Author Topic: Does Anyone Regret Voting Republican?  (Read 263591 times)

Just Joe

• Walrus Stache
  • Teach me something.
Re: Does Anyone Regret Voting Republican?
« Reply #1400 on: February 21, 2022, 01:19:32 PM »
Is Joe Biden....senile?

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/02/senile-old-joe-biden-makes-name-lake-yesterdays-speach-no-oswego-lake-new-york/

No respected news outlet has a headline like "senile old Joe Biden".... Get real. Upgrade your information sources.

Just Joe

• Walrus Stache
  • Teach me something.
« Reply #1401 on: February 21, 2022, 01:25:04 PM »
Excellent points CodingHare. I completely agree and for most of the same reasons.

JoePublic3.14

• Bristles
« Reply #1402 on: February 21, 2022, 01:30:59 PM »

I disagree with their primary positions

Good position, good argument.

I can still vividly remember someone asking our civics teacher back in 1984 'who are voting for?' His response was 'I will read up and see who best supports education, and that is who I will vote for'.

About the same but from a pro angle.

OtherJen

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1403 on: February 21, 2022, 02:33:21 PM »
CodingHare, that's a good summary of voting at the partisan level.

I strongly encourage people to read up on candidates for local political office and any local and state proposals on your ballots. These are often nonpartisan and quite probably have a larger effect on your day-to-day lives than the partisan politicians in DC.

For example, your municipal clerk handles all election matters. Electing someone who believes in the "Big Lie" could have a significant negative impact on how elections are handled in your community. Similarly, electing someone with a history of accounting fraud as the city treasurer would be a bad idea.

Regarding ballot proposals, we passed some big statewide ones in Michigan in 2018, and now we have state constitutional amendments to prohibit partisan redistricting (the independent citizens council is finalizing the new maps now) and expand voter access, including all-reason absentee voting (a godsend in 2020).

ncornilsen

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1404 on: February 21, 2022, 03:48:05 PM »
CodingHare, that's a good summary of voting at the partisan level.

I strongly encourage people to read up on candidates for local political office and any local and state proposals on your ballots. These are often nonpartisan and quite probably have a larger effect on your day-to-day lives than the partisan politicians in DC.

For example, your municipal clerk handles all election matters. Electing someone who believes in the "Big Lie" could have a significant negative impact on how elections are handled in your community. Similarly, electing someone with a history of accounting fraud as the city treasurer would be a bad idea.

Regarding ballot proposals, we passed some big statewide ones in Michigan in 2018, and now we have state constitutional amendments to prohibit partisan redistricting (the independent citizens council is finalizing the new maps now) and expand voter access, including all-reason absentee voting (a godsend in 2020).

Indeed. Another example is your district attorney. So much of the chaos we've been seeing in our cities lately is directly attributable to the philosophies of these DAs and prosecutors who're letting crime run rampant.

To the question original posed by this thread - I regret voting for Trump, the first time. I thought he would loose, and I wanted to erode any mandate Clinton felt she might have.  the second time... I was voting against Biden. I wasn't too heartbroke when he won, because I figured he would be a lame duck. It was clear not even the democrats really wanted him... and I assumed republicans would keep the senate, moderating any of his more horrible policies positions long enough for two reasonable candidates to emerge for '24. I also assumed this moderation would damp out the support for Trump making room for a good candidate.

Locally, I stand by my former statement as well. Republicans all the way. the political monoculture in Oregon is a disaster and needs a good brake check.

talltexan

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1405 on: February 22, 2022, 06:27:30 AM »
Thank you for your candor, @ncornilsen , am I correct to infer that you did not vote in the 2016 Presidential primary?

ncornilsen

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1406 on: February 22, 2022, 01:06:39 PM »
I voted for Kasich in the 2016 primary, but oregon holds its primary pretty late, so I think Trump had it locked by then.

Warlord1986

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1407 on: February 23, 2022, 12:12:41 PM »
Huh. I voted for Kasich in 2016 as well. I used to think that made me one of the few people who was happy with my decision back then. He really came through for me in 2020.

The GOP is a festering sore on the body of America. Trump is evidence enough of this. I sincerely believe he will be protected from any consequences of his anti-American, criminal behavior until he meets God Almighty. In the meantime, we have to listen to him praising Putin as 'savvy.'

https://www.npr.org/2022/02/22/1082478790/trump-praises-putin-as-savvy-amid-new-escalations-on-russia-ukraine-border

retiringearly

• Bristles
« Reply #1408 on: February 23, 2022, 01:09:31 PM »
Did this age well?

https://youtu.be/LwSZwS60Bkg

(Sorry, I have no idea how to embed a video here.)

retiringearly

• Bristles
« Reply #1409 on: February 23, 2022, 01:11:38 PM »
Putin (and China) must be shaking in their boots!

https://youtu.be/H6uingtAWbk

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #1410 on: February 23, 2022, 01:28:44 PM »
Did this age well?

https://youtu.be/LwSZwS60Bkg

(Sorry, I have no idea how to embed a video here.)

Every word he said about Putin and Russia influencing the election was shown to be true.

https://www.dni.gov/files/ODNI/documents/assessments/ICA-declass-16MAR21.pdf
Key Judgment 2: We assess that Russian President Putin authorized, and a range of Russian government organizations conducted, influence operations aimed at denigrating President Biden's candidacy and the Democratic Party, supporting former President Trump, undermining public confidence in the electoral process, and exacerbating sociopolitical divisions in the US. Unlike in 2016, we did not see persistent Russian cyber efforts to gain access to election infrastructure. We have high confidence in our assessment; Russian state and proxy actors who all serve the Kremlin's interests worked to affect US public perceptions in a consistent manner. A key element of Moscow's strategy this election cycle was its use of proxies linked to Russian intelligence to push influence narratives— including misleading or unsubstantiated allegations against President Biden — US media organizations, US officials, and prominent US individuals, including some close to former President Trump and his administration.

So yeah, the thrust of his message (concern about Russian based election interference) seems to have aged pretty well.

Given that Hillary Clinton spied on a sitting US President, does anyone regret voting Democrat?

Serious question.  What she did was worse than Watergate.

I am interested to see if anybody is honest enough to admit it.

Given that your claims are baseless and founded in partisan lies pushed by the Republican party to keep their supporters ignorant and angry, do you regret voting Republican?

Interested to hear your take on honesty regarding this matter.
You are saying the special counsel’s court filings are baseless?  Seriously?

No, I didn't say that the special counsel's court filings are baseless.

The claims that you made however ("Hillary Clinton spied on a sitting US President"), are baseless, partisan lies.  If you can provide quotes from the court filings that prove your statement, I'll be happy to withdraw my comment and apologize though.

Still wondering if you'll be honest enough to admit that you were found spreading partisan lies above.