Author Topic: Republic Phone Needed!  (Read 4422 times)

lbess

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Republic Phone Needed!
« on: December 20, 2015, 06:04:10 AM »
Hi everyone! My husband dropped his phone yesterday and it is beyond repair. We are looking for a new republic phone at a reasonable price. Any model will do. Does anyone have a phone for sale?

Daley

• Magnum Stache
  • Still kickin', I guess.
Re: Republic Phone Needed!
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2015, 07:28:45 AM »
Why not just take advantage of the situation and switch to a better and more reliable carrier that doesn't require a proprietary handset instead of scrounging around the forums panic stricken? It's not like Republic's prices are unique or special in the MVNO industry.

Try starting here.

lbess

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2015, 07:53:51 AM »
We have been on Republic for a while now and really love it. We are not interested in switching carriers- just a new phone. If anyone has one for sale, please let us know :)

Daley

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2015, 08:28:01 AM »
We have been on Republic for a while now and really love it.

I just have to ask this one question: What is it about Republic Wireless exactly that makes you forgive and overlook all the day to day shortcomings of the service that it and no other mobile carrier has?

lbess

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2015, 10:19:43 AM »
Respectfully, the purpose of this post is not to debate wireless carriers- I am sure there are other posts on this forum dedicated to that. Like I said earlier, Republic works well for us.  Just looking for a spare phone for sale.

dang1

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2015, 10:33:30 AM »
I'm not on Republic. I see Moto X's for Republic for sale on eBay. I have a 2013 , bought used off eBay about a year ago that's still going strong. I would definately recommend the Moto X

kudy

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2015, 10:36:41 AM »
I've successfully purchase a few devices from Swappa - you could check out what's available there:
https://swappa.com/devices/republic-wireless

Daley

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2015, 11:45:09 AM »
Respectfully, the purpose of this post is not to debate wireless carriers

And respectfully, the purpose of these forums are to help people make sound and reasonable financial choices to attain financial freedom based on fact, not emotion.

Right now based on your post history, it appears that you've spent no less than $27/month over the past six months for your husband's "cheap" mobile plan when factoring hardware costs (possibly quite a bit more if he's using data), and you're about to pump another $50-100 into the hardware end just to buy another handset from a line of phones that aren't generally regarded as some of the more robust of the Android phones on the market, because you're using a carrier that gives you no other hardware option.

So yes, I think it's a reasonable question to ask why you specifically are staying with a phone service that's costing you more than you should be spending on mobile service in general just to stay with, especially when the overall quality is inferior to other options at or below these same aggregate price points (depending on usage patterns) that you've already spent?

If you can't legitimately answer this question in public or even privately, then perhaps you need to examine why you're so biased towards a single carrier and consider other options that are far better suited to you and your husband's needs before spending even more money buying yet another handset that can only be used with that one provider.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 11:47:06 AM by I.P. Daley »

lbess

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2015, 02:26:24 PM »
I'm not on Republic. I see Moto X's for Republic for sale on eBay. I have a 2013 , bought used off eBay about a year ago that's still going strong. I would definately recommend the Moto X

Thank you!

lbess

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2015, 02:37:12 PM »

And respectfully, the purpose of these forums are to help people make sound and reasonable financial choices to attain financial freedom based on fact, not emotion.

Right now based on your post history, it appears that you've spent no less than $27/month over the past six months for your husband's "cheap" mobile plan when factoring hardware costs (possibly quite a bit more if he's using data), and you're about to pump another $50-100 into the hardware end just to buy another handset from a line of phones that aren't generally regarded as some of the more robust of the Android phones on the market, because you're using a carrier that gives you no other hardware option.

So yes, I think it's a reasonable question to ask why you specifically are staying with a phone service that's costing you more than you should be spending on mobile service in general just to stay with, especially when the overall quality is inferior to other options at or below these same aggregate price points (depending on usage patterns) that you've already spent?

If you can't legitimately answer this question in public or even privately, then perhaps you need to examine why you're so biased towards a single carrier and consider other options that are far better suited to you and your husband's needs before spending even more money buying yet another handset that can only be used with that one provider.

I'm looking for a used phone- not a debate. If you don't have a phone to sell me I would appreciate it if you would stop posting on this thread.

Daley

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2015, 03:24:40 PM »
I'm looking for a used phone- not a debate. If you don't have a phone to sell me I would appreciate it if you would stop posting on this thread.

I wasn't looking for a debate either, I was simply trying to open up the opportunity and ability for you to buy any phone you wanted and still get a bargain on mobile phone service.

Since you'd clearly rather still be fed instead of learning how to fish right now, I won't darken your poor little doorstep anymore. However, when the novelty finally wears off, and it will, you'll know where to find me.

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2016, 12:45:09 PM »
I  have a RW Moto G I'd sell you if you are still looking for one.

stashja

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2016, 06:53:12 AM »
I have a Moto G too. It needs a new battery. $50. Want it?

coolistdude

• Stubble
    • Retirement Tree (Same One I Use):
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2016, 12:54:33 PM »

+1 service quality differs per area as tower locations and contracts are not consistent everywhere (I work with MiFi internet from different providers). I am also looking for a RW phone. Sell to ibess first.