Author Topic: Mustachian video gamers - what are you PLAYING?  (Read 781496 times)

Thinkum

• Pencil Stache
  • Life is Good
Re: Mustachian video gamers - what are you PLAYING?
« Reply #50 on: December 17, 2015, 10:04:03 AM »
Wow, thanks a ton everyone! Lot's of good info here. Perhaps we should start a "mustachian" gaming PC setup thread. Hmmmm....

I've always envied those great Steam sales I would always read about. Console games are always so expensive and limiting, thus my considering "building" or buying a gaming PC.

Thegoblinchief

« Reply #51 on: December 17, 2015, 10:30:54 AM »
My DW buys tons of Steam sale games, particularly the indie or older ones that are sub-$10. Even better, Steam has a good return policy now, so there's less risk if you end up with a clunker game.

Besides those we will probably buy Fallout 4 and the Witcher 3 DLC. Probably too early for GTA V to get a deep sale, but I'm a buyer at $20 or below. Its been on sale at $35 but I don't like GTA that much.

Thegoblinchief

« Reply #52 on: December 17, 2015, 10:44:32 AM »
We use wired 360 controllers. Games with native controller support are ALWAYS designed with the 360 controller in mind when it comes to UI design.

Some people like the PS3 controller better. This is entirely personal preference, I have always liked Xbox better. Getting the PS working used to be hard, might be easier now. The Xbox controllers are literally plug and play.

Sometimes I'm tempted to get a Xbox One controller since its wireless, but they're too expensive right now.

Killerbrandt

• Bristles
« Reply #53 on: December 17, 2015, 10:54:51 AM »
I am so glad this thread was made! Yeah I prefer PC over Console, I have a PS4, but only use it for basic living room entertainment. My PC offers way more!!

Yeah! I love Steam sales! I have a huge list of games that I am not sure about, but if the price is right, Ill buy. I have a limit of 30 bucks for a game, but will usually buy any game I am interested in if its dirt cheap, like 3.50. However, there are a few titles and publishers that I support big time and will buy their games full price, just to help them out. For example, Banished, that game was made by one guy! It's an incredible game and he kept in contact with the public while making it. I also buy almost all Paradox games, because they seem to be in it more for the player and not the money side. They take in ideas from the forums all the time and usually put them in the game within a month, they also just goof off and chat with us. A few games published by Paradox is Cities Skylines, Europa 4, and Mount & Blade. These games are incredible in my opinion.

Kaspian

• Handlebar Stache
    • My Necronomicon of Badassity
« Reply #54 on: December 17, 2015, 12:54:50 PM »
Haven't ventured into the online multiplayer yet - I'm not eager to get pwned by 12 year olds

Actually, "Battlefront"'s it's not that bad.  I expected some sort of "Call of Duty" thing where you get sniped in the head as soon as you spawn (and every single time you spawn thereafter.)  I think the designers didn't want that sort of thing to happen.  It's more of a crazy free for all where the environment keeps changing and teams getting equalized--keeps people from cherry-picking.  They can't just sit in one place and shoot the whole round or they'd be a very lonely player.

Roboturner

• Pencil Stache
  • No Snacks, Just Math
« Reply #55 on: December 17, 2015, 01:21:24 PM »
So much Fallout 4, they did a great game, even though Bethesda stayed true to form and is buggy AF (still can't complete a mission because NPC refuses to do his thing)

Thegoblinchief

« Reply #56 on: December 17, 2015, 01:37:13 PM »
So much Fallout 4, they did a great game, even though Bethesda stayed true to form and is buggy AF (still can't complete a mission because NPC refuses to do his thing)

If you're playing on PC, Google the appropriate 'setstage' command in the dev console to force complete the quest.

