Author Topic: "I'm not contagious" or "It's just allergies" - Seriously, WTF?  (Read 8686 times)

Miss Piggy

• Handlebar Stache
Re: "I'm not contagious" or "It's just allergies" - Seriously, WTF?
« Reply #50 on: January 03, 2018, 03:50:32 PM »
I also think that if you expect that everyone in the universe can stay home every time they have a cold, you live a very, very privileged existence.

I don't expect everyone in the universe to stay home every time they have a cold. But fucking own it, acknowledge the fact that it's contagious, and do your best to not spread it to the people around you. I honestly don't think that's too much to ask from a grown adult. 

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #51 on: January 03, 2018, 04:58:57 PM »
If a company is forcing me to work sick, there's a small part of me that wants to get as many coworkers as possible sick.  It's something that will impact the bottom line for the company and is really the only option available to me to protest.  :P

Dollar Slice

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #52 on: January 03, 2018, 05:15:12 PM »
I also think that if you expect that everyone in the universe can stay home every time they have a cold, you live a very, very privileged existence.

I don't expect everyone in the universe to stay home every time they have a cold. But fucking own it, acknowledge the fact that it's contagious, and do your best to not spread it to the people around you. I honestly don't think that's too much to ask from a grown adult.

I suspect the MMMers are mostly scientifically-minded people who understand at least the basics of hygiene and contagion. But there really, truly are people in many office environments who are clueless and thoughtless. I remember one time I had printed something on the office printer, and my obviously contagiously sick boss came over as they were printing, grabbed all the pages on the printer (some were hers, some were mine), licked her finger several times as she leafed through the papers to see what they all were, coughed on them, then came into my office and put them on my desk, coughing some more (without, of course, covering her mouth). I think it is a fair pet peeve to have when people are acting like that.

A Definite Beta Guy

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #53 on: January 04, 2018, 03:34:37 PM »
Alright, I take it back, pretty sure my Wife got me sick now...either that or my allergies are entirely out of control (also possible).

I can't even tell! Though I'm going to be washing down everything I use and touch in the immediate future, so I don't get anyone else sick.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!