Author Topic: Selling a Dog Daycare/Grooming/Boarding business in Washington State  (Read 2954 times)

mmmfan500

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Hey Mustachians,

My wife and I are ready to move on to other things. She to vet school, me following her :)

We are selling our dog business in Longview, Washington. It's a fun and simple business to run. The overhead is low (~$4,000 per month for a 6,500 sq ft facility). We've got a solid customer base, a cult following in town on our social media accounts, 5 star reviews on Yelp, Google, FB, I could go on. This business is ready to go. We have three fabulous employees and have established checklists and systems so that anyone could step in and run this without prior experience.

Asking $65,000 for the business including the reviews, equipment, kennels, computer, furniture, website, etc. Happy to give you more info and discuss financials in private chat.

seattlecyclone

• Walrus Stache
    • My blog
Re: Selling a Dog Daycare/Grooming/Boarding business in Washington State
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2021, 08:40:15 PM »
I seem to remember @FIFoFum having a large interest in dogs.

racquetcat

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2021, 09:46:47 AM »
Hey Mustachians,

My wife and I are ready to move on to other things. She to vet school, me following her :)

We are selling our dog business in Longview, Washington. It's a fun and simple business to run. The overhead is low (~$4,000 per month for a 6,500 sq ft facility). We've got a solid customer base, a cult following in town on our social media accounts, 5 star reviews on Yelp, Google, FB, I could go on. This business is ready to go. We have three fabulous employees and have established checklists and systems so that anyone could step in and run this without prior experience.

Asking $65,000 for the business including the reviews, equipment, kennels, computer, furniture, website, etc. Happy to give you more info and discuss financials in private chat.

@mmmfan500
I'm not sure if you've found a buyer yet, but a few things to consider:
-have you considered reaching out to a doggy daycare chain that's looking to expand? I know there are a few that have started up in the past few years and I used to work for one in an office function, but at last check they only had locations in Kansas and Missouri and I have no idea if they'd want to jump to the west coast.

-you might find a local buyer by finding an entrepreneur that is looking to diversify their investments, maybe the landlord would be interested?

Just a couple of thoughts to consider.

FIFoFum

• Handlebar Stache
    • Captain's Log - Mission to Puppy Waystation on Puppy Island
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2021, 12:23:06 PM »
I seem to remember @FIFoFum having a large interest in dogs.

I do! I work as a professional trainer.

If and when I do lease a facility, it would be for training, behavior, and dog sport stuff. Plus - it would be near the part of WA where I live. :)

But a good client list, established reputation, and good employees in a functioning day care/grooming/boarding is a good business.

Good luck to OP with sale!

mmmfan500

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2021, 12:03:00 PM »
@mmmfan500
I'm not sure if you've found a buyer yet, but a few things to consider:
-have you considered reaching out to a doggy daycare chain that's looking to expand? I know there are a few that have started up in the past few years and I used to work for one in an office function, but at last check they only had locations in Kansas and Missouri and I have no idea if they'd want to jump to the west coast.

-you might find a local buyer by finding an entrepreneur that is looking to diversify their investments, maybe the landlord would be interested?

Just a couple of thoughts to consider.
[/quote]

Thank you for those ideas! The daycare chain is a great idea, I will look into that.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!