ReadyToStash

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #57 on: December 17, 2015, 01:39:41 PM »
Video games are me and SO's primary hobby, so we have a lot of...stuff. We both just got back into WoW, and that's probably the most anti-mustachian decision I've made all year, as now I feel the incredible urge to upgrade all my tech :) (not typically a computer gamer; I stick to consoles/handhelds typically). My favorite console is the Wii U and I've sunk over 100 hours each into Bayonetta 2 and Splatoon. I'm sure I'm approaching that in Mario Kart 8 as well. For my 3DS, Pokemon has been such an important part of my life since it came out, I typically sink a couple hundred hours per generation (competitive team-building excites me, okay! Spoken from a former tournament finalist).

I am loving progressing in WoW with the SO. We started over new characters on a new server and it's been amazing exploring the game after 6 years of absence. But, it's showing both of us that our computers just aren't what they used to be...

SO got a PS4 from the parents last year and has played a ton of Witcher 3, Metal Gear Solid V, and we both have enjoyed Rocket League!

Roboturner

• Pencil Stache
  • No Snacks, Just Math
« Reply #58 on: December 17, 2015, 01:43:00 PM »
SO got a PS4 from the parents last year and has played a ton of Witcher 3, Metal Gear Solid V, and we both have enjoyed Rocket League!

+5000 for this, might be the greatest 'free' game ever gifted - made it well worth the ps+ subscription

If you're playing on PC, Google the appropriate 'setstage' command in the dev console to force complete the quest.

Ps4 (bought broken and fixed), I am wayyyy too cheap to build a gaming computer
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 01:44:50 PM by Roboturner »

Ozstache

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #59 on: December 17, 2015, 02:36:50 PM »
Does anyone use a controller for PC gaming? I have heard that the PS3 controller is the best, and works well with a PC.

I use a PC version Xbox 360 wireless controller for my PC gaming and it works great for games that support controllers.

Jon_Snow

• Magnum Stache
  • I am no man’s chair.
« Reply #60 on: December 17, 2015, 02:40:37 PM »
Can we PLEASE not turn this thread into PC vs consoles debate? That would be boring.

Jack

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #61 on: December 17, 2015, 04:51:39 PM »
Pro tip: for any game that has a PC version -- especially one that has plugins or expansions, like Kerbal Space Program -- the PC version is almost always better.

... a perfect example to prove my point. That didn't take long!

Can we PLEASE not turn this thread into PC vs consoles debate? That would be boring.

No. : P

Yonco

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #62 on: December 17, 2015, 07:25:31 PM »
Diablo 3 & Counter strike=Source.  I played them 15 years ago as older versions, and its awesome to keep playing the same games your accustomed to with real graphics now!!

vern

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #63 on: December 18, 2015, 12:56:25 AM »
PC's are my favorite, but I'm no snob.

I've still got an old Atari 2600 that I hook up on occasion.

Comar

• Stubble
« Reply #64 on: December 18, 2015, 02:27:00 AM »
For a very mustachian game you should pick up "The Last of US" on the ps3 or ps4. A post apocalyptic zombie game. If you're not into "zombies" don't let that scare you away, this is not your typical zombie experience. Going through this game on the hardest difficulty sharpened my mustachian thinking. Every piece of junk you find has to be used to maximum efficiency. You stark feeling like a stalking wolf, surviving the winter. Gave me a similar feeling as when I read The Call of the Wild by Jack London.

Ozstache

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #65 on: December 18, 2015, 03:15:44 AM »
Finished Far Cry 3, Blood Dragon today. I have not played such an entertainingly cheesy game as this since Duke Nukem 3D. Happy times!

whitedragon

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #66 on: December 18, 2015, 04:25:44 AM »
whitedragon - How is Destiny? It's one of the games we want to try if we do get a PS4. (Another reason we want one is that many of our distant friends only have that and don't play on PC very much at all.)

Dragon Age Inquisition is definitely on our list to get. I really loved the first one and want to give the second game another chance. My personal clock in Skyrim is 320 hours (and counting) so I totally get it. Probably another 30+ hours of modding (which, while occasionally frustrating, is fun for me too), and I used to maintain a mod guide for a now-defunct website.

