Author Topic: Looking for MMM-minded roommates in Edgewater, CO!  (Read 4237 times)

TDave22

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Looking for MMM-minded roommates in Edgewater, CO!
« on: January 03, 2014, 12:42:01 AM »
Hello!

My name is David. I'm 26 and I've been a reader of MMM for some time now and finally purchased my first little patch of real-estate just outside of Denver, CO. I'm looking for some people on the other end, on the renting end, who feel they would benefit from living with a Mustachian, taking advantage of our own little community, while respecting my house for what it is - a investment in my eventual retirement. In exchange, I'd offer a reasonably priced room ($500/month), within 5 miles of Union Station, in Denver CO, for a working professional who wants to save money to one day buy their own real estate and pursue their freedom. One thing I've learned from MMM is that our shared knowledge and teamwork gets us further than working alone. I'd like to have a few people who want to join my team, save their money, and gain some new friends and partners along the way.

Here's a link to the Craigslist ad. I have 4 bedrooms/2 bathrooms (and 2 kitchens!) and am currently showing it. I haven't found anyone who strikes me as truly Mustachian-minded, so I'm definitely holding it for the right person/people.

http://denver.craigslist.org/apa/4278215226.html

Thanks for reading!

David
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 12:47:34 PM by TDave22 »

Guizmo

• Bristles
Re: Looking for MMM-minded roommates in Edgewater, CO!
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2014, 09:53:45 PM »
That's awesome. I'm right outside Denver, but I like Edgewater. There is a cool little coffee shop that I like around that area. I would totally be down to rent a room if I wasn't living at home. I'm trying to save 20% to buy a house here early 2015. In fact, I actually own a condo but I decided to rent it out and live at home even after I just finished paying it off. I guess since I'm 24 it's not so weird to still be at home.

Quick question: did you buy the place like in the pics or did you put money to remodel. I ask because I might be working on remodeling my condo once my tenant moves out after the end of his lease in the next month. Also, what was the purchase price if you don't mind me asking.

Russ

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2014, 10:40:57 PM »
Ooh I love that pendant lamp you have going by the front door. Nice place, congrats on the home ownership
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 04:21:38 PM by Russ »

Mori

• Stubble
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2014, 03:45:51 PM »
Sorry, David, I'm not in Edgewater, but I wish you luck!

Any mod reading: Is there any way that maybe we could get another section of the forum for this sort of thing? I'm looking for a roomie, too, it'd be great to find one that was Mustachian in mindset. Odds are there's a few more of us out there, too.

Russ

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2014, 04:31:06 PM »
Any mod reading: Is there any way that maybe we could get another section of the forum for this sort of thing? I'm looking for a roomie, too, it'd be great to find one that was Mustachian in mindset. Odds are there's a few more of us out there, too.

https://forum.mrmoneymustache.com/mustachian-marketplace/
https://forum.mrmoneymustache.com/personals/

sc281

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2014, 07:08:33 AM »
Whyyyyyy couldn't you be in Coppell Tx (DFW)!?

I'm looking for an arrangement exactly like this within bikeable distance of work,grocery,gym, etc.

TDave22

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2014, 12:44:28 PM »
That's awesome. I'm right outside Denver, but I like Edgewater. There is a cool little coffee shop that I like around that area. I would totally be down to rent a room if I wasn't living at home. I'm trying to save 20% to buy a house here early 2015. In fact, I actually own a condo but I decided to rent it out and live at home even after I just finished paying it off. I guess since I'm 24 it's not so weird to still be at home.

Quick question: did you buy the place like in the pics or did you put money to remodel. I ask because I might be working on remodeling my condo once my tenant moves out after the end of his lease in the next month. Also, what was the purchase price if you don't mind me asking.

I did a lot of the fix-up myself, but I did buy it in great condition from someone who bought it on a foreclosure. I got so lucky, given Denver R/E market. I bought it for $183k. A little high, but much lower than my $250k budget, and it's built like a duplex. I have renter's moving in upstairs and still hoping to find a good roommate match for downstairs. Congrats on owning at 24! That's awesome:) Live at home as long as you can handle it;)

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2014, 07:20:46 AM »
says deleted by author