Author Topic: NFL 2012-13 Season  (Read 25133 times)

mm31

• Stubble
Re: NFL 2012-13 Season
« Reply #50 on: September 19, 2013, 10:40:22 AM »
Love the game too, although I don't have a favorite team. The thing about the NFL is that every monday the world seems to be falling apart for 16 teams. Keeps everyone on their toes :) .

So far the most compelling story for me is what Philly will look like on offense with Chip Kelly.

EK

• Pencil Stache
    • Happily Enough
« Reply #51 on: September 19, 2013, 12:19:30 PM »
The eagles will definitely be interesting to follow this season.  They looked spectacular against the redskins, but then looking at the chargers game, how much of that was just due to the redskins being awful versus the eagles being great?  When eagles offense is on the field, they look pretty good, but their D looks weak especially in pass rush.  Chargers showed that if an offense can control the clock and keep the eagles O off the field, the eagles are definitely beatable.  Over the course of the season there are potential downsides to chip's style- I wouldn't be surprised to see injuries (nfl roster much smaller than college roster, and the eagles don't have much to fall back on depth wise) take their toll over the course of the season and really limit the offense.  But that's a wait and see type thing I suppose.

wannabfrugal

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #52 on: September 20, 2013, 11:11:36 AM »
  All smiles here as a Denver fan.  Could not believe we got Wes Walker in the off season.  The new TE Julius Thomas, sweet.  Only concern is we lost left Tackle Ryan Clady.

Yeah, you guys are amazing.  And when Von Miller comes back from his suspension.. Wow.

That's the toughest game left on the Seahawks' schedule: facing the Broncos in NY.

;)

I think Peyton's abilitiies will cover for the loss of Clady, living in Indy and watching him for years, the guy is unbelievable. 

I'm very interested in watching how T-Rich will perform in Indy now too.

The Bearded Bank Builder

• Stubble
« Reply #53 on: September 20, 2013, 01:47:32 PM »
I'm very interested in watching how T-Rich will perform in Indy now too.

I hope he does well - after my niners shut him down this week, of course
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 01:49:38 PM by The Bearded Bank Builder »

mm31

• Stubble
« Reply #54 on: September 20, 2013, 11:41:49 PM »
The eagles will definitely be interesting to follow this season.  They looked spectacular against the redskins, but then looking at the chargers game, how much of that was just due to the redskins being awful versus the eagles being great?  When eagles offense is on the field, they look pretty good, but their D looks weak especially in pass rush.  Chargers showed that if an offense can control the clock and keep the eagles O off the field, the eagles are definitely beatable.  Over the course of the season there are potential downsides to chip's style- I wouldn't be surprised to see injuries (nfl roster much smaller than college roster, and the eagles don't have much to fall back on depth wise) take their toll over the course of the season and really limit the offense.  But that's a wait and see type thing I suppose.

Yeah, they really need to know how to milk clock. You're right, pretty much any team that tries to add a wrinkle in their game faces injuries because either the players are not used to the rhythm or teams start to hit the quarterback a deterrent.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #55 on: September 22, 2013, 06:14:57 PM »
They'll have to rename him to RG 0-and-III!

(Sorry to rub it in for the Redskins fans, but I'm too much of a fan of puns to pass that up.  I hope you win out and we see you again in the playoffs.)
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

EK

• Pencil Stache
    • Happily Enough
« Reply #56 on: September 22, 2013, 07:14:05 PM »
He was pretty awful today wasn't he.  ;_;  he's still the least of my worries though because I think he will at least improve.  How about our HISTORY-MAKINGLY awful defense??  I'd pretty much take the DC's head on a plate right now. 

hybrid

• Handlebar Stache
  • A hybrid of MMM and thoughtful consumer.
« Reply #57 on: September 23, 2013, 06:46:44 AM »
They'll have to rename him to RG 0-and-III!

(Sorry to rub it in for the Redskins fans, but I'm too much of a fan of puns to pass that up.  I hope you win out and we see you again in the playoffs.)

This was on my wife's Facebook this morning....

Knock knock.
Who's there?
Owen.
Owen who?
Owen Three.

I am taking the day off from optimism today.  ;-)

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #58 on: September 23, 2013, 08:10:46 AM »
The Redskins still have a shot, if they can get it together.  They did start 3-6 last year, then win the last 7 to make the playoffs, and the NFC was way better last year, so there's hope.