Destiny is pretty much Halo reskinned, but online all the time.  It's not a bad thing, and if you like Halo you'll like Destiny.  I like Halo so I like Destiny.  You can also get pretty darn far playing solo, and only venturing into the deathmatch areas (The Crucible) as a break if you want to.  There's plenty of PVE and PVP content for everyone really.  The problem becomes when you want to do alot of the harder raids and end game stuff, because there is no matchmaking.  If you don't have any friends to play with, you just won't be able to finish any of the harder 3 person or 6 person missions.  If you can get it cheap though, its definitely worth it, but make sure to get the new "Taken King: Legendary Edition" which includes the base game and all the DLC up to this point.  It's been usually on sale for around 40  bucks now.

And as for Dragon Age, my first love will always be Mass Effect and Commander Shepard, but I'm a sucker for any Bioware roleplaying game, and Dragon Age Inquisition did not disappoint!  Apparently now they also have DLC, so...maybe another few hours into that one eh.

Thegoblinchief

« Reply #67 on: December 18, 2015, 06:50:29 AM »

Olive Branch

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #68 on: December 18, 2015, 07:16:52 AM »
Currently off from PC gaming for the holidays but my latest gaming vice is Battlefield 4. I can't wait for XCOM 2 to be released, and as much as I'd love to wait until it's cheap, the Enemy Unknown/Within series made me a serious fan of squad-tactics turn-based gaming. Can't wait to insurge/freedom fight some aliens.

Thinkum

• Pencil Stache
  • Life is Good
« Reply #69 on: December 18, 2015, 11:57:21 AM »
For a very mustachian game you should pick up "The Last of US" on the ps3 or ps4. A post apocalyptic zombie game. If you're not into "zombies" don't let that scare you away, this is not your typical zombie experience. Going through this game on the hardest difficulty sharpened my mustachian thinking. Every piece of junk you find has to be used to maximum efficiency. You stark feeling like a stalking wolf, surviving the winter. Gave me a similar feeling as when I read The Call of the Wild by Jack London.

And thanks to this, I am now playing "The Last of Us" on my PS3. Thanks jerk. ;) All kidding aside, it is a very cinematic game thus far. Also, score for buying it used at Target for $9.74! I buy most all my games used.

Comar

• Stubble
« Reply #70 on: December 21, 2015, 05:57:21 AM »

And thanks to this, I am now playing "The Last of Us" on my PS3. Thanks jerk. ;) All kidding aside, it is a very cinematic game thus far. Also, score for buying it used at Target for $9.74! I buy most all my games used.

I'm so glad I influenced you. I'm looking forward to hearing what more you have to say about it :-)

matchewed

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #71 on: December 21, 2015, 06:29:05 AM »
For you PC gamers there is an independent focused platform called itch.io.

Bunches of free indie games if that's your jam.

davisgang90

• Handlebar Stache
    • Photography by Rich Davis
« Reply #72 on: December 21, 2015, 06:37:04 AM »
I tend to be very monogamous in my gaming and pick up games on sale.  I've got a 21 year old son who is an avid PC gamer and he steers me to games he thinks I will like.

I've got over 1000 hours on Skyrim and still enjoy playing it.  About 1300 hours on Splinter Cell Blacklist.  I really enjoy games with a stealthy aspect.

Working through Fallout 4, although I'm not enjoying it like I thought I would.

FunkyStickman

• Pencil Stache
    • Living Outside the Box
« Reply #73 on: December 21, 2015, 09:25:33 AM »
I play (mostly older) PC games, and an XBox 360 and a Wii.

On PC, I play a lot of Steam games. RPG's, like Shadowrun Returns, got 'em on sale. Also picked up a bunch of puzzle games from Humble Bundle for stupid cheap. I also get a lot of classics on PC for cheap or free.

On XBox, I play a lot of racing games like Forza 4 (got it on sale for $10!) and Blur (also cheap). Kinect games, too. I won't pay more than $15 for a game, anywhere. Too many cheap good ones to be shelling out $$$ for new releases.

