Author Topic: Can't Hurt Me - David Goggins  (Read 5893 times)

Wrenchturner

• Handlebar Stache
Can't Hurt Me - David Goggins
« on: October 05, 2019, 02:11:45 PM »
Anyone read/listen to this one yet?  I highly recommend the audibook as it's treated somewhat like a podcast, with a dialogue between the author and the man reading, in between chapters.

It's a great book because:
It reminds you that challenges are an opportunity for growth, and
You're much, much stronger than you think.

I listened to this during a recent illness and it really helped me get through it with my spirits up.

stoaX

• Handlebar Stache
  • 'tis nothing good nor bad but thinking makes it so
Re: Can't Hurt Me - David Goggins
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2020, 09:54:22 AM »
I just finished reading it, using my library's e-book service (very much appreciated during quarantine).  I enjoyed it as well and it was a good reminder to not whine and complain about the minor inconveniences I've been experiencing while stuck in the house. 

use2betrix

• Magnum Stache
Re: Can't Hurt Me - David Goggins
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2020, 06:16:41 PM »
I listened to this a while back. Very motivating book as with many similar I have listened to (mostly running related).

I curse like a sailor and work in oil and gas, so I’m around it all day. That being said, the vulgarity in the book just kind of took away from the writing quality of the book. I’m all for occasional vulgarity, but it’s like he swore in times where it seemed unnecessary and almost came off a bit immature/insecure..

Other than that, great, motivating read. His interviews on Joe Rogan are also great.