Author Topic: Mustachian video gamers - what are you PLAYING?  (Read 781541 times)

farmecologist

• Pencil Stache
Re: Mustachian video gamers - what are you PLAYING?
« Reply #700 on: February 10, 2017, 01:07:12 PM »
Just bought Witcher 3 with all the expansion packs! Kind of pricey but one of the best game's I've ever played.

About 24 hours of play time into it and I can see it easily climbing to a few hundred eventually so the cost/time isn't too bad. Like many here though I don't have much time for it, only Fri-Sun when I am home and there are so many other priorities when you are gone 5 days a week.

I think it will be my go-to game for quite a while.

It is mind-blowing how expansive that game it. Be careful because it will definitely suck you in!

I really liked the storytelling in Witcher 3.  And yes, the game world is huge...but to me it felt kind of 'empty' in places. 

In Skyrim I felt like there was a new thing to explore literally everywhere.  I didn't get that same feeling playing Witcher 3.

Of course, they are two completely different games...so probably not good to compare them in the first place...but everyone seems to anyway.

Fish Sweet

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #701 on: February 10, 2017, 01:15:35 PM »
I am currently very slowly playing my way through Final Fantasy XV.  Slowly mostly because I want to stop to do every sidequest, spend hours fishing, cook every meal, find every campsite, eat every available thing to eat.... so yeah, it's taking me a while, haha.  It's a real problem because the food looks so great in this game.

Upcoming games I have on my docket:
- Code: Realize (an otome visual novel)
- The Last Guardian
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
- Dishonored 2

Hoping to either borrow most of those or buy steeply discounted during a sale though.

RWD

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #702 on: February 10, 2017, 01:25:26 PM »
I am currently very slowly playing my way through Final Fantasy XV.  Slowly mostly because I want to stop to do every sidequest, spend hours fishing, cook every meal, find every campsite, eat every available thing to eat.... so yeah, it's taking me a while, haha.  It's a real problem because the food looks so great in this game.

It's unfortunate they spent more time on the food/cooking than on the actual battle system...

Fish Sweet

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #703 on: February 10, 2017, 01:43:34 PM »

It's unfortunate they spent more time on the food/cooking than on the actual battle system...

Enh, the battle system isn't perfect but it looks cool as heck so I don't mind.  I usually don't go into FF games expecting anything particularly great when it comes to battle.

zoltani

« Reply #704 on: February 10, 2017, 01:48:25 PM »
Just bought Witcher 3 with all the expansion packs! Kind of pricey but one of the best game's I've ever played.

About 24 hours of play time into it and I can see it easily climbing to a few hundred eventually so the cost/time isn't too bad. Like many here though I don't have much time for it, only Fri-Sun when I am home and there are so many other priorities when you are gone 5 days a week.

I think it will be my go-to game for quite a while.

It is mind-blowing how expansive that game it. Be careful because it will definitely suck you in!

I really liked the storytelling in Witcher 3.  And yes, the game world is huge...but to me it felt kind of 'empty' in places. 

In Skyrim I felt like there was a new thing to explore literally everywhere.  I didn't get that same feeling playing Witcher 3.

Of course, they are two completely different games...so probably not good to compare them in the first place...but everyone seems to anyway.

I find that I can spend several hours alone just exploring the "undiscovered locations" in witcher 3. You will find some cool stuff like gear and potions along the way.

chesebert

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #705 on: February 10, 2017, 03:45:01 PM »
Should I play Witcher 3 or Dark Soul 3? I have very limited time dedicated to gaming and I want to get the most out of it.

I like a good story more than anything. I played Witcher 1 and Witcher 2 but have not played any Soul games.

minimalistgamer

• Bristles
  • Gamer and minimalist.
    • Minimalist Gamer
« Reply #706 on: February 11, 2017, 08:25:42 AM »
Should I play Witcher 3 or Dark Soul 3? I have very limited time dedicated to gaming and I want to get the most out of it.

