Author Topic: Small Daily Acts of Political Resistance - VICTORY!  (Read 290851 times)

MonkeyJenga

• Walrus Stache
Re: Small Daily Acts of Political Resistance
« Reply #750 on: July 24, 2017, 11:08:35 AM »
Reports are calls in certain states are now favoring repeal. If you know anyone in the states listed at the end of the post, especially Alaska and West Virginia, have them call their senators today! There may be a vote tomorrow.

You may have friends in these states that you don't know about. Find out who you know here: https://www.trumpcareten.org/

That site also has daily call scripts.

SPEAKING OF INDIVISIBLE

They have put out a comprehensive guide around Trumpcare: https://www.indivisibleguide.com/stop-trumpcare/

They are also coordinating with local chapters to have weekly Wednesday calls on the topic.

Specific asks: https://www.indivisibleguide.com/resource/stop-trumpcare-june-action-plan/

For Republican Senators: They need to know that you demand that they vote AGAINST TrumpCare. Voting yes means ripping away health care from millions of Americans. It means voting against the interest of their constituents to give Donald Trump a victory. We have resources on our website specific to your Senators that you should use when communicating with staff.

Ask them to commit to voting against any bill that will result in anyone losing coverage.
Ask them to commit to voting against any bill that does not guarantee people with pre-existing conditions won’t see higher premiums.
Ask them to vote against to any bill that eliminates funding for Medicaid.

For Democratic Senators: Does your Democratic Senator already oppose TrumpCare? Great. Now, what else are they doing to stop the bill from passing? They should be as fired up as you are, they should be doing everything within their power to stop or slow the process in the Senate. Ask them to withhold consent on all Senate business until Republicans agree to hold a public hearing on TrumpCare.

Indivisible groups are going to have an impact because these actions will happen all across the country. It’s important to engage in this plan in every state. That being said, there are a few frontline members that should receive some extra pressure: Susan Collins (ME), Lisa Murkowski (AK), Dean Heller (NV), Shelley Moore Capito (WV), Bill Cassidy (LA), Rob Portman (OH), Tom Cotton (AR), Cory Gardner (CO), Jeff Flake (AZ), Pat Toomey (PA) and Dan Sullivan (AK).

If you know anyone in those states above, ask them to call!

Rural

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #751 on: July 25, 2017, 05:03:01 AM »
Faxed two very Republican senators this morning. Used the AARP script with my own addition - they know the AARP has influence here and that members show up at the polls (I'm a member).

boy_bye

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #752 on: July 25, 2017, 09:34:46 AM »
Called every single one of Cory Gardner's offices today and successfully avoided using foul language or the term "Mitch McConnell's lackey" so am counting that a win. I will do another couple rounds of calls throughout the day.

Today is the day to LIGHT THEM UP.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 09:50:23 AM by madgeylou »

Poundwise

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #753 on: July 25, 2017, 10:42:57 AM »
Introduced a friend who works at a high school, to a club of teens at another high school who ran a successful voter registration drive.  Hopefully she can introduce them to kids at her school and another registration drive will result.

LifeHappens

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #754 on: July 25, 2017, 11:06:25 AM »
Faxed my Senators (Resist bot FTW!) on health care - again.

MonkeyJenga

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #755 on: July 28, 2017, 11:39:51 AM »
I called both my senators to thank them for standing against ACA repeal. However your senators voted, call them today to express your opinion! This still matters, since the healthcare debate isn't going away.

It took me literally less than five minutes to make both calls. I find it easier and faster than using resist bot.

DavidAnnArbor

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #756 on: July 28, 2017, 05:50:59 PM »
I emailed my 2 Democrat senators from Michigan and thanked them for sticking together to not dismantle the ACA.

Bicycle_B

• Handlebar Stache
  • Mustachian-ish in Live Music Capital of the World
« Reply #757 on: August 01, 2017, 02:12:00 PM »
Donated to "Terminate Gerrymandering" campaign, where the lawsuit is taking gerrymandering to the Supreme Court. 

