Author Topic: Mustachian video gamers - what are you PLAYING?  (Read 781498 times)

FrugalKube

• Stubble
    • The Gamer's Lounge
Re: Mustachian video gamers - what are you PLAYING?
« Reply #1850 on: April 05, 2022, 09:34:53 PM »

I'm playing Elden Ring...on PC.  I found a preorder deal so it wasn't full price.  Just a stellar game..think Skyrim mixed up with the 'soulslike' games.  The cost per hour of entertainment is exceedingly low for games like this.  I'm embarrassed to say how many hours I've played it thus far...but still feel I have tons more content to experience. I'm not one that feels the need to speed through a game to 'beat' it.

Yep, I'm completely sucked in to Elden Ring as well.  Even though I'm mostly through it - there are still a couple of optional areas and bosses to tackle - this was just playthrough 1!  I've got to do NG+, NG++, new builds and so many new weapons to try, starting over with a fresh character, PVP for a while...  It may be a while before I surface for another game.  I dabble here and there, including with Lost Ark, which a couple of friends wanted to try out.  It's got some merits, but the daily grind feels like too much when there's Elden Ring to play.

Still hooked on Elden Ring...there is just so much content! Entirely new areas open up that take hours to fully explore.  I'm just floored by not only how big the game is...but how good it is.  There are plenty of other 'big' open world games that just bore me to death..but that hasn't happened yet with Elden Ring.

I rarely replay games...so we'll see how that goes.  That's why I'm taking my time with this playthrough.

I don't generally enjoy Soulslike games. Is there any reason for me to give Elden Ring a try?

Sure I really dont like Souls games, but I found Elden to be interesting. I do recommend the co-op. I also didnt like Dark Souls 2 and I found Elden to be much easier

FrugalKube

• Stubble
    • The Gamer's Lounge
« Reply #1851 on: April 05, 2022, 09:35:43 PM »
Strange, I have seen several reviews saying the opposite: that it gets boring fast.

I am doing X4 with the latest expansion. Since I started a new game I still need about 20 hours empire building :D

Huh, I haven't seen any that say that, though I don't doubt that they're out there.  It is one of the highest-reviewed games of all time, if that matters to people. 

When it comes to open world games, I typically like them but rarely end up finishing them.  Too much is the same or just not very consequential.  Elden Ring feels very different to me...I want to keep going, to keep exploring every nook and cranny.  I'm on my second playthrough now, and enjoy every time I find something that I missed the first time around, despite spending a lot of hours and consulting some internet guides.

Agree that if someone fundamentally doesn't like Souls games, you probably won't like Elden Ring, unless the particular reason for your dislike is something different (which it probably isn't).

There are a strong contingent of 'haters' out there that shun Elden Ring "because it is a souls game".  And another contingent that shuns it because it isn't *enough* of a 'souls game'.  FromSoftware just can't win...lol.  But, hey, probably 50% of internet traffic is people bitching/arguing about stuff...haha.

With that said, I *really* dislike the typical 'soulslike' formula....yet absolutely love Elden Ring.  Sure, Elden ring has soulslike elements, but it isn't at all like the previous ones.  The issue I have with typical soulslike games is that you often *have* to defeat a boss before progressing.  The only other option is to grind existing areas over and over...boring?  I'd say so!   However, the open world of Elden Ring solves that problem.  You can walk away from a boss fight and have 100 other things to do. 

Honestly, I was quite skeptical of Elden Ring at first because of my previous experience with Dark Souls, etc... However, it won me over.   I'm a big fan of exploration based games...and this is right up my alley.  I learned to actually like the fact there are no automatic quest markers on the map...I've learned to add my own.  However, I do wish the game had at least a rudimentary 'journal' to track things better. 

Anyway, long story short....don't write the game off just because you've heard it's "just a souls game".

Well said

FrugalKube

• Stubble
    • The Gamer's Lounge
« Reply #1852 on: April 05, 2022, 09:40:30 PM »
Had a little extra cash and sold my PS4, picked up a PS5 from a buddy for a good price. Been playing Elden Ring a lot...and I'm liking it. I am thinking the confessor aka cleric/paladin may have been the wrong build for me, but hey I can respec. I am about 90 hrs in.

