Author Topic: Cat thread :)  (Read 62503 times)

Megma

• Pencil Stache
Re: Cat thread :)
« Reply #100 on: August 27, 2015, 07:08:26 PM »
My sweet Marmalade had to be put to sleep last night. He was only 10 (or so, he was a stray), but had an unidentified neuro problem that numbed and then weakened first his front legs, then his back legs. Our last resort was a (completely unmustachian) trip to the vet school, which would have run thousands, most likely, but he was too weak to last the wait for a neuro consult.  Probably for the best since I'm not sure I could have put him through that.

Anyway, here's my favorite video of him in his better days - Marmalade vs. the snow.

Sorry to hear about your kitty.

I was strictly a dog person until this little fur ball came into our lives. He was a stray found by a friend of a friend but we've had him since he was around 8 months old. We've spent the last 3 years slowly convincing him he's not an indoor cat now, who occasionally goes outside.

Dicey

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #101 on: August 27, 2015, 07:31:03 PM »
My sweet Marmalade had to be put to sleep last night. He was only 10 (or so, he was a stray), but had an unidentified neuro problem that numbed and then weakened first his front legs, then his back legs. Our last resort was a (completely unmustachian) trip to the vet school, which would have run thousands, most likely, but he was too weak to last the wait for a neuro consult.  Probably for the best since I'm not sure I could have put him through that.

Anyway, here's my favorite video of him in his better days - Marmalade vs. the snow.
Oh, that video was so cute. I'm so glad you have this to to remember your sweet kitty by. I'm sorry for your loss.

MissStache

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #102 on: August 28, 2015, 07:03:20 AM »

Oh man, that's the worst.  Sounds like you did the right thing. I always feel sorry for kitties who have to go through lots of awful treatment in their last moments.  Seems so much more human to let them go to sleep and end their pain.  *hugs*

Sibley

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #103 on: August 28, 2015, 08:22:25 AM »
I have two kitties, Sibley and Arwen. (My avatar is Sibley)

Sibby is 16, and is just starting kidney problems. Will find out this weekend if its progressing, hoping not yet at least. She's a sweetie, but due to aging isn't handling things as well so is appearing less friendly to strangers.

Arwen is 7, and thus far is quite healthy. She's a little brat but is very sweet and affectionate to me. All other humans are to be observed with great suspicion.

Lian

• Stubble
« Reply #104 on: August 29, 2015, 07:01:18 PM »
Love posting photos of my pets! My kitties - Penelope (the black kitty) and Arabella, the tabby. Both older shelter cats when I got them a couple of years ago, so it took us all a while to adjust. I can't imagine being without them now.

MMMaybe

• Bristles
« Reply #105 on: August 29, 2015, 07:45:44 PM »
This is Alfred. He is a very cuddly grey Persian. In this picture he is with a kitten we fostered for a while.

Lis

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #106 on: August 31, 2015, 12:41:40 PM »
Aww I'm following. I'll try to remember to post my pic later. I have two monsters, Fuzz who is a giant fluffy white big guy, and Toez who is a brown striped big guy with extra toes (I wasn't very creative with the names!). They're favorite past times include singing at 3am, chasing that red buggy (laser light), and sleeping for 20 hours a day.

A friend of mine of FB purchased home security cameras just to see what her pets (cats and dogs) were up to when she wasn't home. Not mustachian... but horribly tempting.

KittyCat

• Stubble
« Reply #107 on: August 31, 2015, 01:22:16 PM »
Posting to follow!

MissStache

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #108 on: August 31, 2015, 01:23:28 PM »
Aww I'm following. I'll try to remember to post my pic later. I have two monsters, Fuzz who is a giant fluffy white big guy, and Toez who is a brown striped big guy with extra toes (I wasn't very creative with the names!). They're favorite past times include singing at 3am, chasing that red buggy (laser light), and sleeping for 20 hours a day.

A friend of mine of FB purchased home security cameras just to see what her pets (cats and dogs) were up to when she wasn't home. Not mustachian... but horribly tempting.

Hahaha!  BF and I have also talked about adding cameras just so we can see what the cats are doing all day!  My guess is sleeping all day, since that's what they do when we are home on the weekends. 

celticmyst08

• Bristles
« Reply #109 on: August 31, 2015, 04:41:09 PM »

Hahaha!  BF and I have also talked about adding cameras just so we can see what the cats are doing all day!  My guess is sleeping all day, since that's what they do when we are home on the weekends.

