Mustachian Community > Mustachian Marketplace

Interested in Denver, CO 2bd/2ba 1300 sq ft detached home rental at cost?

(1/1)

Cat_Race:
Hi All,
I have a lovely 1300 sqft 2bd/2ba updated house in a great part of town ~10m/15m to downtown (driving/biking). I bought this thinking it would be a great rental in the future, but as my first home have poured my heart and soul into making the place nice and have put a lot of money, sweat, tears, and blood into updating/restoring the place.  Thing is, it's a 1925 bungalow with some quirks that needs someone to love it and take care of it, be attuned to maintenance issues, and not just treat it as an apartment (we aren't expecting renters do maintenance, not opposed to it, just be quick to alert us to issues).  Would be perfect for a couple wanting their own space or roommates.  If you enjoy the charm of an older house that has been thoughtfully brought into the 21st century, this might be the one for you!

SO and I were planning to stay for a few more years, but we have an opportunity to get our dream home in a direct deal with the owner, and I'm trying to see if we could make that work given I'm not prepared to sell our place on the open market yet (+ some other reasons). Given the ethics espoused on this forum and the general character of the people here, I thought there might be a nice opportunity to offer someone reduced rent in exchange for really taking care and loving the place. We're open to all options at this point, if you're interested, please send me a PM.  Our timing is flexible - send a note and we'll see if we can make it work.  We'd be looking at ~$1450 in rent which is unheard of for a detached 2bd/2ba house in this area - essentially covers the mortgage.  Other comparable in size are renting for $2500+ in the area!  Pets negotiable. Duration negotiable. Etc.  We're more interested in finding the right fit - we want you to love it as much as we do!

Pros:
Super fantastic part of town with lots to do, everything's in walking distance, near a big park.
Detached! Neighbors are close like as in any city, but you don't share any walls!
Great natural light throughout.  Open floorplan. Big kitchen (w/ gas range and dishwasher). Original fireplace w/ insert.
Bedrooms are on different floors for privacy or setup flexibility.  Main floor bedroom is set up with a walk in closet, master bath situation. Downstairs bedroom is slightly bigger and has ample closet space, bathroom right across the hall.
Private laundry, newer front-load machines.
Beautiful private yard and garden area, patio area & shed.  Espaliered apple trees should start fruiting next year.  Flowers bloom nearly all summer long. Room to grow veggies or whatever you want.
Two off-street reserved parking spots, plentiful free on street parking.
We've made a lot of significant updates, everything is in working order.  Charming details.
Bills are low <$100/mo for electricity/gas & water.
We don' have central ac, but a more energy efficient whole house fan.

Cons:
Yard requires upkeep, and we don't have a sprinkler system, though hand watering really isn't too bad because of the layout and size.  We could help support yard maintenance if desired.
Located on a semi-busy street.  We've never had issues with this, and it's been setup to be super private.  Noise is very minimal inside house. Outdoor areas are still very enjoyable despite some road noise.
We don't have central ac, but a more energy efficient whole house fan.
No garage.
Aside from bedroom closets, minimal storage throughout the house. 1 small coat closet. The laundry room is the utility room and there's storage in there and the crawl space plus the outdoor shed.

Pictures available via PM.  Thanks!

Cat_Race:
Thanks to everyone who responded, I've been in contact with you via PM.  No need for new inquiries at this time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version