And of course, I play all kinds of stuff on the Wii with the kids.

Thinkum

• Pencil Stache
  • Life is Good
« Reply #74 on: December 21, 2015, 09:26:29 AM »
I just got back into Minecraft on my PS3. I had lost interest or bought another game to play, I forget. Now I'm going to learn some of the more advanced stuff like power rails, pistons, and maybe making it to "The End". I built an anvil as well as an enchanting table. Fun times.

I still have to go back to "The Last of Us", I am barely at the first "boss" fight with some dude at the wharf. While playing I remember what the game play and realism reminded me of; Uncharted 3. Then I realized why "Naughty Dog" seemed so familiar. Duh! :)

@ Davisgang90; DANG! You make my 200-250 hours in Skyrim seem like chump change. I have only played console versions, 360 & PS3. I have seen so many mods for the PC version that I suppose I would be able to play it a lot longer too.

Roboturner

• Pencil Stache
  • No Snacks, Just Math
« Reply #75 on: December 21, 2015, 10:20:00 AM »
I finished Dragon Age: Origins last night. To celebrate I installed Dragon Age 2. I briefly played some Portal and this Steam game called Life is Strange, but then got down to the killing of darkspawn.
Yesterday was so great.

Get ready to be disappointed, DAO is vastly superior to DA2, DAI gets more interesting/is much better, but still lacks the same punch as DAO

Jon_Snow

• Magnum Stache
  • I am no man’s chair.
« Reply #76 on: December 21, 2015, 10:24:18 AM »
Not getting walloped QUITE as badly when I venture into online space battles in SW Battlefront. Progress. There may be life left in my 40-something reflexes after all. :)

davisgang90

• Handlebar Stache
    • Photography by Rich Davis
« Reply #77 on: December 21, 2015, 10:35:45 AM »
No backstory required, just jump in to Skyrim and enjoy!

JPinDC

• Stubble
« Reply #78 on: December 21, 2015, 11:23:04 AM »
JPinDC - My knowledge of console stuff is sadly out of date. One game my kids really like that's got splitscreen multiplayer  is Awesomenauts. Pretty sure that was released for the 360 too. It's a 2D MOBA, so probably not the friendliest to play online, but definitely fun co-op.

Thanks for the recommendation -- I'll have to check it out. We share a computer at home, so we're not really set up to do PC gaming right now, but it's good to have all these recommendations in case that changes someday!

ETA:
I'm hoping to find a great party game on sale:

Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes

We have this and it's great to play with a group. Really fun to see who takes the lead and figure out how to divide up the tasks. Would totally recommend!
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 11:25:31 AM by JPinDC »

Roboturner

• Pencil Stache
  • No Snacks, Just Math
« Reply #79 on: December 21, 2015, 11:25:39 AM »
I finished Dragon Age: Origins last night. To celebrate I installed Dragon Age 2. I briefly played some Portal and this Steam game called Life is Strange, but then got down to the killing of darkspawn.
Yesterday was so great.

Get ready to be disappointed, DAO is vastly superior to DA2, DAI gets more interesting/is much better, but still lacks the same punch as DAO

I keep hearing that... DAI is supposed to be really good, so i'll play through DA2 and hope DAI goes on sale before i'm done.

Anyone have advice about Skyrim? I want to play but don't know where the entry point is. Going back to the first game in the series seems like overkill. recommendations?

Oblivion is decent, but you can just play Skyrim right off the bat - its a great game

Thinkum

• Pencil Stache
  • Life is Good
« Reply #80 on: December 21, 2015, 11:40:42 AM »

Anyone have advice about Skyrim? I want to play but don't know where the entry point is. Going back to the first game in the series seems like overkill. recommendations?

