Author Topic: Looking for housesitter in Seattle this July  (Read 2833 times)

bbates728

• Stubble
Looking for housesitter in Seattle this July
« on: April 08, 2022, 02:19:36 PM »
Hello fellow Mustachians, anyone interested in house and pet sitting all the while being accommodated in a beautiful home 15 min south of Seattle? My husband and I are opening up our home for a month to someone who would like to visit the Seattle area during July and the first week of August while we are traveling.

You would have a free place to stay for over a month and a cute, well behaved dog and cat to snuggle up with! Home has spacious kitchen, an office, a view of the Puget Sound and is a mile away from Saltwater State Park and the water. If this sounds like a blast, please reply and we can set up a zoom meeting.

Specific dates are July 7 - Aug 6

uniwelder

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Looking for housesitter in Seattle this July
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2022, 03:11:11 PM »
I'm not available to house sit for you, but love this idea.  Please update if/when you find someone.

My wife and I are in a similar situation--- two dogs and we'll be out of the country for 2 weeks in the fall.  I've been contemplating TrustedHousesitters.com, but am not sure how likely we'll get someone to stay in the time window we need.  Its about $150 for a year membership, with no additional payments toward the house sitters.  Seems like it could be worth a shot.

lhamo

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2022, 08:02:23 PM »
I can't seem to find his handle but try reaching out to Mr. Green.  Not sure his dates but they are coming this way for surgery follow-up.

elaine amj

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2022, 11:55:47 PM »
What a great idea! I hope you find someone :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

uniwelder

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2022, 06:51:05 AM »
I can't seem to find his handle but try reaching out to Mr. Green.  Not sure his dates but they are coming this way for surgery follow-up.

I thought I would try helping, but can't get the @username thingy to work out with the spelling.  I'll forward the thread to him in a private message

Mr. Green

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2022, 07:39:52 AM »
Thanks for the bat signal. The period in my name breaks the predictive list BBC feature but if you type "@Mr. Green" it does indeed link me.

I wish this could have worked out for us. It's a lovely time of year to be in Seattle. Unfortunately, my hip surgery rehabilitation isn't far enough along that I could take a one-month break from it yet. I'm hoping I'll be ready by my follow-up in early September but that's far from certain right now.

bbates728

• Stubble
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2022, 11:35:36 AM »
Thanks to everyone for signaling a potential guest. I am sorry to hear about your hip, Mr. Green.

So far we are looking at using Rover for our cat while a friend takes care of our dog. It certainly helps to have one of the two taken care of mostly for free!

We had thought of using trustedhousesitters.com as well and even read some good reviews but decided against it. We are renting our house and our landlord would also need to complete a background check and provide personal information in order for us to complete the application.

Thank you again for thinking of us. :)

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!