Author Topic: Ibotta Referral Code Thread  (Read 14466 times)

Dragonstrike

• Stubble
Ibotta Referral Code Thread
« on: June 17, 2017, 02:01:25 AM »
So Ibotta is becoming more lenient and growing with all in-store purchases for every day things. Now they are having a promotion for having three friends sign up via promotion codes, and the main user getting a free $30 in return.

qwcswda

This is my code. Download Ibotta and use it to sign up. Keep the chain rolling by having three friends sign up too so you can get the money as well, then, just Venmo it to your bank account.

« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 05:23:40 PM by arebelspy »

I'm a red panda

• Walrus Stache
Re: Ibotta Challenge
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2017, 09:00:38 AM »
This weekend is an especially good time to sign up because there is a $5 for any beer in a restaurant or bar on Sunday. It's for fathers day, but anyone can redeem. You can easily go in and get just one drink, as the bar person won't know about the rebate, just make sure your review is itemized. If you find somewhere with cheap beer, you may even make money!

Can I leave my referral here?
https://ibotta.com/r/sijgtqk

russelljohnson

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2017, 08:36:42 PM »
Can we have some kind of team MMM?

Ibotta offers bonuses for teams so if we use each other's referral, we can team up and get more bonuses. I have zero so far.

Here's my referral link: https://ibotta.com/r/bifwdth

« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 06:29:07 PM by russelljohnson »

SquirrelStache

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2017, 06:48:53 AM »
I would totally be down for a team MMM!

Blonde Lawyer

• Pencil Stache
    • My Student Loan Refi Story
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2017, 08:01:16 AM »
I'll join the team! My code is in my sig.  They just did 2 $5 back for any purchase that I didn't even know about and still got.  I get a good amount of cash back on my Jet purchases too.  I forget to use it half the time and still have earned $123 since I downloaded it.

russelljohnson

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2017, 02:59:00 PM »
Okay so other than referral and facebook friends, how the heck do we make teams?

I already have an account. Make a new account?

SquirrelStache

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2017, 06:53:23 AM »
Okay so other than referral and facebook friends, how the heck do we make teams?

It looks like we'd need to do it through facebook, so maybe make a new account there just for Ibotta and friend peeps from there...?

SquirrelStache

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2017, 06:55:17 AM »
Signed up, looks interesting. Not sure if I buy enough prepared foods to get the most rewards though.

I was worried about this to start with, and some weeks I only get enough for a dollar or two back, but they do have a fair few offers on fresh produce and staples like eggs/milk/bread.

The way I look at it is they are giving me money for buying stuff I was going to buy anyway, or giving me a reason to try something new. Every dollar helps :-)

Blonde Lawyer

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2017, 02:24:44 PM »

It looks like we'd need to do it through facebook, so maybe make a new account there just for Ibotta and friend peeps from there...?

Edited: from what I see online, we need to be FB friends.  So, someone can create the MMM Ibotta FB group and then we can all friend the other members.  You can then hide them so they don't clog up your feed if you are worried about that sort of thing.  I'm a recovering FB addict here so that's why I have no friends but hiding someone after friending would work.  Once you are friends, I guess you are automatically teammates on Ibotta if your Ibotta account is linked to FB.  If I read it right.

I have a FB account just for stuff like this.  I use it for some charity work but have intentionally few to no friends on it.  I've now linked my Ibotta but can't figure out how to start a team or anything.  Maybe someone more FB savvy could create a group that we could join? I don't know if that would do it.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 02:32:29 PM by Blonde Lawyer »

SquirrelStache

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2017, 02:47:34 PM »
I tried creating a group but you have to add at least one person to it, so if anyone who is interested can let me know their Facebook name/email (via PM is fine), I can get it started.

russelljohnson

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2017, 04:16:03 PM »
I tried creating a group but you have to add at least one person to it, so if anyone who is interested can let me know their Facebook name/email (via PM is fine), I can get it started.

Add me to the group! https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100018461147530

doublethinkmoney

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2017, 05:07:24 PM »
I've earned $175 on Ibotta already! I love it!

FYI you can have two separate accounts per phone. I do this when there is a sale/coupon & Ibotta deal so I can stock up on items we use. Example: they had 6 pack of beer BOGO for 9.99 each and Ibotta gave $1 for each 6 pack, got 12 beers for $7.99!!! This is the good IPA type too.