If you like RPGS set in the old west w/monsters try Weird West its on gamepass and PC, etc. Its from the guys who made Dishonored (well they left to form their own studio) its a fun game.

Other PS5 games I have are Spiderman Miles Morales, Guardians of the Galaxy, Deathloop and Dying Light 2 (which I pre-ordered 3 years ago back when Amazon was doing 20% off pre-orders). DL2 is like the first one, its fun, better with co-op.

I need to get back into my retro collection and play some Dreamcast/Gamecube/Genesis(btw if you have questions about playing retro systems on modern tvs or why a N64 costs so much these days, etc ask away I'll try to help)

Arbitrage

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1853 on: April 06, 2022, 09:30:48 AM »
Good to hear the broad appeal of Elden Ring.  As a Souls and Soulslike maven, I can't provide the perspective of someone who doesn't like those games!

Currently rocking Journey 2 with the Radahn swords as my primary weapon, and trying to do it without using any summons.  Starting to get the itch to do more PVP, though I still haven't done much, other than the few required invasions for Varre and the random summon as a blue. 

dcheesi

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1854 on: April 14, 2022, 04:01:51 PM »
Disco Elysium. Saw a lot of word of mouth on reddit's rpg_gamer sub about it, so I picked it up even though the setting is outside my usual swords & ray-guns stomping grounds. Pretty good so far, though I've been taking it slow.

E.T.

• Bristles
« Reply #1855 on: April 14, 2022, 06:52:53 PM »
Norco. Picked it up on a whim because I liked the art style and I'm enjoying the storytelling.

evme

• Bristles
« Reply #1856 on: April 14, 2022, 06:55:20 PM »
Anyone playing Patrick's Parabox? It's a recently released indie puzzler that's supposed to use recursion and be quite challenging. I'm reading good things...

https://www.patricksparabox.com/

farmecologist

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #1857 on: April 18, 2022, 08:45:40 AM »
Had a little extra cash and sold my PS4, picked up a PS5 from a buddy for a good price. Been playing Elden Ring a lot...and I'm liking it. I am thinking the confessor aka cleric/paladin may have been the wrong build for me, but hey I can respec. I am about 90 hrs in.

If you like RPGS set in the old west w/monsters try Weird West its on gamepass and PC, etc. Its from the guys who made Dishonored (well they left to form their own studio) its a fun game.

Other PS5 games I have are Spiderman Miles Morales, Guardians of the Galaxy, Deathloop and Dying Light 2 (which I pre-ordered 3 years ago back when Amazon was doing 20% off pre-orders). DL2 is like the first one, its fun, better with co-op.

I need to get back into my retro collection and play some Dreamcast/Gamecube/Genesis(btw if you have questions about playing retro systems on modern tvs or why a N64 costs so much these days, etc ask away I'll try to help)

I like Dying Light 2 a lot.   Was playing that before Elden Ring and haven't gotten back to it.  I made it to the city area before I stopped playing.  Planning on picking it back up again soon.

Arbitrage

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1858 on: April 18, 2022, 08:54:07 AM »

I like Dying Light 2 a lot.   Was playing that before Elden Ring and haven't gotten back to it.  I made it to the city area before I stopped playing.  Planning on picking it back up again soon.

I definitely have that on my list - had a blast with Dying Light after picking it up on the cheap a couple of years ago.  Just going to wait for a similar deal on the sequel.  Maybe I'll get lucky and they'll eventually throw it on Game Pass.

Hall11235

• Stubble
« Reply #1859 on: April 18, 2022, 12:57:32 PM »
Got the Witcher 3 for free back in 2015 with my graphics card. Roughly 200 hours in and still milking it. :)

The other video game I have probably gotten the most bang for my buck out of is WoW. Blizzard's terrible culture aside, I have probably around 2k hours in it, and still love it. The seasonal PvE is really challenging, and rewarding. Like most games, its a knowledge game, and nothing feels quite like crushing a mythic dungeon with your homies that's been giving you hell.

JLee

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1860 on: April 18, 2022, 02:07:07 PM »
Got the Witcher 3 for free back in 2015 with my graphics card. Roughly 200 hours in and still milking it. :)

The other video game I have probably gotten the most bang for my buck out of is WoW. Blizzard's terrible culture aside, I have probably around 2k hours in it, and still love it. The seasonal PvE is really challenging, and rewarding. Like most games, its a knowledge game, and nothing feels quite like crushing a mythic dungeon with your homies that's been giving you hell.

