Author Topic: Response to mods  (Read 20265 times)

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
Re: Response to mods
« Reply #100 on: December 27, 2016, 04:00:48 PM »
I'd like to point out that if the mods (as a whole) disagreed with one mod, they would not be defending him/her actions.

This is a fact.

I do admit that I'm biased towards seeing things from the moderator's point of view because I know how hard moderating is.

When I'm moderating, I try to give the user the benefit of the doubt, and when I'm viewing another moderator's edits, I do the same.  I genuinely don't think any of the other moderators try to be biased or moderate based on personal opinions or political beliefs.  I do think we're all biased in our own ways, but I think we all try to stay "neutral" and enforce the site rules (but mostly allow our users to police themselves).

This is difficult to do, so your feedback is helpful, and welcome.  We can't get better at moderating, or being people even, without feedback.
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

stashgrower

• Bristles
« Reply #101 on: December 28, 2016, 04:24:01 AM »
To the mods: Thank you for your extensive work behind the scenes, which contributes to the high quality discussions on this forum.

pbkmaine

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #102 on: December 28, 2016, 05:59:07 AM »
To the mods: Thank you for your extensive work behind the scenes, which contributes to the high quality discussions on this forum.

This.

HappierAtHome

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #103 on: December 28, 2016, 06:03:19 AM »

This.

Yes.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #104 on: December 28, 2016, 06:09:01 AM »
We get lots of love from the users, and appreciate it.  Thank you. :)

We do screw up sometimes, too, and voicing concerns/complaints is okay, too.
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!