Author Topic: Month long vacations in the US-where to go with little ones  (Read 1549 times)

hoping2retire35

• Handlebar Stache
  • just want to see where this appears
Trying to make some future plans about where to go with the kids when I FIRE and was thinking about renting a house for a month or so in different parts of the US. Any advice on some cool places to go where there would be a month worth of activities.

I throw in my experiences.

Charleston, SC. Beach, unlimited house tours, tons of history, boating and fishing, large national forest 30 mins away mixing all of these up you could easily spend a month here. WARNING; it gets hot and humid in the summer, plan non beach activities for the morning.

Southern Appalachia-Great Smokey MTNs greater area-hundreds of square miles, not just the GSM national park to explore by hiking, biking, or kayaking. Asheville, NC has a lot of hippies, old money, and the Biltmore Estate (most visited winery in the country, good place to take kids to just run and play, expensive entry fee), it is also the craft beer capital of the east. Highlands, NC, tiny very uppity place with one nice inn and spa. the town is nice but I don't get why it so popular with some much outside money. Helen, Ga, german alpine themed town, nice to visit in late september and october (Oktoberfest), if you are looking for imported beer they have got it, nice to dress up in a costume and take pictures with kids.

I could keep going about either place. please posts your experiences, suggestions, or any questions.