Author Topic: Can someone help me with a Twitter question?  (Read 1303 times)

booyah

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Can someone help me with a Twitter question?
« on: October 22, 2018, 05:55:05 PM »
Several years ago I opened a Twitter account handle with my real name. Think @realname. I linked to Amex and Hilton to get some point type promos and they responded to me with @realname   
That was in 2011-2014 and then I didn’t use it again until this year. I changed my handle to something anonymous and have been tweeting and retweeting all the political things that I need to get out of my system but can’t because of my ultra conservative job and family. But I don’t want anyone to find me via my real name anymore. Is there a way to delete these old responses from businesses that have my @realname?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

caffeine

• Stubble
Re: Can someone help me with a Twitter question?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2018, 09:14:41 AM »
You won't be able to remove them off internet archive sites, but there are tools that help mass delete your posts.

For instance, here's https://tweetdelete.net/  - I can't vouch for it, but this and other tools are worth investigating.

I believe you could also change your name and @realname to further distance yourself.

booyah

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2018, 07:49:00 PM »
You won't be able to remove them off internet archive sites, but there are tools that help mass delete your posts.

For instance, here's https://tweetdelete.net/  - I can't vouch for it, but this and other tools are worth investigating.

I believe you could also change your name and @realname to further distance yourself.
Thank you! I appreciate the help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Blueberries

• Stubble
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2018, 11:43:31 AM »
If you don't want any chance of an issue, delete the Twitter account and then sign up with a brand new e-mail address.