Author Topic: Just found out  (Read 52515 times)

Erica/NWEdible

• Pencil Stache
    • Northwest Edible Life - life on garden time
Re: Just found out
« Reply #150 on: June 26, 2015, 11:15:10 AM »
Congratulations!!! <3

Scubanewbie

• Stubble
« Reply #151 on: June 26, 2015, 12:21:05 PM »
Congrats!!!  Just thread the whole thread through from the beginning for the first time and it's so special!  Wishing you a happy & healthy baby who sleeps well at night!  congrats!

Gray Matter

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #152 on: June 26, 2015, 01:51:58 PM »
Can't stop staring at her. Jeez...I've become one of those parents already. Endlessly talking about their kids.

That's the best kind of parent to be.  Ok, it may get old from the perspective of those having to listen to you, but from the kid's perspective, you're golden.  Keep up the adoration!  :-)

NearlyThere

• Bristles
« Reply #153 on: June 26, 2015, 02:12:42 PM »
Yeah I love her and mummy MFP more than anything in this world. I don't care who knows or who has to listen to it.

Today was tough, we were changing from the hospital pre-made bottles to our fresh powdered ones. The seemed to give the baby colic quite bad, so we spent the morning winding. Then we thought it was constipation. Turns out the wee blighter had wind and was just super hungry today, almost doubling her intake on yesterday.

We're checking this with the midwife on tomorrows visit, but she's sleeping brilliantly right now. Mummy MFP on the settee conked out too, so a quite night here...hopefully

I'm not sure if I've mentioned on this forum before, but I have my own business and would regularly pull 70 hour weeks no bother. I can honestly say I think this will change the moment I step back in the office. Life has changed for the better and I hope to make the most of my daughters childhood. FI has always been the goal, now I have an undeniable reason why.

Just re-read the entire thread myself. Where has the last 18 months gone. Some really shitty days behind us and some momentous ones too.

Cheers for being apart of it.

Milizard

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #154 on: June 26, 2015, 07:43:29 PM »
I'm not sure what this is called where you live, but for both of my sons, we used the gentle version of the formula + gas drops.  Actually, for the second we bought some of the premixed bottles at first.  Very non-mustachian, but sanity saving nonetheless! :-P   Good luck and congratulations!

bogart

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #155 on: June 26, 2015, 10:01:19 PM »
Just catching up -- congratulations! 

NearlyThere

• Bristles
« Reply #156 on: June 27, 2015, 01:48:38 AM »
I'm not sure what this is called where you live, but for both of my sons, we used the gentle version of the formula + gas drops.  Actually, for the second we bought some of the premixed bottles at first. 

Yeah we have done exactly what you have. The pre-mixed only for sanity saving feeds. We have Infacol (gas drops) and they are doing the trick.

Baby slept brilliantly last night.

1967mama

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #157 on: June 27, 2015, 01:58:00 AM »
We always found this to be very ... uh ... relieving for baby gas:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aq2X8uoTA5I

Works like a charm. Keep knees up, not out to the sides.

Glad you're getting some sleep! Encourage mama to sleep when the baby sleeps :-)

tofuchampion

• Bristles
    • MadeByMarilynM
« Reply #158 on: July 08, 2015, 04:01:51 PM »
Congrats, MFP (and Mrs MFP, of course!). The newborn days are a special kind of magic, despite the sleep deprivation and general craziness. Enjoy your little girl!

mistershankly

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #159 on: August 04, 2015, 06:53:47 PM »
Congrats!
Kids > FI. That is all :)
best fun  / investment you'll ever make. Hard work, but that's true of everything worthwhile!

+1000!!  FI is still in range even with kids.  It's all a matter of planning and adjusting.  Congratulations!!

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!