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/07/25/the-governator-wants-to-terminate-gerrymandering-215416

CanuckExpat

• Magnum Stache
    • Freedom35
« Reply #758 on: August 16, 2017, 09:27:42 AM »
Faxed my representatives (Republican congressman, democrat senators) about violence this weekend and Trump's response or lack there of.
Made clear that I found the violence sickening and the lack of condemnation of white supremacists as equally sickening. Requested strong public response and censure of the president if needed. Stated in my fax that I could in no way support politicians who seem even remotely allied with an administration that I am finding morally repugnant.

While I was at it, threw in a few faxes to my previous reps (all republicans) since moving around so much. Same sentiments as above. Pointed out that last time I wrote them was about travel ban that I thought was misguided and poorly implemented, and this seems to be continuing pattern of pandering to abhorrent part of base. Made similar comments about looking to them for leadership and not being able to supports representatives in future if they do not stand up to administration.

Exflyboy

• Walrus Stache
  • Expat Brit living in the New World..:)
« Reply #759 on: August 22, 2017, 11:00:51 AM »
Decided that I will become a citizen despite the fact I feel less "American" each passing day.

At least I will have a vote and smart people with votes seem to be sorely lacking!

A Definite Beta Guy

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #760 on: August 22, 2017, 12:20:59 PM »
Congrats on your decision! Hope it goes without a hitch and you can formally join the nation with the most Super Bowl wins. :)

MonkeyJenga

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #761 on: August 22, 2017, 02:18:47 PM »
Decided that I will become a citizen despite the fact I feel less "American" each passing day.

At least I will have a vote and smart people with votes seem to be sorely lacking!

Yesss! Help turn Florida blue!

Faxed my representatives (Republican congressman, democrat senators) about violence this weekend and Trump's response or lack there of.
Made clear that I found the violence sickening and the lack of condemnation of white supremacists as equally sickening. Requested strong public response and censure of the president if needed. Stated in my fax that I could in no way support politicians who seem even remotely allied with an administration that I am finding morally repugnant.

While I was at it, threw in a few faxes to my previous reps (all republicans) since moving around so much. Same sentiments as above. Pointed out that last time I wrote them was about travel ban that I thought was misguided and poorly implemented, and this seems to be continuing pattern of pandering to abhorrent part of base. Made similar comments about looking to them for leadership and not being able to supports representatives in future if they do not stand up to administration.

Way to go!

I called my rep yesterday about supporting the house res to censure Trump over his remarks. They're Dem, so I asked them to cosponsor.

Exflyboy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #762 on: August 25, 2017, 08:39:02 AM »
Congrats on your decision! Hope it goes without a hitch and you can formally join the nation with the most Super Bowl wins. :)

Yes and I can root for the "World champions" as it was described to me.. But hang on.. How are they "world champions" when only one country plays American football?

Kris

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #763 on: August 25, 2017, 08:43:23 AM »

Yes and I can root for the "World champions" as it was described to me.. But hang on.. How are they "world champions" when only one country plays American football?

Yup. Almost the same as with the World Series of baseball. At least there's one Canadian team in there...

SisterX

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #764 on: August 25, 2017, 09:19:24 AM »

Yup. Almost the same as with the World Series of baseball. At least there's one Canadian team in there...

Hey, Japan plays baseball too! They just, for some reason, don't get invited to the World Series....

ExFB - So glad you've decided to join us! We could definitely use more level heads. :)

CanuckExpat

• Magnum Stache
    • Freedom35
« Reply #765 on: August 25, 2017, 11:35:08 PM »
Other thoughts, we have a pot of money allocated specifically to charitable donations. ACLU is moving up the list probably. This falls into analysis paralysis a lot.

Going to a wedding and didn't know what to get as a gift, so made a donation to the ACLU in their name. Better late than never

(Within one year, making the news for fighting Muslim ban and for defending white supremacists speech rights... if you are pissing off everyone, you are doing something right)

EricL

« Reply #766 on: August 26, 2017, 09:48:47 AM »
Below is a link to a petition to impeach the president. 

http://org2.salsalabs.com/o/7003/p/dia/action3/common/public/?action_KEY=24010

Every day since the election has been one shit show after another in that tire fire "administration".  I feel like a coyote with his leg in a steel trap. The difference being I lack the luxury of chewing my own leg off to get out. 