I'll just stick my referral code here:

https://ibotta.com/r/iqvndqb

You can ALSO use the BevRAGE app for beer and wine purchases at restaurants and in stores. You can use these on the SAME purchases you make with Ibotta if they have a qualifying promo at the same time. I like that they deposit right into your PayPal so it makes it easy. I usually redeem for 0.50 off any 6 pack or $1 off any 12 pk. Here is my referral code for that:

Get cash with the bevRAGE app when you buy beer, wine and liquor. Sign up using my referral code:

KAELKJYX
https://www.bevrage.com/promo/KAELKJYX

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SquirrelStache

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Ibotta Referral Code Thread
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2017, 07:37:32 PM »
Ok all, group has been created - MMM Ibotta Users.

I think I have it set up so you can search for it by name and request to join (I hope), but let me know if you have any problems.

Once joined, you can friend the members, and they should show up on your Ibotta team.

Blonde Lawyer

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2017, 06:21:38 PM »
Ok all, group has been created - MMM Ibotta Users.

I think I have it set up so you can search for it by name and request to join (I hope), but let me know if you have any problems.

Once joined, you can friend the members, and they should show up on your Ibotta team.

Awesome! Thanks.

Blonde Lawyer

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2017, 06:22:26 PM »

You can ALSO use the BevRAGE app for beer and wine purchases at restaurants and in stores. You can use these on the SAME purchases you make with Ibotta if they have a qualifying promo at the same time. I like that they deposit right into your PayPal so it makes it easy. I usually redeem for 0.50 off any 6 pack or $1 off any 12 pk. Here is my referral code for that:

Get cash with the bevRAGE app when you buy beer, wine and liquor. Sign up using my referral code:

KAELKJYX
https://www.bevrage.com/promo/KAELKJYX

I haven't heard of that one.  I'll check it out at some point and use your code when I do.

SquirrelStache

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2017, 11:33:17 AM »
FYI it can take over 24 hours before your new FB friend shows on your Ibotta app. I have no patience and expected it to show up right away ;-)

Blonde Lawyer

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2017, 01:56:19 PM »
FYI it can take over 24 hours before your new FB friend shows on your Ibotta app. I have no patience and expected it to show up right away ;-)

Thanks! I just checked and didn't see it and was like UGH what did I do wrong lol.  Also, I'll be on vacation for a week so you might not see much activity from me next week.  No judgment! Every little bit counts.  :)

russelljohnson

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2017, 11:14:36 PM »
Friended Charlotte Mustachian on team MMM. Looking forward to more.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 12:14:02 AM by russelljohnson »

SquirrelStache

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2017, 05:13:12 AM »
Hi all, I'm only seeing doublethinkmoney on my team list in Ibotta at the moment.

Russell, I see you in the Facebook group but I can't click on you to friend you (even though I thought I accepted your friend request already). I'm also not seeing you in my Ibotta app. You are basically invisible :-) Can you see me (Charlotte Mustachian) in Ibotta?

doublethinkmoney

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2017, 05:44:02 AM »
I just posted in the group for anyone to friend request me so you can be on my team.

Also make sure your Ibotta account is accessed through your FB account for it to add your FB friends as team members!

russelljohnson

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2017, 10:35:16 PM »
Hi all, I'm only seeing doublethinkmoney on my team list in Ibotta at the moment.

Russell, I see you in the Facebook group but I can't click on you to friend you (even though I thought I accepted your friend request already). I'm also not seeing you in my Ibotta app. You are basically invisible :-) Can you see me (Charlotte Mustachian) in Ibotta?

I was connected with you earlier but my Facebook account was disabled because Facebook thinks it's a fake account? Still trying to get it fixed.

SquirrelStache

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2017, 06:54:12 AM »
Russell, you were on my Ibotta last night, but you're gone again this morning lol.

I hope you get your Facebook fixed quickly :-)

russelljohnson

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2017, 08:13:21 PM »
Russell, you were on my Ibotta last night, but you're gone again this morning lol.

I hope you get your Facebook fixed quickly :-)

Everything on my end should be fixed. I see you on the team as well.

We definitely need to get more mustachians involved!

SquirrelStache

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2017, 09:22:11 AM »
Still not seeing you Russell, but it may be taking a while to sync again. I will keep an eye on it.

russelljohnson

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2017, 10:15:18 PM »
Still not seeing you Russell, but it may be taking a while to sync again. I will keep an eye on it.

Weird but Facebook disabled my account again. Working on it.

