Author Topic: Comments section is great: "Why do immigrants save so much more money than you?"  (Read 4682 times)

jengod

• Handlebar Stache
https://www.iwillteachyoutoberich.com/blog/why-do-immigrants-save-so-much-more-money-than-you-do/
Comments section is great: "Why do immigrants save so much more money than you?"

RWD

• Walrus Stache
If you can’t understand those words, please go find an immigrant and ask him to translate for you.
Wow, what a pompous ass...

StockBeard

• Pencil Stache
If you can’t understand those words, please go find an immigrant and ask him to translate for you.
Wow, what a pompous ass...
You're just angry because you didn't understand the words! (j/k :) )

Dicey

• Senior Mustachian
This guy's been around about as long as Pete, but his schtick never resonated with me. Yawn. Next.

marty998

• Walrus Stache

This guy's been around about as long as Pete, but his schtick never resonated with me. Yawn. Next.

Needs more killer bees and volcanoes.

Maenad

• Pencil Stache
I haven't gotten all the way through the comments yet, but I wonder how much of this phenomenon is due to immigrants not being as susceptible to "cultural programming" as native-born people? In the US example, if one isn't subjected to constant messages encouraging spending from birth, maybe it's easier to resist them? Especially if the messages one received were more savings-oriented.

BTDretire

• Magnum Stache
I haven't gotten all the way through the comments yet, but I wonder how much of this phenomenon is due to immigrants not being as susceptible to "cultural programming" as native-born people? In the US example, if one isn't subjected to constant messages encouraging spending from birth, maybe it's easier to resist them? Especially if the messages one received were more savings-oriented.

At 26 I married an immigrant and had no savings. On our first anniversary we had $6,000, we only earned $18,000 during that time. I was all in on the savings thing at that point. Actually, I figured it out at the 3 month point.
 My immigrant :-) has a great ability to delay gratification. Also, many things we think we need, we don't.

kpetar

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
  • Blogger at Dollar Sanity
    • Dollar Sanity
Immigrants are highly overrepresented in either very low-skilled manual and labor-intensive jobs or very high-skilled science and engineering occupations. No one sees the first low-skilled immigrant but we all see the other ones.

Gone Fishing

• Magnum Stache
  • So Close went fishing on April 1, 2016
    • Journal
This article could be so much better!