Author Topic: Cheap wireless plans: Mint mobile, Visable, tracfone.  (Read 503 times)

startbyservingothers

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
    • A Full Year
Cheap wireless plans: Mint mobile, Visable, tracfone.
« on: March 16, 2020, 08:36:01 PM »
I've spent quite a bit of time comparing cheap options.  MMM likes Google FI,  which can be a good value for low data users.  Here are a couple of my other favorites:

Visible:  Can get unlimited Verizon 4g service (Data, minutes, text.)  for $25 per month  (Base price is $40 per month, but if you sign up and then go to Reddit "party pay", you can get future months for just $25.
Catches.  4G only.  Only works with certain phones.  -  They sometimes offer rebates on signups for new customers.   Overall a huge bargain if you can get over the phone limitation and have good Verizon 4G coverage.  (Should be expanding.)

Tracfone:  Once known as a pretty horrible company (Better coverage now, still awful support.) , is now one of the largest prepaid providers.  For persons just needing light usage, they have some annual plans that are hard to beat.  (Take a look on Ebay.)  Also they have a monthly 1gig plan ($20) that beats Google Fi's price if you don't need the international features.

MintMobile:  A pretty good value if you have good T-Mobile coverage in your area.  They are also giving unlimited data through 4/14 on all their plans.  $15 per month for unlimited talk, text and 3GB high speed data.  http://fbuy.me/oU4PY

I've found Mint Mobile support to be comparatively better than many Post-paid companies.  Please consider using my link if interested.

bacchi

• Magnum Stache
Re: Cheap wireless plans: Mint mobile, Visable, tracfone.
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2020, 12:22:03 PM »
I'm using US Mobile for the $5 100MB/month plan. I'm always on wifi so it's sufficient.

dizzy

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Cheap wireless plans: Mint mobile, Visable, tracfone.
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2020, 10:06:18 AM »
Visible is awesome, signed up in January.  I got 3 people from the internet to join my "party", pay $25 a month inclusive of tax.
The funny thing is that I had verizon before (same carrier) and the quality of calls/data speed and quantity is MUCH, I mean GIANT STEPS better on visible.  IDK how this is going to be sustainable, whatevs.

I use this as my router since I don't have the ability to get wifi where I live.