MonkeyJenga

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #767 on: August 26, 2017, 10:13:01 AM »
Time Sensitive Action for New Yorkers

New Yorkers, join us to protect the Hudson! The Hudson River is one of New York State’s greatest natural resources, and if we don’t speak up now, a healthy and clean Hudson may fall out of reach. The Hudson River Superfund cleanup has not done the job it was meant to do—secure the health of the river, its wildlife and the people living along it. Yet the EPA under the Trump administration is hell-bent on letting GE off the hook for the accelerated clean-up.

But it’s not too late. YOU have the opportunity to weigh in - your comments are needed! NY Indivisible has organized a campaign for comments to get the word out before the September 1st Deadline (and it comes with a prize!). Here’s how to help:

1) Submit your comment (there is a prefilled comment that you can personalize if desired) and confirm back here. http://www.scenichudson.org/pcbs
2) Share the link for comments with friends and family and ask them to commit and confirm their comments as well.

This is a big opportunity to send a clear message that New York stands united against dirty politics, dirtying our planet. Let’s do this!

Poundwise

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #768 on: August 28, 2017, 07:40:56 AM »
Done and shared, MJ!  Thanks for the heads-up.

Haven't posted much as I've been on vacation. But one thing I did before vacation was distribute packets of postcards to friends.  The task was to write reminders to registered voters, to vote in the upcoming local elections. We suggest that they vote against our Trump ally incumbent, who is a corrupt opportunist who has left our county budget and assets much worse off than they began. He avoided raising taxes, but he didn't do this the smart way by removing inefficiencies, nor did he do it the honest way by cutting services. No, he did it the dumb way by borrowing money at interest, selling off county assets (at an up-front profit, but a loss in the 10 year window), and neglecting maintenance. Furthermore he wants to have it both ways with respect to immigrants (who make up a sizable and productive proportion of residents in this area) and the environment, unlike some local moderate Republicans who have taken brave stands to protect human rights of all residents.

Each person agreed to hand-write 25 postcards, which comes out to about an 1.25 hours of work at most. We provided short scripts for them to copy over, though they were free to adapt the message.  An easy but effective action for some of the shyer and busier folks. 

Exflyboy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #769 on: August 29, 2017, 08:17:46 PM »
Can I just say how much I love this thread.

Almost as much as we all no doubt love MJ..:)

I'm not moving to Florida though..;)

MonkeyJenga

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #770 on: August 30, 2017, 03:34:44 PM »

OH THAT'S RIGHT YOU ARE NOT UNLEASH HELL. Whoops.

Awesome Poundwise!

Exflyboy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #771 on: August 30, 2017, 03:42:33 PM »

Awesome Poundwise!

I think forgetting your name when I met you was a bigger source of embarrassment..;)

jordanread

« Reply #772 on: September 06, 2017, 12:23:08 PM »

Awesome Poundwise!

I think forgetting your name when I met you was a bigger source of embarrassment..;)

It's two freaking letters man!! What the hell? :P

Exflyboy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #773 on: September 06, 2017, 12:44:48 PM »
Her name is not MJ...:)

MonkeyJenga

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #774 on: September 06, 2017, 12:52:35 PM »
Her name is not MJ...:)

Shhh! Don't give away my secret!

I faxed both of my senators and my rep asking them to protect DACA.

Gillibrand is apparently crafting an amendment with Susan Collins to protect the rights of transgender people to serve in the military, so I will call to thank her.

Exflyboy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #775 on: September 06, 2017, 01:12:22 PM »
Don't worry.. I will have forgotten again by the time I share.. Old senile guy and all that..:)

MonkeyJenga

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #776 on: September 12, 2017, 01:53:53 PM »
I voted today in NYC's primary election. The Democratic primary determines the winner of all of these races, so it's where the action is.

If you're an NYC resident, go vote. Or remind your friends if you know people in the city. Polls are open until 9 PM.