My husband and I have totally done this when we're gone on vacation. He wrote a script that has the webcam record video when it senses motion, then the videos upload onto his website and we can look them up from wherever we are. I can confirm that they pretty much didn't do anything except sleep. Although one of them sat in front of the front door and cried a lot at first. :'(

Lis

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #110 on: September 01, 2015, 08:15:56 AM »

My husband and I have totally done this when we're gone on vacation. He wrote a script that has the webcam record video when it senses motion, then the videos upload onto his website and we can look them up from wherever we are. I can confirm that they pretty much didn't do anything except sleep. Although one of them sat in front of the front door and cried a lot at first. :'(

She actually caught some good stuff! She kept the door to another room closed and found out one of her kitties was a smarty pants who figured out how to work the handle. Doggie was not allowed on the couch and was good about it when she was home, but as soon as the door closed, on the couch he went.

Thinkum

• Pencil Stache
  • Life is Good
« Reply #111 on: September 01, 2015, 09:06:31 AM »

I am so sorry to hear about this. I'm happy though that it seems he had a good life with you and you had his best interests in mind. I love cats and we have a furball that brings us so much joy!!

Here is our kitty:
Spoiler: show

Megma

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #112 on: September 07, 2015, 06:22:52 PM »
She's a beauty!

bludreamin

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #113 on: September 07, 2015, 08:35:51 PM »
Here are my three brats...er cats. Left to right: Roxi (aka foxy Roxi, aka Pudge, aka Mama Cat), Sparky (aka Trouble), and Fuzz (aka Fuzzle, aka unFuzz [by my mom]).

Roxi found me just before I bought my house - very friendly cat but nobody claimed her so I brought her to live with me. Turns out she was preggers and had three kittens. Was able to find a home for one of the kittens with a friend (so I still get to visit him) but unable to find a home for another do ended up with three (was hoping for only two).

To help reduce costs I use raise.com to purchase Petco gift cards at a discount (usually 15-20%). Then taking advantage of coupons and any sales (although I rarely notice the grain free go on sale -will check out the blog posted up thread)

Squirrel away

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #114 on: September 08, 2015, 03:13:01 AM »
Beautiful cats everyone.

My cat is sitting next to me while I'm on my laptop, she is purring away to herself.:)

limeandpepper

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #115 on: September 08, 2015, 03:20:20 AM »
Oh my gosh I don't have my own cat but can I join in?

Also, some shameless self-promotion but I do have some pictures of cats that my boyfriend and I befriended in the places we've lived and traveled, in the Facebook and Instagram links in my signature if anyone's interested. My favourite is the one who's in the profile pic and the first cat pic if you scroll all the way down. He's my relative's cat and whenever I visit, if he's not at home I just open the door to the backyard and call his name, and he comes running and greets me in the house within seconds/minutes. I miss him so much after I moved interstate, hopefully get to see him again soon enough.

Squirrel away

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #116 on: September 08, 2015, 03:29:22 AM »
Oh my gosh I don't have my own cat but can I join in?

Also, some shameless self-promotion but I do have some pictures of cats that my boyfriend and I befriended in the places we've lived and traveled, in the Facebook and Instagram links in my signature if anyone's interested. My favourite is the one who's in the profile pic and the first cat pic if you scroll all the way down. He's my relative's cat and whenever I visit, if he's not at home I just open the door to the backyard and call his name, and he comes running and greets me in the house within seconds/minutes. I miss him so much after I moved interstate, hopefully get to see him again soon enough.

Very cute cats.:)

limeandpepper

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #117 on: September 08, 2015, 08:09:30 AM »
Thanks Londoner38. I just went back to the first page and I see you say you have 6 cats. That's impressive! :)

Squirrel away

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #118 on: September 08, 2015, 08:31:33 AM »
Thanks Londoner38. I just went back to the first page and I see you say you have 6 cats. That's impressive! :)

:( One of them has passed away since I posted so now I have 5.

limeandpepper

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #119 on: September 08, 2015, 10:01:01 AM »
:( I'm sorry to hear that. *hugs*

sheepstache

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #120 on: September 08, 2015, 10:33:45 AM »
Here are my three brats...er cats. Left to right: Roxi (aka foxy Roxi, aka Pudge, aka Mama Cat), Sparky (aka Trouble), and Fuzz (aka Fuzzle, aka unFuzz [by my mom]).

Roxi found me just before I bought my house - very friendly cat but nobody claimed her so I brought her to live with me. Turns out she was preggers and had three kittens. Was able to find a home for one of the kittens with a friend (so I still get to visit him) but unable to find a home for another do ended up with three (was hoping for only two).

