Author Topic: Advert for staying home - the school of life  (Read 3079 times)

Freida

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
    • Slow Travel NYC
Advert for staying home - the school of life
« on: April 05, 2015, 09:50:53 AM »
Funny, accurate, links to lots more short videos.

http://youtu.be/BMnPpuEbwbA

bacchi

• Walrus Stache
Re: Advert for staying home - the school of life
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2015, 10:47:38 AM »
Yeah, stay-cations are way underrated, especially when we're just trying to escape work. Dragging yourself to the office is simply traded for the stress of travel and "having fun" when you'd rather be relaxing. I know I've taken a full week of sleeping to gain a semblance of myself back.

With some self-reflection (and FI) it's wonderful to completely immerse oneself in travel, of course.

Sibley

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2015, 10:40:07 AM »
My favorite vacation? At home, on the couch, watching a good movie/tv show/whatever I want, with both my cats curled up sound asleep on or next to me. Nap time whenever I feel like it.

zolotiyeruki

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2015, 12:30:05 PM »
While I enjoy a vacation as much as anyone, I also really appreciate unscheduled time at home.  My brother and his wife watched our kids for a few days so we could just blitz the house and get projects done.  It was awesome--it felt like having several unscheduled Saturdays in a row!

Merrie

• Bristles
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2015, 08:54:31 AM »
With two small children, traveling is even more stressful than when it's only adults. I look forward to my vacation later this month as a few days off work to get projects done, take the kids to the zoo/park/museum, and spend some time with my spouse.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!