As mentioned above, Skyrim is great on it's own. I bought it on 360 shortly after it came out, the first time I paid close to full price for a game in YEARS. By far the best game I have ever played. I later bought Oblivion, and I couldn't really get past the dated graphics. I would recommend trying to get the legendary edition as it will have all the DLC on it. Of course, if you're playing on PC, then no matter.

Jack

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #81 on: December 21, 2015, 12:09:18 PM »

Start with Morrowind (or better yet, Morroblivion, or at least some "Better ____" mods to improve the graphics).

Arena and Daggerfall are DOS-era and barely-3D (Arena was 2.5D, like Doom), which means the control scheme is archaic and the 640x480 rendering feels claustrophobic. They also had mostly randomly-generated maps, which makes them repetitive.

Morrowind, on the other hand, uses a modern shooter control scheme and the entire world map was detailed by hand, so it's much more interesting and varied.  In fact, I find the setting and lore to be superior to Oblivion, and maybe even Skyrim (I haven't played the latter enough to know). It also has interesting gameplay mechanics (e.g. levitation spells) that were removed from Oblivion and Skyrim when they were dumbed-down for consoles. (Some of the things were also removed because they could be abused to create exploits -- for example, crafting a dagger that turns you invisible on hit so enemies can't counterattack -- but it's a single-player game so who cares?)

In my opinion -- keeping in mind that I've never played Daggerfall and haven't played much Skyrim -- Morrowind is the best game in the series. Skyrim, despite having much better graphics, felt downright clunky in comparison (which is why I haven't played it much yet.)

Jeremy E.

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #82 on: December 21, 2015, 02:05:26 PM »

Start with Morrowind (or better yet, Morroblivion, or at least some "Better ____" mods to improve the graphics).

Arena and Daggerfall are DOS-era and barely-3D (Arena was 2.5D, like Doom), which means the control scheme is archaic and the 640x480 rendering feels claustrophobic. They also had mostly randomly-generated maps, which makes them repetitive.

Morrowind, on the other hand, uses a modern shooter control scheme and the entire world map was detailed by hand, so it's much more interesting and varied.  In fact, I find the setting and lore to be superior to Oblivion, and maybe even Skyrim (I haven't played the latter enough to know). It also has interesting gameplay mechanics (e.g. levitation spells) that were removed from Oblivion and Skyrim when they were dumbed-down for consoles. (Some of the things were also removed because they could be abused to create exploits -- for example, crafting a dagger that turns you invisible on hit so enemies can't counterattack -- but it's a single-player game so who cares?)

In my opinion -- keeping in mind that I've never played Daggerfall and haven't played much Skyrim -- Morrowind is the best game in the series. Skyrim, despite having much better graphics, felt downright clunky in comparison (which is why I haven't played it much yet.)
Morrowind was awesome, HUGE I've probably spent hundreds maybe thousands of hours playing Morrowind and I'm sure there are still places I haven't explored. You can follow a main quest, but there are TONS of side quests, it's ridiculously fun.
Heres a few tips,
Save frequently, autosaves don't always cut it.
At some point you'll get a package that you have to take to I think Caius Cascades or something like that, DO NOT LOSE THE PACKAGE.
If you kill someone and it says you needed them for a quest, revert to last save and don't kill that person.
One of my least favorite things about skyrim is that stuff resets, on Morrowind you can just go kill people in a house and say this is my house, you can decorate the house and then leave for as long as you want, when you come back all of the stuff will be there. You can leave stuff in the middle of nowhere and it'll stay there forever.
There are cheats you can do if you'd like, something with soulbounding an enchantment or something and you can get infinite health and damage.
The mudcrab merchant is pretty much impossible to find, don't look for him unless you have many hours to spare, scamp is a good alternative and will even buy drugs.
Don't sell people stuff that you stole from them unless you want to fight them.
Have Fun!

Jack

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #83 on: December 21, 2015, 02:45:28 PM »
Morrowind was awesome, HUGE I've probably spent hundreds maybe thousands of hours playing Morrowind and I'm sure there are still places I haven't explored.