I like a good story more than anything. I played Witcher 1 and Witcher 2 but have not played any Soul games.

I have not played either, but from what I hear, Witcher 3 is a better game.

Cezil

• Stubble
« Reply #707 on: February 11, 2017, 08:45:01 AM »
I bought Rimworld on Monday or Tuesday.... I have 27 hours in already, and mind you, I work 40 hours/week, so..nothing got done this week.  So addicting.. Logging in right now.  Firefly whaaaaaat.  So much fun, and funny!

Ozstache

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #708 on: February 11, 2017, 10:53:39 PM »
After giving up on Witcher 2 because it was getting a bit too monotonous, I embarked upon Witcher 3 (which I bought a while ago) this week with trepidation. Turns out this latest version is a lot more interesting for me , with a greater variety of quests and side quests and intricate communities in the towns and cities. The graphics are absolutely stunning and I find I can run my GTX 1060 at max graphics settings (including full hairworks) at 1080p with very smooth frame rates. I am so glad I didn't give up on this series!

FrugalKube

• Stubble
    • The Gamer's Lounge
« Reply #709 on: February 12, 2017, 01:22:53 PM »

Witcher 3 is more enjoyable. The challenge of the Dark Souls series made me want to throw my controller

Vindicated

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #710 on: February 13, 2017, 08:39:31 AM »
I also have limited play time.  Maybe 5-10hrs a week.

Currently, I'm playing
 - Rocket League - ~70hrs - I suck, but my friends are super into it, and it's the best way to "hang out" since we live hours away these days.
 - Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen - ~55hrs - Probably another 100+ to complete.
 - Dungeon of the Endless - Just bought on sale.  Only ~2hrs in.  Need to finish DD:DA first!

Recent Past:
 - Stellaris - ~100hrs - So much fun, but can get overwhelming if you're playing on a large galaxy.  Lost my first couple of tries, won my most recent.  Going to jump back into it in the future, as they are already releasing additional content.
 - Anarchy Online - ~200 DAYS (over 16 years) - MMOs are too much time commitment, but I find myself drawn back in every year or so.  Many characters from lowbie twinks to 220.

Upcoming:
 - Zelda: Breath of the Wild - I feel like I NEED the Nintendo Switch, and the new Zelda, but I haven't purchased a console since XBOX 360 back in 2005-2006.
 - VR? - Don't have the hardware yet.  Will wait until I can justify it and prices come down.  Lots of cool games coming out!

Cwadda

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #711 on: February 13, 2017, 08:49:53 AM »
Anyone try the For Honor beta? I enjoyed it although I just can't justify paying $60 for this game. In my opinion, it's the type of game you play 2-4 weeks then get tired of. There's a 20% discount for Prime members although even $48 seems steep for what the game would be worth to me.

farmecologist

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #712 on: February 13, 2017, 01:31:55 PM »
I just saw this and thought I would pass it on...

humblebundle has a full charity bundle going on :  https://www.humblebundle.com/freedom

They matched up to 300K...which they already reached. 

Pretty incredible deal for $30.  I saw stardew valley mentioned in a few posts here...and it is included in the bundle.  Might be a great time to nab it if you don't already have it.

SouthernTransplant

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #713 on: February 13, 2017, 01:35:52 PM »
humblebundle has a full charity bundle going on :  https://www.humblebundle.com/freedom

Just picked this up myself.  I was considering getting The Witness at $30 anyway, so getting another 40+ games/books AND supporting the ACLU is a no brainer!

farmecologist

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #714 on: February 13, 2017, 01:38:57 PM »

Just picked this up myself.  I was considering getting The Witness at $30 anyway, so getting another 40+ games/books AND supporting the ACLU is a no brainer!

