Author Topic: Looking for information from Canadian posters about glow in the dark coins  (Read 2040 times)

MsPeacock

• Handlebar Stache
This is way off topic.

My uncle from the Netherlands is coming to visit for 3 days at the time of the eclipse. He is big into eclipses and we will meet up with him in Charleston. I live in Maryland. He has asked me to get, if possible, the Canadian glow in the dark coins that show the northern lights.

I will be in Detroit in a few weeks and can easily pop over to Canada. Is it possible to go to a Canadian bank or large store and get the coins? They do not need to be uncirculated. I just don't know how hard they are to find. I think it is a $2 coin and some are glow in the dark and some aren't.

Thanks!

lostamonkey

• Bristles
You can get coins directly from the Canadian mint website (Google it) delivered to your home in the US. I believe shipping is free too.

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
We have glow in the dark coins???

geekette

• Magnum Stache
Interesting!  It's supposed to be circulated, but you can buy the 5 coin set at the mint.  $20 CAD, and it doesn't start shipping until 8/14, so it may not make it in time.

MsPeacock

• Handlebar Stache
We have glow in the dark coins???

Right?

I was able to find one on Ebay for $6 - which is worth the cost to me of not driving into Canada.

Thank you everyone for the replies.

Dave1442397

• Handlebar Stache
That's pretty neat! I just ordered the CDN$20 set.