To help reduce costs I use raise.com to purchase Petco gift cards at a discount (usually 15-20%). Then taking advantage of coupons and any sales (although I rarely notice the grain free go on sale -will check out the blog posted up thread)

Ohmahgahd the big fat orange one!! Reminds me of one I grew up with.

abbot31

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #121 on: September 18, 2015, 02:18:46 AM »
Don't have any cat. Will have it soon then for sure post the picture.

Lis

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #122 on: September 22, 2015, 01:19:57 PM »
Just wanted to share a funny story from this morning. I bought a new bag of World's Best Litter for them to try. I also received a humongous litter box with a top (brand new!) from a neighbor, perfect because my monsters are too big for the standard large litter box. So I moved their (used) litter to a different part of the apartment, set the new one up (top off) in the regular spot, and poured the new litter into it.

I'm used to gray litter, so this being a peachy color kinda threw me off, but who cares about the color of litter as long as it works! Both my cats were watching me curiously. When I was done, I picked one of them up (the one who is... peculiar about the litter he likes) and plopped him down in the litter. He leaned down, started sniffing it... then took a bite. He promptly spit it out and glared at me as if saying "Mom, this is the most disgusting cereal you've ever bought me." Then he walked to his old litter and decided to use it right then there. I swear the other one was laughing.

Pains in the asses, both of them.

Thinkum

• Pencil Stache
  • Life is Good
« Reply #123 on: September 22, 2015, 04:58:41 PM »
@Lis, that was hilarious, thanks for the laugh! Cats are the best entertainers!

Dicey

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #124 on: September 22, 2015, 08:16:12 PM »
@Lis, that was hilarious, thanks for the laugh! Cats are the best entertainers!
+2

Squirrel away

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #125 on: September 23, 2015, 03:01:30 AM »

I'm used to gray litter, so this being a peachy color kinda threw me off, but who cares about the color of litter as long as it works! Both my cats were watching me curiously. When I was done, I picked one of them up (the one who is... peculiar about the litter he likes) and plopped him down in the litter. He leaned down, started sniffing it... then took a bite. He promptly spit it out and glared at me as if saying "Mom, this is the most disgusting cereal you've ever bought me." Then he walked to his old litter and decided to use it right then there. I swear the other one was laughing.

It's funny when a cat makes that face. Lol.

I can see one of my cats from across the room and I can tell he or she will be about to attack one of other cats from their facial expression.

zinethstache

• Pencil Stache
  • FIREd 1/27/2017
    • My FIRE Hobby and travel blog
« Reply #126 on: September 25, 2015, 01:08:55 PM »
We have an MC who is 2 years old this year. He is a fine friend. Really mellow and loving. DH taught him to talk so the two of them have quite the lengthy conversations. He is really good at accommodating our personalities and is pretty quiet around me unless he is hungry. I work part of my day at home on a laptop and he will sit on it if I turn away or walk away. He knows exactly how to say "I want attention NOW!"

We have leash trained him and take him on our travels. Attached are pics of him on his crate (where he hangs out while we are on the road) and sleeping in the trailer.

From when he was little I taught him to sit, up (like a meerkat) and shake. We don't practice them much but he still does them if there's a treat involved. If I insist that he sits and he doesn't want to he will make a very annoyed meow, scrunch the hairs on his back and reluctantly sit down. Its very amusing.

Loved seeing all the pics, and will follow to keep current on all the furry friend activity.

Liz

• Stubble
« Reply #127 on: September 26, 2015, 09:26:24 PM »
We have an MC who is 2 years old this year. He is a fine friend. Really mellow and loving. DH taught him to talk so the two of them have quite the lengthy conversations. He is really good at accommodating our personalities and is pretty quiet around me unless he is hungry. I work part of my day at home on a laptop and he will sit on it if I turn away or walk away. He knows exactly how to say "I want attention NOW!"

He is beautiful ... so much personality in his face!

Sibley

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #128 on: October 04, 2015, 07:39:16 PM »
My two kitties! The white one is Sibley, 16 years old, the black is Arwen, 7 years old. Sibley is my sweetie and Arwen is my little brat.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Squirrel away

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #129 on: October 05, 2015, 02:36:09 AM »
All are gorgeous! :)

We have a neighbour's cat who is always trying to come in when his family are out at work.:P

Tomacco

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #130 on: October 05, 2015, 07:09:56 AM »
This is my bff Vladimir. He eats an all raw diet (I eat the cheez-its)

Lian

• Stubble
« Reply #131 on: October 05, 2015, 07:26:07 AM »
That adorable face! The cutie paws! Cats can have so much fun with the simplest things - Cheezit boxes, whatever. Mine is leaping around chasing a scrunchie (pony tail tie).