Election guide: https://www.nyccfb.info/nyc-votes/vgwelcome/primary-election-2017/

I canvassed for a city council candidate over the weekend. I will also be attending a debate on the New York Con-Con this weekend, since I can't figure out if I want it to happen or not.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 02:00:41 PM by MonkeyJenga »

CanuckExpat

• Magnum Stache
    • Freedom35
« Reply #777 on: September 15, 2017, 11:24:53 AM »
In light of the ongoing news about DACA, Dreamers, etc, I'd like to take a moment to honor that time when the now President of the United States posed grinning with a taco bowl while giving the thumbs up and exclaimed "I love Hispanics!" (you couldn't make this stuff up).
Surely a great moment in the history of American race relations and institute of the POTUS

In more related news, my representative, Chris Collins decided not to respond to my email or fax asking about "fine people on both sides" so I called the office to harangue someone. I got a only semi polite and not very interested brush-off. Is it that hard to say Nazi's are bad and people who support Nazi's are bad. I guess Chris Collins the representative for the 27th congressional district likes nazis (or is afraid to stand up to people who do), who knew?

Need to decide if I write follow up letter/email/fax for the sake of saying how disappointed I am.

4alpacas

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #778 on: September 15, 2017, 12:47:31 PM »
Need to decide if I write follow up letter/email/fax for the sake of saying how disappointed I am.
Do it! 

I regularly send faxes, postcards, and e-mails if I'm displeased.  I also make calls regularly.  I think my responses show that people were angry about these things even if the representative ignores them.

Poundwise

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #779 on: September 18, 2017, 08:10:41 AM »
I'm getting back to basics after taking a vacation, then working on a local primary. Today I made some calls to my Senators and Congressman, on the subject of the new ACA repeal attempt (Graham-Cassidy). I haven't been making many calls lately, shame on me.
 https://5calls.org/issue/recT4p3RFsud6rxuf

MonkeyJenga

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #780 on: September 18, 2017, 03:36:08 PM »
I'm getting back to basics after taking a vacation, then working on a local primary. Today I made some calls to my Senators and Congressman, on the subject of the new ACA repeal attempt (Graham-Cassidy). I haven't been making many calls lately, shame on me.
 https://5calls.org/issue/recT4p3RFsud6rxuf

How was your primary experience?

I called my senators today about the terrible healthcare bill. Schumer I got thank for speaking out about it.

Tomorrow I will call about opposing Sam Clovis's nomination for chief scientist for department of agriculture. He is horrifying. (In one example, said marriage equality could lead to legalization of pedophilia.) (Also, has no experience in agricultural science.) (And doesn't believe in climate change.)

Poundwise, do you know any issues I could call Cuomo on? I feel like I need to get on him about something.

Poundwise

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #781 on: September 19, 2017, 07:58:46 AM »
MJ, my personal favorite for the primary won, though I would have been okay with either. The primary was clean, positive, and issues-oriented, and raised my opinion of both candidates.  For the smaller elections, sadly some of the IDC-like, corrupt, fake Democrat incumbents in our county won the primaries. Since I'm not and never have been a Democrat, I couldn't in fact vote in any of these primaries but it's generally agreed that I'm more useful as a third party liaison so I will stay as I am.

Some were disappointed with the turnout; we're really going to have to up our game for the actual election in Nov. I'm feeling not a little anxiety because people in my group, myself included, have been a little sluggish of late. Because he's not corrupt or beholden to corporate interests, our candidate has much less than 1/10th of the incumbent Republican's war chest. So we are going to have to make up in sweat equity for what is lacking in money for glossy mailings, TV and Facebook ads.   

As for Cuomo, I don't have much except thank him for executive order 170.  I know NYC is up in arms about his tacit support of the IDC, but I think that will just be a political reality until the IDC candidates are voted out.

iris lily

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #782 on: September 19, 2017, 10:06:24 AM »
Every day since last Friday I am participating in political action  by *not* marching in St. Louis's daily race protests (mostly peaceful) as well as the rioting performed at night. Avoidance of all is a statement, wondering if anyone notices, haha.