--edit--
Fixed!
« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 06:52:19 PM by russelljohnson »

sufjork

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2017, 04:55:40 PM »
Hey guys! I just joined Ibotta (my friend happened to invite me a few days ago). Here's my referral code:

https://ibotta.com/r/tmdxgyv

Also requested to join the FB group.

russelljohnson

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2017, 04:57:15 PM »
Hey guys! I just joined Ibotta (my friend happened to invite me a few days ago). Here's my referral code:

https://ibotta.com/r/tmdxgyv

Also requested to join the FB group.

Join our MMM team

SquirrelStache

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2017, 07:16:08 AM »
Just accepted two more users on the group! :-) (one of which I'm assuming is you sufjork. so welcome to the team!).

Don't forget to friend request everyone in the group.

Russell you are showing up in Ibotta again! :-)

And while I'm here, here are the steps anyone new needs to follow for reference:

• On Facebook, search for the group "MMM Ibotta Users" and request to join (if you want to create a new FB account just for this, feel free).
  • Once you are approved, send a friend request to everyone else in the group.
  • On Ibotta, link your account to your Facebook account, if you haven't already.
  • Your new friends will appear on Ibotta within 24-48 hours. Look on the Account/Teamwork tab to confirm they are visible.

sufjork

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2017, 07:14:24 PM »
I should be all added! Looking forward to getting started when I go grocery shopping this weekend. I will try and get more friends and mustachians recruited as well! Happy shopping.

Blonde Lawyer

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2017, 11:38:14 AM »
You guys aren't showing up in my team. :( It's been two weeks.  My SIL signed up w/ my code and she is in my team.  I did link my FB w/ my Ibotta account and I have participate in Teamwork on.  Not sure what else I can do.

Imustacheyouaquestion

• Bristles
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2017, 12:14:15 PM »
Can someone post a link to the facebook group? It's not showing up for me when I search "MMM Ibotta Users"

SquirrelStache

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2017, 06:32:28 AM »

Blonde Lawyer

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2017, 02:03:54 PM »
I got my issue fixed by unlinking to FB and reconnecting.  Hope that helps if anyone else is having the same problem.

DarkandStormy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2017, 08:41:51 AM »

dritto

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2017, 11:41:09 AM »

Ibotta

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
    • Ibotta Referral Code
« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2018, 03:22:31 PM »
Feel free to add me to the team. My Ibotta referral code https://ibotta.com/r/ugcguvk

Wayward

• Stubble
  • Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2018, 09:52:15 AM »
I haven't had any luck finding "MMM Ibotta Users" on FB, but my referral code is ejtfnvk!

jamesdg33

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2018, 05:09:22 PM »

Ibotta offers bonuses for teams so if we use each other's referral, we can team up and get more bonuses. I have zero so far.

I just joined using your referral code!

My referral code is https://ibotta.com/r/hhvluty

Mezzie

• Pencil Stache
    • Mezzie Learns
« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2018, 07:12:36 PM »
Is this group still active?

Blonde Lawyer

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2018, 09:27:00 AM »
Yes.  I took a hiatus while my supermarket updated their rewards program. Now that is is working for me again, I can start helping earn the team money.

DarkandStormy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2018, 10:05:20 AM »
Either Giant Eagle or Kroger used to allow you to sync your rewards card with your Ibotta account (i.e., if you purchased a case of Stella Artois and Ibotta had a $2 rebate on that at the time of purchase, it would automatically send you the $2 in your Ibotta account) - does anyone know if those are permanently dead?

Blonde Lawyer

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2018, 01:46:40 PM »
Either Giant Eagle or Kroger used to allow you to sync your rewards card with your Ibotta account (i.e., if you purchased a case of Stella Artois and Ibotta had a $2 rebate on that at the time of purchase, it would automatically send you the $2 in your Ibotta account) - does anyone know if those are permanently dead?

I don't know about those grocery stores but it works with Hannaford.  The only catch is you have to open the Ibotta app and select the deals at some point before you make the purchase.  So, it saves you the step of having to scan your receipts in but you do still have to periodically scroll through the deals and decide which ones to activate.

rivendale

• Stubble
« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2018, 03:16:26 PM »

I just joined using your referral code!

My referral code is https://ibotta.com/r/hhvluty

I just made an account (I had never heard of Ibotta before MMM) and used your referral code.

VividPixels

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #43 on: December 21, 2018, 07:41:24 PM »
I'm going to take the plunge with Ibotta but I don't know about using my Facebook for it..

I used I'm a red panda's referral code, since it seemed like nobody else had!

My code is dodiove.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!