing to believe.  The proportion of people who are dumb enough to not realise they were being lied to is rather small I think.

nereo

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #6126 on: December 20, 2020, 06:01:35 PM »
I think most people knew they were being lied to.  It was just that it was a lie they wanted to hear and were willing to believe.  The proportion of people who are dumb enough to not realise they were being lied to is rather small I think.
For most Trump supporters I’ve talked to it comes down to “...but Hillary!

To them, even a factionalized, made-for-TV caricature of a “successful businessmen” is so obviously better than ‘Crooked Hillary’ that they snort at any suggestion he’s not what he pretends to be.

Just Joe

• Magnum Stache
  • Here to learn.
« Reply #6127 on: December 20, 2020, 06:25:54 PM »
We've all witnessed the average working person's opinions on a regular basis.

What worries the big money GOP donors about Biden? Presumably they may be better informed than the average person? Or am I completely wrong about this?

bbqbonelesswing

• Bristles
« Reply #6128 on: December 20, 2020, 06:56:44 PM »
And this:

Yes, it is absolutely stunning. The Trump administration fumbled even the easiest wins teed up for them. How hard could it have been to manufacture masks and other PPE? To pass a comprehensive stimulus? To not infect everyone in the White House with covid? Too hard for Trump, apparently.

Have you read The Fifth Risk by Michael Lewis? The GoodReads page sums it up well- "The Fifth Risk masterfully and vividly unspools the consequences of what happens when the people given control over our government have no idea how it works."

https://www.goodreads.com/en/book/show/46266188

ysette9

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #6129 on: December 20, 2020, 08:47:39 PM »
I haven’t read it, but thanks for the sighed took. I’ll add it to my list.

Roadrunner53

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #6130 on: December 21, 2020, 04:18:11 AM »
Funny how Trump can generate hundreds of lies a day but couldn't manufacture 'fake' lies for the pandemic. Fake 'Caring' about people, sickness and death rates from Covid. Considering it was an election year, you would think he would have kicked in his fake caring powers to show the people he was going to protect them and help them get thru these bad times. People want to think of their president as a Daddy figure. The one who will make sure their are no monsters under the bed. The one that will hold your hand and tell you everything is going to be alright. He can't fake caring because he has no ability to care. He could have given fake short caring speeches then handed over the podium to one of his appointed goons to oversee getting protective gear to the public, medicines and in the end take all the credit, as he always does. He could have said that he did it all to help and protect the American people. He was too dumb to even fake caring in an election year! When he finally doled out supplies, he had to make it sound like he was doing States a favor and was stingy if the State was run by Democrats. Seriously, is this a way for a president to act? Withhold needed supplies unless he got something out of it. UGH! He could have played 3 of the characters in the Wizard of Oz because he has no brain, no heart and no courage.

talltexan

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #6131 on: December 21, 2020, 06:53:44 AM »
Funny how Trump can generate hundreds of lies a day but couldn't manufacture 'fake' lies for the pandemic. Fake 'Caring' about people, sickness and death rates from Covid. Considering it was an election year, you would think he would have kicked in his fake caring powers to show the people he was going to protect them and help them get thru these bad times. People want to think of their president as a Daddy figure. The one who will make sure their are no monsters under the bed. The one that will hold your hand and tell you everything is going to be alright. He can't fake caring because he has no ability to care. He could have given fake short caring speeches then handed over the podium to one of his appointed goons to oversee getting protective gear to the public, medicines and in the end take all the credit, as he always does. He could have said that he did it all to help and protect the American people. He was too dumb to even fake caring in an election year! When he finally doled out supplies, he had to make it sound like he was doing States a favor and was stingy if the State was run by Democrats. Seriously, is this a way for a president to act? Withhold needed supplies unless he got something out of it. UGH! He could have played 3 of the characters in the Wizard of Oz because he has no brain, no heart and no courage.

@Roadrunner53 , to Trump supporters there are monsters against whom he's protecting them. The monsters who will take their guns so they can bring socialism, gay marriage, and birth control.

Just Joe

• Magnum Stache
  • Here to learn.
« Reply #6132 on: December 21, 2020, 07:47:52 AM »
Clinton didn't take away their guns, Obama didn't take away their guns, and Biden won't take away their guns.

JLee

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #6133 on: December 21, 2020, 07:48:49 AM »
Clinton didn't take away their guns, Obama didn't take away their guns, and Biden won't take away their guns.