The funny thing is that Morrowind has the smallest world map of any of the Elder Scrolls games:

Arena~6,000,000 km2
Daggerfall229,848 km2
Morrowind24 km2
Oblivion57 km2
Skyrim37 km2

According to the TES wiki, in Arena, "walking to a nearby town could take up to 10 hours of real time, while a far off town in another province could take several days."

Jeremy E.

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #84 on: December 21, 2015, 04:15:57 PM »
Morrowind was awesome, HUGE I've probably spent hundreds maybe thousands of hours playing Morrowind and I'm sure there are still places I haven't explored.

The funny thing is that Morrowind has the smallest world map of any of the Elder Scrolls games:

Arena~6,000,000 km2
Daggerfall229,848 km2
Morrowind24 km2
Oblivion57 km2
Skyrim37 km2

According to the TES wiki, in Arena, "walking to a nearby town could take up to 10 hours of real time, while a far off town in another province could take several days."
That's crazy, I've never heard of arena or daggerfall. Are those elder scrolls 1 and 2? I shortly played Oblivion and Skyrim but didn't extensively play either, I thought the dragons were cool in skyrim and the graphics were great. My main comparisons are games like fable, which great, but the maps don't compare whatsoever. I'm certain I've seen every bit of fable even though I've played it significantly less than morrowind.

Jack

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #85 on: December 21, 2015, 04:24:50 PM »
I've never heard of arena or daggerfall. Are those elder scrolls 1 and 2?

Yep.

bacchi

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #86 on: December 21, 2015, 05:05:36 PM »
PC gamer

I'm currently playing Pillars of Eternity and finished Divinity: Original Sin a few weeks ago. Both have great plots but DOS has far better graphics (PoE is running the Unity engine).

Kickstarted Bard's Tale IV, Planescape 2, and DOS 2.

I was a huge SC 2 player but the group dissolved after years; also played LoL.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 05:07:09 PM by bacchi »

gooki

• Magnum Stache
    • My FIRE journal
« Reply #87 on: December 21, 2015, 08:23:57 PM »
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 on the PS3.

Multiplayer only, I refuse to pay to play online, so I'm sticking with the PS3.

It's a shame the game isn't patched to keep out the hackers (auto aim bots etc), but that's only about 10% of the matches, and you can just leave.

Additionally we play Golden Eye Reloaded and GT6 in private matches only.

Thegoblinchief

« Reply #88 on: December 21, 2015, 08:50:21 PM »
I dunno, I find Morrowind and Oblivion really hard to get back into post-Skyrim, as the gameplay and graphics are quite dated. I can't recommend a new player start there.

I love the world and story of Morrowind, though, so a modded play through to update it is coming soon. Some could argue the world of Oblivion is generic fantasy, but the storylines of all the major factions are top notch writing. Particularly fond of the Dark Brotherhood and Thieves Guild quest lines.

The best resource I've found for Oblivion is the Mythic Dawn guide on the STEP forum. http://wiki.step-project.com/User:Hishutup/OblivionGuide

For Morrowind what's widely considered the best guide is this one:
http://btb2.free.fr/morrowind.html

At the very least, get the various patches and fixes in those guides. Even the final developer patched versions of the games left tons of bugs.

Knapptyme

• Bristles
« Reply #89 on: December 22, 2015, 05:15:58 AM »
So I may have missed a couple posts, but I'm surprised how dated my tastes are. I have all the Nintendo consoles sans handhelds or Wii U. I keep playing my old RPG's like Final Fantasy I-X. (I also have a PS2 for that reason.) I get it that they're 20 years old, but I still play and recommend Earthbound, Secret of Mana, and Chrono Trigger. (If you can't tell, I do have an affinity for the SNES that I grew up with.) As for PC, I've played some back in the day. It was mostly the Wizardry series with a friend.

