Author Topic: serious respect to ambassador taylor and others  (Read 1558 times)

kenmoremmm

• Pencil Stache
serious respect to ambassador taylor and others
« on: November 13, 2019, 02:21:37 PM »
i heard about an hour+ of the impeachment hearings today.

listening to taylor talk left me in awe. kent too. serious knowledge, professionalism, and understanding of so many things.

too bad all of DC politicians weren't at half the level of taylor et al.

BECABECA

• Bristles
  • Retired since July 2017, not bored yet!
Re: serious respect to ambassador taylor and others
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2019, 03:52:24 PM »
This is why it’s so concerning that there has been a mass exodus of career diplomats during this presidency. These are people who maintained continuity in the state department through decades of presidential transitions. Having all that knowledge forced out the door these last few years is going to have lasting repercussions.

kenmoremmm

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2019, 04:07:43 PM »
don't worry; i'm sure the next president will have a large family that can take on those new open positions. no experience needed. apply within.

talltexan

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2019, 07:34:01 AM »
Strange, the current President also has a large family such as you describe.

Or could you possibly have in mind the same family, but with a second President?

Indexer

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2019, 08:07:26 AM »
This is why it’s so concerning that there has been a mass exodus of career diplomats during this presidency. These are people who maintained continuity in the state department through decades of presidential transitions. Having all that knowledge forced out the door these last few years is going to have lasting repercussions.

I recently read the book, the "Fifth Risk" by Michael Lewis, and it talks about this a lot.

The examples in the Department of Energy were terrifying. The people who know where the bodies... nukes in this case... are buried, are out. I don't mean our nukes... I mean the "missing" nukes around the world. During the Obama administration, the DoE recovered enough missing nuclear material around the world to build over 100 bombs. The higher ups over programs like that one, gone.

six-car-habit

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2019, 10:50:41 AM »
 I wanted to note the [ maybe previously unstated ] thing i pulled out of watching the hearing yesterday. Amb Taylor said that he was told to give up all his contemporaneous notes to the State Dept which concerned the meetings / times / persons / conversations/ etc that he testified about .  And the State Dept has Not turned them over to the investigating commitees. Is this more obstruction , or am i viewing this wrong ?

bacchi

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2019, 10:55:50 AM »
I wanted to note the [ maybe previously unstated ] thing i pulled out of watching the hearing yesterday. Amb Taylor said that he was told to give up all his contemporaneous notes to the State Dept which concerned the meetings / times / persons / conversations/ etc that he testified about .  And the State Dept has Not turned them over to the investigating commitees. Is this more obstruction , or am i viewing this wrong ?

I think Kent stated something like this too.

The State Dept is no friend of Trump but it's possible Pompeo is interfering. I'm assuming that State handed over a shit ton of papers/files and it's just taking time to go through them all.