Also, got out my spare "Thank You Police" sign and mounted it on our front fence. I suppose this will open us up to vandalism to our fnece or yard. Yay. The same sign resides permanently, and less promenantly, on our back fence.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 11:04:26 AM by iris lily »

boy_bye

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #783 on: September 19, 2017, 10:28:42 AM »
Every day since last Friday I am participating in political action  by *not* marching in St. Louis's daily race protests (mostly peaceful) as well as the rioting performed at night by thugs. Avoidance of all is a statement, wondering if anyone notices, haha.

It would be really great if we could keep racist epithets like "thugs" out of this thread.

iris lily

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #784 on: September 19, 2017, 11:04:40 AM »
Every day since last Friday I am participating in political action  by *not* marching in St. Louis's daily race protests (mostly peaceful) as well as the rioting performed at night by thugs. Avoidance of all is a statement, wondering if anyone notices, haha.

It would be really great if we could keep racist epithets like "thugs" out of this thread.
Ok, I edited it.

plainjane

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #785 on: September 19, 2017, 02:07:14 PM »
Called congresscritter and senator about latest health care bill. Got through on first rings.

Obviously they are depending on us only having so much outrage and strength, which is why they keep bringing it back worse and worse.

boy_bye

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #786 on: September 19, 2017, 02:26:19 PM »
Thanks for editing, Iris Lily

Oh dear, devotees of the goddess Kali might indeed be upset.

MDM

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #787 on: September 19, 2017, 02:34:35 PM »

DavidAnnArbor

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #788 on: September 19, 2017, 08:51:29 PM »
I hope Jackie Rosen the Democrat candidate for Senate in Nevada can unseat the Republican incumbent Dean Heller.

plainjane

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #789 on: September 20, 2017, 07:32:10 AM »
Thank you Madgeylou & Iris Lily

ncornilsen

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #790 on: September 20, 2017, 08:10:27 AM »

It would be really great if you could do something besides play the race card. Especially when it's not even a race thing.
Thug is not a racist term.

Thug applies to anyone who uses violence to get what they want. IE, union thugs assault people who don't sign authorization cards. Mafia thugs wreck up the place when they don't get protection money... etc. Not connected to race at all.

To the topic at hand, I called a senator of another state to voice my support for the Representation Fairness Restoration Act, since my senator (who lives in a new england state on the other side of the country... how does he even qualify??) doesn't care about such issues. I strongly oppose that a handful of union THUGS can decide for all of the other workers whether a union comes into their place of work. Case in point, my company soundly told a union NO recently... But they won't respect the will of the workers, and won't take no for an answer. They found a group of 95 people out of 3000 who probably will vote for the union... said they were a micro bargaining unit... Bam. union, despite a majority of workers not wanting it.

And I will not 'pipe down' and allow the bounds of thought to be framed by one particular group who seeks to use it to derail discussion and allow it to be an accepted part of discourse. but I will take it elsewhere.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 12:07:05 PM by ncornilsen »

boy_bye

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #791 on: September 20, 2017, 08:12:59 AM »

It would be really great if you could do something besides play the race card. Especially when it's not even a race thing.

Thug applies to anyone who uses violence to get what they want. IE, union thugs assault people who don't sign authorization cards. Mafia thugs wreck up the place when they don't get protection money... etc. Not connected to race at all.

Super interesting how the word is so often used to discuss black folks protesting for their rights and almost never to describe white people burning shit down because their favorite sports team either won or lost a big game, tho, right?

At any rate, Iris Lily was happy enough to accommodate my very polite request, so why don't you pipe down and let the thread get back on topic?

iris lily

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #792 on: September 20, 2017, 08:13:34 AM »

Its a small thing. Be the bigger person, move on.

But, yeah.

MonkeyJenga

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #793 on: September 20, 2017, 08:47:56 AM »
If anybody lives in or knows people in Alaska, Arizona, or Maine, get people calling Murkowski, McCain, and Collins! They are the critical “No” votes on healthcare.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2017/09/19/murkowski_collins_mccain_will_again_decide_obamacare_repeal_s_fate.html

ncornilsen, please remove your reference to rapists in your post. Comparing unions to rapists is offensive in more than one way. It is also banned per forum rules.

