Author Topic: Summer rental in Colorado  (Read 1930 times)

expatmustachian

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Summer rental in Colorado
« on: March 02, 2015, 05:49:57 AM »
Hello all,

My wife and I are international teachers who come back to the states every summer for R&R. As we we spend less than two months a year in the States, we do not own a home. This year we would like to spend the month of July in Colorado, but find the homes on airbnb, VRBO, etc. cost prohibitive for a mustachian. Any advice or connects?

Cheers,

jordanread

Re: Summer rental in Colorado
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2015, 12:29:55 PM »
Um, I'd be willing to chat about it, but the fact that your only posts are about finding a place to stay concerns me a bit. Who are you? What's your story? And the like?

expatmustachian

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Summer rental in Colorado
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2015, 12:28:54 AM »
Fair enough Jordan. Well, my story is that I have been working in education overseas for ten years, I have two children and a lovely wife. I found MMM about a year ago and really identify with the philosophy. As a frugal person by nature, I have always enjoyed saving money and really look forward to retiring early and comfortably. My family comes back to the States each summer to visit relatives and it is quite an expensive undertaking. While I do not have the annual payments of a mortgage and car payments, I do incur these costs for seven weeks out of the year.

As you can imagine, renting a house and car for two months - plus all the other expenditures of being "on vacation" - can be quite expensive. The reason I reached out to the MMM forum is that it seems that the majority of the folks on here could appreciate not wanting to spend $3,000 a month for a "vacation rental".

I am not sure if anything will come from it, but this community seems like one that has an understanding of life that few of my peers appreciate. I guess I feel a camaraderie because of this. So worst case scenario, perhaps this will now allow me to participate more in the MMM Forum.

Thanks,