Holy cow, I had no idea it came out that long ago -- I am getting old :o

BC_Goldman

• Bristles
« Reply #1861 on: May 20, 2022, 10:55:50 AM »
If any of you like Borderlands, Epic Games is giving away Borderlands 3 as their current game of the week. It should be available until next Thursday morning. They are currently doing their mystery games which seem to be more big name games instead of the more indie ones.

DadJokes

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1862 on: May 22, 2022, 03:32:32 PM »
If any of you like Borderlands, Epic Games is giving away Borderlands 3 as their current game of the week. It should be available until next Thursday morning. They are currently doing their mystery games which seem to be more big name games instead of the more indie ones.

Awesome, thanks!

I enjoyed BL & BL2, so I hope this one is as good. I don't think it's been out long, so a $60 discount must mean that it's more along the lines of the pre-sequel, but I'll give it a shot.

onecoolcat

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #1863 on: May 22, 2022, 08:56:09 PM »
I finally beat two games this weekend that I started over three months ago:  Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days on Nintendo DS and TLOZ Majora's Mask 3D on Nintendo 3DS.  I put them down for about 2 months when I was working through Elden Ring (PS4) and hit a point in both games where I just lost interest: Days because it is extremely slow and Majora's Mask because I got caught up in other things.  The ending to Days made it all worth it - very emotional.

Up next is Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep.  I'm playing the Kingdom Hearts series in order and for the first time.  It is pretty good.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2022, 09:02:53 PM by onecoolcat »

JLee

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1864 on: May 23, 2022, 05:41:11 AM »
My roommate and I started playing Escape from Tarkov over the weekend.  It's vastly more complex and time-consuming than I could have expected, and infuriatingly frustrating until we learned that the best players in the world have a 51-66% survival rate -- suddenly our 23% seems reasonable, lol!

BC_Goldman

• Bristles
« Reply #1865 on: May 26, 2022, 09:38:15 AM »
Epic Games' free game this week is the Bioshock trilogy. Available until June 2nd.

I'm excited about this one because it sounded like an interesting series but I've never gotten around to playing it.

dignam

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #1866 on: June 03, 2022, 09:00:09 AM »
Age of Empires IV.

I was never into the AoE series, but I am an RTS veteran with countless hours into the C&C series and StarCraft.  Really enjoying AoE4 and am playing multiplayer/co-op quite a bit. The campaigns alone are worth the price, as the cutscenes are very well done and very informative; basically a documentary.  Campaign missions are OK, but not bad. 

The voice acting in this game is the best I've heard in any game, ever.  I LOVE how the languages evolve as your progress through the ages.  The English civ goes from basically unintelligible Old English to early modern English where you can understand most of it.  And the lines themselves are just perfect and delivered perfectly.  They get more frantic while in battle, they whisper when you're sneaking through forests, etc. etc.  I can't imagine the work and research that went into getting the right sounds and pronunciations for languages that are basically dead/have evolved a ton.

FrugalKube

• Stubble
    • The Gamer's Lounge
« Reply #1867 on: June 12, 2022, 09:48:03 PM »
Disco Elysium. Saw a lot of word of mouth on reddit's rpg_gamer sub about it, so I picked it up even though the setting is outside my usual swords & ray-guns stomping grounds. Pretty good so far, though I've been taking it slow.

Ya I had heard good things, I think I saw it under $20 im gonna have to try it

FrugalKube

• Stubble
    • The Gamer's Lounge
« Reply #1868 on: June 12, 2022, 09:49:35 PM »
My roommate and I started playing Escape from Tarkov over the weekend.  It's vastly more complex and time-consuming than I could have expected, and infuriatingly frustrating until we learned that the best players in the world have a 51-66% survival rate -- suddenly our 23% seems reasonable, lol!

Ya my brother was into it! He really liked it. I was more of a Warzone/PUBG kinda guy, but I only ever made it to the end once or twice

Sugaree

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1869 on: July 20, 2022, 07:08:46 AM »
I've gotten an invitation for a chance to purchase a PS5 directly from Sony.  On one hand, it would be a great xmas gift for the kiddo and is significantly cheaper than what the stores are currently selling them for.  On the other hand, it's still way more than I've ever paid for a console and about twice what I'd normally spend on the kid for xmas.  Ugh.

