Author Topic: The Algebra of Wealth by Scott Galloway  (Read 11661 times)

firedupready2go

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
The Algebra of Wealth by Scott Galloway
« on: April 23, 2024, 02:41:41 PM »
Iím reading this now. In some ways, itís a FIRE sort of playbook. Heís leaning into the 25x concept and talks a lot about how reaching that point = freedom, even if you choose to continue working. Heís an interesting guy - sometimes obnoxious, but I often find myself listening to his podcasts.

Anyone else reading this? Itís filling a gap for me of new FIRE books lately.

roomtempmayo

• Handlebar Stache
Re: The Algebra of Wealth by Scott Galloway
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2024, 04:11:35 PM »
I listened to many of his early podcasts, and his content has always been solid.

More recently, I think his public persona and tone have become off-puttingly finance bro, almost to the point of caricature.  I couldn't really take it, and tuned out.  So, not reading the book.

However, I think his audience is mostly 20-something males, and I think he's giving them far better advice than whatever they're likely getting for free on the internet.  He has their ear and is telling them to watch their spending no matter how much they make, which is a step in the right direction.

crocheted_stache

• Bristles
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2024, 10:47:01 PM »

solon

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2024, 08:52:24 AM »
I'm halfway through the book now. It seems like he's rambling. He just goes on and on about philosophy, etc. Maybe it's because I've been reading this stuff for a long time and mostly have it figured out, but I'm kinda bored with it.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!