I agree!  And amazingly, I already owned only 3 of the games on the list.  My steam library has over 1000 games now ( mostly due to bundles like this ).

sw1tch

• Bristles
« Reply #715 on: February 13, 2017, 02:12:18 PM »
Just thought I'd finally update with where I'm at.

I finally beat Mirror's Edge (PS3).  I literally had about 30 minutes left to play and just hadn't gotten back to it in about a year but now that's complete.

I'm working on going through my catalog of games that I never finished and getting them out of the way.  I have the following in my queue:
- Sly Cooper 3
- Ni No Kuni
- God of War
- Limbo

I literally don't need to buy games for a couple more years due to the extensive library that I've accumulated already (both bought and free pick-ups).

Shaz_Au

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #716 on: February 13, 2017, 10:06:37 PM »
Mass Effect 2 is currently available free through EA's Origin platform (Go to Free Games/On the House).  I'm not a fan of Origin but login occasionally just to see what game is currently free.

I'm currently playing Fallout 4, EB Games (Australia) had an awesome sale just before Christmas where you got the base game and Season Pass for cheaper than you could buy just the season pass on Steam!

prognastat

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #717 on: February 15, 2017, 07:57:38 AM »
I only play on consoles, I have most previous generations of consoles and only PS4 this generation so far, but probably more once the prices of the others drop.

I just started a second playthorugh of Bloodborne on PS4 to get the hard/true ending. It's definitely my favourite game on the PS4 and possibly of all time.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 07:59:28 AM by prognastat »

Cwadda

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #718 on: February 15, 2017, 03:28:34 PM »
I ended up buying For Honor on Amazon (which comes with a 20% discount if you have Prime). Meh, I already know it's not a great game, but I really really want to play with my friends who all got it. :/

Vindicated

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #719 on: February 16, 2017, 06:28:08 AM »
I ended up buying For Honor on Amazon (which comes with a 20% discount if you have Prime). Meh, I already know it's not a great game, but I really really want to play with my friends who all got it. :/

I've got a coworker that's pretty into it, but he's been playing since Beta.  From what I can tell, it has a learning curve.  Perhaps you'll enjoy it more as you learn more combos and situational strategies.

I'll probably pass on it for a while.  Way too much when there are plenty of free games to play (Rocket League, League of Legends, Smite), and a lot of cheap games I've already purchased through Steam.  Let us know if you get more into it though.

Cwadda

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #720 on: February 16, 2017, 07:43:25 AM »

I've got a coworker that's pretty into it, but he's been playing since Beta.  From what I can tell, it has a learning curve.  Perhaps you'll enjoy it more as you learn more combos and situational strategies.

I'll probably pass on it for a while.  Way too much when there are plenty of free games to play (Rocket League, League of Legends, Smite), and a lot of cheap games I've already purchased through Steam.  Let us know if you get more into it though.

The problem is that I'd be happy with simply continuing to play the Beta. The full game does not offer anything more. It has a weak campaign and the multiplayer modes are very limited (hack n slash).

Lis

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #721 on: February 16, 2017, 11:21:11 AM »
I got sucked into Stardew Valley again. You run around, you farm, you mine, you bop monsters on the head. It should NOT be this addicting!

Cezil

• Stubble
« Reply #722 on: February 16, 2017, 11:32:36 AM »
I got sucked into Stardew Valley again. You run around, you farm, you mine, you bop monsters on the head. It should NOT be this addicting!

I love Stardew Valley!

farmecologist

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #723 on: February 16, 2017, 11:44:49 AM »

I love Stardew Valley!

