Author Topic: BADASSITY FILMS  (Read 17648 times)

DrJohn

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: BADASSITY FILMS
« Reply #50 on: August 16, 2014, 10:41:39 AM »
Cautionary tale- "Wolf of Wall Street"  for some reason I'm on the call list of a pump and dump firm- I always ask the telemarketer if they are calling from Wolf Incorporated of Wall Street- sometimes they figure it out, sometimes not.  Oh well.

For all those Brits of a certain age what about the BBC series "The Good Life" from 1975?.  Felicity Kendal (thinking man's crumpet?) and Richard Briers

popsy13

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #51 on: October 01, 2014, 02:25:47 AM »
Fight Club
The Shawshank Redemption
12 Angry Men
Inception

MoneyCat

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #52 on: October 05, 2014, 04:52:03 PM »
Cautionary tale- "Wolf of Wall Street"  for some reason I'm on the call list of a pump and dump firm- I always ask the telemarketer if they are calling from Wolf Incorporated of Wall Street- sometimes they figure it out, sometimes not.  Oh well.

For all those Brits of a certain age what about the BBC series "The Good Life" from 1975?.  Felicity Kendal (thinking man's crumpet?) and Richard Briers

I watched "The Good Life" on PBS in the USA when I was a child (although it was renamed "Good Neighbors").  I used to think that show was hilarious.  Now it gives me all kinds of great ideas. :-)

tracylayton

« Reply #53 on: October 05, 2014, 07:54:12 PM »
"The Gods Must Be Crazy" is one of my favorites. A peaceful tribe is thrown into chaos when an airplane pilot throws a Coke bottle out of the plane, and suddenly everyone covets the Coke bottle and is arguing over it.

FiveSigmas

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #54 on: October 05, 2014, 08:33:46 PM »
Quicksilver (just saw it last night). It's an absolutely ridiculous movie that makes no sense whatsoever, but it does have a certain Mustachian flare: all the protagonists ride bikes, and the baddie runs people over in his car.

There's also a really cool scene of a guy doing tricks on his bike.

Lindy

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
    • Frugal Turtle
« Reply #55 on: October 10, 2014, 07:00:01 PM »
Fight Club would be my number one pick (and it has nothing to do with Brad Pitt...really, nothing :-)!). Most of the other ones mentioned here too. Probably a couple of comedies: Office Space and Joe Vs. The Volcano (The film is about a man who, after being told he is dying of a rare disease, quits his soul sucking job and accepts a financial offer to travel to a tropical island and throw himself, passionately, into a volcano. Along the way he meets and falls in love with a woman who shows him how to truly live). Another Brad Pitt movie where he is a climber who ends up living in Tibet for decades (can't remember the name  - Seven Years in Tibet I think - but based on a true story).

+1 for Office Space!  I love that movie!

domustachesgrowinhouston

• Stubble
« Reply #56 on: October 11, 2014, 06:00:53 AM »
The Matrix

HappyRock

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #57 on: October 11, 2014, 09:49:00 AM »
These are some I can remember now that are great :

Shawshank Redemption
The Green Mile
Captain Phillips
Moneyball
Edge of Tomorrow
The Pink Panther (1970's version)
A Shot in the Dark
Dances with Wolves
Gladiator

FiveSigmas

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #58 on: October 11, 2014, 11:33:53 PM »
Just watched Into the Wild. Wow, that was a great movie.

Thanks all for the recommendation.