MMMaybe

• Bristles
« Reply #132 on: February 08, 2016, 06:07:34 AM »
Time to revive this thread :)

Thinkum

• Pencil Stache
  • Life is Good
« Reply #133 on: February 08, 2016, 08:34:25 AM »
Grumpy face!! Great looking cat, very expressive face for sure.

Squirrel away

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #134 on: February 09, 2016, 01:49:58 AM »
Beautiful!

MandalayVA

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #135 on: February 09, 2016, 03:43:50 AM »
Here is our Poe!  He doesn't normally hang out in the sink.  Also, he's named for Edgar Allan Poe, not the dude in the new "Star Wars" movie.  :D

Squirrel away

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #136 on: February 09, 2016, 03:57:25 AM »
Lovely cat. I thought of EAP and then Cameron Poe, the character from the film Con Air.:D

MandalayVA

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #137 on: February 09, 2016, 04:07:42 AM »
Lovely cat. I thought of EAP and then Cameron Poe, the character from the film Con Air.:D

I forgot about him! 

MMMaybe

• Bristles
« Reply #138 on: February 09, 2016, 05:13:47 AM »
Why do cats love lying in sinks so much?!! Cute pic :)

Lis

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #139 on: February 09, 2016, 07:09:48 AM »
Why do cats love lying in sinks so much?!! Cute pic :)

A lot of cats like cool, hard surfaces - my big guy will choose the bathtub or the kitchen tile floor over his cat bed almost any day (my lap is top choice, though :) ). Sinks are also tall, and cats like height, and it's sunken, so they can be hidden.

Some cats are also just plain weird :)

Samsam

• Bristles
« Reply #140 on: February 09, 2016, 07:16:15 AM »
Yay, the cat thread is still going! Posting another picture.

My two boys in the last year have both had pee problems.  One had to have the PU surgery and the other just gets bladder infections.  I've had to put them both on the expensive stuff now after trying several different brands. All wet food for them from now on - they do like that.

FrugalZony

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #141 on: February 09, 2016, 09:11:01 PM »
My kitties enjoy their new wide screen "cat TV".

LeRainDrop

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #142 on: February 09, 2016, 09:44:29 PM »
Fun!  Meet my two cats, Max (lighter fur, turquoise eyes) and Pepper (darker fur, bright blue eyes).  Both are 7 years old, but not biological siblings.  They are super loving, very smart, and best friends.  Max and Pepper are not frugal.  They turned on my kitchen sink when I was out of town, moved the faucet head to be over the counter instead of over the sink, and flooded most of my home.  But then they pointed out that the damage was covered by my homeowners' policy, so all was forgiven :-)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 09:50:35 PM by LeRainDrop »

Frankies Girl

• Magnum Stache
  • Ghouls Just Wanna Have Funds!
« Reply #143 on: February 09, 2016, 10:15:57 PM »
I am down to one cat right now, but probably will end up adopting a giant shmoo cat that comes to our back porch for petting and food.

Here's our spoiled princess in her winter gear.

« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 10:19:59 PM by Frankies Girl »

FrugalKube

• Stubble
    • The Gamer's Lounge
« Reply #144 on: February 09, 2016, 11:49:35 PM »
I'll see if I can dig up a good pic of my cat

MandalayVA

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #145 on: February 10, 2016, 07:40:38 AM »
As the kids say, MOAR CATZ MOAR

aetherie

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #146 on: February 10, 2016, 08:00:48 AM »
Speaking of cats in sinks, here's Nate, our foster boy:

MandyM

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #147 on: February 10, 2016, 08:46:26 AM »
This is two of my three permanent residents, Cooper (orange) and Virgil (white). They are awesome cats. Cooper can be a little devil and Virgil can be a bit overbearing with his affection, but they are so great about foster cats. I honestly think they get bored if I don't have "new blood" coming in.

SunshineAZ

• Stubble
« Reply #148 on: February 10, 2016, 06:12:06 PM »
I have to share my kitties too:  Sammy laying in the sink, Ms. Kitty being nosey and Teddy just hanging out. 

Uhh yeah, he is that big, he is a 17lb Ragdoll.

dramaman

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #149 on: February 11, 2016, 07:25:05 AM »
We have two cats and love em.

Just gotta say that cats are great for a mustachian lifestyle. Low maintenance and very cheap* to replace.  ;)

*Except for the cost of the emotional attachment. :(