Author Topic: First World Problems  (Read 4531 times)

SuperMex

• Stubble
First World Problems
« on: January 26, 2017, 03:06:34 AM »
I thought for fun we could participate in what I refer to as first world problems that we see in our daily lives as a reflection.

Examples:

1. My coworker comes to my office to hit the auto heat function on his Mercedes every afternoon about 30 minutes before he gets off work. He always complain about how crappy the remote is because it won't work from his office.

*** I work on a military base providing housing for Soldiers and their families***

2. I had a customer who complained the house we were offering her was too large and she didn't want to have to clean such a big house.

3. I had another customer who kept turning down houses, I called them to my office and asked them what was wrong with the houses. It turns out none of them had a bedroom large enough to fit a custom bed that they had made which held two queen size mattresses.

Just for fun I'll throw in a third world problem:

One of my interpreters in Iraq was complaining that he didn't want to go home on leave. When I asked why he said his wife was bugging him to take a second wife and had set him up with a date. He didn't want another wife but felt pressured into going along to keep the peace with his wife. Turns out his wife said she was tired of doing all the house work by herself and it was about time he took another wife. She took matters into her own hands by telling him there was a women in the village she liked and could get along with and that she had set up a date for him to meet her.

Poundwise

• Handlebar Stache
Re: First World Problems
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2017, 07:25:46 AM »
One of my interpreters in Iraq was complaining that he didn't want to go home on leave. When I asked why he said his wife was bugging him to take a second wife and had set him up with a date. He didn't want another wife but felt pressured into going along to keep the peace with his wife. Turns out his wife said she was tired of doing all the house work by herself and it was about time he took another wife. She took matters into her own hands by telling him there was a women in the village she liked and could get along with and that she had set up a date for him to meet her.

That is just awesome.  My husband has often said he doesn't get polygamy... one women is enough, in fact too much, for him!

Our first world problem is boring. We have too many toys in the house!

Rezdent

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2017, 07:56:11 AM »
Well, to be fair...if he is gone for long periods of time the wife may be not just doing all the work; she might also be lonely.
Depending on the village, a second wife might be the only viable option for companionship for the first wife.  A male roommate is out of the question.  A female roommate wouldn't work either.

My first world problem today:  I can't decide what to wear - should I go with a sweatshirt or flannel?

FIRE me

• Handlebar Stache
  • So much technology, so little talent.
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2017, 02:56:10 PM »
Well, to be fair...if he is gone for long periods of time the wife may be not just doing all the work; she might also be lonely.
Depending on the village, a second wife might be the only viable option for companionship for the first wife.  A male roommate is out of the question.  A female roommate wouldn't work either.

Yeah, but who wants to get nagged in stereo?

FIRE me

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2017, 02:58:06 PM »
Well, since this thread seems to have taken a confessional turn, rather than pointing out the sins of others, here goes:

I have too much wholesome but perishable food in my house (damn you to hell, Costco). Now I have to eat it before it goes bad, and since I am too fat, at the same time try to stay on my weight loss diet. Pity me!

ketchup

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2017, 03:01:22 PM »
One of my favorites: My freezer door won't close easily because I have too much food in it. :(

SuperMex

• Stubble
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2017, 03:28:55 PM »
I get so mad when I can't get an appointment at the dog stylist for three weeks.

I can't have my dog running around without his hair and nails done!

Miss Piggy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2017, 03:37:13 PM »
My first world problem today:  I can't decide what to wear - should I go with a sweatshirt or flannel?

Well, duh. Flannel.

SuperMex

• Stubble
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2017, 03:39:52 PM »
My dog

FIRE me

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2017, 03:42:32 PM »
Nice dog.

Metric Mouse

• Walrus Stache
  • FU @ 22. F.I.R.E before 23
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2017, 09:46:44 PM »

Well, duh. Flannel.

Flannel is always the right answer.

marty998

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2017, 04:09:24 AM »
The skin on my back is stuck to my leather couch.

Roger v Rafa in an Open final and it's still over 30(C) degrees at 10pm.

Ahhh the Australian Summer. Happy days.

SuperMex

• Stubble
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2017, 07:13:07 AM »
It was an awesome match I was rooting for rafa :(

I have the same issue with the leather couch.

My wife yesterday was complaining that her new goose down coat is too warm....

Mezzie

• Pencil Stache
    • Mezzie Learns
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2017, 07:18:17 AM »
The fact that it's taking me forever and a day to declutter is most certainly a first world problem.

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2017, 02:14:18 PM »

Try wearing clothes... ?

:P

Monocle Money Mouth

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2017, 02:33:40 PM »
"Which iPhone is ringing?" is our first world problem. My wife an I have iPhones for our personal phones and she also has an iPhone for work.

Metric Mouse

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2017, 04:26:29 PM »
I had to decide if I wanted to buy a vehicle with navigation and remote start and a system that tells you if there's someone in the lane next to you, or just settle for heated leather seats.

Freedomin5

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2017, 07:04:14 PM »
My two year old daughter was upset today because her chubby finger was too sticky/sweaty to swipe the iPad screen while playing an educational game. She said her finger wasn't working.

Metric Mouse

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2017, 07:10:09 PM »
My two year old daughter was upset today because her chubby finger was too sticky/sweaty to swipe the iPad screen while playing an educational game. She said her finger wasn't working.
That is the cutest thing I've heard all day!

Leisured

• Pencil Stache
  • Retired, and loving it.
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2017, 10:01:25 PM »
+1 Freedomin5. Excellent anecdote

mxt0133

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2017, 11:48:47 PM »
Attended a family event and went to a reception buffet after for dinner.  I was trying to get my 5th serving until my son clung to me and feel asleep.  So I only had one hand free and spoiled my plans for dessert.  Went home and fell into a coma.  Now i'm up at 2am trying to figure out the parental control for my son's new tablet that his grandparents gave to him as a physical B-day gift that they would wrap up on top of the cash they gave to him.

Ironically I just finished watching a 60 Minute segment on the Syrian refugee ban and what people have to go through just to get a chance to live in this country.

marty998

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2017, 12:02:54 AM »

Try wearing clothes... ?

:P

It would have been interesting if the neighbours needed anything and knocked on the door that's for sure. I wasn't wearing much :D

The fact that it's taking me forever and a day to declutter is most certainly a first world problem.

It takes me forever too. Sometimes I think a bigger mess is created in the process.

SuperMex

• Stubble
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2017, 06:27:01 AM »
These are so awesome.

My boss commented this morning that she is buying a bigger fridge to fit more food. She also commented that she wants a side by side because she doesn't want to bend down to get food out.

She is also looking for another book shelf as she ran out of space her collection is 1200 books and growing.

SuperMex

• Stubble
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2017, 06:31:21 AM »
I have a very nice all wood TV cabinet. The problem is it only holds a 60 inch TV, I have really been struggling with staying with my current 60 inch TV or buying a larger TV and then having to get another cabinet.

Adventine

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2017, 06:49:41 AM »

Too funny!

Poundwise

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2017, 07:18:12 AM »
The video for Weird Al's song about this is hilarious.

SuperMex

• Stubble
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2017, 12:58:50 AM »
I never seen that video before really good.

mwulff

• Bristles
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2017, 01:13:20 AM »
We commonly refer to these problems as "white problems" in my country. I kind of like "first world problems" better, it's much more inclusive and less racist...

Common ones I hear from time to time:

- The wine cooler is full, shoot, should have bought bigger one
- Oh no, I have to choose between Milan and Paris...
- I only have 2 weeks of vacation left....

Basically everybody I know have no problems whatsoever, yet they are all stressed and tired... and worry about money...