Author Topic: Mustachian Lifestyle House for Sale  (Read 3250 times)

Guy Ensenada

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Mustachian Lifestyle House for Sale
« on: June 01, 2017, 07:01:48 AM »
For those mustache wearing afficianados of small town life and older, well cared for houses, have I got a deal for you.

Located in a small village in central NY, this house is large and stately but offers mustachian value. Walking distance- well under a mile- to all local schools, this home is located in a small, charming village that offers- literally 8 or 9 houses away- a vibrant "downtown" featuring all amenities- a vibrant performing arts center, banks, restaurants, retail options and the best farmer's market in town. The local health clinic? 2 houses to the North. Post office? 2 blocks south. Golf course? A very walkable 9-iron away. (I have been known to walk to the course with my clubs).

Ideal for those interested in telecommuting, this village is a 7 mile bikeride to the nearest commercial/banking/healthcare centers and 15-20 minute drive or longer bike commute to world class employers such as Chobani, Toyota, and Amphenol, and Acco Brands.  A major regional bank is headquartered 8 miles away. The village recently completed a "Pathways to School" program of sidewalk construction and safety initiatives to encourage a more walkable community and is also home to a major Veterans health care facility and nursing home. Schools offer small class size and proximity to higher education. Within a 90 minute drive are Colgate, Cornell, Syracuse University, Binghamton University and several other smaller higher education institutions.

The area touts itself as "Home of the 5 minute rush hour" and offers a vibrant local arts scene replete with many festivals and events, including nationally-recognized http://www.colorscape.org/, http://www.chenangobluesfest.org/ and abundant opportunities for fishing, hunting, kayaking, cross country skiing- you name it. 2 blocks from the river, and within minutes- like 5- of tens of thousands of acres of public/state forest, lakes, streams and swamps. Well known for fishing and hunting of many varieties.

Sadly, work has compelled us to relocate from this area, but this is a great family home for anyone interested in a simpler, slower paced, family friendly lifestyle. Perfect for telecommuting and an area with lots of work opportunities or potential for side hustles.  For the truly mustachian, there is an attached outhouse (2 seater!) that can reduce your local water and sewer bill.

Ah, the house....what have we done in our stewardship? Well, let's see- new roof, new windows, redone kitchen, including all appliances- within last 3-4 years come with. We insulated, including rim joists, added a wet bar and screen porch, have painted, fenced in the yard, upgraded electric, added a water softener. In addition to the gas heat, which can easily be converted back to oil in the unlikely event that becomes cost effective again, we have two wood pellet-burning appliances which heat much of the house.

https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sale/22-N-Washington-Ave,-Oxford,-NY-13830_rb/?fromHomePage=true&shouldFireSellPageImplicitClaimGA=false&fromHomePageTab=buy

Feel free to inbox me if interested!
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 07:59:18 AM by Guy Ensenada »

meadow lark

• CM*MW 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
Re: Mustachian Lifestyle House for Sale
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2017, 11:59:44 AM »
Beautiful house!  Good luck - I hope it sells fast!

Guy Ensenada

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Mustachian Lifestyle House for Sale
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2017, 05:15:29 AM »
Thanks Meadowlark