No offense to gamers in the MMM community as I think they can be an economical choice of entertainment, but my old games still serve me well. I was even able to sell my complete boxed versions for top dollar to collectors. I'm not otherwise equipped to join this conversation.

syednaeemul

• Stubble
« Reply #90 on: December 22, 2015, 06:25:22 AM »
New thread joiner here, since buying a gaming laptop 6 months ago I've been playing PC almost exclusivey; must admit I spent around $200 on various Steam and GOG sales for around 180 games.

I'm a big RPG player and I'm currently going through Fallout New Vegas again before starting up the Witcher series. Also have a large backlog so I'm hoping by the time it's done, Fallout 4 will be around $20

Jack

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #91 on: December 22, 2015, 07:25:40 AM »
I dunno, I find Morrowind and Oblivion really hard to get back into post-Skyrim, as the gameplay and graphics are quite dated. I can't recommend a new player start there.

I guess that's why it's a good idea to play them in chronological order, then -- you won't know what (graphics) you're missing.

Roboturner

• Pencil Stache
  • No Snacks, Just Math
« Reply #92 on: December 22, 2015, 09:20:32 AM »
So I may have missed a couple posts, but I'm surprised how dated my tastes are. I have all the Nintendo consoles sans handhelds or Wii U. I keep playing my old RPG's like Final Fantasy I-X. (I also have a PS2 for that reason.) I get it that they're 20 years old, but I still play and recommend Earthbound, Secret of Mana, and Chrono Trigger. (If you can't tell, I do have an affinity for the SNES that I grew up with.) As for PC, I've played some back in the day. It was mostly the Wizardry series with a friend.

No offense to gamers in the MMM community as I think they can be an economical choice of entertainment, but my old games still serve me well. I was even able to sell my complete boxed versions for top dollar to collectors. I'm not otherwise equipped to join this conversation.

Just finished FF IX again, forgot how much i loved that game, still my favorite in the series.

Thegoblinchief

« Reply #93 on: December 28, 2015, 07:00:49 AM »
Having a shit ton of fun replaying Skyrim with this group of mods. Just starting to get into the changes made by the mod Civil War Overhaul, but it's already a significant upgrade from the 'vanilla' game.

JLee

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #94 on: December 28, 2015, 07:25:39 AM »
I just bought Fallout 3 GOTY and New Vegas Ultimate for ~$15 combined...figured I'd try to play them both to completion. That should keep me busy for a while.

I also do a secret santa gift exchange on another forum - I asked for useful stuff, and I got a pair of Darn Tough socks (which are awesome, btw) and a starter package for Star Citizen, which I'm pretty excited about. :)

Thegoblinchief

« Reply #95 on: December 28, 2015, 07:34:35 AM »
I just bought Fallout 3 GOTY and New Vegas Ultimate for ~$15 combined...figured I'd try to play them both to completion. That should keep me busy for a while.

I also do a secret santa gift exchange on another forum - I asked for useful stuff, and I got a pair of Darn Tough socks (which are awesome, btw) and a starter package for Star Citizen, which I'm pretty excited about. :)

100s of hours later...

JLee

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #96 on: December 28, 2015, 09:16:49 AM »

100s of hours later...

Given the amount of time I actually spend playing games, I might be set for the next several years. I really have minimal interest in buying anything new anymore. My backlog is too high already!

LibrarIan

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #97 on: December 28, 2015, 09:38:08 AM »
My wife got me Super Smash Bros. Wii U for Xmas. I've been (poorly) playing that for the last few days. It has a lot of replay value. I'm sure I'll be losing battles for months to come.

BlueMR2

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #98 on: December 28, 2015, 10:04:49 AM »
My game PC slowly worked it's way into being to obsolete to play anything new.  Cycling back to the classics with the Atari 7800 and PlayStation2 now so I don't have to spend any money...

Thinkum

• Pencil Stache
  • Life is Good
« Reply #99 on: December 28, 2015, 10:55:29 AM »
I've been playing GT5 on PS3 lately as I never got into it when I bought it a while ago. I have also been playing Where's My Perry?.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!