Trump took away their bump stocks, though.

talltexan

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #6134 on: December 21, 2020, 08:43:06 AM »
Isn't it strange how Trump manages to make progress where others fail. Bump Stock ban...done! Economic stimulus...no problem (in the Spring)! Criminal Justice Reform...make a few calls to Kim Kardashian and check that box!

nereo

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #6135 on: December 21, 2020, 09:20:24 AM »

The Pro-Big-Gun faction will emphatically inform you that Bill Clinton signed into law the 10-year ban on assault-style weapons in 1994, and that it was authored by Democrat Diane Feinstein.  The ban expired under G.W. Bush. Likewise, the 'Brady Bill' mandating federal background checks on handguns was also signed into law by Clinton

I agree that no one "took away their guns" nor will Biden (the ban apllied only to newly manufactured weapons).  But it's created an enduring perception among gun advocates that Democrats will

Just Joe

• Magnum Stache
  • Here to learn.
« Reply #6136 on: December 21, 2020, 10:15:18 AM »
And that enduring perception has been helped along with the conservative talking heads. This benefits the gun industry.

Meanwhile many thousands of families would be better off spending their money elsewhere than on redundant weapons and ammo plus all the accessories. I know of a few that have stretched their family budget b/c of sloppy spending on things like this. A working father/husband does not need more toys like these when the family car needs tires or the house needs repairs.

wenchsenior

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #6137 on: December 21, 2020, 10:18:28 AM »

@Roadrunner53 , to Trump supporters there are monsters against whom he's protecting them. The monsters who will take their guns so they can bring socialism, gay marriage, and birth control.

Don't forget: One World Gubmint!

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #6138 on: December 21, 2020, 11:48:59 AM »

Is the birth control a problem because they want more abortions to happen?

Roadrunner53

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #6139 on: December 21, 2020, 01:27:58 PM »

sherr

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6140 on: December 21, 2020, 01:41:55 PM »
OMG! They have included $1.4 Billion for Trumps stupid wall!

https://nypost.com/2020/12/21/treasury-secretary-mnuchin-says-stimulus-checks-could-arrive-next-week/

They did that last year too. Seems to be a requirement these days if you want Trump to sign the budget. A billion sounds like a lot but doesn't actually go very far on a project of that scale.

nereo

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #6141 on: December 21, 2020, 01:52:01 PM »
OMG! They have included $1.4 Billion for Trumps stupid wall!

https://nypost.com/2020/12/21/treasury-secretary-mnuchin-says-stimulus-checks-could-arrive-next-week/

They did that last year too. Seems to be a requirement these days if you want Trump to sign the budget. A billion sounds like a lot but doesn't actually go very far on a project of that scale.

So when does Mexico start paying for it?

former player

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #6142 on: December 21, 2020, 02:09:04 PM »
How much of that $1.4 billion can he spend in a month?

Glenstache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #6143 on: December 21, 2020, 02:43:03 PM »
How much of that $1.4 billion can he spend in a month?
How many of his kids does he get to "hire" to help? I'm sure Ivanaka's consulting is worth at least a hundred mil a week.

Plina

• Bristles
« Reply #6144 on: December 21, 2020, 03:14:51 PM »
Thanks for voting him away. The newspapers have been almost Trump free for a while. It is such a relief to not see the constant headlines of the latest crazyness even though I started to skip them a long time ago.

Travis

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #6145 on: December 21, 2020, 05:07:39 PM »
Thanks for voting him away. The newspapers have been almost Trump free for a while. It is such a relief to not see the constant headlines of the latest crazyness even though I started to skip them a long time ago.

There's a giant sign outside the entrance to our base in Korea that says "THE DEAD DON'T GET TO VOTE!" "WE SUPPORT YOU TRUMP!"  The people who put up those signs staged a protest over the weekend outside the gate. "Protest" around here means 10 people shouting at a wall.

Roadrunner53

• Magnum Stache

economista

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #6147 on: December 22, 2020, 07:02:28 AM »

Is the birth control a problem because they want more abortions to happen?

Quite a few Christians, mainly Catholics, believe any form of chemical birth control IS an abortion. Full disclosure, I am a catholic and I think this theory is kooky, but I can't tell you how many times I've heard that illogical argument.

Glenstache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #6148 on: December 22, 2020, 09:10:25 AM »
$4.99 a month!

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/michael-cohen-trump-election-cash-grab_n_5fe111ebc5b6ff74797c68ac

He has it all wrong. 20 million may pay that to year h8m, but how many more would pay that to have him literally just do nothing and STFU?

MudPuppy

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #6149 on: December 22, 2020, 01:41:05 PM »
A bargain of a subscription service