I mentioned this above but is worth repeating...Stardew Valley is available as part of the Humble Freedom Bundle...an insanely good deal they are hosting for charity :

https://www.humblebundle.com/freedom

In fact, this bundle is approaching 5 million in donations!

ptobest

• Stubble
« Reply #724 on: February 17, 2017, 10:32:51 AM »
I got the Humble Freedom Bundle! Last night I tried out Mini Metro, which was quick and fun. I also started playing Human Resource Machine - also fun, but I realized that staying up late playing a programming game, causing me to be sleep-deprived for my actual programming job, was not the best idea. Looking forward to finally playing Stardew Valley this weekend.

coin

• Stubble
« Reply #725 on: February 18, 2017, 08:43:06 PM »

Upcoming games I have on my docket:
- Code: Realize (an otome visual novel)
- The Last Guardian
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
- Dishonored 2

Hoping to either borrow most of those or buy steeply discounted during a sale though.

I beat FFXV during the Christmas holidays, and since my secret santa gave me playstation credit I got the season pass.  So I've been playing the Choco-Moogle carnival.  Some of the sidequests were kinda dumb, but it's a nice distraction.

That said, I was annoyed that I accidentally activated a bug so now I can't complete one of the hunts.

Cwadda

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #726 on: February 20, 2017, 12:36:08 PM »
I ordered For Honor and have since not opened it. I have almost zero desire to play! I think I'm going to return it. It's just not worth $60 for me.

Has anyone looked into Horizon Zero Dawn? It's supposedly one of the best PS4 exclusives to date.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 12:38:11 PM by Cwadda »

farmecologist

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #727 on: February 20, 2017, 12:56:39 PM »
I ordered For Honor and have since not opened it. I have almost zero desire to play! I think I'm going to return it. It's just not worth $60 for me.

Has anyone looked into Horizon Zero Dawn? It's supposedly one of the best PS4 exclusives to date.

I'm very interested in Zero Dawn...looks like a great open-world game.

I know i'ts a very old game but I finally starting playing the GTAV single player 'story mode' now that I have a competent PC.  Looks amazing on my GTX 1070!

RunningintoFI

• Stubble
  • Paid to optimize. Love not to.
« Reply #728 on: February 20, 2017, 01:39:30 PM »
I have had my Xbox unplugged for the past two months but I am eagerly awaiting Mass Effect: Andromeda in March.  Pre-ordered through Amazon so it was cheaper and used Christmas Gift Cards to get it for a whopping $3 after tax.  Always loved the ME universe and I'm looking forward to a new journey in the new galaxy.

Also have to give huge shout outs to Civ III and IV, Empire Earth, and Age of Empires II for helping me play through hours and hours of history in my teens.  And CoD Zombies was a great way to spend college nights with friends.  And Final Fantasy X was another favorite on the PS2.  Recently repurchased it on Steam and love dueling the hybrid creations in the Calm Lands arena. 

MoneyMage

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #729 on: February 20, 2017, 07:40:34 PM »
I typically play one video game at a time for months or years and haven't played any MMOs with subscriptions since having kids. I like games I can quickly start and stop or play in spurts after the kids are in bed... like League of Legends and Hearthstone and Heroes of the Storm.

Right now I'm playing Overwatch; I started playing it at release and haven't played anything else since! I mostly queue up for either competitive (Platinum level) or Mystery Heroes (I like the randomness) and sometimes All Brawls. My current go-to competitive characters are Lucio, Zarya, and Ana.

Cwadda

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #730 on: February 21, 2017, 08:07:44 AM »
I typically play one video game at a time for months or years and haven't played any MMOs with subscriptions since having kids. I like games I can quickly start and stop or play in spurts after the kids are in bed... like League of Legends and Hearthstone and Heroes of the Storm.

Right now I'm playing Overwatch; I started playing it at release and haven't played anything else since! I mostly queue up for either competitive (Platinum level) or Mystery Heroes (I like the randomness) and sometimes All Brawls. My current go-to competitive characters are Lucio, Zarya, and Ana.

Overwatch is great. Have also been playing since its release. Unfortunately I play on PS4 and on the console some characters are obsolete because the difficulty of aiming. Like for Ana on the PC, you just click on people. On console it's much more difficult. Lucio and Mercy are much better.