Feivel2000

• Bristles
« Reply #1870 on: July 20, 2022, 07:17:41 AM »
I just bought Star Wolves 3: Civil War. Played the first one, loved it. The second part was terrible, I skipped it. The third installment should be good again.

Took me over 10 years, good thing: My laptop will be fast enough :)

Arbitrage

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1871 on: July 20, 2022, 07:31:45 AM »
Been trying out a bunch of Game Pass games lately, after finally escaping Elden Ring for a few breaths of air. 

Guardians of the Galaxy is quite entertaining - the story and banter hit home.  Combat is ok; wouldn't bring me back for a second playthrough.

Gave Diablo: Immortal a try.  Gameplay is good for a mobile game, but then you cap out with no real way to progress without spending money...and I mean a lot of money.  Zero chance I could ever be hooked by those sorts of microtransactions.

That did whet my appetite for similar games, though, so I pulled Warhammer: Chaosbane out of Game Pass.  It's better than I expected it to be, with some fun gimmicks in the combat.  Level design and itemization is pretty uninspired, but it's been good enough overall, for a "free" game, to be worth my time. 

LennStar

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1872 on: July 20, 2022, 09:01:36 AM »
I just bought Star Wolves 3: Civil War. Played the first one, loved it. The second part was terrible, I skipped it. The third installment should be good again.

Oh! Didn't know there was a part 3! Played 1 and did not get part 2 because of reviews. Oh, that is long ago.

Feivel2000

• Bristles
« Reply #1873 on: July 20, 2022, 11:59:25 AM »

Oh! Didn't know there was a part 3! Played 1 and did not get part 2 because of reviews. Oh, that is long ago.

Probably also got it from some game magazine? :-D

Yes, part 2 was a desaster, part 3 is practically what part 2 should have been. In some markets it is even called "Star Wolves 2: Civil War". It's ~5€ on Steam.

Adventine

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1874 on: July 20, 2022, 12:29:36 PM »
I just finished Final Fantasy 7 Remake on hard mode (bought it on sale when it came out on Steam recently).

I played the original FF7 many years ago on the PS1, so this was definitely a nostalgia-driven buy.

Remake isn't perfect, but it was good enough entertainment for a while.

RWD

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1875 on: July 20, 2022, 03:57:11 PM »
I didn't play the original FFVII when I was a kid (I did much later as an adult). So I don't have the nostalgia for it. I'm also wary that there is an indeterminate number of games that will need to be released to retell the whole story and I'm not convinced Square Enix can finish them in a timely manner (remember FFXIII Versus aka FFXV?).

Adventine

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1876 on: July 20, 2022, 04:44:12 PM »
@RWD It's okay, I have the patience to wait several more years for another discount on the second game :D

RWD

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1877 on: July 20, 2022, 05:14:10 PM »
@RWD It's okay, I have the patience to wait several more years for another discount on the second game :D
That's the way to do it

BC_Goldman

• Bristles
« Reply #1878 on: July 20, 2022, 09:04:48 PM »
If you enjoy the Lego games, there's a Humble Bundle right now. $10 minimum gets you 9 Lego titles. I was tempted to buy it but I already have something like 300 free games from Epic that I've barely touched.

LennStar

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1879 on: July 21, 2022, 07:04:30 AM »
If you enjoy the Lego games, there's a Humble Bundle right now. $10 minimum gets you 9 Lego titles. I was tempted to buy it but I already have something like 300 free games from Epic that I've barely touched.
Yeah. I can barely keep up with the free Epics.
I still haven't touched the FF13's I bought 4? years ago. Or the FF15 from last year. Or...

dignam

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #1880 on: July 21, 2022, 07:45:46 AM »
Finally got around to playing Doom Eternal.  I'm not a huge fan of FPS games, but this is the best FPS I've ever played.  They managed to improve on Doom 2016 somehow, while making this feel like the original from the 90s (good times).  I've got graphics maxed out and it runs buttery smooth and looks absolutely gorgeous.  Music is perfect and gets more frantic as you are exploding demons.

