Author Topic: Global Entry fee  (Read 6403 times)

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
Global Entry fee
« on: January 31, 2019, 09:00:33 PM »
Not necessarily mustachian, but I've got a credit card that reimburses the global entry application fee ($100).  My family is good on global entry for 5 years, so we might not even have this card anymore when the renewal rolls around.  As crappy as pay-to-play is, entry into the US is much faster with GE, and it comes with TSApre, which is nice cause I hate taking off my shoes.

I haven't seen any discussion of selling this benefit on this forum or elsewhere.  Seems like I could sell it for like $50 and everyone wins.  Of course in an ebay situation, the market would decide the best price, but the downside is that you have to coordinate for the payment (either someone gets your card number or you get their account info).  Likely the best situation is to get their account info and submit the payment then they just change the password.  And no, the CC doesn't care if the application is in somebody else's name.

Anyone have thoughts on this?

Paul der Krake

• Walrus Stache
Re: Global Entry fee
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2019, 09:14:09 PM »
I doubt you'll find a taker. People who want it bad enough either know how to get it reimbursed, or they don't care about saving $50.

For what it's worth, I've already given away 2 of those.

Dicey

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2019, 09:18:31 PM »
Not necessarily mustachian, but I've got a credit card that reimburses the global entry application fee ($100).  My family is good on global entry for 5 years, so we might not even have this card anymore when the renewal rolls around.  As crappy as pay-to-play is, entry into the US is much faster with GE, and it comes with TSApre, which is nice cause I hate taking off my shoes.

I haven't seen any discussion of selling this benefit on this forum or elsewhere.  Seems like I could sell it for like $50 and everyone wins.  Of course in an ebay situation, the market would decide the best price, but the downside is that you have to coordinate for the payment (either someone gets your card number or you get their account info).  Likely the best situation is to get their account info and submit the payment then they just change the password.  And no, the CC doesn't care if the application is in somebody else's name.

Anyone have thoughts on this?
I'm with Paul. You could possibly gift it to a friend or relative. Someone might be thrilled to get it.

JLee

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2019, 01:30:31 PM »
I gifted my benefit to my roommate - it's useless for me, as I have Nexus (which doesn't get reimbursed anyway).