Author Topic: Anyone done 3 carseats across in a 2013 Toyota Camry or Corolla?  (Read 4349 times)

thegardener

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Hello all,

I've been doing some carseat research and haven't really found any answers. Most of the sources I have seen say to just buy a new car, which I would prefer to avoid as long as possible. We have a 2013 Corolla and a 2013 Camry. Is there any way to fit three carseats across the backseat? If so, which ones? Looking for one rear facing infant and two forward facing. I figured if anyone has managed to accomplish this feat, I'd be likely to find them here. :)

lbmustache

• Pencil Stache
Re: Anyone done 3 carseats across in a 2013 Toyota Camry or Corolla?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2017, 07:04:14 PM »
Definitely should work in the 2013 Camry (here is a video review, it's for a 2015 Camry but that's just a facelift version of yours - the dimensions are the same https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OECSSnxWVUs).

This usually a high-recommended car seat: https://us.diono.com/product/radian-rxt/

I'm a red panda

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2017, 07:48:12 PM »
I was going to recommend the radian.

Do note though that it may not work at all ages. You can't use the angle adjuster for a newborn. It was not possible to get the seat into my elantra without the adjuster.

meerkat

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2017, 07:24:02 AM »
Here's a blog post for three across installation in the Camry and the Corolla. The url looks like it was originally published in 2014 but they mention 2017 model cars so maybe the posts have been updated over time.

dphngbr

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2017, 08:58:07 AM »
We've used a combination of 2 Radians and 1 Combi Cocorro (rear-facing) in our 2012 Subaru Outback.  The Radians are an absolute pain to get in, but have a terrifically slim profile. 

leftcoastenvy

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2017, 12:33:07 PM »
I have 3 carseats in the back of my 2009 Honda Civic. Currently there are 3 Diono Radians (2 forward, 1 rear facing). When my son was first born, I had 2 forward facing Radians and a Graco infant seat. It is tight and the RF Radian causes the front passenger seat to be pushed up kinda far, but it is nice to be able to fit all 3 kids in my car when needed.

thegardener

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2017, 10:44:55 AM »
Thanks, everyone. I knew if anyone could help, they would be here. :)

TVRodriguez

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2017, 10:54:28 AM »
Like others have said, it's definitely doable.  We have a 2005 Camry, and we had three carseats across the back (still have three booster seats now).  I honestly forget what seats they were, but they were regular ones you can get anywhere.  I think we had two Evenflo convertibles on the outside and one of those infant carrier seats in the middle.

BAM

• Stubble
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2017, 11:36:54 AM »
We did this years ago in a 1987 Corolla. It was tight but it fit. No special sized car seats either - just two forward facing and one rear facing infant seat.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!