JLee

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1881 on: July 22, 2022, 10:09:48 AM »
Finally got around to playing Doom Eternal.  I'm not a huge fan of FPS games, but this is the best FPS I've ever played.  They managed to improve on Doom 2016 somehow, while making this feel like the original from the 90s (good times).  I've got graphics maxed out and it runs buttery smooth and looks absolutely gorgeous.  Music is perfect and gets more frantic as you are exploding demons.

It's incredible how glassy-smooth those games feel, isn't it? I need to get back to Eternal - I got stuck early on and never figured out how to get past one area.

AccidentialMustache

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #1882 on: July 22, 2022, 09:23:57 PM »
I might have finally had my steam deck number come up (just before DS brought covid home from camp two weeks ago -- sharing is caring!) and have laid down some Final Fantasy Tactics (PSX) time under RetroArch. Having that on the steam store, with integrated steam cloud saves is very nice. Play it on the deck some while sick in bed, then as I'm feeling better play it on my (linux) desktop with a sixaxis. No fuss, pairs right up to linux (unlike windows).

The grip buttons are nice too for the quick load/save state. Those transfer over cloud too, so the instant it starts booting you can hit "load state" and skip all the booting animations. And fast forward. Great for that too.

dignam

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #1883 on: July 23, 2022, 05:23:17 AM »

It's incredible how glassy-smooth those games feel, isn't it? I need to get back to Eternal - I got stuck early on and never figured out how to get past one area.

Yep - I find myself just stopping and looking at the scenery pretty frequently.  Some areas are tricky, in a puzzle sense.  The fights themselves are also much more difficult than Doom 2016, which I appreciate.

E.T.

• Bristles
« Reply #1884 on: July 23, 2022, 10:18:06 PM »
I'm playing the original borderlands for the first time with my spouse, it's fun. I definitely like it better than the newer sequels. It was on a steep Steam sale the other day, so it was a good value.

I agree that the new Doom games are great. They did such a good job on the soundtrack and the way it amps up while you're playing.

LennStar

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1885 on: August 22, 2022, 11:14:19 AM »
Here I was thinking about getting Age of Wonders Planetfall for the 12,XX on sale - and the humble bundle gives it to me for 11,XX together with other stuff.

Okay, so there is the Battletech collection, which I can greatly recommend to any round based tactical battle fan (I have 200+ hours), and the Shadowrun Trilogy, 3 games with round based tactical fights and maybe a bit too much text.

Both I have, so for everyone reading this: post here! and your game of choice (sorry, only 2 places) and you will get a PM from me with the present link.

LonerMatt

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1886 on: September 07, 2022, 10:39:22 PM »
Avid Dota 2 player here (can't really be any other type for that game). Anyone else play?

Love it unconditionally, but an extremely punishing and unique game.

FrugalKube

• Stubble
    • The Gamer's Lounge
« Reply #1887 on: November 05, 2022, 09:57:27 PM »
Here I was thinking about getting Age of Wonders Planetfall for the 12,XX on sale - and the humble bundle gives it to me for 11,XX together with other stuff.

Okay, so there is the Battletech collection, which I can greatly recommend to any round based tactical battle fan (I have 200+ hours), and the Shadowrun Trilogy, 3 games with round based tactical fights and maybe a bit too much text.

Both I have, so for everyone reading this: post here! and your game of choice (sorry, only 2 places) and you will get a PM from me with the present link.

Thats a nice offer I have Shadowrun already would be curious about Battletech, may have to look into this

clifp

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #1888 on: November 06, 2022, 02:47:15 PM »
I have been playing Stellaris on Xbox.  I am intrigued. I want to find out what the end game is like.  I used to play Stars!, but I never made it to the end game (maybe there was a paywall?).  I am hoping Stellaris has an end game.  I think I am halfway through the game I started and just figured out how to declare war.  So many menus in this game.

I understand it is been improved since the last time I fired it up a couple of years ago, but Stellaris's endgame was one of its real weaknesses.  The AI is bad and just gets boring. The beginning is a lot of fun, and the middle game is pretty decent.