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
    • Age of Eon - Overwatch player videos
« Reply #731 on: February 21, 2017, 08:36:58 AM »
If anyone wants coaching (or boosting) on Overwatch, my son is US Top 500 in Seasons 2 and 3.  Last season he mained Tracer.  This season it looks like he mostly plays Soldier:76. 

PM me for details.

Mods, feel free to delete if this seems too commercial.

Rimu05

• Bristles
« Reply #732 on: February 21, 2017, 09:24:49 AM »
As they are no longer making PS3 games. Any games I should play before I take this to Gamestop? I am halfway through the Last of Us, but my PS3 was quite neglected during my college years and I missed out on quite a couple of games.

Also, at a loss as to whether I want to buy another console or go the gaming PC way. However, since I sit at my computer daily, the gaming PC thing doesn't seem as attractive and Sony has made some of my favorite exclusives. Like Little Big Planet, Resistance: Fall of Man and Uncharted.

prognastat

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #733 on: February 21, 2017, 09:32:03 AM »
As they are no longer making PS3 games. Any games I should play before I take this to Gamestop? I am halfway through the Last of Us, but my PS3 was quite neglected during my college years and I missed out on quite a couple of games.

Also, at a loss as to whether I want to buy another console or go the gaming PC way. However, since I sit at my computer daily, the gaming PC thing doesn't seem as attractive and Sony has made some of my favorite exclusives. Like Little Big Planet, Resistance: Fall of Man and Uncharted.

If you haven't played them yet:
The kingdom hearts remasters/bundles are quite good.
Ni No Kuni is good too.
The inFamous games are pretty good too.
The Batman Arkham games.
Red Dead Redemption.
he Bioshock games.
The ICO & Shadow of the Colossus remaster bundle.
Demon Souls, Dark Souls, Dark Souls 2.
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Dead Space.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 09:37:16 AM by prognastat »

Thinkum

• Pencil Stache
  • Life is Good
« Reply #734 on: February 21, 2017, 03:00:50 PM »

I'm in the same boat as you. The games I have enjoyed the most on my PS3 are Skyrim, Fallout 3: New Vegas, GTA 4, Portal 1 & 2, Little Big Planet, Ratchet & Clank, etc. I have not gotten into Ni No Kuni yet, but I have it there and it seemed okay. Last of Us was one of my favorite games, of all time really. I would say Gran Turismo, but I much preferred the Forza series.

Serve&Volley88

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #735 on: February 24, 2017, 02:08:23 PM »
I recently built a gaming PC (parts list https://pcpartpicker.com/user/AsphaltJustice/saved/zdkf7P). So far, I've played Shadow of Mordor which has very fun combat mechanics but suffers from a bad storyline. Kill orcs, fight captain, repeat. I've become pretty bored.

Battlefield 1, on the other hand, has proven to be a blast. Really enjoying it. I recently bought The Witcher 3 and Total War: Warhammer on sale and look forward to getting around to those soon. I'm almost afraid to start TW3 because I've heard it can easily suck you in.

Vindicated

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #736 on: February 24, 2017, 03:13:40 PM »
If anyone is interested, Anarchy Online just went live on Steam today.

It's a 15 year old game, the first Sci-Fi MMORPG, and still pretty fun.  I'll be hopping back in to enjoy the population increase, and help some noobies with getting started.  Maybe I'll finish that level 9 Enforcer twink I started back in October.  By my calculations, it looks like I'll get Quality 85-90 implants into him :D

Positives
 - The most unique character equipping system I've seen.
  - Most items don't have level limits, so if you can figure out how to squeeze out a few more skills, you can equip great items on lowbies.
 - Huge open world
 - 14 Classes to choose from, some of which are absolutely unique to the game.
 - Reasonably interesting story line
 - Part of the game free.  You can't really compete with paid players, but you don't necessarily have to.

