Author Topic: Mustachian video gamers - what are you PLAYING?  (Read 254335 times)

dignam

• Stubble
Re: Mustachian video gamers - what are you PLAYING?
« Reply #1250 on: April 17, 2019, 09:26:45 AM »
I am playing huge quantities of Overwatch lately. Such a fun, intricate game and such a good experience if you play with friends or find good strangers from the random assignments.

I freaking love Overwatch.  I have way more hours in it than I should, but it's just so darn fun.  So many ways to play, and Competitive is where it's at.  Love how every hero and strategy has a counter of some sort.

Community isn't bad either.  For every salty, toxic player there are 5 others who are fun and helpful.  Most people will switch heros if you ask nicely (and it's obvious that hero is not working for the current situation/composition).

Lucio or Orisa are my go-tos.  Willing to play most heros though if the team needs it.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 09:29:21 AM by dignam »

jojoguy

• Stubble
« Reply #1251 on: April 17, 2019, 09:34:58 AM »
I started replaying Bloodborne. I really forgot how great this game is!

Bakari

• Handlebar Stache
  • Veggie Powered Handyman
    • The Flamboyant Introvert
« Reply #1252 on: April 18, 2019, 11:06:01 PM »
City Skylines!

I first learned about that game from this thread. 
My computer of the time was not capable of playing it even at the lowest settings.
I designed a cheap gaming rig on PCPartPicker, but the frugal in me kept me putting it off.  Even after my more-than-ten-year-old laptop finally died, I switched to another laptop I had picked up for free when I was a hauler.  Some two years later, I finally went ahead and built my "super" (by my standards - Core i7, GE force GTX1060) computer out of parts.
I cursed this thread for tempting me to indulge in a almost $1000 computer when my real needs would probably have been met with a $100 computer.
But it is certainly a fun game.  I spent a lot of hours on it, especially in the early days of paternity leave just before and just after my little goober made his first appearance, when there was nothing to do in between fetching things for my wife.
I hope to be able to play again some day, maybe the Witcher 3 too, and Mass Effect 3.  Maybe once he's in school...

OneCoolCat

• Bristles
« Reply #1253 on: April 19, 2019, 04:46:48 PM »

One of the best games ever.  From Software is the best developer out there!

jojoguy

• Stubble
« Reply #1254 on: April 19, 2019, 08:15:44 PM »

Yep! Still need to check out Sekiro. Waiting for it to go down to $20 to buy.

Kevin S.

• Stubble
« Reply #1255 on: May 02, 2019, 03:01:02 PM »

I splurged when i saw it for 40 bucks on xbox live. Totes worth it ! I like it more than bloodbourne or dark souls

It's way more fun IMHO to be able to escape and jump around and (try) to live to a fight another day

Ozstache

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #1256 on: May 02, 2019, 04:08:34 PM »
Just finished The Surge and COD WW2. The Surge was really hard in places and it took three play throughs to get all achievements but it was a very rewarding game. The graphics in COD WW2 were outstanding and the game play on veteran was much easier than on COD MW3 I played last month. I tried multiplayer on COD WW2 after not having done multiplayer for many years and it still doesn't do anything for me. Give me single player with a great story line instead any day!

jojoguy

• Stubble
« Reply #1257 on: May 03, 2019, 06:17:14 PM »

I splurged when i saw it for 40 bucks on xbox live. Totes worth it ! I like it more than bloodbourne or dark souls

It's way more fun IMHO to be able to escape and jump around and (try) to live to a fight another day

I have two drawbacks. 1. You aren`t creating a character of your choice. 2. No leveling.

Yes, I`m still sure that I`ll like(or love) it, but I really love to have at least one of those two things for me to buy right away.

jojoguy

• Stubble
« Reply #1258 on: May 03, 2019, 06:20:59 PM »
Just finished The Surge and COD WW2. The Surge was really hard in places and it took three play throughs to get all achievements but it was a very rewarding game. The graphics in COD WW2 were outstanding and the game play on veteran was much easier than on COD MW3 I played last month. I tried multiplayer on COD WW2 after not having done multiplayer for many years and it still doesn't do anything for me. Give me single player with a great story line instead any day!

COD has great production values. Multiplayer is what I prefer though. Even though I am not very good. I prefer Battlefield multiplayer because you can still have a bad or mediocre kill/death ratio and still be very helpful to your team and squads. I always preferred a medic class with a single fire rifle. I always do terrible in close range battles but medium distance I am okay, and I enjoy reviving downed teammates and supplying med packs.

CptCool

• Stubble
« Reply #1259 on: May 07, 2019, 08:59:07 AM »

COD has great production values. Multiplayer is what I prefer though. Even though I am not very good. I prefer Battlefield multiplayer because you can still have a bad or mediocre kill/death ratio and still be very helpful to your team and squads. I always preferred a medic class with a single fire rifle. I always do terrible in close range battles but medium distance I am okay, and I enjoy reviving downed teammates and supplying med packs.

I'm a medic main as well when i play battlefield. Everyone wants to have a medic (or more than one) in their squad!