Author Topic: This Google Employee has his Mustache on LOCK!  (Read 9165 times)

Mr. Green

• Magnum Stache

AlanStache

• Magnum Stache
Re: This Google Employee has his Mustache on LOCK!
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2015, 02:03:38 PM »
I thought that was actually somewhat common there, even unofficially encouraged with RV's.  Not sure I could go all the way to a moving truck but good for him.

elaine amj

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2015, 07:33:33 AM »
Interesting. i wonder why he opted for a moving truck instead of a small RV, a campervan or even a small teardrop trailer? I can't imagine the price is a whole lot different.

realityinabox

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2015, 10:47:45 AM »

clarkfan1979

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2015, 10:51:50 AM »
Interesting. i wonder why he opted for a moving truck instead of a small RV, a campervan or even a small teardrop trailer? I can't imagine the price is a whole lot different.

I agree. Why not buy an RV? I am considering buying a 22 foot motor home for 8K from my uncle. He is a diesel mechanic and rebuild the engine. It's probably worth more than 8K, but he likes to sell his toys to someone he knows.

solon

• Handlebar Stache

The_Dude

• Stubble
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2015, 01:52:48 PM »
Yeah I enjoyed reading this article on Business Insider too.  Really curious how Google views this sort of thing.  Sounds awesome.

AH013

• Bristles
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2015, 03:11:58 PM »

I'd imagine stealth.

You see an RV parked in the parking lot, you KNOW someone is probably living there, especially if you see it parked there night after night.

You see a box truck parked in the parking lot at night, you probably just assume some contractor is doing some work in the building at night.  Plain white box truck blends in just about everywhere and nobody will really remember it -- even if someone sees it night after night they may not even make the connection that it is the same truck (if it moves around a bit).

From that perspective, a box truck affords a lot more protection from intrusion from police/security/others assuming you are squatting.  Face any issues -- move your box truck, and like a ninja you're invisible to the world again.

PaulMaxime

• Bristles
  • Absolute power doesn't corrupt, it reveals.
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2015, 11:42:50 PM »
I'm a former Googler and my good friend lived in the parking lot behind the LA office for a few months in his VW Westy.

Not for me, but he would go surfing every day before work and Google has 3 meals a day, so definitely doable

11ducks

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2015, 03:05:28 AM »
Stealth is right.

I think it's cool, but likely, after the publicity, he will probably have to find somewhere new to live. If Google allows/turns a blind eye to someone squatting on work premises in the parking lot, could encourage others to do so, raise insurance/safety issues etc. He really should've kept it on the down low until he was ready to move on.

solon

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2015, 05:46:20 AM »
Here's his blog post about all the attention he got yesterday. Poor guy.

Basically, he's not a pedophile, he's not doing drugs, he's not peeing in the woods, and he's maxing his 401k.

http://frominsidethebox.com/view?key=5655608640405504
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 06:09:32 AM by solon »

AZDude

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2015, 09:40:15 AM »
He should have put some ads on his blog to make some money during his 15 minutes. Other than that, his blog just makes me nostalgic for a time when I was young and had no responsibility. I can only imagine the look on my wife's face if I told her I wanted to move to San Francisco and live in a moving truck.

elaine amj

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2015, 10:16:25 AM »

Basically, he's not a pedophile, he's not doing drugs, he's not peeing in the woods, and he's maxing his 401k.

I like his quirky sense of humor and his very real and grounded view of what he is doing.

AlanStache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2015, 11:51:39 AM »

I like his quirky sense of humor and his very real and grounded view of what he is doing.

yeah sounds like a good guy, might have to read his other posts.

But really how does he not have a bucket?  I hate having to stagger down the hall at 3am never mind across a parking lot and into an office building.  Maybe this will be answered in other posts. 

solon

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2015, 01:09:33 PM »

But really how does he not have a bucket?  I hate having to stagger down the hall at 3am never mind across a parking lot and into an office building.  Maybe this will be answered in other posts.

He's 22, or so. He's still in that stage of life where he can make it through the night without peeing.

Gone Fishing

• Magnum Stache
  • So Close went fishing on April 1, 2016
    • Journal
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2015, 01:15:28 PM »

He's 22, or so. He's still in that stage of life where he can make it through the night without peeing.

I guarantee he's watered a bush or two in that parking lot!

AlanStache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2015, 01:21:28 PM »

I guarantee he's watered a bush or two in that parking lot!

Being a cardio geek most of my life there has rarely been a stage where I was not downing lots of water each day, agree he has watered some bushes.  Reading his blog from the start, seems he is fairly serious lifter (5/3/1 program + daily attendance).

Kriegsspiel

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2015, 06:17:47 PM »
Probably just using a bottle. I mean, who among us HASN'T just peed in a bottle instead of walking all the way to the bathroom?

Daisy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2015, 08:41:27 PM »
How about adult diapers?

That'd be easier for women than the bottle technique.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 08:51:02 PM by Daisy »

AlanStache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2015, 05:11:12 AM »
How about adult diapers?

That'd be easier for women than the bottle technique.

But then you have a diaper disposal problem. 

If you are female this http://go-girl.com/ and a Gatorade bottle still might be best.

Kriegsspiel

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2015, 04:42:17 PM »
If I learned anything in my multitude of piss tests*, it's that men pee in bottles, women pee in jars.

* Something I never thought I'd say.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!