Negatives
 - Somewhat broken economy
 - Graphics could use a serious update
 - Buggy compared to newer games, but it doesn't make it unplayable
 - Most of the best items & some levels require expansions and monthly payments

Lagom

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #737 on: February 24, 2017, 04:01:28 PM »
If anyone is interested, Anarchy Online just went live on Steam today.

It's a 15 year old game, the first Sci-Fi MMORPG, and still pretty fun.  I'll be hopping back in to enjoy the population increase, and help some noobies with getting started.  Maybe I'll finish that level 9 Enforcer twink I started back in October.  By my calculations, it looks like I'll get Quality 85-90 implants into him :D

Positives
 - The most unique character equipping system I've seen.
  - Most items don't have level limits, so if you can figure out how to squeeze out a few more skills, you can equip great items on lowbies.
 - Huge open world
 - 14 Classes to choose from, some of which are absolutely unique to the game.
 - Reasonably interesting story line
 - Part of the game free.  You can't really compete with paid players, but you don't necessarily have to.

Negatives
 - Somewhat broken economy
 - Graphics could use a serious update
 - Buggy compared to newer games, but it doesn't make it unplayable
 - Most of the best items & some levels require expansions and monthly payments

Interesting. I've thought about trying this game for years. One of my buddies I played WoW with was quite fond of it. What's the learning curve like? Can it be played casually/mostly solo? I'm not interested in getting sucked back into the MMO grind, but a relaxing foray into an interesting world for a couple hours here and there could be fun.

Ozstache

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #738 on: February 25, 2017, 11:23:01 PM »
After 57 hours of game play over two weeks, I just finished Witcher 3. Wow, what an awesome game that was! Might even go back and finish off Witcher 2.

frugalwitch

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #739 on: February 26, 2017, 12:01:07 PM »
I bought Legion (WoW) and truly, I shouldn't have done that.
I really like the expansion so far and have to restraint myself of not playing too much. Just finished questing in the Aszuna area and I loved it!

Vindicated

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #740 on: February 27, 2017, 07:06:51 AM »
Interesting. I've thought about trying this game for years. One of my buddies I played WoW with was quite fond of it. What's the learning curve like? Can it be played casually/mostly solo? I'm not interested in getting sucked back into the MMO grind, but a relaxing foray into an interesting world for a couple hours here and there could be fun.

The new starting area, Arete Landing, does a pretty good job of teaching you the different aspects of the game.  It's not very hand-holdy, so if you have questions, feel free to PM me. 

You can make it to about level 35 without "Grinding".  By that, I mean you can get to about level 35 without killing the same mobs over and over, just following the path that makes the most sense.  And you can do this Solo, if you spend the time upgrading your character.

This is the learning curve part.  When you find that mobs your level are getting difficult to kill, you need to upgrade your armor, weapon, implants and nanos (spells).  To simplify it, I recommend starting as a martial artists, because you won't need to upgrade weapons, as you punch with your fists.  My highest level character is a MA.  They're arguably the best Solo class too.

Upgrading is complicated.  Pay close attention to the implant tutorial on Arete Landing, and make sure to buy the armor from the vendor on Arete that lets you right-click to upgrade.  That armor grows with you to level 50 or so, iirc.

Also, feel free to ask for help in the OOC channels.  The community is very helpful.

twbird18

• Stubble
« Reply #741 on: February 27, 2017, 08:13:20 AM »
Resogun - I probably spend 5-10 hours a week playing the challenges. I'll probably get tired of it one day, but I've been playing it since it was released as a free PS4 plus game...
The Last of Us - just started
I just got a Nintendo Classic so I'm about to start playing through those games.

Vindicated

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #742 on: February 27, 2017, 03:01:34 PM »
I bought Legion (WoW) and truly, I shouldn't have done that.
I really like the expansion so far and have to restraint myself of not playing too much. Just finished questing in the Aszuna area and I loved it!