In fact, you can take comfort in the fact that not only is the whole NFC East is terrible, but the whole NFC, apparently.  If the playoffs started today, a 1-2 team would make it!  http://www.playoffrace.com/

To illustrate how bad it is: of the 6 NFC teams from the playoffs last year, if you take out the Seahawks, the other 5 are a combined 3-12 right now.  Or, in other words, (see attached image, embedding image wasn't working).
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 08:13:57 AM by arebelspy »
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

grantmeaname

• CM*MW 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
  • Cast me away from yesterday's things
« Reply #59 on: September 23, 2013, 08:19:59 AM »
You can embed it after you upload it by copying the url. Like this:

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #60 on: September 23, 2013, 08:38:06 AM »
Ah, good idea, thanks.

reginna

• Stubble
« Reply #61 on: September 23, 2013, 08:41:06 AM »
Kinda off topic but... THANK YOU to the poster that alerted us about the Amazon/Madden25/Directv deal.

Many thanks, loving it!!

hybrid

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #62 on: September 23, 2013, 08:47:22 AM »
On the bright side, I put a Washington Redskins bumper sticker on my broken vacuum cleaner and now it sucks again....

mm31

• Stubble
« Reply #63 on: September 23, 2013, 08:52:54 AM »
Man, did the 49ers look bad or did the Colts look good yesterday? The Colts looked more physical, which is saying a lot.

Chicago looks pretty much like a 11 +/ - 2 win team, and they have a great chance to make the playoffs w/ these numbers. I'm happy for Cutler, he finally got a good o-line and people can now see how good he can be (top 10-ish among QBs).

hybrid

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #64 on: September 23, 2013, 09:02:33 AM »
To illustrate how bad it is: of the 6 NFC teams from the playoffs last year, if you take out the Seahawks, the other 5 are a combined 3-12 right now.  Or, in other words, (see attached image, embedding image wasn't working).

That's quite a stat.  Hard to believe Green Bay lost that game yesterday to the Bengals.  How do you score 30 straight points and lose???  And how does NY lose by 38, and get shut out, by the Panthers?  Weird start to the season.

The Bearded Bank Builder

• Stubble
« Reply #65 on: September 23, 2013, 12:38:08 PM »
Man, did the 49ers look bad or did the Colts look good yesterday? The Colts looked more physical, which is saying a lot.

Mostly the 49ers looked bad. The run game was actually good, Gore averaged something like 7 yards a carry, but the passing game was a disaster

badamsa

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #66 on: September 27, 2013, 07:43:22 AM »
At least the Niners picked it up against the Rams (or did the Rams just play terribly?).

I still think the Niners will turn it around and a deep playoff run.

Now to watch my Eagles get dismantled by the Broncos.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #67 on: September 27, 2013, 07:49:24 AM »
At least the Niners picked it up against the Rams (or did the Rams just play terribly?).

I'm with you except for "deep" - I could see them losing in the wild card, or divisional round.  I can't see them making the conference championship (based on, of course, our very limited 1/4 of a season sample size).

Good luck versus the Broncos!  They're a tough out.

Good defense beats good offense, but who has a good enough defense in the AFC?  So many teams went away from that.  The Ravens a few years ago maybe, but we all saw how that went game 1...

mm31

• Stubble
« Reply #68 on: September 28, 2013, 12:59:38 PM »
Good defense beats good offense, but who has a good enough defense in the AFC?  So many teams went away from that.  The Ravens a few years ago maybe, but we all saw how that went game 1...

Some point out that the Ravens' defense actually got better this year because (among other reasons) they got younger.

Broncos' offense look very comfortable so far, which is impressive. C Kelly is going to see the team he may have next year on offense if everything goes well. 

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #69 on: January 12, 2014, 03:49:07 PM »

I'm with you except for "deep" - I could see them losing in the wild card, or divisional round.  I can't see them making the conference championship (based on, of course, our very limited 1/4 of a season sample size).

I was wrong; they did make it to the NFC Championship Game.

It'll be an awesome game, can't wait.

Only two wins left until the Hawks hoist the Lombardi!

Luck better Skill

• Bristles
« Reply #70 on: January 12, 2014, 07:46:50 PM »

Denver is the Broncos, not hawks. 

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #71 on: January 12, 2014, 08:20:16 PM »

Denver is the Broncos, not hawks.

