Author Topic: Check out my Investment App and Guide!  (Read 2475 times)

mgarf

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Check out my Investment App and Guide!
« on: October 03, 2016, 05:47:32 PM »
Hi Mustachians. Long-time lurker of the forums (via my DW, lifejoy) and first-time poster.

I'm doing a soft release of a project I've been working on for a while, and thought this would be a good place to do an initial release. It's called InvestLogic and it's an iOS and investment guide to introduce people to logical, cheap, do-it-yourself investment.

What spurred me to complete this project was the lack of hard evidence for much of the investment advice out there. The guide and app use almost 100 years of historic data to come up with the proposed stock/bond mix, domestic/international stock mix, and bond maturities. The app also helps you rebalance and track your portfolio.

See below for a screenshot of the app in action. The app and guide can be accessed by going to www.investlogic.ca

The app will remain FREE for the next few weeks during the soft release. Feedback is more than welcome. Thanks!
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 05:50:55 PM by mgarf »

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
Re: Check out my Investment App and Guide!
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2016, 07:58:36 PM »
Looks neat.  Good luck!
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

scrubbyfish

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2016, 09:02:19 PM »
Hello H of our beloved LJ!

I've been looking forward to your app. Q: I have no fancy phone. Can the App work on my PC laptop?

mgarf

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2016, 09:07:42 PM »
No, unfortunately the app only works on iPhones. However, the investment guide has all the information you need to invest logically... the app just helps with rebalancing (which can be done with an [albeit less exciting] excel spreadsheet).

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2016, 09:16:24 PM »
Would be interested in an Android version.

Also, any particular reason iOS 9 is required?
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

scrubbyfish

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2016, 09:19:56 PM »
No, unfortunately the app only works on iPhones. However, the investment guide has all the information you need to invest logically... the app just helps with rebalancing (which can be done with an [albeit less exciting] excel spreadsheet).

Darn, the knowledge I have, it's the rebalancing part I wanted to automate some...  I'll stay tuned, though, as it develops...

mgarf

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2016, 09:58:21 PM »

I'll get started on an android version if enough interest is developed. As for iOS 9, some laziness on my part. I didn't think anyone was using 8 anymore... and you risk bugs the wider range of iOS's you allow (because I don't have an iOS 8 device to test it on).
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 10:03:14 PM by mgarf »

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2016, 11:36:46 PM »

I'll get started on an android version if enough interest is developed. As for iOS 9, some laziness on my part. I didn't think anyone was using 8 anymore... and you risk bugs the wider range of iOS's you allow (because I don't have an iOS 8 device to test it on).

Ah, okay.. didn't realize it needed different testing, figured maybe there was iOS 9 specific features or something.

iOS 9 is too laggy on my wife's device (4S), and I have Android now, unfortunately (since Google Fi only supports Nexus phones).  Still, I went ahead and downloaded it in desktop iTunes to be able to hopefully try out at a future date.  :)

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!