I have a few friends that are going to try out the free vanilla WoW server.  I hear it's pretty populated and free.  I might check it out.

www.kronos-wow.com

Metric Mouse

• Walrus Stache
  • FU @ 22. F.I.R.E before 23
« Reply #743 on: February 27, 2017, 07:23:00 PM »
Resogun - I probably spend 5-10 hours a week playing the challenges. I'll probably get tired of it one day, but I've been playing it since it was released as a free PS4 plus game...
I just got a Nintendo Classic so I'm about to start playing through those games.
How do you like the nintendo? It was on my list, great price, but the 3 foot cord killed it for me. I have a fancy pants living room that is larger than that...

JLee

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #744 on: February 27, 2017, 09:19:29 PM »
I just picked up Shadows of Mordor for $4. It should provide $4 worth of entertainment. : )

Link if anybody else is interested - https://slickdeals.net/f/9814195-middle-earth-shadow-of-mordor-game-of-the-year-edition-3-99?v=1

twbird18

• Stubble
« Reply #745 on: February 28, 2017, 08:14:59 AM »
How do you like the nintendo? It was on my list, great price, but the 3 foot cord killed it for me. I have a fancy pants living room that is larger than that...

It's fun from a nostalgic POV. You can certainly get an emulator & all those games on like a Raspberry for cheaper without the cords. I just used an extended HDMI cord to run it across to the coffee table and play (luckily I have an outlet by the couch because the power cord is equally short). It weighs nothing so putting it away when I'm not using it is NBD & we don't have kids or pets to run into  lines.

Metric Mouse

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #746 on: March 01, 2017, 02:51:07 PM »
A longer HDMI cable is a slick idea. May have to check it out at some point.

Bakari

• Handlebar Stache
  • Veggie Powered Handyman
    • The Flamboyant Introvert
« Reply #747 on: March 01, 2017, 03:31:56 PM »
For those who have not palyed mass effect 2, you can get the game free now. Ubisoft and other publishers would from time to time post free games to download.

Well, now you are starting to redeem yourself, thread!

In case you don't remember, I posted a few pages / weeks back about how this is supposed to be the MUSTACHIAN forum, and how ya'll informing me of some of what's out there - which won't run on my 2008 laptop - was generating brand new expensive desires

(like, witcher 3 won't even run on a Pentium i3.  an i5 is the minimum requirement.  wtf!? So I'd be looking at at least a $900 computer, and that's if I built it myself)...

Turns out Mass Effect 2 will run on a pentium core duo just fine, even at the higher settings.
And free, that's a nice mustachian price. 
ME2 is the reason I haven't posted anything on any of the MMM boards in a couple weeks.  After my second playthrough, I bought ME1 for $15, which should both last me a few hours playtime on its own and make a 3rd (maybe 4th or 5th too) playthrough of ME2 more fun.
Also found a copy of Witcher (1) on ebay for 10 bucks, just started it yesterday.

Meanwhile, I got 6 new cooperative 2 player games for the PS2 after finishing Champions of Norrath and Perfect Dark with my wife, (who still keeps calling me a nerd, but recently spends almost as much time on gaming as I do :P )

So, yeah, thanks.  Between these 9 new games, it should help hold off the temptation to spend a chunk of money on a computer that I really really don't need!

Metric Mouse

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #748 on: March 01, 2017, 07:28:23 PM »
How does one finish Champions of Norrath? I think I've played it through at least 6 times with various friends, plus several play throughs of the sequel. Love those games.

Bakari

• Handlebar Stache
  • Veggie Powered Handyman
    • The Flamboyant Introvert
« Reply #749 on: March 01, 2017, 09:14:52 PM »
How does one finish Champions of Norrath? I think I've played it through at least 6 times with various friends, plus several play throughs of the sequel. Love those games.
Well, yeah, we did two consecutive run through, and she was ready for a 3rd but I needed a little variety, since the layouts and dialog are all identical every time