If you like Stellaris, you very well might like Paradox's most recent release, Victoria 3.  Set in 1836, the start of Queen Victoria reign it lets you command most countries on earth.  It is very focused on economic development and diplomacy rather than warfare.  It is not available on Xbox yet, but might be worth keeping an I out for it.

evme

• Bristles
« Reply #1889 on: November 06, 2022, 04:50:18 PM »
I guess I'm a bit late to the party but "Elden Ring" really is a lot of fun and a terrific game. I absolutely love the sense of scale and epic world they created.

Arbitrage

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1890 on: November 07, 2022, 11:10:24 AM »
Playing Overwatch 2.  It's really more like Overwatch 1.5.  I played the original after release for several months, but eventually got too stressed out/burned out by the competitive mode.  My ceiling isn't the highest due to age/reflexes and not growing up using console sticks for aiming, but I can still have fun and do ok.  Mostly defaulted into the Support role due to low queue times.  I enjoy the complexity of the role, though it definitely suffers from being very difficult to "carry" a bad/mediocre team to victory when Support.  Blizzard claims that changes are coming to address the unattractiveness of supporting, but it sounds like that will come more from adding additional Support heroes rather than strengthening the existing role.  New Support heroes are definitely needed for more variety, though (you choose 1 tank out of 10, with an 11th being released next; 2 DPS out of 17, and 2 Support out of 8). 

Watchmaker

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1891 on: November 07, 2022, 11:42:13 AM »
Been playing NES games on an emulator a lot recently. Mario I & II, Zelda I & II and Duck Tails.

Sugaree

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1892 on: November 07, 2022, 12:08:22 PM »
Been playing NES games on an emulator a lot recently. Mario I & II, Zelda I & II and Duck Tails.

Where are you finding an emulator these days?  Back in the early 2000s when it they were basically abandonware, I had a ton of ROMs (including translated copies of some of the Final Fantasy games that were only released on the Famicon) to go with NESticle.  But, it's been my understanding that Nintendo has been shutting a lot of that down when they realized what kind of market there was for the NES Classic.

techwiz

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1893 on: November 07, 2022, 12:15:43 PM »

Where are you finding an emulator these days?  Back in the early 2000s when it they were basically abandonware, I had a ton of ROMs (including translated copies of some of the Final Fantasy games that were only released on the Famicon) to go with NESticle.  But, it's been my understanding that Nintendo has been shutting a lot of that down when they realized what kind of market there was for the NES Classic.

I suggest looking into RetroPie it is a lot of fun playing with the Raspberry Pi and making your own retro gaming system.

Sugaree

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1894 on: November 07, 2022, 12:46:14 PM »

I suggest looking into RetroPie it is a lot of fun playing with the Raspberry Pi and making your own retro gaming system.

That sounds like fun!

Watchmaker

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1895 on: November 07, 2022, 02:00:11 PM »

I'm using Retroarch on an old PC, and I haven't had trouble finding ROMs or engines. I also bought an NES classic, but I gave it away to a family friend a year or two ago.

farmecologist

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #1896 on: November 21, 2022, 10:49:09 AM »

I'm using Retroarch on an old PC, and I haven't had trouble finding ROMs or engines. I also bought an NES classic, but I gave it away to a family friend a year or two ago.

I splurged on a Steam Deck and let me tell you....it's an emulation paradise!  If any of you get one, just google "EmuDeck" to get started.  Amazing stuff!

4tify

• Bristles
« Reply #1897 on: November 23, 2022, 09:18:41 AM »
Finally finished God of War on PS5. Loved it and might get #2.

Meantime I picked up Last of US 2 (not sure I like as much as the first) and went back to Astro’s Playroom which I love for its mindlessness. Sometime a simple game hits the spot.

Arbitrage

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1898 on: November 23, 2022, 09:46:34 AM »
Looking forward to Warhammer 40K: Darktide.  I was a big fan of the two Vermintides, so I'm eager to see what this iteration has in store.  Day 1 release with Xbox Game Pass.

bacchi

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1899 on: November 23, 2022, 01:40:52 PM »
Finished Queen's Wish 2, a retro game from Spiderweb. The graphics are blocky but it's fun. I played an hour or two each evening for weeks.

I'm also playing Factorio and trying to lift off the surface before the aliens destroy my polluting factories.

And Star Wolves 3 is worth a look. Thanks for the recommendation.

Awaiting the final release of BG 3. I played the beta a little on Stadia but could never get co-op to work so I got a refund.