Thank you ml and iris lily for resolving this minor disagreement between yourselves.

CanuckExpat

• Magnum Stache
    • Freedom35
« Reply #794 on: September 20, 2017, 09:04:03 AM »
And I will not 'pipe down.' The 'RACISTS!!!!11!' thing is used far, far to often by the left to derail discussion of any opposing viewpoint.

If you want to continue discussing it (hopefully without generalities and bias), and without derailing this specific thread, I'm sure it would be welcome discussion here: Small Daily Acts of Political Discussion

ncornilsen

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #795 on: September 20, 2017, 09:20:04 AM »
If anybody lives in or knows people in Alaska, Arizona, or Maine, get people calling Murkowski, McCain, and Collins! They are the critical “No” votes on healthcare.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2017/09/19/murkowski_collins_mccain_will_again_decide_obamacare_repeal_s_fate.html

ncornilsen, please remove your reference to rapists in your post. Comparing unions to rapists is offensive in more than one way. It is also banned per forum rules.

Thank you ml and iris lily for resolving this minor disagreement between yourselves.

Done. However your second request was right on the edge of silly.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 12:09:02 PM by ncornilsen »

MonkeyJenga

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #796 on: September 20, 2017, 09:26:48 AM »

Done.

Aw, and I was all set to thank you.

"like other dispicable people who force themselves on others, they don't accept that no means no" is not the answer. We all know what that means. Take it out. Please.

EricL

« Reply #797 on: September 20, 2017, 10:24:34 AM »
The "thug" thing - again.  Yeah, I know it's a side track, but it brings out a pet peeve of mine.  Right now the political environment is heavily polarized with an enormous amount of fear on both sides of the political spectrum.  Some of it is hysterical; downright silly.  Some of it is quite justified.  But one of the side effects is the polarization WITHIN the group as each element tries to prove it's ideologically "pure" by policing behavior and setting discussion frameworks.  Hell, you can see it inside the White House, Congress, and the other miscellaneous bits and allies of the so-called alt-right as they tear at each other.  And on "our" side it's people who want everyone to toe some ideological line or make some litmus test.  Well, you can have victory over this despicable administration and you may even achieve ideological, language purity based on whatever current grad school sociology trend.  But if you want both at the same time, don't hold your breath.  This is a struggle where allies are a little more important. 

Edit: I'll add that this should be considered but otherwise treated as the foam it is and ignored.  You can PM me if you agree or want to tell me to take my center/left views to Hillaryland and fuck off.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 10:30:52 AM by EricL »

iris lily

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #798 on: September 20, 2017, 01:05:55 PM »
The "thug" thing - again.  Yeah, I know it's a side track, but it brings out a pet peeve of mine.  Right now the political environment is heavily polarized with an enormous amount of fear on both sides of the political spectrum.  Some of it is hysterical; downright silly.  Some of it is quite justified.  But one of the side effects is the polarization WITHIN the group as each element tries to prove it's ideologically "pure" by policing behavior and setting discussion frameworks.  Hell, you can see it inside the White House, Congress, and the other miscellaneous bits and allies of the so-called alt-right as they tear at each other.  And on "our" side it's people who want everyone to toe some ideological line or make some litmus test.  Well, you can have victory over this despicable administration and you may even achieve ideological, language purity based on whatever current grad school sociology trend.  But if you want both at the same time, don't hold your breath.  This is a struggle where allies are a little more important. 

Edit: I'll add that this should be considered but otherwise treated as the foam it is and ignored.  You can PM me if you agree or want to tell me to take my center/left views to Hillaryland and fuck off.
Eric, you are making far too much sense. Are you SURE you want to reside in
Hillaryland?

Alas, I have made no political action today, and am not planning anything for the rest of the week.

A Definite Beta Guy

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #799 on: September 20, 2017, 02:08:36 PM »
I considered mailing my senators about Yucca Mountain, but I suspect that's going to be more of a fight down the road. FYI, there is money allocated in the new budget to restart the application. Higher chance of passing now that Harry Reid is out.