Author Topic: Fuck Changing Yourself  (Read 9924 times)

choppingwood

• Pencil Stache
Re: Fuck Changing Yourself
« Reply #50 on: November 18, 2016, 09:04:09 PM »
I think you're right that it'd be better not to think the negative things at all.  That can be hard to do.

Just thinking them is better than saying them to her face, though.  A first step might be keeping the opinions to yourself, and a next step trying to be judgement free altogether.

It's a tough thing you propose, but absolutely the goal, IMO.  :)

It looks like I haven't quite given up on improvements to self ....  :)

Libertea

• Bristles
Re: Fuck Changing Yourself
« Reply #51 on: November 19, 2016, 08:08:05 AM »
I think you're right that it'd be better not to think the negative things at all.  That can be hard to do.

Just thinking them is better than saying them to her face, though.  A first step might be keeping the opinions to yourself, and a next step trying to be judgement free altogether.

It's a tough thing you propose, but absolutely the goal, IMO.  :)

It looks like I haven't quite given up on improvements to self ....  :)
Hahaha, yeah.  That's the problem, huh?  I do subscribe to the notion that if you can't say something nice, then don't say anything at all.  So I choose to say nothing.  That doesn't mean saying nothing is the best possible option, only that it's better than being rude back.  Ultimately, the problem will be solved in six weeks when I leave this toxic work environment altogether.  I would not choose to associate with this woman once we are no longer coworkers; after I leave, I will be free not to think of her at all.  :-)

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!