Manning is good.  But he's not better than Seattle's secondary.

How many other units in Football today have their own nickname?

NWstubble

• Stubble
« Reply #72 on: January 13, 2014, 12:28:10 AM »

Next week will undoubtably be a hard fought, physical game. Any bets on how many personal fouls and fights we see? No love lost between those two teams.

Also, GO NINERS!

mm31

• Stubble
« Reply #73 on: January 13, 2014, 03:58:16 PM »
I'm picking Seattle in that one.

Also, I'm loving what the Patriots have done so far in the post-season: 6 TDs, all rushing.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #74 on: January 19, 2014, 09:27:12 PM »

One win left.

It will be an AWESOME Super Bowl!  Number 1 Offense vs. Number 1 Defense!

TheDude

• Bristles
« Reply #75 on: January 19, 2014, 09:37:46 PM »
Go Donks! F U LOB!

AlmostIndependent

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #76 on: January 19, 2014, 10:58:29 PM »

One win left.

It will be an AWESOME Super Bowl!  Number 1 Offense vs. Number 1 Defense!

That was a hell of a game. Great right until the end.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #77 on: January 19, 2014, 11:15:07 PM »
That was a hell of a game. Great right until the end.

Yeah, couldn't have asked for more.  :)

Grateful Stache

• Stubble
« Reply #78 on: January 20, 2014, 11:34:20 AM »
Broncos vs. Seahawks!

Should be a helluva game!

grantmeaname

• CM*MW 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #79 on: February 02, 2014, 06:38:08 PM »
This is embarassing.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #80 on: February 02, 2014, 07:56:24 PM »

One win left.

There it is!

Awesome season!  GO HAWKS!

spider1204

• Stubble
« Reply #81 on: February 02, 2014, 08:00:46 PM »
That was ridiculous... you having fun... in Seattle?

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #82 on: February 02, 2014, 11:34:17 PM »
That was ridiculous... you having fun... in Seattle?

Absolutely!  :D

Though I'm sure Scooters was crazy!

Cromacster

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #83 on: February 03, 2014, 06:18:42 AM »
The first 00:12 of that games was interesting.  After that it was just a gong show.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #84 on: October 12, 2014, 03:22:30 PM »
Go Hawks!

hybrid

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #85 on: October 14, 2014, 08:01:56 AM »
I think I am just going to cut and paste my 2013 Redskins comments to save time.....  OMG do we suck.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #86 on: October 14, 2014, 09:26:00 AM »
I think I am just going to cut and paste my 2013 Redskins comments to save time.....  OMG do we suck.

There have been flashes of "you could be decent" and then it collapses back into sucking.  Unfortunately.

grantmeaname

• CM*MW 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #87 on: November 02, 2014, 09:10:02 PM »
(This thread in honor of grantmeaname)
So I'm watching a freakish amount of football these days. My, how things change.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #88 on: November 02, 2014, 09:21:47 PM »
(This thread in honor of grantmeaname)
So I'm watching a freakish amount of football these days. My, how things change.

Wrong kind of football?

grantmeaname

• CM*MW 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #89 on: November 02, 2014, 09:46:44 PM »
NFL<College, but I'm guessing that's not what you meant. :P

I tried to watch a bit of the World Cup this summer and just couldn't. Even games where the team I wanted to win killed it were 30 seconds of action and 90 minutes of dreadful boredom.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #90 on: January 18, 2015, 11:49:39 AM »

Has it already been a year? Back in the NFC Championship again. Once again, two more wins until we win back-to-back Super Bowls.

Go Hawks!

Jon_Snow

• Magnum Stache
  • I am no man’s chair.
« Reply #91 on: January 18, 2015, 12:25:06 PM »
GO HAWKS!!!!!

I'm nervous. Even a gimpy Aaron Rodgers scares me.

caliq

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #92 on: January 18, 2015, 12:41:31 PM »
GO HAWKS!!!!!

I'm nervous. Even a gimpy Aaron Rodgers scares me.

Go Pack Go :D

I'm getting nervous too though...  DH just turned on NFL Network (yeahhh -facepunch- we have cable for football season) and my stress level went up immediately!

Paul der Krake

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #93 on: January 18, 2015, 12:54:19 PM »
Two fantastic games to look forward to today. It's a great day to be a couch potato. Go Football!

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!